Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Web DCs for Reaper 7 (Read 1644 times)
ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Web DCs for Reaper 7
Jun 26th, 2018 at 9:37am
Print Post  
Was wondering what I should be shooting for effective Web as CC. I'm a 30 'Lock & was running the Ravenloft Chain @ R7 and have a save listed on it of 64. Virtually everything plowed right though my Webs. Basically ignored them no matter how many I laid down in an area..Got a CHA of 82, INT of 79, lots of Spell Pen and Conjuration DC Boosts. Sure my Evards and blasts fuck everything up, and twisting in Shiradi 'Stay Frosty' is hitting everything with hamstring/slow effect.. but Web is a non-factor to pretty much everything. Sad

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Re: Web DCs for Reaper 7
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Mine's like 100 and it works well.  But I generally don't use web in higher Rs since it doesn't last long.
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2018 at 9:49am by Bigjunk »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #2 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Web is a reflex save, so it's going to vary based on the quest specific mobs.   I'd say a 100 is probably going to work well in any content, even high reflex mobs.   If you are using web against low/average reflex mobs something in the 80's will probably suffice.

If you can't get your saves up super high, then you need to use the right spells for the right mobs.  Web for weak reflex mobs.  Hold for weak will save mobs (or Halt Undead).  Or Otto's if you are Fey pact.

Still, your web DC seems off for a level 30 lock.

At a Cha of 82, you are getting a +36 from casting stat.   

10 Base
9 Spell level (with heighten)
1 Wiz PL
2 Embolden
36 Charisma mod
1 Ship Buff
3 Exalted Angel
7 Enhancement Bonus (nightmother's sceptre)
4 Insightful Bonus    (Nightmother's Sceptre)
2 Exceptional (Augment)
=75

That's a lot better an only requires 1 gear item and an augment.  I'm assuming no cleric PL's (+3 more there) and that you are T5 in Soul Eater, not Tainted Scholar (+1 there).  Also assuming you are not primarily conjuration specced.  Probably evocation or necromancy (or possibly enchantment). 

You need a Slave Lords Sorcery set for +4 to all DC's and +2 to cha (another +1)

That gets you to 80.   Your cha is a little light.  I think you should be able to get to 90 or higher with a little effort.  That will bring in 4-6 more. Easily.   

20      base
7      levels
7      tome
2      racial
8      class
2      R-PL
1      reaper core
20      enhancement
9      insightful
1      exceptional
4      quality
2      artifact
2      airship
2      profane
3      Filigrees

Here's a decent breakdown that does not include Completionist or Racial Completionist, but does include 4 racial PL (2 dragon born and 2 helf).  There is more you can do to get it to 100.  A lot of it depends on how you handle your twists and feats and such.  A few gearing options.  Theoretical sustained max is around 110 or so.  But that's sacrificing more effective uses for feats and AP and ED choices.   Theoretical situational max (using store pots, yugo pots, deneith pots, and other temp buffs) can be as high as 120 or so. 

« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2018 at 10:50am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 26th, 2018 at 10:47am:
Web is a reflex save, so it's going to vary based on the quest specific mobs.   I'd say a 100 is probably going to work well in any content, even high reflex mobs.   If you are using web against low/average reflex mobs something in the 80's will probably suffice.

If you can't get your saves up super high, then you need to use the right spells for the right mobs.  Web for weak reflex mobs.  Hold for weak will save mobs (or Halt Undead).  Or Otto's if you are Fey pact.

Still, your web DC seems off for a level 30 lock.

At a Cha of 82, you are getting a +36 from casting stat.   

10 Base
9 Spell level (with heighten)
1 Wiz PL
2 Embolden
36 Charisma mod
1 Ship Buff
3 Exalted Angel
7 Enhancement Bonus (nightmother's sceptre)
4 Insightful Bonus    (Nightmother's Sceptre)
2 Exceptional (Augment)
=75

That's a lot better an only requires 1 gear item and an augment.  I'm assuming no cleric PL's (+3 more there) and that you are T5 in Soul Eater, not Tainted Scholar (+1 there).  Also assuming you are not primarily conjuration specced.  Probably evocation or necromancy (or possibly enchantment). 

You need a Slave Lords Sorcery set for +4 to all DC's and +2 to cha (another +1)

That gets you to 80.   Your cha is a little light.  I think you should be able to get to 90 or higher with a little effort.  That will bring in 4-6 more. Easily.   

20      base
7      levels
7      tome
2      racial
8      class
2      R-PL
1      reaper core
20      enhancement
9      insightful
1      exceptional
4      quality
2      artifact
2      airship
2      profane
3      Filigrees

Here's a decent breakdown that does not include Completionist or Racial Completionist, but does include 4 racial PL (2 dragon born and 2 helf).  There is more you can do to get it to 100.  A lot of it depends on how you handle your twists and feats and such.  A few gearing options.  Theoretical sustained max is around 110 or so.  But that's sacrificing more effective uses for feats and AP and ED choices.   Theoretical situational max (using store pots, yugo pots, deneith pots, and other temp buffs) can be as high as 120 or so. 

Thank ya sir... most informative  Smiley

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 6:05am
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Jun 26th, 2018 at 9:37am:
I'm a 30 [...] Got a CHA of 82

Here's your problem.

, INT of 79, lots of Spell Pen

When you list things which are irrelevant, it make me wonder if you even understand your character and the spells it casts.  Int on a warlock contributes to your spell power, and web doesn't care if you have a 1 or a 800.  Web doesn't have a spell pen check.

twisting in Shiradi 'Stay Frosty' is hitting everything with hamstring/slow effect.. but Web is a non-factor to pretty much everything. Sad

Twist in a t1 CHA and use a LGS salt weapon offhand for the same end result but a higher spell DC.  That's just 1 point, but since you're at 82 you have a lot more CHA you can find.

Also, Legendary Summoner's Spectacles, as I've pointed you at previously.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #5 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 9:31am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jun 28th, 2018 at 6:05am:
Also, Legendary Summoner's Spectacles, as I've pointed you at previously.

I don't think those goggles are particularly good value for a slot on a warlock if you are going to be using a nightmother's scpetre and a legendary spinnert.  It only offers an extra +1 to the conjuration DC and the Quality Diversion.  Kinda meh, imo.  But to each his own.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 28th, 2018 at 9:31am:
I don't think those goggles are particularly good value for a slot on a warlock if you are going to be using a nightmother's scpetre and a legendary spinnert.  It only offers an extra +1 to the conjuration DC and the Quality Diversion.  Kinda meh, imo.  But to each his own.

They can be superseded pretty easily, true enough.  But what else is zoodoo going to wear, and he is all concerned about his web dc.  He obviously doesn't have an optimized gear set, his cha value shows that.  LGS seems like the only compelling goggle slot for a lock.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint