Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic U39 "surprise"? (Read 4043 times)
platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

U39 "surprise"?
Jun 10th, 2018 at 6:04am
Print Post  
Anyone with inside knowledge care to share anonymously here? Caring and sharing is the love fest that is Vault. Otherwise it will be released on lamannia according to Old Man Beaver.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Re: U39 "surprise"?
Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Not sure if this counts as the surprise but they are revamping the heroic gear from the Phiarlan Carnival adventure pack.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/496906-A-better-solution-to-mid-epics-...

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
They should do something about the Epic version and work out something about the S/S/S/I from that time.... Something like a 3 for one exchange NPC, by adventure pack, like there's one for Sands.
( or any other version of an exchange NPC that lets you spend shards for a shard you want/need, seals for a seal you want/need, scrolls for a scroll you want/need... Base Item is still needed )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 4:49pm:
They should do something about the Epic version and work out something about the S/S/S/I from that time.... Something like a 3 for one exchange NPC, by adventure pack, like there's one for Sands.
( or any other version of an exchange NPC that lets you spend shards for a shard you want/need, seals for a seal you want/need, scrolls for a scroll you want/need... Base Item is still needed )

MAGGA

Antique Greataxe

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #4 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Only people who know are the Devs.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #5 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 6:40pm
Print Post  

Whether or not they do that, they should update the numbers of the epic items so they're at the very least in line with cannith crafting.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #6 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 9:29pm
Print Post  

I remember when DoJ launched I tried to get the Antique Greataxe Seal for leveling my barb (I had everything else). I had five other people ready to pass it to me and we must have ran close to  30 runs over a week. Never dropped. They should definitely put in a system like that since the items arent even that good... 
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2018 at 9:30pm by Rose-tinted Goggles »  

DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #7 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 6:53am
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 9:29pm:
I remember when DoJ launched I tried to get the Antique Greataxe Seal for leveling my barb (I had everything else). I had five other people ready to pass it to me and we must have ran close to  30 runs over a week. Never dropped. They should definitely put in a system like that since the items arent even that good... 

Took me over a week to get mine.  Pretty sure I hit ransack twice.  Can't even begin to put a number on how many pulls it took.  I got it back in 2011 when there were still enough active players willing to jump in for at least a few runs so I had at least 3 other people with me every time I opened that chest.

Even for Turbine the old epic gear was a horribly fucked-up and inefficient system that I've gladly ignored ever since.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Oracler
Titan Demolisher

Sploits! omnomnom..

Reply #8 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Bacon of hope:

Here's a drama, There's a drama, and another little drama
Fuzzy drama, Funny drama, drama drama duck

drama drama, cheesecake drama, tablet, brick, potato, drama
drama drama mushroom drama, drama drama duck

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #9 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 6:53am:
Took me over a week to get mine.  Pretty sure I hit ransack twice.  Can't even begin to put a number on how many pulls it took.  I got it back in 2011 when there were still enough active players willing to jump in for at least a few runs so I had at least 3 other people with me every time I opened that chest.

Even for Turbine the old epic gear was a horribly fucked-up and inefficient system that I've gladly ignored ever since. 

I guess one good thing it did was extend the life of the content. When Big Top was fixed the pack essentially died beyond running Partycrashers and Snitch for the easy tokens. Actually making the items was unrealistic. Especially the Small Problem items. On Sarlona you would rarely see Small Problem lfms. I mained a rogue at the time so I had no real need for any of the items. I also pulled the sos shard mid 2011 so I ignored that pack.
« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2018 at 10:36am by Rose-tinted Goggles »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 11:09am
Print Post  
I was tri-box farming it for a while, loved that quest but still never saw the missing piece. Got really annoying eventually Tongue

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #11 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
I am going to need a lot of popcorn for when this goes live.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #12 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Trollero wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 6:08pm:

lol. They find out what can go live right around the time the players do. Except they don't know if it works until later. Sometimes much, much later.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #13 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:15pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #14 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Trollero wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 6:08pm:

The Player's Council would know, too, if the Devs have shared it on the PC Forum.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #15 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 4:43pm:
The Player's Council would know, too, if the Devs have shared it on the PC Forum.

We didn't.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #16 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
It would be funny if the S/S/S items became “Epic versions now drop in epic quests.” and the S/S/S became Mythic +1/+2/+4 upgrade tokens.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 4:43pm:

Thats cute, you think the devs care about the PC.  Little news for you, the only people who care about the members of the PC are their parents.  And in some cases I'd bet they don't care either.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #18 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
raybob wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 4:32pm:
Thats cute, you think the devs care about the PC.  Little news for you, the only people who care about the members of the PC are their parents.  And in some cases I'd bet they don't care either.

Who said I cared about them? Not me.

All I said was, I bet they know what the secret is. I stand behind that.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint