Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Plume or Rage? (Read 3469 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Plume or Rage?
Jul 18th, 2018 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
I've got enough left (after picking two +7 tomes) to get one of the two newest packs.  Loot's is a factor, but really a minor one (XP should be, but both packs are in the least starved level ranges that really didn't need additional quests).  Which of the two is more fun to run?
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2018 at 12:31pm by Skoodge »  

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Demoyn
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Plum or Rage?
Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Age of Rage is definitely the worst. I don't know why they have such a hard on for this madness shit.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Rage has good loot for weapons ( best scimitar, falchion, and a disruptor heavy mace ). There are some healing items that are bis for robots and undead forms. If none of these things are something you would like then go with plume pack as it has a rather wide assortment of gear for low heroics and low epics as well.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Re: Plume or Rage?
Reply #3 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 5:33am
Print Post  
Ok, I know enough of you had to run it by now.  How's the pack (or at least the part of the pack you can play)?  First impressions?

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #4 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 6:52am
Print Post  
I haven't logged in to do Plume yet but I loved the PnP module.

I like Rage more than most of Ravenloft honestly... ...but that's because I always loved House P...

It has really good loot and RxP. Some of the quests are good dailies if you're going to stay at cap.

If you're more interested in EPLs and HTRs then I'd go with Plume, since it will be easy to find groups for that stuff atm.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #5 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 5:33am:
Ok, I know enough of you had to run it by now.  How's the pack (or at least the part of the pack you can play)?  First impressions?

White Plume Mountain itself is a great quest. Probably the most interesting one they've introduced in years.

It isn't super short, but instead of filling it with massive packs of mobs around every corner that suck up most of your time (like slavers and toee), you spend more of your time in boss fights that're generally decent and interesting. Most of the bosses have mechanics that make them more fun than a straight up beat down. The art was (for the most part) new and pretty. Lots of new textures, a bunch of new monster types, interesting mechanics for most boss fights, and the quest overall didn't feel like a "cookie cutter" quest the way some do.

There are a couple jumping/finesse parts to get uncoordinated people to rage, a migraine tunnel just because, and a giant crab fight in an interesting room that actually has a timer and fun mechanics. It feels fresh and I really enjoyed it.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #6 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 11:42am
Print Post  
I've not done WPM yet, but the standalone other 4 are all interesting.

One has traps, mazes, and puzzles and a quiz based on dialogue.   With some interesting fights.

One has a hide and seek thing, some mario stuff, some dialogue stuff, and a decently interesting end fight.

One has a new mechanic with mario stuff, some new twists on old puzzles, lots of optionals, lots of dialogue, some old friends, and a really unique end fight.  With some diplo/bluf/intim/etc usage coming in handy.

The quests are pretty fresh.  None felt like the "run 10 feet fight 10 more mobs" style design.

IP Logged

exploytoften
Waterworks Kobold

Can i haz yer stuffz?

Reply #7 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
If you want to upgrade your sentient weapon you want a spark of memory from white plume mountain

My motto is: exploit early, exploit often
YIM  
IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 6:52am:
I like Rage more than most of Ravenloft honestly... ...but that's because I always loved House P

you have to be kidding. rage is one of the shittiest packs i have ever seen in my life. every quest is trash-lock enforced barriers and reskinned house p quests. the absolute shitiest of them all is the last one where you go around pretending to play world of warcraft by fetching 5 flowers, killing 5 monsters, and sucking 5 cocks. 

it is just like their fashion madness pack garbage. ssg should really, really, really stop producing their own content forever and stick to bringing pnp modules to life as it is not only more fleshed out content, but has better storylines than "OH, LOOK.. REMNANTS AND THE CODEX!!!!!!!!!11111111111ONE11!!!ELEVEN111!!!"
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2018 at 1:13pm by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #9 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 1:12pm:
and sucking 5 cocks. 

Damn, I missed that optional.  How's the XP bonus on it?

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #10 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 2:36pm:
How's the XP bonus on it?

It's okay, but hard to complete.

A lot of people choke.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #11 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 2:46pm:

A lot of people choke.

Nice.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #12 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 2:46pm:

A lot of people choke.

A++  Did not disappoint.  Would setup for joke again.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 12:16pm:
I've got enough left (after picking two +7 tomes) to get one of the two newest packs.  Loot's is a factor, but really a minor one (XP should be, but both packs are in the least starved level ranges that really didn't need additional quests).  Which of the two is more fun to run?

Loot isn't a factor, because it sucks.  So you're done.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #14 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 1:12pm:
fetching 5 flowers, killing 5 monsters, and sucking 5 cocks. 

That quest takes like 10mins on a caster solo on r10.  Tongue

The only shit one in that pack is Contagion---just because of the length. The endfight is actually pretty fun.

I'll take those quests anyday over fucking horseshit like Raven's Bane, Yester Hill, or Wizard of Wines.

The constructs, plants, and creeping doom can suck my cock.

I love Invitation to dinner but Ravenloft is not uniformly that level of quality.
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2018 at 8:52pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #15 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
Stop being poor and buy both.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 12:37am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 12:29pm:
Rage has good loot for weapons ( best scimitar, falchion, and a disruptor heavy mace ). There are some healing items that are bis for robots and undead forms. If none of these things are something you would like then go with plume pack as it has a rather wide assortment of gear for low heroics and low epics as well.

Age of Rage also has a strong repeater, a good and tracking rune arm, and a bis set bonus as long as you are a toaster or took the toaster feat line.  If you aren't either you can still enjoy the set bonus but you'll lose most of a wrist slot.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #17 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 1:41am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 12:37am:
Age of Rage also has a strong repeater, a good and tracking rune arm, and a bis set bonus as long as you are a toaster or took the toaster feat line.  If you aren't either you can still enjoy the set bonus but you'll lose most of a wrist slot.

Holy shit you're fucking dumb.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 2:23am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 1:41am:
Holy shit you're fucking dumb.

It'd be nice if you would bother to back that with words instead of stupid.
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2018 at 2:33am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #19 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 2:57am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 2:23am:
It'd be nice if you would bother to back that with words instead of stupid.

It'd be nice.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 8:49pm:
Raven's Bane, Yester Hill, or Wizard of Wines.

I don't mind the constructs and it fits the theme of ravenloft frankenstien/halloween flavor. the constructs are there to lock out most DC caster spells and force reflex based cc checks.

It's actually clever design on ssg's part despite being formed out of spite for the end game players and guilds. their hard-ons for hate fucking what everyone is doing has by sheer luck balanced out nearly all melees.

casters are doing great aside the entire not allowed to dps in reaper issue. which to me seems to come from ssg's hate fucking of shiradis that they did prior to reaper launch. even in ee or low skull quests shiradis dps has been largely reduced from just the procs alone. and there is the joy of the queen stealth nerf too. that is the large reason behind why they fucked up dps casting in reaper

the quest designs is the issue in those quests. wines is just a boring fetch quest. fetch 1 -> fetch 3 -> end fight. yester has a forced trash-locked spiraling prison of a hill as its best and worst quality. i'm sure they thought that was clever. nice one ssg. Raven's bane can bugg out where one of the required trash crow kills to spawn the 1st boss can vanish off the map. it probably wanders into a closed area or just off the map. all those quests are trash, any different type of mobs wouldn't change the shit design of the quest itself.

you can add baba there too. the 2nd part should have been an entirely different phase than repeating the first part entirely and exactly over again. the second part could have been the hut as the boss and baba spamming spells from the air until the hut dies. idk, anything was better than that lazy and stupid shit that they did. 

« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2018 at 2:21pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #21 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
Wow white plume is great. I really enjoyed the boss fights.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #22 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 8:49pm:
I'll take those quests anyday over fucking horseshit like Raven's Bane, Yester Hill, or Wizard of Wines.

Edited:
To the OP: White Plume Mountain. Some very enjoyable content and decent loot.
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2018 at 9:34pm by Metal-Beast »  

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #23 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
The force is strong with this Last Jedi meme.
Like any other fucking movie would make your point better, ya?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
white plime pack has so many bugs that just show no one at ssg ran through the quests on a half decent character on heroic and epic to see if things work. not even once

aside the multiple threads on the mobos for some of the new quests where dpsing or killing bosses too fast makes the boss invulnerable and then the quest cannot complete. there are bugs in plume itself. the kelpies cannot swim and are a required kill to unlock a barrier. if you spawn them and leave them there they will path into the water. if you spawn them and kite them they vanish into the water. you have to reset quest.
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2018 at 11:56pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint