Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) DPS Tests U39 Lama (Read 30030 times)
crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Re: DPS Tests U39 Lama
Reply #25 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
how is a T5 kensai swash? still hopeless?

IP Logged

Symbiont
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 1:58pm:

Not hopeless, but not on-par.

IP Logged

Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #27 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 19th, 2018 at 8:54pm:
Lam comes up tonight or tomorrow. This thread will be for any that are interested in posting their dps times, or want to improve their dps times.

For "general" baselines sam posted this on the mobos ;

There is also Symb's youtube channel.

What we are working on :

Symb and I worked out an optimal rotation for monks against any targets that are not at 100% fort. There is also a rotation for 100% fort bosses, but that isn't going to be better at kobold racing. By including Symb's latest idea for monk rotations, with what we were previously using, we think we have enough to shift the dps king title significantly back to monks. Despite the nerfs. The class should still have the highest helpless damage and the highest raw dps in the game.

I see vangurd is the lowest on the melee and second lower before fury throwers. Was that pure vanguard ftr/paly? How fared  pure ftr tier 5 kensei core 6 vanguard?
Also ty for the work you are doing dude

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #28 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Was that pure vanguard ftr/paly? How fared  pure ftr tier 5 kensei core 6 vanguard?

Pure, and had t5 kensai with core6 vanguard. Also a racial completionist. It was with a daxe though and he's a dwarf.

There was a twitch and non-twitch number. The non-twitch number was lower by about 10%.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2018 at 7:14pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #29 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 7:13pm:
Pure, and had t5 kensai with core6 vanguard. Also a racial completionist. It was with a daxe though and he's a dwarf.

There was a twitch and non-twitch number. The non-twitch number was lower by about 10%.

Ty for the answer.
Now for mu curiosity,  isnt calamity better on a non dwarf, or just better overall? you lose the glancing and dreadnaught axe fluf if you go there but gain critical range.
If still, d axe is better, what are the to go daxes atm? id guess  Lgsteel of even old  whyrm axes as there is not a named daxe atm that shines.

The numbers are posted somewhere else so i can chek it directly instead of continue bothering here?

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #30 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
He was gonna switch to calamity but I think he's on break atm. He usually plays a thf, but the toon may be in TR hell.

I do not have the stuff posted anywhere else atm... let me see if I can drag up a google doc:

here

Various people are at various stages of toon development (and understanding) so the numbers there can be highly variable. The best tests are ones where a single person takes the same (or relatively) similar gear to a similar build and tests it out, e.x., Sym and Rubb.

Numbers should be used for helping people get better. Not measure dicks, although dick measuring is fun. You often need to do a dps test over and over again to get the clicky rotation down.

« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2018 at 8:20pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jun 25th, 2018 at 10:30am
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 1:58pm:

We did a khopesh swf using kensei tier 5, vanguard cores for shield bashes, swashbuckler tier 3 for skirmisher to enable buckler + khopesh and get swf activated. Even using full retard ap expenditure, it still resulted in the lowest times of all builds tested. And that is with using every available dps relevant ability. Omitting normal gameplay abilities entirely. Examples being stalwart stance, a major advantage swashbucklers have access to through bucklers. The stance functions while being equipped in a silent avenger set, something no other build except s&b vanguards can use.

Calamity beats any swashbuckler light weapon version, as does the kensei tree compared to the swash tree. And even that version is behind the builds listed in this thread. Paladins and swashbucklers are behind barbarians, which are behind monks, rogues, fighters, and tempests. Roughly in that order.    

WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 8:16pm:
He was gonna switch to calamity but I think he's on break atm. He usually plays a thf, but the toon may be in TR hell.

I do not have the stuff posted anywhere else atm... let me see if I can drag up a google doc:

here

Thanks for the link. I think this clearly illustrates a number of things, mainly that the highest performing builds are all relaying huge sneak attack damage through the high attack rate of twf/wraps. Sneak attack damage also bypasses the twf half damage penalty for twf, further enabling these builds.

It might just be that Rogues could be the highest dps build in reaper. The debuff affects sneak attack damage the least of any damage type, and rogues deal the highest, and most consistent sneak attack damage. While sfw rogue may be more damage on a kobold race, it might be that twf's higher attack rate is superior in reaper.

The monk times in your sheet show a large disparity between users. Assuming not just the past lives, but also the rotations are different between players. 

Another thing to point out that correlates with my tests is that tempests are probably the lowest floor melee dps build right now. Proficient players can deal massive dps with just gear and skill. The lowest active attack rotation sequences, easy to gear for stats, incredible burst dps, and high uptime aoe attacks makes tempests extremely favorable for most players. 
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2018 at 11:03am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #32 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 12:06am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 25th, 2018 at 10:30am:
Another thing to point out that correlates with my tests is that tempests are probably the lowest floor melee dps build right now. Proficient players can deal massive dps with just gear and skill. The lowest active attack rotation sequences, easy to gear for stats, incredible burst dps, and high uptime aoe attacks makes tempests extremely favorable for most players. 

and yet, I'm 10 seconds slower than Symbiont.   I'm 43% retarded but still.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #33 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 25th, 2018 at 10:30am:
It might just be that Rogues could be the highest dps build in reaper.

That was my prediction. Another possible confounder: is the kobold still immune to Assassin's trick? (I haven't been on lama recently)

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jun 27th, 2018 at 2:04pm:
That was my prediction. Another possible confounder: is the kobold still immune to Assassin's trick? (I haven't been on lama recently)

I wouldnt know if trick works on kobolds or not now. Has been a very long time since I even tried a build with trick and that was around the arty BE pass.

I think it does or some rogue players would have had to notice, there were a lot of rogues doing kobolds on this last lama. I will check next time it's up as I want to test rogue configurations between 18/2, 20, twf, and swf.
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2018 at 10:55pm by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
Test 1. twf assassin

rogue 20: human
32pt build. ( no past lives )
dex based. 70 dex, 60 int.
ap:
41 asin
25 vkf
14 kta
https://imgur.com/a/4c13NRA

288 mp blitzing under prowess haste boost.
95 doublestrike under rapid slash.

Tenser is the only buff.
arborea without sneak of shadows.
twf daggers pain+pain, twisting symetric strikes.
30 seconds average. peaked 28.

Surprisingly a VKF tier 5 and capstone using vfk down style is only around 5 seconds behind.
VFK down pointed style is inferior in any variant and will be excluded from future tests.   
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//////////////

Ethereal version ( w/o sos )
100 hide
268 melee power

seems to be behind by 2 seconds with averages around 32. peak of 30.

Probably worth dropping Ethereal in favor of arborea on first lifer without sneak of shadows.

This was a rather laggy lama today and I had to do a great number of beatdowns more than I usually spend time on. The rogue seems to perform close to tempests, not ahead on the kobold, but in higher skulls it should favor rogue and also for prolonged boss beatdowns due to cooldown limitations of 1k cuts.

Bluff can have its animation bypassed in melee by holding down attack and then press bluff while attack is pinned. Rather useless however since it deals 0 damage, and rogues get shiv ( which still! turns mobs around and deals + (W) ), assassin trick ( interrupts the basic attack animation ), and improved feint ( does not interrupt basic attack animations and deals +(W)).

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
Test 2 swf assassin. arborea. same as above stats, 20 melee power higher from vkf instead of 20% offhand.

Twitch times averaged 32 and peaked 30.
non-twitch 37 seconds peaked 35.

This is less than expected. The twf times were faster. The time was a far slower time when not twitching and without crusade's 10% twisted in ( since symmetric strikes is lost ). Youre going to have to be twitching to beat the twf times. And a larger modifier favors swf more than twf. making my dex total of 70 seem too low to consistently break that threshold over swf. swf looks like it will need the past lives and inflated modifier to beat twf.
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2018 at 11:56pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 7:50am
Print Post  
quarterstaff test for pure 20 rogue. same gear as other rogue tests used ( Silent + adherent )with exception of bloodrage chrism.

Gulthas staff.
arborea. 255 melee power. 86 base doublestrike, 100+ under quickstrike
74 dex, 60 int.

ap;
41 acro
27 asin
12 harper

average of 50 seconds and peaked at 48. This is so horribly behind that I question what builds the devs were using and what gear they equipped when they said quarterstaff was the 7th best build. even if this build multiclassed into monk and kensei there is no way it gets to shave off 10 seconds. And even if it somehow managed to, 10 seconds faster still would not even place this into the top 15-20~ of what builds are doing today.

There isn't any need for me to even try monk splashes or kensei splashes with this shit tier dps pile. wtf is this even? there are like 10 kensei, rogue, monk, tempest, wolf, sylvanus, barb variants you can do right now that make this look like it isnt even playing the same game.

you want to know the best part was? the fucking staff got damaged during every 1.5 test runs. Yes, 1.5 test runs, not broken, but had to be repaired. on a fuking kobold dummy on lama....

just burn every staff in the game.
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2018 at 7:51am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #38 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
Man that is fubar.

IP Logged

Trainwreck
Korthos Resident

Shrines are for pussies

Reply #39 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
For what it's worth my Mual build registered a 12.3k/sec on live bruntsmash test.  That was only with regular buffs, remnant str pot, comm +2 dmg pot, and tensors.  No madstone, melee power pots or prowess set gear swaps or other shinanigans.  So factor that in however you want.  Split was 12 fighter/6 paly/ 2 monk, centered kensie with exahlted smite.  I have recently TR'd into a new barbarian version with the new barb update so we'll see how it goes.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Trainwreck wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 3:36pm:
my Mual build registered a 12.3k/sec on live bruntsmash test.  That was only with regular buffs, remnant str pot, comm +2 dmg pot, and tensors.  No madstone, melee power pots or prowess set gear swaps or other shinanigans.  So factor that in however you want.  Split was 12 fighter/6 paly/ 2 monk, centered kensie with exahlted smite.

Around 41 seconds then?

What were your monk ki attack rotations? depending on your wis dc unbalancing strike is the best opener for dps times on monks. triple earth combo for earth finisher, including fist of iron in the sequence, Fist-> GM earth->M earth->finisher. deadly strike should probably be the third attack of the opening sequence to maximize uses between the long cooldowns. exalted smite is limited, but assuming 4 charges it can supplement the ki attack chain for the first half of your time. you should grab elemental words; acid from henshin to inflict vulnerability and get bonus damage off earth sequence.

Opening rotation sequence ; Unbalancing-> Opportunity attack-> Elemental word-> Exalted-> Deadly-- then transition into the main sequence of Fists-> GM earth-> M earth-> Finisher-> Opportunity-> Exalted. Staying on earth x3 + finisher until opportunity and exalted come off cooldowns every 6 seconds, and deadly every 10. finishing with good death once below 30%.

« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2018 at 5:48pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Trainwreck
Korthos Resident

Shrines are for pussies

Reply #41 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 5:47pm:
Around 41 seconds then?

What were your monk ki attack rotations? depending on your wis dc unbalancing strike is the best opener for dps times on monks. triple earth combo for earth finisher, including fist of iron in the sequence, Fist-> GM earth->M earth->finisher. deadly strike should probably be the third attack of the opening sequence to maximize uses between the long cooldowns. exalted smite is limited, but assuming 4 charges it can supplement the ki attack chain for the first half of your time. you should grab elemental words; acid from henshin to inflict vulnerability and get bonus damage off earth sequence.

Opening rotation sequence ; Unbalancing-> Opportunity attack-> Elemental word-> Exalted-> Deadly-- then transition into the main sequence of Fists-> GM earth-> M earth-> Finisher-> Opportunity-> Exalted. Staying on earth x3 + finisher until opportunity and exalted come off cooldowns every 6 seconds, and deadly every 10. finishing with good death once below 30%.

Ok so I guess more detail is needed  Tongue I don't take unbalancing strike as only 2 monk levels and shit for wisdom.  I don't take words as any group I run in at high reaper, someone has vulnerable creation, especially in raids. The math on my run assumed 20% vulnerable.

I don't have any monk stances beyond lesser as I took child of silvanus and greater weap specialization for more static dps vs the multiplier on just 19/20 in fire stance at greater. So trying to include the earth finisher into my attack chains takes longer and i usually don't do it, although i could of for this test and maybe gotten in 3 or 4 attempts at it. 

All the extra AP I could spend in getting the monk stuff, I have in Stalwart mainly because I usually need the defense to cover my own mistakes, and the build is a bit squishy anyway.  I didn't want to rework my enhancements to squeeze out every last drop of dps for the test, more to get an everyday idea of what it would be in a boss fight. 

So having said all that, the attack chain is as you said but without most of the monk stuff, with 7 exhalted smites and a momentum swing early on. 

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Trainwreck wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 10:50am:
don't have any monk stances beyond lesser as I took child of silvanus and greater weap specialization for more static dps vs the multiplier on just 19/20 in fire stance at greater. So trying to include the earth finisher into my attack chains takes longer and i usually don't do it, although i could of for this test and maybe gotten in 3 or 4 attempts at it. 

fitting in the monk stances is higher dps than greater weapon spec, the multiplier is considerable on prolonged beatdowns. Including the triple earth finisher would get you a  much better dps than not using them or taking the stance feats. There are not many feats that are better than the monk stances for dps in this game. I would definitely get grandmaster/master stances on any build splashing monk. no exceptions. On a 40 second beatdown there is room for around 30 something iterations of triple earth. Way more dps than not taking it.

Take a henshin core for the 3mp, grab fists from any of the monk trees. do not use momentum swing as that is around 3 attack animations while haste boosted and twitching. I see this all the time even in high skull raid boss beatdowns, where monks are using whirlwind. it cuts your dps. youre trading a whirlwind or momentum swing for around 3 animations + monk rotations. it adds up, especially on large hp bags like baba or strahd.

« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2018 at 3:15pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Trainwreck
Korthos Resident

Shrines are for pussies

Reply #43 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
Ok well if I go back to it after the current barbarian version that I'm trying, I will take your advice and test it out.  Still, with what I was lacking based on what you are saying, it seems Mauler can be pretty good and you didn't have one up on the OP it looked like.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Trainwreck wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 3:39pm:
Ok well if I go back to it after the current barbarian version that I'm trying, I will take your advice and test it out.  Still, with what I was lacking based on what you are saying, it seems Mauler can be pretty good and you didn't have one up on the OP it looked like. 

I did not post a maul time, symb did test some animal versions using slyvanus and I think he hit a sub 20 time there. tho trying to match his times, aside being kobold spec'd, is not something i try to measure against as he is an incredible player and can twitch while sticking a rotation much more effectively than I. so even on his character i would be a few seconds behind him.

lama comes up again in a week or so and we will be there testing again. everyone is welcome to come kick it and shoot the shit. we will be exploring animal forms and barbs this go around.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 7:35am
Print Post  
Only really had a chance to test barbs on lama last night, but they are in a good spot for dps right now.

Tested twf and swf. Dojo gear using adherent + avenger with Calamity.
Strength when raged, primal scream, and ship buff was 96.
Int score of 50.

TWF recorded peaks of 25 seconds and lows of 32 seconds. That puts it on par with tempests. I was really impressed with the performance because it does not rely too much on bursts.

SWF times were in the high 30s to the low 40s on non-twitch fighting. Even twitching wouldn't get it to match the best times of the TWF version.

AP used

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #46 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 9:09am
Print Post  
Toon had PLs?

Related question: No supreme cleave?

Thanks for the numbers dude!

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #47 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 9:11am
Print Post  
Good stuff.  Thanks for testing.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 11:41am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 9:09am:
Toon had PLs?

Related question: No supreme cleave?

Thanks for the numbers dude!

It's a kobold beater toon. In reality you'd take blood tribute and supreme cleave.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #49 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Ya the DR from Occult Slayer is looking sexy---and they get a 10 mp clicky and ear smash. You can still grab the improved power attack from ravager and kta with 41 ap in frenzy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint