Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) DPS Tests U39 Lama (Read 30096 times)
WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Re: DPS Tests U39 Lama
Reply #75 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
guardbreaking is pretty gnarly

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 2:48pm:
Why 3 bard on a khopesh build?  Is that just for skirmisher to get SWF with a buckler?  Seems costly to splash 3 levels just for that.

Yes, just wanted to see how well shield bashes + calamity stacked up. It let the build equip silent avenger set while having defender stances 25% hp if desired. Otherwise the 25% is not really possible on a calamity + silent build, aside warforged/bladeforged that can get adam body for the 25% and still get silent set.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #77 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
FLOW SET UPS :

swash, 12 barb 7 bard 1 fvs

Flow + cain

twists :
reign
primal
hail of blows
shield mastery

tier 5 Berserker.

str based. 105 str w divine ( 58 cha ) + tenser and raged.

281 mp bursting under barb rotations, blitzed, and prowess ( haste ).
113 mp base
73 doublestrike

silent + adherent
non-twitch times.

good news ; Crits 5k to 6k, 7k ( if slaughter crits on a 20 ).

bad news : 42 to 38 seconds.
12k~ DPS

ap ; https://imgur.com/a/zeG26zi

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
ravager tier 5
109 str
73 doublestrike
93 base mp

54-52 seconds
9k dps
ap : https://imgur.com/a/7MYzCd3

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

slayer t5
100 str
88 base mp
73 doublestrike
60-62 seconds
8k~ dps
ap :https://imgur.com/a/9a1q16D

---------------------------------------------------------------------

DAGGER SET UPS :

12barb 6bard 2fvs

Pain + Cain

tier 5 ravager.

103 str
83 doublestrike
128 base mp

ap ; https://imgur.com/a/z0iCYh3

38 to 42 seconds.
12k~ dps.
//////////////////////////////////////////////

12/6/2
VKF tier 5
148 mp base
105 str
36 to 38 seconds
13k~ dps.
ap; https://imgur.com/a/sKF0A3T

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

slayer tier 5
100 str
83 doublestrike
128 base mp

ap ; https://imgur.com/a/lKIcNnk

42-44 seconds
11k~ dps
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

berserker t5
133 base mp
83 doublestrike
107 str

42-44 seconds
11k~ dps.

ap ; https://imgur.com/a/9B2AO1s

« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2018 at 12:35am by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #78 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 12:52am
Print Post  
The above post covers every variant of Flow + Cane, or Pain + Cane, on a barbarian swash.

The fastest time for Flow set ups was, by far and away, tier 5 Berserker. The other tier 5 abilities are not even worth exploring on Flow.

For Pain + Cain set ups, VKF tier 5 blows every other configuration out of the water. Even placing above Flow + Berserker times. VKF and Pain is so good for swash , that other tier 5s like ravager, slayer and berserker all come close to each other, and all above any variant of Flow, aside the top end times for Berserker + Flow.

These were all non-twitch times, and without using consecrated ground for 10%. Combining twitching and consecrated would probably net 20% faster times on all the above variants.

There could be other set ups using Light Hammer from RL, or the New Hand Axe from u40, or even a light mace as a scourge. But all those would need vulnerability to match or surpass, and that would require a 2 fvs splash + around 12 seconds to stack vulnerability fully. I'm guessing these versions, without a vulnerable weapon, would be behind unless someone stacked 20 vulnerable stacks on the target.

TL:DR If you're going to swash, VKF tier 5 and Pain + Cane, or Flow and Cane + Berserker tier 5 would be the best builds. Berserker and Flow allows for Cane and Blood Tribute, and I would probably go with that if I were to swash. Around 3k hp on with blood feast filigree, tribute, and epic defense, combined with guardbreaking. 

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #79 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 6:04am
Print Post  
Pally tempest did much better than I estimated. Guess tempest tree carries hard as fuck. I will try a pure 20, and probably a 14/6 kensei as well. Though I still have not tested kensei swashbucklers, or the 10/6/4 fusilade build. I should also redo barb after the crazy strike stacks nerf. Should be able to complete all of these tests by the end of the next lama.

Paladin tests :

15/5tempest
calamity x2
94 str under divine + tenser + primal
55 cha
66 doublestrike
104 base mp

twists :
symmetric
primal
hail of blows
tunnel vision

29 to 32 seconds
16k~ dps.

ap : https://imgur.com/a/sTkuvHv

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

14/6 kensei pally

130 base mp
62 base doublestrike ( 72 zeal )
103 strength under tenser + primal + divine might
54 charisma

31-33 seconds
15k~ dps.

ap : https://imgur.com/a/xhO8U4E

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The pally versions seem to be close, while kensei should pull ahead post-1k cuts on larger hp targets. I will not be doing a pure pally. The pure paladin has even less room to maneuver its ap into dps sinks, as the only options are VKF, Harper, and racial. It is going to be significantly behind in MP vs kensei splashes, and lower doublestrike, mp, offhand attack rate, and offhand half damage vs tempest splash. I would guess probably around 50~ seconds fully kobold specc'd for pure pally.
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2018 at 12:28am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #80 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 6:12am
Print Post  
Quote:
I should also redo barb after the crazy strike stacks nerf.

RIP sweet child, we barely even knew thee

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #81 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 8:18am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 6:04am:
I should also redo barb after the crazy strike stacks nerf.

I've not been able to get in game much the last week or so due to rl demands.  Sorry if I missed something.  What's this about?

IP Logged

StratleThot
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #82 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 9:26am
Print Post  
Pally tempest did much better than I estimated. Guess tempest tree carries hard as fuck. I will try a pure 20, and probably a 14/6 kensei as well. Though I still have not tested kensei swashbucklers, or the 10/6/4 fusilade build. I should also redo barb after the crazy strike stacks nerf. Should be able to complete all of these tests by the end of the next lama.

Paladin tests :

15/5tempest
calamity x2
94 str under divine + tenser + primal
55 cha
66 doublestrike
104 base mp

twists :
symmetric
primal
hail of blows
tunnel vision

29 to 32 seconds
16k~ dps.

As I was reading your stats and DPS numbers, I could not believe my eyes; as my Gland live base stat numbers were 15-20% higher and was pulling only 11k deeps.  Then I noted your trees, no points in SD or race.  I am assuming you were in Ave/Mist set.  Is this AP spread viable on live...or do I need to learn to DDO? or was this strictly dps testing?

Yes, Tempest carries the entire build, KotC amps STR, SD provides the defense and race tree is gravy.  I suppose 40+ points in tempest will carry any build...15Arti/5Rgr anyone? Grin

Nice numbers, thanks for the tests!
BTW were you getting significant SA in there since you went into DWS?
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2018 at 9:29am by StratleThot »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #83 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
StratleThot wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 9:26am:
As I was reading your stats and DPS numbers, I could not believe my eyes; as my Gland live base stat numbers were 15-20% higher and was pulling only 11k deeps.  Then I noted your trees, no points in SD or race.  I am assuming you were in Ave/Mist set.  Is this AP spread viable on live...or do I need to learn to DDO? or was this strictly dps testing?

Yes, Tempest carries the entire build, KotC amps STR, SD provides the defense and race tree is gravy.  I suppose 40+ points in tempest will carry any build...15Arti/5Rgr anyone? Grin

Nice numbers, thanks for the tests!
BTW were you getting significant SA in there since you went into DWS?

Rubbinns wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 11:17am:
I go for full dps set ups to gauge the full maximum output for all classes. This reduces variance between player build preference and personal gearing decisions. Actual in game builds are around 5-10 seconds different due to gearing and ap concessions for survival.

The gear layouts are all adherent + silent, improved deception, full dps ap and feats expenditure, maxed blitz, and only tenser as a non-class/twists buff. Most of the tests are done using the arborea feat on first life characters. 

There is just no way to account for every single permutation of each individual build choice, gearing choice, feat selection, and past lives in this game. The tests are like the speedometer on your car. If every build is optimized for the most extreme dps set up then it becomes easy to tell what will rise to the top once concessions for survival are made. If I were to try and test every single build, with every single piece of gear, it would take a near infinite number of variations and tests just for one class. All the tests are set up the same way so that it is fair to every build.

BTW 15 pally/5 tempest beats the piss out of 15 arty/5 ranger  Grin   

Asheras wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 8:18am:
I've not been able to get in game much the last week or so due to rl demands.  Sorry if I missed something.  What's this about?

Crazy strikes would build stacks per hit, and if timed correctly ( staying on top of the rotation ), the stacks would carry over. So, for a twf barb that is 1-4 stacks per activation, multiplying every 12 seconds. It no longer stacks at all.
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2018 at 12:19pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #84 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 12:13pm:
There is just no way to account for every single permutation of each individual build choice, gearing choice, feat selection, and past lives in this game.

True.

If every build is optimized for the most extreme dps set up then it becomes easy to tell what will rise to the top once concessions for survival are made.

Not true. 

Some combinations can add a lot of defense for minimal cost while other builds have to sacrifice a lot of DPS to add comparable amounts of defense.

I've lost count of the number of players on GLand running full DPS builds and end up spending half the mission time in high skull runs not DPSing because they're waiting on heals or dead.  Then you look at the toons that are a half step down on the max DPS food chain but they have high defenses and they're doing far more overall damage in the mission because they don't have to back off and wait on heals or resses.

In game, high defenses help maximize the amount of time the toon can actually spend doing damage without healing, running, dying, etc.  Thus, good DPS builds that can cheaply add a lot of defense will generally do better than max DPS toons with costly or even minimal defenses.

If I were to try and test every single build, with every single piece of gear, it would take a near infinite number of variations and tests just for one class.
/snip
BTW 15 pally/5 tempest beats the piss out of 15 arty/5 ranger  Grin   

True and true.

Although what I would suggest is that you actually configure the builds the way you would if you were going to run them in-game on mid to high skulls.  This would give a better representation of the true state of the balance between various builds.

Maybe set some minimum defensive criteria that you build for, then pile on as much DPS as you can with whatever is left over.  Something like 2k HPs, 250 PRR, 100 MRR (50 for pajama builds), 25% dodge for example.
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2018 at 4:35pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #85 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I've lost count of the number of players on GLand running full DPS builds and end up spending half the mission time in high skull runs not DPSing because they're waiting on heals or dead.  Then you look at the toons that are a half step down on the max DPS food chain but they have high defenses and they're doing far more overall damage in the mission because they don't have to back off and wait on heals or resses.

I don't know a duder who does more DPS than Bigunk (or Annointed) on our server, and they can face tank the mound in R10 Toxic Treatment.

Quote:
Some combinations can add a lot of defense for minimal cost while other builds have to sacrifice a lot of DPS to add comparable amounts of defense.

I agree. However, you're wrong to criticize Rubbins' method. His method is consistent with itself which is very helpful in comparing classes. The amount (or type) of defense you want can change depending on the situation. E.x., On Baba when you get agro, a piece of spell absorb is literally all you need in terms of defense---every slot should be dps. E.x., Toxic Treatment mound fight needs HP and PRR in excess of 2.5k/220 or something.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #86 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 4:19pm:
Although what I would suggest is that you actually configure the builds the way you would if you were going to run them in-game on mid to high skulls.  This would give a better representation of the true state of the balance between various builds.

That would be too subjective to gauge the full potential of the dps a build is capable of. Do you spend 6 in stalwart, 11, 21? Where is the cutoff then, and what is it for what build? And damage stat selection is another variable. Usually only rogues never go str based, but every other melee has the choice to.

Adherent and being blitzed, most of the builds tested are sitting at 150+ prr anyhow. While dodge items are rare and end up crafted generally. I am not going to sit there and craft a dodge trinket, or get the dodge goggles from RSO on divine might builds, then go and craft a slavers con necklace for each build.

Also, this isn't fair to heavy armor builds, at all. They do not get to use Silent set and generally omit improved deception entirely ( or at least they used to since the trinket does not work on live still, but it did work on this build of lam, so it should be fixed for u40 - only 10~ months since release  Cheesy ).

That would only skew dps comparisons towards rogues and tempests too much, anyway. And then to account for vulnerability stacking. The amount of time to do that for every build is just too great. This is the fairest way I can think of to measure the full dps potential of every build. They're all given a blank canvass and told to yolo.

If anyone has an exact build with every ap, feat, and item detailed, I could test that, but that again comes down to personal preferences. And there is not a single way to account for past lives once exact and specific individual builds are being tested for in DDO. 

« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2018 at 8:17pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #87 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 5:44pm:
I don't know a duder who does more DPS than Bigunk (or Annointed) on our server, and they can face tank the mound in R10 Toxic Treatment.

I agree. However, you're wrong to criticize Rubbins' method. His method is consistent with itself which is very helpful in comparing classes. The amount (or type) of defense you want can change depending on the situation. E.x., On Baba when you get agro, a piece of spell absorb is literally all you need in terms of defense---every slot should be dps. E.x., Toxic Treatment mound fight needs HP and PRR in excess of 2.5k/220 or something.

There are multiple players who can tank the mound on 10.  Hell, any decent reaper build can tank it long enough to make it dead in a proper R10 group by chaining defensive clickies, which is sort of my point about defenses being really important enabling good DPS.

I'm talking about performance of builds over the course of entire raids and missions though, not just 30s or 60s of spamming clickies.  I'm talking about on average, across a wide variety of missions, not this one specific mission or that one specific raid.  I'm far more interested in which builds can bring the pain without their sphincter clinching up every time they see more than 2 mobs at once.

I'm not denying that Rubbin's methods are consistent.  I'm also not criticizing them.  I'm just saying that they only show one specific aspect of a much bigger picture. 

They're great for determining maximum DPS potential in a vacuum, but they sure as shit don't show us which builds are highest DPS builds mission after mission in R7+ and anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

I mean, you're not really trying to tell me that this is how you'd configure a tempestadin for R10 are you?

Because that's how Rubbins is testing.  He's showing us which glass cannon makes the biggest boom.  Then the question becomes, how much do each of those glass cannons have to give up to avoid being a res scroll sponge in high skull reapers?  Some of them will have to give up a lot more DPS than others to add in proper defenses.

Strat's comment is a prime example of what I'm getting at.
StratleThot wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 9:26am:
As I was reading your stats and DPS numbers, I could not believe my eyes; as my Gland live base stat numbers were 15-20% higher and was pulling only 11k deeps.  Then I noted your trees, no points in SD or race.

Strat's in-game DPS doesn't really match the test result because he gave up some of it for defenses.  Maybe other builds that do similar damage may not have to give up that much DPS to get comparable defenses?

You even touched on this by acknowledging that there are some recommended minimum defensive stats, 2.5k+ HPs and 220+ PRR.  Which builds can hit those defensive numbers while still cranking out 17k+ DPS? Those are the builds I want to run.

I'm not particularly interested in some macro-miracle 25k DPS kobold wonder-build that has 1.2k hps, 100 PRR, 10 MRR and 10 dodge.  That'd be great for facerolling EH and EE but it would be mostly worthless in high skull stuff because it would die every time a mob farted in it's general direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #88 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 9:46pm:
You even touched on this by acknowledging that there are some recommended minimum defensive stats, 2.5k+ HPs and 220+ PRR.  Which builds can hit those defensive numbers while still cranking out 17k+ DPS? Those are the builds I want to run.

wont be a first life rogue. could be first life barb, maybe tempests.  also this will never account for reaper ap.

when you have 60+ reaper ap and every life, then monk, tempest, rogue, barb, fighter all fit that criteria.

to me, this just glaringly illustrates what is a major negative aspect to this game. take WoW for example, the difference in average geared to uber geared is 75%~ of the dps and defenses across most builds in comparison to each other. In ddo, it is night and day.you may as well not even test then.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #89 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 8:12pm:
That would be too subjective to gauge the full potential of the dps a build is capable of. Do you spend 6 in stalwart, 11, 21? Where is the cutoff then, and what is it for what build? And damage stat selection is another variable. Usually only rogues never go str based, but every other melee has the choice to.

That's the point.  You min/max the defenses to hit the minimum specified defense specs using the least amount of points/resources possible, then you min/max the DPS with whatever is left over. 

In general, we can at least acknowledge that any melee DPS build that's planning on running R7+ at cap should be aiming for at least 2k HPs, 200+ PRR, and 20%+ dodge. 

Most good reaper melee DPS builds should be able to hit those stats one way or another.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #90 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 12:21am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 10:34pm:
2k HPs, 200+ PRR, and 20%+ dodge. 

Most good reaper melee DPS builds should be able to hit those stats one way or another.

That will not happen on first life characters. Barbs can get to 3k~ hp with the new feat + blood tribute, can come close to the prr, and dodge is easy to attain on a trinket ( for most builds anyway, going to be far cry in heavy armor for pally or kensei unless using scale of avarice and a few ways to boost MDB). But the 17k dps is not going to happen, not self sustained. Maybe if you run potions and get a consecrated ground under you.

As for rogue, tempest and kensei they probably will not cover those metrics listed while doing 17k dps. So, one build in the entire game can do so, unless you have past lives, racial ap, and reaper ap. At which point rogues, monks, tempests, kensei, and barbs can all do so anyway. Symb has demonstrated this on his dps tests, where the builds could easily drop 10-5k dps and still hit 17k, while having 200+ prr and 2k hp.

To do what youre suggesting would require more than just what gear and self buffs can do for a first life - low life character. Well beyond their means.
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2018 at 12:29am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #91 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 1:23am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 12:21am:
To do what youre suggesting would require more than just what gear and self buffs can do for a first life - low life character. Well beyond their means.

I'm aware that first-life toons won't be doing 17k dps with those defensive stats.  That's the point I'm trying to make about the tests results only showing part of the picture when you dump all defenses. 

The short version of the point is that the DPS rankings would probably change if you didn't dump defenses because some classes and builds can add defenses in relatively cheaply while others would have to give up a lot to get the same level of defense.
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2018 at 1:44am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #92 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 2:12am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 1:23am:
The short version of the point is that the DPS rankings would probably change if you didn't dump defenses because some classes and builds can add defenses in relatively cheaply while others would have to give up a lot to get the same level of defense.

They would slightly alter. It would reflect symb's testing more than mine. His tests are all 25- 33k dps fully specc'd. Getting to 17k there would be easily done on any of the major builds. The heavy armor builds would drop the most dps, namely kensei in this case, as rogue, barb, monk, and tempest will all get to use silent set.

BigJunk's tempest does 20k steadily as an in game build on live, with those exact parameters of 2k+ hp and 200+ prr. So does symb's monk, and  so does his tempest on live ( 20k~ dps dex based using flow ). Even a pure kensei swf in heavy armor, or a barb in medium could get that 17k goal when it has all that character power to fall back on. 

For me to get those prr and hp values it costs huge ap and gearing concessions. I will get around to testing what first life characters geared for 200prr and 2k hp can do, but we want to get the max set ups out of the way first. Then we can lower and fine tune individually from there more effectively.

I planned on rolling a tempest and for me to hit 2k hp, I will need the epic feat + 2pc lgs + 21 reaper ap into defense tree. A primal and tensers would net around 300~ more hp. After which I can adjust the ap and feats.

If you're running ee and r1, then those glass canons can largely be ported right into the game for majority of content. Some mobs will still wreck you, like hox or spine reavers, shroud bosses, rso skeletons, strahd, baba shamblers, and a squirrel in tower of frost ( there's no squirrels there ).

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #93 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 6:39am
Print Post  
Wrapping up swashbuckler week on lam for talk like a pirate day. Kensei was the next and final split.

It blew me away how ridiculous kensei swash can be using daggers and the op af VKF tree.

Combining the damage increase of both the lensei and vkf trees puts it ahead of the barb variants. Multiple reasons for why the daggers perform so well, but largest factors are the MP from vkf, rapid slash, and due to Pain having fetters, improved deception, and sovereign vorpal ( which is kind of good with PSWF ). PSWF also pushes deadly strike further.

I went and swapped out the shield feats for even more melee power feats from 12 levels of kensei, and swapped to open hand fighting for 10 doublestrike and +5 damage. YOLO.

These versions are most likely the highest dps focused swash versions possible, and with the times to show for it. Tier 5 VKF is almost identical to tier 5 kensei using Pain.

Kensei swash variants.

Dagger set ups :

kensei swash 12 6 2
Pian + open hand ( 10 dstrike +5dmg )
t5 vkf
79 base doublestrike
168 base mp
60 cha
113 str primal + tenser + divine might + power surge + action surge

twists ;
reign
hail of blows
primal
tunnel vision

30-32 seconds
16k~ dps

ap : https://imgur.com/a/sGjfjpy

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

kensei t5
80 base doublestrike
168 base mp
59 cha
113 str power surge + DM + Tenser + primal + action surge

29-32
16k~ dps

ap : https://imgur.com/a/K0Dx3bN

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Some thoughts and ideas. The dagger versions are going to beat any other weapon a swash can wield as of right now, largely because the vkf tree is sick and Pain is just insane. The Kensei tier 5 variants can rng into higher end times due to deadly strike and good death, and should also be better against helpless targets due to those 2 abilities.

If they were to buff swash at this point then they should probably focus on reining in splashes by alloting the melee power into the level 18 and 20th cores. The devs can probably push it and do something wild like placing 10 mp into the 18th, and 20 into the 20th.

This would allow for pure variants to compete with the VKF tree and kensei/barb splashes, while using something other than Pain. Weapons like Flow, Savior or light maces on a scourge race. And enabling warchanter as the auxiliary tree instead of what is occurring now where Kensei/VKF/Barb trees are the main tree and swash is relegated to the distant 3rd wheel. Pushing the swash tree itself back into prominence while enabling cc from warchanter.

The barb versions covered the other day could also increase the dps slightly by going open handed. But kensei just synergizes too well for barb to outpace everything. Possibly a barb scourge version using the ravenloft light maces, with racial ap, and tier 2 fvs for 14 vulnerability stacks in the first 6 seconds, could be on par by giving the mace an additional 2 crit multiplier, and expanding the range with pulverizer.

This concludes the swash tests, and most of the melee builds. I suppose we can now move on to the infinite animal variations next.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #94 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 8:06am
Print Post  
So a frenzy swash with handaxe for 15-20x5 is not worth exploring because Vulnerability is just too good?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #95 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 8:27am
Print Post  
Crazy strikes would build stacks per hit, and if timed correctly ( staying on top of the rotation ), the stacks would carry over. So, for a twf barb that is 1-4 stacks per activation, multiplying every 12 seconds. It no longer stacks at all. 

Ah. Gotcha.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #96 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 8:06am:
So a frenzy swash with handaxe for 15-20x5 is not worth exploring because Vulnerability is just too good?

If you're a dedicated soloist. Otherwise, only 0-1 party members need to be stacking Vuln.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #97 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 8:06am:

Kensei, Pain, PSWF, and VKF synergy is just too good, static +31~ to dmg, much higher and largely static melee power that doesn't rely on rotations to boost it temporarily, and nearly 100% uptime doublestrike will outpace any weapon that could possibly be wielded by a swashbuckler.

You could somewhat negate the fetters of Pain by taking 2 fvs levels and using smite weakness. But it is slower than fetters. Smite is on a 6 second cooldown and stacks 7 vulnerability stacks per activation. Fetters is anywhere from a 25 to 50% proc chance and gives 3 to 7 stacks per proc. There is just no real way to surpass that amount of vulnerability stacking and getting some lucky RNG can stack it fully in the first few hits of an encounter. PSWF on Sov Vorpal is around 30 damage per hit, and deadly strike scales with (333+) melee power if it vorpals on a 19-20 for over 2k a proc. This all combines to essentially surpass Strom's Eye, which is something swashbucklers could never select.   
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2018 at 2:54pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #98 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
It's important to have some way of getting vuln imo. E.x., Torn is better than the Falchion if you're solo.

I also notice a lot of PUGs neglect vuln. So... you need some way

It's also an excellent multiplier on trash---since only 1 dps is usually hitting a trash mob.
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2018 at 5:43pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

PT
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #99 - Sep 22nd, 2018 at 4:15am
Print Post  
The pally versions seem to be close, while kensei should pull ahead post-1k cuts on larger hp targets. I will not be doing a pure pally. The pure paladin has even less room to maneuver its ap into dps sinks, as the only options are VKF, Harper, and racial. It is going to be significantly behind in MP vs kensei splashes, and lower doublestrike, mp, offhand attack rate, and offhand half damage vs tempest splash. I would guess probably around 50~ seconds fully kobold specc'd for pure pally. 

Ah, too bad. Had hoped for a pure "baseline" test, but thanks for the estimation and the mc tests. ~30 seconds isn't too bad when you're running a gimp class as base?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint