Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ravenloft - Strahds Raid (Read 1478 times)
ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Ravenloft - Strahds Raid
Jun 27th, 2018 at 7:34am
Print Post  
No idea wtf.....

Did one last Friday.. on R3 I think. Nothing dropped, but it wasn't a mess. Only a couple deaths and things seemed to go smoothly.

Pugged one last night (Tuesday)... on Hard....

just....

fucking....

hard....

It was a godamn slaughter. 'Grip' was popping up like an incurable case of Clap @ a Marine Review...

Poison over time almost constant, as soon as it hit would get frozen, and be dead by 3 count.

Shadows of Hate running around almost MANIC looking for something to kill. It was like everything got turned up to a '12'. With almost 4k hp, 150ac, 240prr, and 165mrr. I was getting killed in 2 shots.

And lag... able to move, but not switch weapons, ready scrolls to raise people, cast spells...

Something got SERIOUSLY tweaked/fucked

So we wiped, hard.. twice.... recalled out and tried again...

ON FUCKING NORMAL

Only a slight improvement. I spent most of the raid in someones pocket. The second I got raised... grip and dead...

WTF?  Shocked

Also.. I've noticed over the last week/10 days the DDO client crashes when lots of light effects are active. Anyone else noticing ANY of this?

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Re: Ravenloft - Strahds Raid
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 8:47am
Print Post  
Nothing changed, your group just sucked.

Fuck man, we had a pug R1 VON6 fail last night on the pillars!   Pugland is just bad.

LH Babba/Shrad in a pug is harder than an R1 guild run.
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2018 at 8:48am by Bigjunk »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 9:16am
Print Post  
Agree with Bigjunk.   Pugs can be brutal.  There are very few raids where people can just run around like idiots attacking whatever they want whenever they want.   That works in 6 man content but those are bad habits to bring into most raids.

The new raids, especially, have a lot of trash mobs that can hurt and start wiping out party members quickly without some moderate level of group coordination.

Pugs in Strahd and Baba can also suffer from poor team makeup.  In a guild raid it is more likely that everybody knows what role they are filling and what role everybody else is filling and what their job is in each phase of the raid.   Don't have a decent tank?  Messy.  Healer is not quick with the icon and/or the heal rotations to keep tank alive?  Messy.   Don't have decent crowd control and instakills?  Messy.   Don't have a leader keeping people together on the stairs or doesn't have a plan for handling the cards/torches (or the wisps/crows/mounds in Baba)?  Messy.   

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Yeah... kind of fucking aggravating when the Raid Leader is constantly reminding people to stay together, while you are literally watching the same 4-5 people run off on their own..

the whole,  fucking quest...  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2018 at 9:30am by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #4 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 10:59am
Print Post  
PUGS are brutal with poor leadership. If the "leader" isn't even willing to give instructions in voice chat, I leave.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jun 27th, 2018 at 10:59am:
PUGS are brutal with poor leadership. If the "leader" isn't even willing to give instructions in voice chat, I leave.

Leader was giving instructions.. it was like half the group was listening, and half of THOSE were thinking "I can handle this.. I don't need to do that..." I mean.. how fucking hard is it to stay with the group going up the godamn stairs?

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #6 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Jun 27th, 2018 at 11:03am:
...and half of THOSE were thinking "I can handle this.. I don't need to do that..." I mean.. how fucking hard is it to stay with the group going up the godamn stairs?

I raid on Ghallanda and Khyber. The raid groups I run with on both (especially on Ghallanda) have very good group leaders who have good reputations for leading successful raids so, for the most part, people listen and follow directions.

On one of the servers, I won't say which, the group hasn't had its regular leader for awhile and the current one has taken to inviting a guy from one of the Elite raiding guilds who, truth be told, doesn't even raid with his own guild. This guy is a good player and his builds always have very high DPS. The problem is this guy buys into his own hype. He does what HE wants to do and, on more than one occasion, has come close to ruining a raid because he doesn't think he "needs" to listen to the directions. He listens to music on headphones instead of the raid leader and is NOT a team player. I have stopped running with this group because I will not run with a guy who thinks that what he wants to do is more important than what the raid leader wants him to do. I don't have time for people like that who either ruin raids or who come close to ruining them.

Edited:
Capitalization screw-up fixed.
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2018 at 6:07pm by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #7 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
I've pugged both regularly since release (typically on LH) and it's been pretty smooth. One failure each, and honestly in those two runs I couldn't tell if the problem players were griefing the torches/puzzles or just grossly incompetent.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
I guess what bothered me was I haven't had an issue with dying or Grip in ANY of the runs I've done.. but over this last weekend I just got hammered repeatedly like an ex-girlfriend was after her lb of flesh....

IP Logged

Symbiont
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Jun 27th, 2018 at 7:34am:
With almost 4k hp, 150ac, 240prr, and 165mrr. I was getting killed in 2 shots.

Your server's version of Legendary Hard spawns mobs with permanent quad-damage orbs. Please submit a bug report.

IP Logged

acidpickachu
Waterworks Kobold

drugs not hugs

Reply #10 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
PUG raid is determined to be difficult. In other surprising news.... Today the Pope announced he's Catholic

IP Logged

imanoob
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 12:11am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jun 27th, 2018 at 12:10pm:
On one of the servers, I won't say which, the group hasn't had its regular leader for awhile and the current one has taken to inviting a guy from one of the Elite raiding guilds who, truth be told, doesn't even raid with his own guild. This guy is a good player and his builds always have very high DPS. The problem is this guy buys into his own hype. He does what HE wants to do and, on more than one occasion, has come close to ruining a raid because he doesn't think he "needs" to listen to the directions. He listens to music on headphones instead of the raid leader and is NOT a team player. I have stopped running with this group because I will not run with a guy who thinks that what he wants to do is more important than what the raid leader wants him to do. I don't have time for people like that who either ruin raids or who come close to ruining them.

Could be true for all servers TBH...

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #12 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 4:38am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jun 27th, 2018 at 8:47am:
Fuck man, we had a pug R1 VON6 fail last night on the pillars!   Pugland is just bad.

Half a group with no DPS, what do you expect?  Be glad you got a group Tongue

The pug scene has gotten horrible though, especially with raids.  Fucking triple completionist pussies ranking up their epic lives through dailies and when you talk a group into running EE or R1, you end up basically soloing it with a backpack full of soul stones Tongue 

I'm running a 7th life toon with 8 reaper points and I don't die a fraction as often as the people I've been grouping with (who's bios brag about their 20+ past lives).  And that's when I can even get a group.  Been soloing most of the epic quests.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint