Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Pointless "Pugs suck" Post (Read 6136 times)
ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: Pointless "Pugs suck" Post
Reply #25 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Another thing I wanted to get off my chest. Not naming names..

Was doing a Strahd pug.. and something that's been happening, is some ass-clown gets on a card and just starts spamming the torch out of order. They don't bother with communicating, don't call out, and don't look (or hear) what card is up for the torch.

"The Torch refuses to light... and the crypt grows a little colder"...

Hear that 30-40 fucking times in a row right after another... and you just want to fucking scream. It's happened on at LEAST a dozen pugs I've joined.

So I'm on another pug this weekend.. it's only a Hard.. and we've been sailing for a nice smooth run... I'm on the 'M' card (third on line), and call out I'm ready, @ what position in case I drop for some insane reason.. sitting waiting for my turn as we haven't started pulling yet.

Someone runs in, sees the card, and pulls the torch, and ducks back out again. And so it starts.... I even call out in the chat.. "[name], why the fuck would you DO that?"

No answer.... and I realize.. it hits me HARD... same player has been in EVERY FUCKING PUG that had this problem with some ass-clown pulling the torch out of sequence....

I let the Pug Leader know... and after some research it turns out this person is actually an established and generally trustworthy player on his 'main'. So leader says he trusts the guy.... begs the question, IF he's that good.. and he can be trusted... why did he do it?

I'm not buying it.... I seriously think there are some players who join pugs JUST so they can fuck things up. Maybe they're bored, maybe it's how they get good laugh watching everybody scramble to pick up the pieces.. I don't know...

Everybody has a bad day, but the coincidences... no... If you know what you're doing.. it doesn't even OCCUR to you to fuck up like that...  And if he was taking up a position to handle the torch.. then why run in, yank, and then run back out?
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2018 at 3:11pm by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #26 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 10:29am:

Was doing a Strahd pug.. and something that's been happening, is some ass-clown gets on a card and just starts spamming the torch out of order. They don't bother with communicating, don't call out, and don't look (or hear) what card is up for the torch.

Hear that 30-40 fucking times in a row right after another... and you just want to fucking scream. It's happened on at LEAST a dozen pugs I've joined.

So I'm on another pug this weekend.. it's only a Hard.. and we've been sailing for a nice smooth run... I'm on the 'M' card (third on line), and call out I'm ready, @ what position in case I drop for some insane reason.. sitting waiting for my turn as we haven't started pulling yet.

Someone runs in, sees the card, and pulls the torch, and ducks back out again. And so it starts.... I even call out in the chat.. "[name], why the fuck would you DO that?"

No answer.... and I realize.. it hits me HARD... same player has been in EVERY FUCKING PUG that had this problem with some ass-clown pulling the torch out or sequence....

I let the Pug Leader know... and after some research it turns out this person is actually an established and generally trustworthy player on his 'main'. So leader says he trusts the guy.... begs the question, IF he's that good.. and he can be trusted... why did he do it?

I'm not buying it.... I seriously think there are some players who join pugs JUST so they can fuck things up. Maybe they're bored, maybe it's how they get good laugh watching everybody scramble to pick up the pieces.. I don't know...

Everybody has a bad day, but the coincidences... no... If you know what you're doing.. it doesn't even OCCUR to you to fuck up like that...  And if he was taking up a position to handle the torch.. then why run in, yank, and then run back out?

I don't know what people do on other servers, but on Cannith the torch strategy falls into two camps:
1) Decent groups will split up, each player taking a few doors, light as soon as they find the correct torch in the order and call it out. It's quick and efficient.
2) Shitty groups (often guild runs of the bad guilds) often run around in clumps and expect everyone to announce when they find a torch. They get super pissed if anyone lights a torch before every single torch is announced to have been found and they say READY TO LIGHT or some bullshit like that. It's the same type of guys who used to insist that you do only one room in Deathwyrm even if you had players who were perfectly comfortable soloing rooms and coordinating. Bad players tend to insist that you follow their weak-ass, inefficient strategies because being flexible gives them anxiety.
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2018 at 1:37pm by Pseudonym »  

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 1:36pm:
I don't know what people do on other servers, but on Cannith the torch strategy falls into two camps:
1) Decent groups will split up, each player taking a few doors, light as soon as they find the correct torch in the order and call it out. It's quick and efficient.
2) Shitty groups (often guild runs of the bad guilds) often run around in clumps and expect everyone to announce when they find a torch. They get super pissed if anyone lights a torch before every single torch is announced to have been found and they say READY TO LIGHT or some bullshit like that. It's the same type of guys who used to insist that you do only one room in Deathwyrm even if you had players who were perfectly comfortable soloing rooms and coordinating. Bad players tend to insist that you follow their weak-ass, inefficient strategies because being flexible gives them anxiety.

Group 1 works just fine, provided everybody knows how to do the Raid.... which is pretty rare on pugs. Can't remember the last time we asked at the beginning if anyone hadn't run or didn't know what to do and didn't get a 'Me'....

IP Logged

CrazyOldCatLady
Korthos Resident

Reply #28 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 9:18am
Print Post  
I know how you feel, I've been pugging a lot recently and some of them are beyond painful, to the point of making me wonder why I still play.

It seems no matter what class I am, I always end up being the healer, even if there are divines in the group.
I've even had people go mental at me "Why the fuck are you healing yourself?!"  Erm because I'm on 10% of my HPs and no fucker else is healing me?!
I'm sorry but when I'm on a warlock and I'm having to heal the whole group with just heal scrolls, including myself, even when there are people who have healing spells, I'm gonna get a bit pissed off and stop doing it!
People tell me to just let them die, but then I end up dragging around soul stones the whole quest and I'm not exactly uber, so I won't always be able to deal with the scaling.

And don't get me started on the divines who are too busy yapping about how awesome they are to actually do any healing.  JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP AND HEAL PEOPLE!

Oh, and if you decide you want a break from pugging, then you get people accusing you of being elitist for soloing, I mean, wtf?!

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 9:43am
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 10:29am:

FYI, I was in a group and we had this same thing happen but apparently it was a bug in the voice thing as no one was clicking on the cards.  We had a good group of people we trusted and we knew who was on all the cards.  you can blame SSG devs for that one, most likely.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #30 - Jul 26th, 2018 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Pugs are more interesting. Soloing whatever quest for the 100th time is a snoozefest.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jul 29th, 2018 at 12:26am
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 10:08am:
No point in pissing away the few Grip clears you have running Strahd before you get to the end fight.... while you're still hunting cards. But for fuck sake, if you can heal and you see the tank dropping under 30%.. FUCKING HEAL them!  Angry

Huh?  You know you never run out, right?  Both of the trinkets will regen 1 charge after you've used all 3, but will never regen more than 1 at a time.  But they don't take forever to get that 1 back, either.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jul 29th, 2018 at 7:10am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jul 29th, 2018 at 12:26am:
Huh?  You know you never run out, right?  Both of the trinkets will regen 1 charge after you've used all 3, but will never regen more than 1 at a time.  But they don't take forever to get that 1 back, either.

Can't say I knew that.... as I never take any of the parts before we go up and beat the snot outa Rahadin (Renfield?)

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Jul 29th, 2018 at 7:15am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jul 26th, 2018 at 12:27pm:
Pugs are more interesting. Soloing whatever quest for the 100th time is a snoozefest.

Aye... ran 'Black & Blue' for the 1st time this weekend. Resigned myself to having to run it a bazillion times to get the epic Insightful Commands ... it's not a short quest and I really didn't feel like bugging my friends about it....

it dropped 1st run.. SO relieved...

IP Logged

Mogambo Guru
Dirty Sock

Up in ya

Reply #34 - Jul 30th, 2018 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Put a VON raid up. Wait for some idiots to join. Task the most colaborative idiot to do all the shit cause you do not rememeber  Sad. Park your toon at the entrance and go fuck rubbins mom or whatever pervertion you may indulge  for like 30 minutes. If you fucked rubbins mom remember to cum down her throat, balls deep, she loves it  Wink Then when you are back, survey how far the idiots had gone, if they are stuck or bitching around just close the game and go throat-fuck rubbins mom again or whatever. If the tards managed to get the things going wait at the air jet and tell them that only you are going up. Once you are up don't pull the lever, zerg to the end. After 1 minute some idiot will wonder why the ladder is still up and ask you to pull the lever. Ignore the moron, but tell them you are about to do it. Once you are with the golem you trigger it, cast dd, run to the morons waiting down there and type /dance. Turn your speakers on get some popcorn and enjoy the melody. If your drunk its even more fun lol Smiley Smiley Smiley

Bigjunk wrote on Aug 4th, 2018 at 1:18pm:
BTW . . . I'm president of the KNN fanclub, troll a different post please.   

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 7:38am
Print Post  
Mogambo Guru wrote on Jul 30th, 2018 at 10:05pm:
Put a VON raid up. Wait for some idiots to join. Task the most colaborative idiot to do all the shit cause you do not rememeber  Sad. Park your toon at the entrance and go fuck rubbins mom or whatever pervertion you may indulge  for like 30 minutes. If you fucked rubbins mom remember to cum down her throat, balls deep, she loves it  Wink Then when you are back, survey how far the idiots had gone, if they are stuck or bitching around just close the game and go throat-fuck rubbins mom again or whatever. If the tards managed to get the things going wait at the air jet and tell them that only you are going up. Once you are up don't pull the lever, zerg to the end. After 1 minute some idiot will wonder why the ladder is still up and ask you to pull the lever. Ignore the moron, but tell them you are about to do it. Once you are with the golem you trigger it, cast dd, run to the morons waiting down there and type /dance. Turn your speakers on get some popcorn and enjoy the melody. If your drunk its even more fun lol Smiley Smiley Smiley

Hate to admit it.. but this actually made me snicker.... I can imagine someone actually doing this on a VON...

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 9:02am
Print Post  
So.. yet another chapter...

I've started farming Slave Lord mats.. I mean LITERALLY just started. Thankfully its no where near as big a pain in the ass as LGS mats are to get.

Saw a pug for Slavers and decided to jump in... everything was fine up till the final boss fight.

The tactics are fucking simple.... beat on Boss till his shield pops up, then beat on minis.. they run the fuk around everywhere so its just a point of keeping them busy so they don't gang up and gank somebody.. then when Bosses shield drops, go after him again....

... except everybody was spending their time on the minis while they were invulnerable... and ignoring the Boss. I managed to get him (the Boss) down to about 45k, but lag was getting ugly and I couldn't heal for shit.

Since everybody was dead I grabbed stones and ran and raised best I could. Got everybody raised and died because I couldn't get my heals off.

We wiped several times, recovered, only to wipe again... I gave up... was your typical 'monkey fucking a football' event...

Christ, it's enough to make you take a few months off....

Not that fucking hard people....  Tongue

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #37 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 3:31am
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 9:02am:
Not that fucking hard people....

Sounds like you had the same weekend I did.

Some groups come together as a team naturally.

Others are born under fire.

Then you have those groups where you feel like you're baby sitting a bunch of crack babies in a candy factory  Angry

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

imanoob
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 10:20am
Print Post  
We pug out R1s with blitz method all the time, just requires some good leadership to make sure everyone knows what they are doing. (because some people are stupid)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint