Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) DPS Tests U39 Lama (Read 30124 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: DPS Tests U39 Lama
Reply #50 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
platfarmchink wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 11:41am:
It's a kobold beater toon. In reality you'd take blood tribute and supreme cleave.

Yes, you can drop some extra rage and AB, and drop exhausting blow ( really only activates twice on most beatdowns, even if you're not proficient with rotations and ordering ), to pick up Supreme and Tribute.

The ap is only slightly off from what would be run on live. Not much of a kobold beater toon, really. Probably the least difference from live to a max focused dps set up of any class.

WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 9:09am:
Toon had PLs?

Nada. All Dojo gear, first life rolled freshly made. Same as every test I ran for the past few lamas. Though I did grab +8 tomes. Arborea, prowess + long shadow.

Funny enough this had no augments or any other buffs ( not a pot, tensers ). Frenzy, death frenzy, storm' eye, kta, raged, primal, haste boost.

Crackling attack -> Cruel cut -> Hate -> Slaughter.

I should have went Cruel ( mp boost ) -> Crackling -> Slaughter -> Hate, in order to fit in Slaughter's 10W twice in a beatdown. But I blame teth for distracting me.
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2018 at 4:30pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 4:21pm:
I should have went Cruel ( mp boost ) -> Crackling -> Slaughter -> Hate, in order to fit in Slaughter's 10W twice in a beatdown

and I did.
23 seconds

twists;
symmetric
hail of blows
tunnel vision
primal

managed to fit this in just now as lama closed.

full rotation was ; Cruel -> Crackling -> Slaughter -> Hate -> Exhausting.
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2018 at 6:18pm by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #52 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
How are 10k bird builds? I feel like having one stat for both damage and rp (and DC's on birds and AA) should be good for something. Is 10k the biggest single source of rp?

I'm going to have to build something even if it sucks (and it will) just to name it Ten Thousand Starlings.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 9:17am
Print Post  
Ranking the dps times for 1st life characters. The order for max lives + top gear may be slightly different.

Barbarian is the king of the melee dps title. It might be possible to do a sub 21 on a first lifer and sub 20 on a second life with sneak of shadow. This would require better gear swap to raise damage and int scores. While taking store and yugo stat potions, prowess potion, tensers, good hope, titan's grip, all 5 abishai cookies, hezrou cookie,  stormrage clicky, madstone rage, and some augments. Possibly even faster if your barb has reaper/mythic gear, and high rolls 19-20s on the test ( slaughter in particular on a 19-20 is some amount of absurd W dice that no other class gets aside what monks have, except barb has a x8 multiplier on calamity).

Tempest is right behind followed closely by rogues, then come the fighters and monks. animal forms come in roughly ahead of fighters slightly.

gibbon wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 9:44pm:
How are 10k bird builds? I feel like having one stat for both damage and rp (and DC's on birds and AA) should be good for something. Is 10k the biggest single source of rp?

10k for bow? or 10k for stars? stars want 100 dex as a goal.
« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2018 at 9:21am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 9:35am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 4:21pm:
But I blame teth for distracting me.

I'm offended, slightly.

IP Logged

Trainwreck
Korthos Resident

Shrines are for pussies

Reply #55 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Really good info - thanks again.

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #56 - Aug 19th, 2018 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 18th, 2018 at 9:17am:
10k for bow? or 10k for stars? stars want 100 dex as a goal.

Ok I'm going to show my ignorance with this one. The basics as I understand it are higher base damage on bows v. double shuriken expertise. Is there a point where ability score damage bonus makes the base damage irrelevant? Or do crits keep base damage relevant?

Falcon Pawnch gave us wis to damage and half again on the divine might version wis.0. That was already around for int through harper but 10k is a straight +(wis score)RP which afaik isn't availble for int. Is there anything else that adds an ability score in MP or RP?

So idk bow or stars for dps. This is the dps thread and my reasoning is outside of dps so probably misplaced. I would say bow because stars needs at least a little more investment in feats and enhancements that I would use to pick up stuff that has wis as a dc stat like AA or bird poop.

I mean, this is why melee monks are pretty good right now, right? Because damage and shintao dc's are one stat? I feel like a monkcher can have that plus wis to ranged power but I'm not dialed in enough to come up with an optimized build.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Aug 20th, 2018 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on Aug 19th, 2018 at 10:59pm:
The basics as I understand it are higher base damage on bows v. double shuriken expertise. Is there a point where ability score damage bonus makes the base damage irrelevant? Or do crits keep base damage relevant?

Bows get to use slayer arrow, which gives them the best burst time of any build. The top bow builds can down 500k in 5-6 seconds. That is 3-4 unbridled + adrenaline ticks/charges on a manyshot volley.

Shuris get multiple stars per animation resulting in the fastest rate of fire. ANT + Shuri Expertise on a 100 dex character is 3 stars base + doubleshot/tripleshot chances on each star. With 200 dshot+100 dex it's around 9 stars every animation when under a 10k stars.

monkchers were built to launch a sustained burst for 80 seconds out the first 90, by going 10k -> manyshot -> 10 seconds of cooldown -> 10k.

The entire rotation puts a strain on the bursts by limiting the chaining thru cooldowns.  Start with the best burst of 10k -> manyshot -> 10 seconds of cooldown -> 10k. Then it's 30 seconds of cooldown until 10k-> 10k -> 30 seconds until manyshot cooldown -> manyshot -> 10 seconds until 10k coolsdown -> 10k -> and done. Until another 30/60 seconds goes by and both 10k and manyshot come off cooldowns for the rotation to be repeated again. The rate goes from 80 of 90 on first burst rotation, to 80 of 190, then 30 seconds of nothing before you can start that over. Total of 160 out of 310 seconds.

I am unsure if anyone has a Falcon AA using wis to damage. The AP would have to be better than not taking DWS and KtA. But does sound promising as the returns on wisdom for a bow are better than any other stat because of the 10k bonus to rp.
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2018 at 3:59pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Aug 20th, 2018 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
This is some good shit.  I know what I'm doing next life.

20 elf pure monk
Elven AA enhancements

I'll experiment with whether tier 5 and core 5 AA is better (slayer arrow and 20% double shot), or tier 5 Falcon/tier5 core (Insta death ability with cd refresh).

Either way it should have the following:

*Massive cc ability with paralyzing arrows using wis based dc.

*Wis to attack and dmg plus additional 50% wis dmg/dcs from trance Deadly Instincts

*10k stars with bow every 30 seconds with 100% dbl shot and about 100 to ranged power.

*Plenty of feat room to still fit in Manyshot

*Tons of helpless dmg clickies from Falcon with high DC plus helpless dmg enhancement

*Good defense with wis to AC and high dodge.  Water stance for 8 dodge cap leaving lowest possible dodge of 35%.  AC should be well over 150.

*Amazing mobility.  Abundant step, monk speed, speed boost clickie!

If you do go with Falcon Tier 5 and max core's you could be looking at a constantly refreshing insta-death ability that works on almost anything as well as a 10% dmg boost and massive heal every 30 seconds.  Even the tier 4 mass blind will be awesome after you've paralyzed every mob then add helpless.  You'll get 30% dmg boost from Falcon, plus 30% from Sense Weakness.
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2018 at 3:51pm by Ulysses »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #59 - Aug 21st, 2018 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Aug 20th, 2018 at 3:27pm:
This is some good shit.  I know what I'm doing next life.

20 elf pure monk
Elven AA enhancements

I'll experiment with whether tier 5 and core 5 AA is better (slayer arrow and 20% double shot), or tier 5 Falcon/tier5 core (Insta death ability with cd refresh).

Either way it should have the following:

*Massive cc ability with paralyzing arrows using wis based dc.

*Wis to attack and dmg plus additional 50% wis dmg/dcs from trance Deadly Instincts

*10k stars with bow every 30 seconds with 100% dbl shot and about 100 to ranged power.

*Plenty of feat room to still fit in Manyshot

*Tons of helpless dmg clickies from Falcon with high DC plus helpless dmg enhancement

*Good defense with wis to AC and high dodge.  Water stance for 8 dodge cap leaving lowest possible dodge of 35%.  AC should be well over 150.

*Amazing mobility.  Abundant step, monk speed, speed boost clickie!

If you do go with Falcon Tier 5 and max core's you could be looking at a constantly refreshing insta-death ability that works on almost anything as well as a 10% dmg boost and massive heal every 30 seconds.  Even the tier 4 mass blind will be awesome after you've paralyzed every mob then add helpless.  You'll get 30% dmg boost from Falcon, plus 30% from Sense Weakness.

While I would love for this to turn out as awesome as you think it will be, I doubt it.  Archer builds are such a standard in RPG games yet their soooo subpar in DDO compared to other ranged classes, melee, etc.  It's a shame.

I think it will be great in random PUG groups filled with scrubs who will really appreciate the CC, but it will be mostly dead weight in good reaper groups for several reasons.  The AA paralyze proc doesn't induce helpless status.  Blind is a clusterfuck in high skull reaper that causes mobs to attack random people instead of your tank and worse, running around causing your DPS to waste time tracking them down.  IPS paralyzing is a poor substitute for AE paralyze/stun/cc as it takes several attack sequences to lock everything down.  In good groups, the mobs will be mostly dead before you finish paralyzing everything.

For a flavor build and/or a PL though, it's probably not bad and might be fun to play just because it's different.

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Aug 21st, 2018 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
You're not wrong about all of your points about a regular paralyzing archer but the hope here is that Falconry cures a lot of those problems. 

For instance, you should be able to freeze all enemies, then assassinate the highest priority target, then helpless 2 individual targets, then helpless a group of targets, then assassinate again.  Blindness isn't a problem if they are paralyzed and held in place the entire time. Paralyze + Blindness is effectively "stunned" for very long periods of time.

A big deal is assassinating any target at range and no sneak attack requirement.  That should be awesome but I'll play test and report back. 

For boss dps if we go with tier 5 Falconry we'll have to make due with just normal adrenalined shots and the 10% dmg boost that effects the entire party.  Actually come to think of it, if you go Tier 5 Falconry you almost certainly should go LD instead of FoTW as the extra dmg from bird strikes scales well with ranged power and not with crit/crit multiplier.
« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2018 at 10:27pm by Ulysses »  

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #61 - Aug 21st, 2018 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 21st, 2018 at 11:21am:
While I would love for this to turn out as awesome as you think it will be, I doubt it.  Archer builds are such a standard in RPG games yet their soooo subpar in DDO compared to other ranged classes, melee, etc.  It's a shame.

I think it will be great in random PUG groups filled with scrubs who will really appreciate the CC, but it will be mostly dead weight in good reaper groups for several reasons.  The AA paralyze proc doesn't induce helpless status.  Blind is a clusterfuck in high skull reaper that causes mobs to attack random people instead of your tank and worse, running around causing your DPS to waste time tracking them down.  IPS paralyzing is a poor substitute for AE paralyze/stun/cc as it takes several attack sequences to lock everything down.  In good groups, the mobs will be mostly dead before you finish paralyzing everything.

For a flavor build and/or a PL though, it's probably not bad and might be fun to play just because it's different.

I double most of your words but
1) archers and especially monkchers easily beat up any ranged build but thrower ones. Burst damage is probably best in game.
2) paralyzing not that bad. On higher skulls real issues are champs. Avarage wizard cc chain is crushing dispair>masshold>Web/disco and mobs save prismatic or flesh to stone or hypnotic or other stuff. If champ fey or save a lot or just roll couple 20th it may be a big problem for your party. Same for dire charges. Its not spammable and champs may save it. And paralyzing not only okay dc but spammable aswell, with good doubleshot you are doing almost 9 attempts to paralyze your target per second.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #62 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 7:10pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Lama comes up on the 18th. We will be testing swash and pally dps.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #64 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 14th, 2018 at 6:56pm:

Don't you mean you'll be confirming the lack of DPS?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 14th, 2018 at 8:44pm:
Don't you mean you'll be confirming the lack of DPS? 

Im gonna spread lies so that mobo posters start crying about bard dps being op and then they get nerfed by steel.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #66 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
rofl

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #67 - Sep 15th, 2018 at 1:29am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 14th, 2018 at 9:18pm:
Im gonna spread lies so that mobo posters start crying about bard dps being op and then they get nerfed by steel.

Sad thing is, that would probably work.

IP Logged

PT
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Sep 15th, 2018 at 1:29am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 14th, 2018 at 6:56pm:

Any chance you will test some paladin 14/6, 15/5 ranger or 14/6 fighter splashes? Would be interesting to see what the difference from a proper enhancement tree is compared to pure...

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Sep 15th, 2018 at 2:08am
Print Post  
PT wrote on Sep 15th, 2018 at 1:29am:
Any chance you will test some paladin 14/6, 15/5 ranger or 14/6 fighter splashes? Would be interesting to see what the difference from a proper enhancement tree is compared to pure...

yes, i planned on covering pally and swash splits, as those are the only melees we havent tested. last time i tested pally and swash was around u31, and the dps has tripled since then on the classes we did test.

IP Logged

StratleThot
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 10:03am
Print Post  
As of early U38, I was getting 10-11k on pally 15/5 split in Raider/Mist sets with no SA using Calamitys and scimmys.
Moving to Avenger set was a little better DPS, but by then, why run pally at all? (thus the move to full blown tempest after a decade of pally)

Pure pally thf in Raider was not much better (falchion/Sanctity).

I would be interested to know your numbers and if you could get viable SA in there.

Thanks in advance!

Below gear up may help...or hurt?
(I used LoH(15) for self/party heals.  virtually no Pos SP at all, thus no cocoon; cure moderate only)
(Tier4 Bond substituted Ring of Prowess)
(Probably should not have given up executioner helm, but I was looking for DS to compensate)

Aasimir, 15/5 Pal/Rng Iron Thot
Armour Coat of the Traveler
Gogs      Symphonic Lenses
Helm      Sojourner's Cowl (Q4CON / IDS+9)
Neck      Ward-inscribed pendant
Trink      Bloodrage Chism
Cloak      Mantle of Fury
Belt      Slavers (Q4DEX, shelter, seeker, tendon slice)
Ring      Slavers (17WIS, Q4CHA, accuracy, heal)
Glove      Crumbling Gloves
Boots      Softsole Slippers
Ring      Ring of Power (Q4STR/alacrity)
Bracer Fallen Hero
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2018 at 10:50am by StratleThot »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 11:17am
Print Post  
StratleThot wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 10:03am:
As of early U38, I was getting 10-11k on pally 15/5 split in Raider/Mist sets with no SA using Calamitys and scimmys.
Moving to Avenger set was a little better DPS, but by then, why run pally at all? (thus the move to full blown tempest after a decade of pally)

Pure pally thf in Raider was not much better (falchion/Sanctity).

I would be interested to know your numbers and if you could get viable SA in there.

Thanks in advance!

Below gearing may help...or hurt?
(I used LoH(13) for self/party heals.  virtually no Pos SP at all, thus no cocoon)
(Tier4 Bond substituted Ring of Prowess)
(Probably should not have given up executioner helm, but I was looking for DS to compensate)

Aasimir, 15/5 Pal/Rng Iron Thot
Armour Coat of the Traveler
Gogs      Symphonic Lenses
Helm      Sojourner's Cowl (Q4CON / IDS+9)
Neck      Ward-inscribed pendant
Trink      Bloodrage Chism
Cloak      Mantle of Fury
Belt      Slavers (Q4DEX, shelter, seeker, tendon slice)
Ring      Slavers (17WIS, Q4CHA, accuracy, heal)
Glove      Crumbling Gloves
Boots      Softsole Slippers
Ring      Ring of Power (Q4STR/alacrity)
Bracer Fallen Hero

That is interesting, thanks. 10-11k is what a full dps set up did on a quaterstaff pure 20 rogue build on u38 lama. This leads me think that by going full dps, a 15/5 paladin would be around 12k~ using calamity x2.

I go for full dps set ups to gauge the full maximum output for all classes. This reduces variance between player build preference and personal gearing decisions. Actual in game builds are around 5-10 seconds different due to gearing and ap concessions for survival.

The gear layouts are all adherent + silent, improved deception, full dps ap and feats expenditure, maxed blitz, and only tenser as a non-class/twists buff. Most of the tests are done using the arborea feat on first life characters. 

I will run a 15/5 tempest and a pure to see the gap between the two. If I have time i will try a 15/5 kensei, but I have at least 2 swash splits and 4~ versions of them to test as well. That should complete the dps testing for all the major melee builds, not looking at any EK, warpriest, etc splits.

So far the ranking for each class tested by me are as follows :

1st place : BARB 2wf, calamity, FB tier 5 + cap/KTA. 20k~ dps.

2nd place : TEMPEST, calamity, strength based. 19k~ dps.

3rd place :  ASSASSIN, pain x2, Dex based. 17k~ dps.

4th place : MONK, dex based, 14k~ dps.

5th place : FIGHTER, pure 20 twf str based calamity. 13k~ dps.

6th place : Acrobat, 20 rogue dex based, gulthas staff, 11k~ dps.

I tested an animal split and that came in at slightly ahead of the fighter. I also tested a swf calamity kensei using buckler + bard 3 lv split, it did about 12.8k~ dps. Which makes me think swash splits should come in at around 11-12k~ dps.

IP Logged

PT
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
14/6 kensei with  keen Edge and c3 gives +3 doublestrike over Holy sword. Might edge out 15/5 by a few ms..  Smiley

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
PT wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 12:12pm:
14/6 kensei with  keen Edge and c3 gives +3 doublestrike over Holy sword. Might edge out 15/5 by a few ms..  Smiley

You're right. Taking Zeal over Holy Sword and letting kensei give the + 1/1 crit profile. It also has a slight edge on enhancement bonus on the weapon and a feat. Though for in game I would probably use Holy Sword for random weapon swaps vs skeletons or a raksasha. Minor benefit, but the 14/6 should come out ahead on raw dps.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #74 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 11:17am:
I also tested a swf calamity kensei using buckler + bard 3 lv split, it did about 12.8k~ dps.

Why 3 bard on a khopesh build?  Is that just for skirmisher to get SWF with a buckler?  Seems costly to splash 3 levels just for that.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint