Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Barbarian Buff Notes (Read 5009 times)
WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Barbarian Buff Notes
Jul 10th, 2018 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
With update 39 a very quick collection of changes to Barbarian are expected to go live. This is not a revamp by any means, it is primarily a collection of numerical value alterations that became a large enough line item that it seemed to warrant it's own thread. This is not meant to change Barbarian gameplay, it is simply meant to put them in line with other dedicated melee classes that our data showed us they had fallen behind in a way that we could rectify in a simple manner that could be fit into the development schedule (in a way that an actual revamp of a tree that needs one would not have).

The gist of these changes is: Barbarians should now be capable of outputting damage closer to other dedicated melees and one of their defining class features (their damage reduction) is no longer massively outscaled by content.

DR Class Feature Revamp
Barbarian DR no longer gives "classic" damage reduction like in old 3.5 of -1 damage per strike.
Instead Barbarians now start with a 5% damage absorption to all damage except bane (this is a straight percentage of damage reduced BEFORE PRR/MRR calculation)
This resistance is increased at levels barbarians normal got DR increases, by 1%, net of 11% by level 20 (BUG: This portion is not yet implemented in this preview build.)
Enhancements in the barbarian occult slayer line increase this by 1% instead of the DR they once increased for a total of 4% available from the tree.
The Fury of the Wild passive "Damage Reduction" increases this absorption by an additional 1%/2%/3%. (BUG: This portion is not yet implemented in this preview build.)
Total max: 18% damage absorption to all damage except bane. Requires a Pure Barbarian with the fifth Core in Occult Slayer and a tier 2 Fury of the Wild ability to achieve.

Frenzied Berserker Adjustments
Cracking Attack no longer costs HP and the cooldown is reduced to 12 seconds. Reduces fortification by 5/10/20% in addition to its existing effects.
Crazy Strike now grants +.5/+1/+2[W] extra damage.
Focused Wrath now grants +1/+2 Competence Bonus to Critical Multiplier.
Focused Wrath now costs 1AP per rank.

Ravager Adjustments
Hate now deals +1/2/3[W] and has a cooldown of 6 seconds.
Mutilate now has a 10-second cooldown per monster on proccing its Charisma damage (as you can use Hate much more frequently now).
Slaughter's cooldown is now 12 seconds.
Critical Rage now grants +1/+2 Competence Bonus to Critical Threat Range.
Critical Rage now costs 1AP per rank.
(Does not require raging)

Occult Slayer Adjustments
Weapon Bond's active cooldown is now 20 seconds. It now costs 1 Weapon Bond, and grants a +5 Unique Bonus to Attack.
Parrying Bond's bonuses are now Unique
Guarding Bond's bonuses are now Unique
Vicious Strike now deals +1/3/5[W], and is now 1AP per rank.
Antimagic Boost now includes +10/20/30 Action Boost bonus to MRR in addition to its existing effect.
Driving Force now costs 30/20/10 Weapon Bond, lasts for 20 seconds, and adds 5/10/20 MRR in addition to its existing effect.
Seeker’s Strike now deals +3/5/7[W] and costs 20 Weapon Bond. It is also now 1AP per rank.
Occult Metalline now grants +1 Comptetence Bonus to Critical Threat Range and Critical Multiplier in addition to its existing effects.
Occult Metalline now costs 2AP.

Steel has confirmed Focused Wrath will work across the whole threat range. He is also saying he will try and fix the SR from Occult Slayer not stacking.
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2018 at 4:44pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Re: Barbarian Buff Notes
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
So what is the silliest endgame weapon for a Barb now?
I suppose the falchion from Age of Rage will be titties.

Then there's the possible SWF builds... ...is swash on the table? (I'm retarted)
How does this stuff go together with Vistani? I know Ap is tight.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 4:47pm:

Then there's the possible SWF builds... ...is swash on the table? (I'm retarted)
How does this stuff go together with Vistani? I know Ap is tight.

these changes make barbs a top tier melee dps and build in all skulls. Particularly in lower skulls where its healing outlasts other solo builds. kensei keep their advantages of tactics and being allowed to use displace clickies and magic scrolls. but dps wise they should be close now. the 14% damage absorb is pretty fucking good. I was thinking along the lines of increasing barb dodge and mdb +10 or so when raging in light/medium armor, but this is also fine.

headman's chop on a dwarf axe swf build is good. needs someone to stack vuln for it, but it basically swings a baby torn as a swf. might beat a calamity when factoring in glancing blows.

sylvanus gets a stupid profile while raging on barb splashes.

stinger is 15-20 x4.

calamity x5 multi.

between barb changes and the crazy bird tree we have a lot of new toys.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #3 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 4:56pm:
these changes make barbs a top tier melee dps and build in all skulls. Particularly in lower skulls where its healing outlasts other solo builds. kensei keep their advantages of tactics and being allowed to use displace clickies and magic scrolls. but dps wise they should be close now. the 14% damage absorb is pretty fucking good. I was thinking along the lines of increasing barb dodge and mdb +10 or so when raging in light/medium armor, but this is also fine.

headman's chop on a dwarf axe swf build is good. needs someone to stack vuln for it, but it basically swings a baby torn as a swf. might beat a calamity when factoring in glancing blows.

sylvanus gets a stupid profile while raging on barb splashes.

stinger is 15-20 x4.

calamity x5 multi.

between barb changes and the crazy bird tree we have a lot of new toys.

I didn't think you would have as much time to test druids and rogues as you thought.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #4 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Not sure it is top shelf, but a barb/swash with a hand axe has a strong profile.

A Handaxe is 20/x3.   Bard Swash gives it 18-20x3   A barb/Swash goes 18-20/x5.   

17-20/5 with IC

17-18/5 19-20/6 with OC

17-18/5 19-20/8 with LD options.

Legendary Forgotten Axe starts with a 19-20, without keen, though, so with that you would be at:

16-18/5 19-20/8 with full SWF attack speed.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 5:16pm:
I didn't think you would have as much time to test druids and rogues as you thought.

so many new things they gave us for u39. large update. the new bird tree will undoubtedly have unforeseen ramifications in the immediate future. there is a lot to work with there and it alters the landscape for monks and monk splashes. this might single handedly bring back qp monks. it lends itself to monk splashes that can now sustain very high jade, and finisher dcs without taking many monk levels. 

it might be amazing on a repeater or shuri build, being able to use a ranged assassinate. im sure it can ips.

idk, it is a lot to digest right now. but in the coming months some very creative players we have are for sure going to break one of these things wide open.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #6 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 5:26pm:
Legendary Forgotten Axe starts with a 19-20, without keen, though, so with that you would be at:

16-18/5 19-20/8 with full SWF attack speed. 

Sweet!

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 5:24am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 5:30pm:
so many new things they gave us for u39. large update. the new bird tree will undoubtedly have unforeseen ramifications in the immediate future. there is a lot to work with there and it alters the landscape for monks and monk splashes. this might single handedly bring back qp monks. it lends itself to monk splashes that can now sustain very high jade, and finisher dcs without taking many monk levels. 

it might be amazing on a repeater or shuri build, being able to use a ranged assassinate. im sure it can ips.

idk, it is a lot to digest right now. but in the coming months some very creative players we have are for sure going to break one of these things wide open.

Assassinate on ranged will be part of the shadow nerf package.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #8 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 11:55pm:
Sweet!

I had that wrong.  I think I missed a range expander.   It is even better...

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 10:39am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 4:47pm:

It was before, and there's nothing here that makes it worse, so yeah.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #10 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 10:37am:
I had that wrong.  I think I missed a range expander. 

Which one? A Competence bonus from somewhere?
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2018 at 12:31pm by Technomage »  

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #11 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Naturally I was thinking of handaxes which in LD would be 15-18/x5 19-20/x8 (OC+Devastating Crit+Headman's Chop). Axe of the Unseen Blow would have x6 crits; Forgotten Axe would have 14-20 crit range.

From mo-bo.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #12 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Naturally I was thinking of handaxes which in LD would be 15-18/x5 19-20/x8 (OC+Devastating Crit+Headman's Chop). Axe of the Unseen Blow would have x6 crits; Forgotten Axe would have 14-20 crit range.

From mo-bo.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
Anyone else thinking Barb Silvanus?

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #14 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Justanotherlurker wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:02pm:

Yes, just not sure about the details yet.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #15 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 12:57pm:
From mo-bo.   

Link?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #16 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:20pm:
Link?

Ubongwah doesn't spell it out in the post, but:

I forgot this from the wiki:

Quote:
Passive: While Swashbuckling, the following weapons receive Competence bonuses to their critical profiles (critical threat range bonuses doubled with the appropriate Improved Critical feat, but not with keen or impact):

So the +2 crit range from swash gets another +2 from IC, which moves it from 16 to 14.   

« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:23pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #17 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Justanotherlurker wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:02pm:

Definitely.  The profile will be sick.
20/3
18-20/3 from Silvanus
17-20/3 from IC
17-20/5 from FB
16-20/5 from Holy Sword
15-20/5 from pulverizer
15-18/5 19-20/7 from OC, DC

Am I missing anything?  That's a standard crit profile Maul.  If you use one with an expanded profile, even better.  So Tremor would get to 14-20.

« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:30pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #18 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:22pm:
Ubongwah doesn't spell it out in the post, but:

I forgot this from the wiki:

So the +2 crit range from swash gets another +2 from IC, which moves it from 16 to 14.   

Ah...understood. Thanks.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:23pm:
So Tremor

The loaded ravenloft dice make these weapons superior to anything available. even compared to weapons that crit more and have higher multipliers. the loaded loft dice are just too good.

I see people on mobos mentioning riftmakers or w/e. compare rift to torn and it is readily apparent that torn deals double damage on average 1d12 vs 1d12 + 6. the only time rift does anything better than torn is if we could reach 240 damage modifiers. And that is for just slightly higher crits. Not overall dps. we are not close to 240 modifiers right now in ddo and even if we were it is only a slightly higher crit. For a massive crit differential it needs a freakish modifier and as long as we can continue to gain (w) the loaded dice weapons will further pull away from everything else.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #20 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Stop giving good information---they might get better. /s

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #21 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Light Mace

20x2
18-20x3 from Swash
15-20x3 from IC
15-20x4 from FB
15-20x5 from Scourge
14-20x5 from pulverizer
14-18x5 19-20x7 from OC, DC

generic light mace: 14-18x5 19-20x7 (+32 iterations)
Skullsmasher: 14-20x6 19-20x8 (+39 iterations)
Drow Light Mace: 12-18x5 19-20x7 (+40 iterations)

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #22 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
Flow:
15-20/x4 = 18
Calamity:
17-20/x5 = 16
Balizarde:
15-20/x5 = 24

+4 on 19-20 (OC, 2 from berserker, 1 from LD)

Flow: 26 (iterations)
Calamity: 24
Balizarde: 32

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #23 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Beacon of Day/Night on Aas Scourge
20/x2, base
20/x4, FB
19-20/x4, IC
18-20/x5, Scourge
17-20/x5, pulverizer

So its not going to beat a calamity for profile.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #24 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
The new scimitars have a 2[w] advantage over flow but they are 1d6 + 2, while flow is 1d6 + 3.

Lets assume you're boosting in LD for a +[w] and we get base damage of:
Flow @ 6[6.5] = 39
Vulk @ 8[5.5] = 44

So Vulk is only ahead by 5 damage. I think the utility of Guardbreaking is enough that it seems like Flow is a better pick overall... ...maybe take 2 IC feats and then get the Vulk for DR bypass. Flow has vulnerability on it though...

I have no idea how a dagger would stack up if you went vistani. Rapid slash is pretty crazy!
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2018 at 4:29pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint