Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Strahd Run... musings of in panic (Read 4140 times)
ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Strahd Run... musings of in panic
Jul 2nd, 2018 at 7:40am
Print Post  
So we're doing a run.. everything is going surprisingly well... torches were fast and clean, nobody yanking the wrong one out of order in a compulsive panic...

We beat down Strahd to about 2%, work down the brides.. get the signal to kill. Strahd drops....

... and the guy with the Sunsword dies...

Mind you, Strahd is in his coffin.... and nobody is picking up the sword....

I'm in the far corner, was raising people as they lost the marker... and nobody is moving to the Sword.... time is ticking... lag starts RIGHT FUCKING THEN.. I manage to make it to the coffin, grab the sword.. and frantically start stabbing him....

... with my stack of Resurrection scrolls....

He hops up.. the brides hop up.... the party wipes..

We actually recovered... TWICE... but folks started leaving the group, or just finding a nice corner and going AFK.. we ended up throwing in the towel.

*sigh*

I've only got about 600 Strahd Runes, but 950ish Hut Runes

Still trying to get Bell, Strahd's Invis Cloak, Coat of Van Richten & Dusk

Dusk dropped last night, but someone beat me on the roll Sad

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Strahd Run... musings of in panic
Reply #1 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 8:14am
Print Post  
lol @ orien pugs. That server is done. Pugs here can fail LN shroud. Normal shroud failures. Literally cannot get past part 2's separation mechanic. There's probably like 12 players left playing now that you would want in a reaper raid. The remaining good players should seriously consider transferring to Ghallanda and try to get in to Omni Corp.

Are there any other servers trying high skull raids besides G-Land and the Omnipresence guys? Is Renowned still around on Thelanis? Have not seen them post anything in a really long time. Morriel seems like their last poster on the mobos they have. I hear Khyber still doing stuff. How about Argo, Sarlona, Cannith?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 9:27am
Print Post  
There are still quite a few Guilds doing high R runs, but they tend to stay exclusive and USUALLY won't let non-Guild members in.

I've done both Raids a few times now and am learning as I go..  Problem is, I really kind of enjoy crowd control, am decent as a tank.. and do you REALLY want some idiot with a pet skelly trying to control the crows while I'm doing puzzles?

Same with Artis who go in with the defenders.. FML.. yer godamn dog is fucking up the agro douchnozzle!!

Makes me crazy when I'm trying to reaquire Ago after some dickhead runs up behind my crows and throws a few casts and their dog keeps biting them in teh ass.

I've also noticed that the Crows arent focusing on agro as much. They are running around randomly attacking anyone and everything, none of it having anything to do with gening agro.. its like their AI has been fucked with again.

Sometimes the doorway trick works, sometimes it doesn't... just frustrating to have an easy Crow set where Im sitting on the door sill and the crows are on the other side trying to get me thru the wall, and some fucktards pet feels the need to run up and start attacking.... soon to be followed by the fucktard themselves.

In any case.. the wipe I was talking about above was probably destined.. the lag was preventing swaps, so I couldn't get the fucking scrolls out of my hand to use the Sunsword, and when i finally had my sword and board out I couldn't swap back to scrolls to get people up..  was fucking ridiculous. Kind of important to be able to turn my aura off after I've got agro so I don't kill the brides or Crows when I have them as well.

There really weren't that many folks in-game @ the time either.. so no idea why the lag started. Sure.. everybody knows when Lam is up Main runs like shit.... but no excuses for this weekend.
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2018 at 10:34am by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

goldgolem
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 10:10am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 8:14am:
Are there any other servers trying high skull raids besides G-Land and the Omnipresence guys? Is Renowned still around on Thelanis? Have not seen them post anything in a really long time. Morriel seems like their last poster on the mobos they have. I hear Khyber still doing stuff. How about Argo, Sarlona, Cannith?

Thelanis just Arise doing it I think. I pugged some R8-10s with them and they do some low skull raids. I dont think they have enough guildies for a full raid, so everything is always a pug to some extent

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #4 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Lava Divers on Khyber is running in the R5-R7 baba and strahd range these days.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #5 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 11:45am
Print Post  

There are multiple groups on G-Land still running mid-skull raids on a regular basis.   Pug R1s happen as well. 

In general, the LH pugs will be harder than the R1.   The R1 will scare of those not capable.
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2018 at 11:48am by Bigjunk »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #6 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 11:12am:

Someone twitching?

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Khyber is very healthy for raid nights.

IP Logged

noobane
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
goldgolem wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 10:10am:
Thelanis just Arise doing it I think. I pugged some R8-10s with them and they do some low skull raids. I dont think they have enough guildies for a full raid, so everything is always a pug to some extent

Yeah, arise is doing in r5 range for both 6 and 12 man. Solid core there just need a couple more to hit full potential.

IP Logged

ahti
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
lol @ orien pugs. That server is done. Pugs here can fail LN shroud. Normal shroud failures. Literally cannot get past part 2's separation mechanic. There's probably like 12 players left playing now that you would want in a reaper raid. The remaining good players should seriously consider transferring to Ghallanda and try to get in to Omni Corp.

renowned completly dead since leader left game but "arise" running reaper raids and high reaper quest, and lh baba strahd is almost daily on pugs some pugs even running le baba strahd, depend on pugs, thelanis i still pretyy good shape overall

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #10 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Are there any other servers trying high skull raids besides G-Land and the Omnipresence guys?...How about... Cannith?

Cannith has a dozen or so legitimately decent players and another dozen or so mediocre to bad players who you'll encounter in high skulls that have no business being there.

The player base is also extremely fragmented; GODS has a bunch of the people who are useful in high skulls/reaper raids, but they also have a lot of players who range from mediocre to bad, can't contribute much, but end up in the group anyways by virtue of being in the guild (GODS is not a skill-based guild). Most of the other decent players are the only (or one of the only) useful players in their guild.

Cannith could really benefit from a skill-based guild filled with only decent players to help turn the multiple small cliques of decent players into a more cohesive unit, but it isn't likely to happen since most people have been in their guilds for long periods of time and are pretty entrenched there. The only guild on Cannith that I can think of with only decent players has 2 players in it which isn't exactly enough.

There you have it, the breakdown of Cannith's endgame reaper scene that nobody wanted. You're welcome.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 9:27am:
There are still quite a few Guilds doing high R runs

I doubt any guild on orien is doing r5+ baba or strahd. There is only enough active good players that if Matrix and Phantom Company + ( any good players left not in those guilds ) would combine and coordinate to form a mid reaper ravenloft raid party.

Asheras wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 11:12am:

Bigjunk wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 11:45am:
There are multiple groups on G-Land still running mid-skull raids on a regular basis.

Multiple? You lucky fucks

goldgolem wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 10:10am:
Thelanis just Arise doing it I think

Good to hear. Looks like GLand, Khyber and Thelanis are doing well.

ahti wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 1:13pm:
renowned completly dead since leader left game

yikes. Suly was one of the better players in the game, did he wind up at Arise or just quit?

Pseudonym wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 1:51pm:
Cannith could really benefit from a skill-based guild filled with only decent players to help turn the multiple small cliques of decent players into a more cohesive unit, but it isn't likely to happen since most people have been in their guilds for long periods of time and are pretty entrenched there. The only guild on Cannith that I can think of with only decent players has 2 players in it which isn't exactly enough.

That is pretty much what is going on at Orien. Feel for you bros.

Any Sarlona or Argo guilds/groups doing reaper ravenloft raids?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #12 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
As a perpetual mediocre pug participant on Orien, I can say the legendary raid runs can be super exciting because of folks that don't know what they're doing or doing the opposite of helping.  Guess that is one reason I keep TRing.  More fun to TR than to pull whats left of my hair out with capped raiding.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

ahti
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
sula stopped playing game about same time bailey did, im took over year break myself, then i waas only renowned core player left, recently i joined arise, renowneded been dead almost 1.5 years

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #14 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 2:52pm:
Any Sarlona or Argo guilds/groups doing reaper ravenloft raids?

Yeah, there was an open call for a Twitch streamer group that runs weekly in the Sarlona subforum on the mains a couple of weeks ago.

Only R2 for the pug raids, but they run high skull legendary stuff regularly on their streams.
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2018 at 5:53pm by Starkjade »  

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #15 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
yikes. Suly was one of the better players in the game, did he wind up at Arise or just quit?

According to Morkass, Renowned (his guild at the time) imploded just before reaper came out. Bailey and Sulay took breaks from the game---there was some butthurt about Reaper xp and how it wasn't available for everything. Lazer left the guild to join Arise over a personality conflict. (Something about recruiting someone.) Morkass came to GLAND.

Morkass is the r10 thrower solo guy. Nice dude.

I hope shit-shit games merges us. It would so nice to have new people around. Not that I don't love everyone, it's just that the same faces can wear each other down.
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2018 at 6:40pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

OkSub
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 8:09am
Print Post  
GODS has a bunch of the people who are useful in high skulls/reaper raids, but they also have a lot of players who range from mediocre to bad, can't contribute much, but end up in the group anyways by virtue of being in the guild (GODS is not a skill-based guild).

I assume you are one of the useful and high skilled member of GODS? am i right?

IP Logged

RolyPoly
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 10:24am
Print Post  
Cannith has a dozen or so legitimately decent players and another dozen or so mediocre to bad players who you'll encounter in high skulls that have no business being there.

I think the number of decent players is a bit higher than that. There is also a substantially larger number of "decent" players who just bump along in the wastelands of LN PUG failures.

Cannith could really benefit from a skill-based guild filled with only decent players to help turn the multiple small cliques of decent players into a more cohesive unitan updated raid channel

Fixed that for you.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #18 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
OkSub wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 8:09am:
I assume you are one of the useful and high skilled member of GODS? am i right?

You are not.

RolyPoly wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 10:24am:
I think the number of decent players is a bit higher than that. There is also a substantially larger number of "decent" players who just bump along in the wastelands of LN PUG failures.

When I say "decent", I'm referring to players who are legitimately useful in high skulls. There are (obviously) a lot more than a dozen or so players who can pass for ok-ish in easier content, in addition to a handful of players who suck but get carried through high skulls often enough that they probably think of themselves as useful.

That's not who I'm talking about.

RolyPoly wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 10:24am:
Cannith could really benefit from an updated raiding channel

The problem isn't finding people, it's finding useful people. Pretty much every public chat channel in Cannith history has been been abandoned by decent players because their existence became public knowledge which resulted in a flood of bad players joining. To that end, a password-protected reaper channel was made a bunch of months ago. It never really caught on.

IP Logged

mr420247
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Was just in our first Gods Baba run r3 today was cake till the mounds

We learned what not to do beat enough cannith vets stick around eventually we might high skull some raids

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #20 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
There you have it, the breakdown of Cannith's endgame reaper scene that nobody wanted. You're welcome.

Did not want. Thank you.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #21 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Sounds like the grouping and raiding scene on other servers is a train wreck if this stuff is true.

G-land has a reasonably active end-game raiding scene with multiple guilds running reaper raids on a weekly basis.

G-land's pugs even seem pretty competent compared to what's being said about some of the other servers.  There are fairly regular weekly PUG LH/LE raids that groups of non-min/maxers and casuals manage to complete with minimum amounts of fuss and drama.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #22 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Khyber has a good volume of competent raiders so that you can find challenging runs and a decent volume of runs.  There are at least 3 guilds that are strong end game raiders doing reaper raids.   Then pug/other guilds doing weekly LH/LE runs successfully.

If you wanted to keep multiple characters on timer, you would be able to do so.

IP Logged

goldgolem
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 9:43am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 2:52pm:
Good to hear. Looks like GLand, Khyber and Thelanis are doing well.

Thelanis is not doing that well unfortunately. Out of Gland and Khyber, which would be better to test for population?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #24 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 11:01am
Print Post  
goldgolem wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 9:43am:
Thelanis is not doing that well unfortunately. Out of Gland and Khyber, which would be better to test for population?

Part of it might be play time.  I know Khyber is strong in the 7pm US eastern to about midnight.   There is a smaller but active Euro crowd and mid-day American crowd, but it is not overly large.   If you are doing high skulls at cap reaper runs or speed/optimized reaper TR runs, you should be able to find some steady running mates.  I don't know about an asian/australian crowd for what would be overnight and early morning hours in the US.  Khyber used to have a decent showing there years ago, but it seems like that time slot is pretty spartan now days.   I'm not on during that time, though, so I could be wrong. 

I don't know about G-Land and what their heavy activity times would be. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint