Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) DPS Tests U39 Lama (Read 30052 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

DPS Tests U39 Lama
Jun 19th, 2018 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Lam comes up tonight or tomorrow. This thread will be for any that are interested in posting their dps times, or want to improve their dps times.

For "general" baselines sam posted this on the mobos ;

Quote:
Build      and DPS (w/vuln)
Vanguard      11143.85204
Repeater      3283.055965
Fury Thrower      12689.07563
Melee Monk      13032.06997
Fury Thrower      7553.571429
Tempest      14081.63265
Melee Monk      11651.4532
ShadowdancerRogue      13763.0662
Fury Thrower      19789.91597
Fury Thrower      17035.71429
Melee Monk      20952.38095
Melee Rogue      20370.37037
Melee Monk      19505.49451
Melee Rogue      16627.63466
Melee Wolf      14536
Assassin Blitz      21577
Shintao Monk      12132
Mace Tempest      12618

There is also Symb's youtube channel.

What we are working on :

Symb and I worked out an optimal rotation for monks against any targets that are not at 100% fort. There is also a rotation for 100% fort bosses, but that isn't going to be better at kobold racing. By including Symb's latest idea for monk rotations, with what we were previously using, we think we have enough to shift the dps king title significantly back to monks. Despite the nerfs. The class should still have the highest helpless damage and the highest raw dps in the game.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Re: DPS Tests U39 Lama
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2018 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Sam I am. I must put a disclaimer on those numbers. The numbers for ranged will be 30% higher in the dojo. (The numbers in that list are apples to apples, and 30% lower for ranged because they are debuffed more than melee.) The best fury thrower in that list was Shav. On LE he would have had 25k or a 20 second kill time of a kobold. He only used adrenaline as they recharged.
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2018 at 9:53pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jun 19th, 2018 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jun 19th, 2018 at 9:52pm:
He only used adrenaline as they recharged.

Have seen him do faster with unbridled and manually using adrenaline.

I think monk in ld could push 30k for a 15 second kill. That is without using scourge's divine form, which is close to what old dual boosting was, but only for 10~ seconds instead. By starting the dps on the 60th second of divine form the burst increases for any dps build. If full retard racing build, then should be clocking in around low 30's.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jun 21st, 2018 at 4:55pm
Print Post  

After rounds of various build dps testing we failed to break the 15 second mark with shintao monks. Despite utilizing a superior rotation from his last tests, symb only managed to attain a 20 second kill. 2 seconds slower from his previous attempt with unnerfed prowess. These were conducted on a fully geared and buffed character with all past lives.

My tests on no life character were also similar and were 2 seconds slower than my previous tests, 34 seconds currently compared to previous 32 for monk. my no life tempest clocked in at 33-32 seconds.

The fix to prowess was the largest roadblock to breaking 15 seconds on a monk. Though many of the builds tested could hit 15 seconds if using scourge's divine form.

Tempest seems to be ahead on the kobold tests by about 1 second versus all other builds that were comparable in dps testing. They are much easier to gear than monks and are less stat dependant. Rotations are very minimal and majority of the time is holding down attack. The caveat is that tempest dps hinges on 1k cuts for 15 seconds out of every 90. What that means is that on larger hp beatdowns monk/rogue/fighter are superior because they dont lose half their dps for 75 seconds until 1k cuts comes off cooldown. They can simply continue what they were doing without any drop of at all.

ssg actually did a really good job balancing out the melee dps classes. no builds were so far ahead as to obsolete any other builds tested. Most of the builds clocked in at around 17-20 seconds on average. Rogues, tempests, 18/2 fighters, monks, 20 fighter, are all in a very good place right now dps wise. 

Barbs need a slight adjustment. paladins and swashbucklers need a miracle.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #4 - Jun 21st, 2018 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 21st, 2018 at 4:55pm:
symb only managed to attain a 20 second kill. 2 seconds slower from his previous attempt with unnerfed prowess. These were conducted on a fully geared and buffed character with all past lives.

My tests on no life character were also similar and were 2 seconds slower than my previous tests, 34 seconds currently compared to previous 32 for monk.

Whats the cause of the 12 second discrepancy between Symb and your no life toon? Is it mostly past lives or the gear and buffs not equal?

Rubbinns wrote on Jun 21st, 2018 at 4:55pm:
ssg actually did a really good job balancing out the melee dps classes. no builds were so far ahead as to obsolete any other builds tested. Most of the builds clocked in at around 17-20 seconds on average. Rogues, tempests, 18/2 fighters, monks, 20 fighter, are all in a very good place right now dps wise. 

Barbs need a slight adjustment. paladins and swashbucklers need a miracle.

What about survivability? If the majority of classes are balanced dps wise. Would it not be best to choose the class that has the best survivability?. I assume monks would win in this case? I haven't been playing in a while. Can you go glass cannon in reaper/LE raids now?

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jun 21st, 2018 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Jun 21st, 2018 at 9:01pm:
Whats the cause of the 12 second discrepancy between Symb and your no life toon? Is it mostly past lives or the gear and buffs not equal?

better gear layout with access to slaver's and cc for weak spots. I only used named loot found in dojo. No mythic/reaper mp bonuses. No racial ap or lives, and no epic lives. Symb is also better at pulling off rotations than I am.

The ranger tempest tests were also similar, his 17 seconds, mine just now topped out at a bunch of 28s and a 25. 11~ second difference there too. Though hitting below 30 on a no life tempest with dojo gear is really, really good.

Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Jun 21st, 2018 at 9:01pm:
What about survivability? If the majority of classes are balanced dps wise. Would it not be best to choose the class that has the best survivability?. I assume monks would win in this case? I haven't been playing in a while. Can you go glass cannon in reaper/LE raids now?

They all offer something unique. Fighters have hamp/prr/mrr/hps and sky high tactics dcs. Rangers get dod for aoe and cure spells for your teammates. Rogue gets traps, i guess ;p. Monks are still my favorite, but they have a high floor and ceiling since you have to spam ki attacks every second. But they do get the best tactic in the game in jade tomb, and 50% fort debuffs, self sustained vulnerability up to 30%, knock on the sky, and unbalancing strike.
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2018 at 9:55pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #6 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Matching what I've observed as well, everything's close.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #7 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
I'm just retarded and can't break 25 seconds on a tempest.  I'm also drunk when testing which I'm sure doesn't help

How far behind are pallies?   Define "a miracle?"

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #8 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jun 22nd, 2018 at 1:43pm:
 Define "a miracle?"

Probably multi-classing in a real DPS class... Grin

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
I'm just retarded and can't break 25 seconds on a tempest.  I'm also drunk when testing which I'm sure doesn't help

Not exactly sure how far behind because I didn't bother rolling one, but they are missing everything that newer melees are sporting. Namely melee power and doublestrike. A complete lack of compared to other classes that are netting 50~ mp, or 20~ doublestrike in a tree.

Swash could use some MP to supplement its doublestrike values. There is not a niche that either class can fill currently that isn't already being done better by another class. Scourge, a racial tree, is a better undead killer than a paladin. SSG is clueless.

I tested a few variations on tempests and found some interesting things. If, say, you have stacked past lives then getting the crit multiplier in dws is more damage. However, if you're lacking all those dps past lives then vistani's 10 doublestrike and 10 offhand doublestrike is faster on average by around 2 seconds.

I tried a few main hand knife+ offhand khopesh set-ups to see what VKF can do. Things like vendetta and rapid slash will function as long as the main hand is a dagger. Even going as far as granting the offhand khopesh the crit values. Ultimately that layout is inferior to dual khopesh/scimitar and tier 5 tempest + capstone, but it is something for other builds in the future to use, maybe. Just not on a tempest.

What really surprised us was that swf beat twf on 18/2, pure 20, fighters and rogues. I believe it has to do with the damage modifier, high doublestrike values, and large ravenloft base die. Even if it is slightly behind attack rate compared to twf, swf leverages doublestrikes more effectively because it is not just full damage, but also gets the damage modifier.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #10 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Were the SWFers VKF daggers or different weapons?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 22nd, 2018 at 1:46pm:
Probably multi-classing in a real DPS class... Grin

I tried to use swashbuckler as a supplementary tree on a kensei + khopesh swf frame. By using skirmisher to allow for swf a khopesh while using a buckler for shield smashes. 16/3/1fvs, or 12/7/1 utilizing vanguard cores to get shield bash rates up to 80%+. The idea was to try and get the cane buckler's 3W (2d10+10) profile every second, along with shield mastery feats and twist for doublestrikes.

It was still behind every build we tested. Just is not worth taking those splits. The 12/7/1 could be interesting for newer characters without displace clickies, and it has access to cure spells, but lacks behind the other builds in dps. For reference I clocked those builds in at around 38 seconds for top end times. Slower than anything else i tested these past few days.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jun 22nd, 2018 at 2:23pm:
Were the SWFers VKF daggers or different weapons?

Calamity. That weapon is dope af. 19-20 x3, vacuum + negative levels covers trash and bosses in one weapon.

Symb came in at 17 seconds on a swf fighter.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #13 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
So the TWF would still be superior if you were proc fishing for vorpals and such?  Because it still has more hits/second?

But the SWF is stronger on DPS because it is more hits from the mainhand and those are going to be much stronger than the offhand hits.    Basically do you want to do 100 hits with 50 at 100 damage and 50 at 50 damage (750 damage) or do you want to do 80 hits all of them at 100 damage (800 damage).

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #14 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 3:07pm
Print Post  

Has no tactics bonus, dodge sucks in heavy armour.
Mainly the self healing is pointless which is retarded. What good is 1k csw or 400 cocoon tick in reaper.

500 light damage on crits wouldn't be bad. Or strong turns. Or reduced reaper hjealing penalty. Or uber paladin defensive auras ( "shared" sacred defender stance ? Working SR aura ? idk ) . Or instagibs against outsiders and undead. Idk, fun stuff . I would love if they offered us unique class strengths, not just another fucking 50 melee power and 1 crit multi + threat in trees.
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2018 at 3:26pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 22nd, 2018 at 3:03pm:
So the TWF would still be superior if you were proc fishing for vorpals and such?  Because it still has more hits/second?

Yes, but pswf would actually turn the advantage around for specifically on a roll of 20 effects. % chance procs like negative levels, or static on-hit like vacuum would favor twf. I'm legit surprised ssg managed to somehow bring a semblance of balance between all the melee styles. They haphazardly fumbled into the endzone here.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #16 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
dies tests are titties

for SWF is it optimal to use orb offhand? or does that fuck the vistani stuff
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2018 at 9:17pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

Symbiont
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jun 22nd, 2018 at 9:16pm:
for SWF is it optimal to use orb offhand? or does that fuck the vistani stuff

The +20 MP from vistani was fixed so it doesn't disappear when you equip something in your offhand. It's best to use an orb with SWF (assuming you're not centered or an arti splash), whether it's just for acquiring another piece for Adherent set, or for spellpower whenever you might need to occasionally throw heals.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Test request:

A) 10 fighter 9 Druid 1 fvs wolf form With a two hander
B) 10 fighter 8 Druid 2 monk centered wolf With a two hander
C) 10 fighter 9 Druid 1 barb wolf with a two hander raging
D) any of the above but in bear instead of wolf for a comparison

Much appreciated

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 10:35am
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Jun 22nd, 2018 at 10:33pm:
Test request:

A) 10 fighter 9 Druid 1 fvs wolf form With a two hander
B) 10 fighter 8 Druid 2 monk centered wolf With a two hander
C) 10 fighter 9 Druid 1 barb wolf with a two hander raging
D) any of the above but in bear instead of wolf for a comparison

Much appreciated

Lama went down Friday morning. It should come back up again in 2 weeks or so. Symb will test some more builds then. Stick builds, Vanguards, pally, and some tanks are on his agenda. 

Though Symb tested a ( iirc 8 6 6 centered sylvanus) wolf this go around and recorded low 20s. A bear variation wouldn't be too far apart. The difference is wolf has more attacks and sneak attack, and bear has glancing blows. It's a really good time to play a melee right now because like Junk said : everything is close. And that makes preferences more impactful on a quest to quest basis.   

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #20 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 22nd, 2018 at 2:05pm:
What really surprised us was that swf beat twf on 18/2, pure 20, fighters and rogues. I believe it has to do with the damage modifier, high doublestrike values, and large ravenloft base die. Even if it is slightly behind attack rate compared to twf, swf leverages doublestrikes more effectively because it is not just full damage, but also gets the damage modifier.

Asheras wrote on Jun 22nd, 2018 at 3:03pm:
But the SWF is stronger on DPS because it is more hits from the mainhand and those are going to be much stronger than the offhand hits.    Basically do you want to do 100 hits with 50 at 100 damage and 50 at 50 damage (750 damage) or do you want to do 80 hits all of them at 100 damage (800 damage).

Even on a rogue?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #21 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
It would be nice if the vistani stuff worked in wolf form. The new daggers are alright in term of base damage etc, Maybe my fat ass will download the next iteration of lamma!
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2018 at 4:40pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #22 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Thanks for all this Insight Rub.
I'm really glad to hear that SWF is ahead as i've always played SWF builds after i lost interest on thrower with the release of Reaper. I  knew there was better potential in this weapon style compared to TWF.
TWF just feels terribly slugish to me no matter what, just like the Vistani dagger stance.

Right now i'm having a blast with SWF pure Assassin and i just realized something about Sneak Attack Damage. Not sure if one of the monks tested has been this, but, you can go back in dps power to what Pure monk was before the nerf by playing helf and use rogue dilly and spec a bit into Ninja Spy.

Cheers
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2018 at 9:08pm by Halfmaniac »  

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #23 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 2:18am
Print Post  
Symbiont wrote on Jun 22nd, 2018 at 10:23pm:
The +20 MP from vistani was fixed so it doesn't disappear when you equip something in your offhand. It's best to use an orb with SWF (assuming you're not centered or an arti splash), whether it's just for acquiring another piece for Adherent set, or for spellpower whenever you might need to occasionally throw heals.

Fully fixed? Or does it still disappear if you have a shield equipped?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 4:50am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jun 23rd, 2018 at 2:59pm:
Even on a rogue?

The swf rogue recorded low 20's, and had a sub 20 peak. TWF wasn't tested, and I am comparing times from the last lama build where twf rogue had original prowess buff of 100 mp. The swf times from now are ahead to even versus the twf times from before. That was with an additional 25 melee power than is available right now.

I think swf is ahead of twf for most builds. Exception are tempests because of full off hand power and a very large offhand doublestrike bonus. Handwrap monks are also exceptions, obviously. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint