Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Heroic Melee Gear Pillars U39 (Read 8324 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Heroic Melee Gear Pillars U39
Reply #25 - Jul 30th, 2018 at 12:34am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jul 29th, 2018 at 8:09pm:
You're comparing a 3 piece and a 5 piece set against a 2 piece set.  So some perspective is important.  3 artifact damage at 7th is I think better than you can get until epics otherwise, and with reaper stacking main damage up has a lot more value than a lot of smaller damage procs.

Yes it is good for level 7. By level 10 it is far surpassed through better overall statted items and set effects. If going for a higher dps output then adherent and silent win out. Adherent + Crypt Raider is also very good, but silent set up is higher overall dps. 

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #26 - Jul 30th, 2018 at 1:52am
Print Post  
Claw set is great. For the record, it is possible to fit in Claw set, Silent Avenger set, and Adherent set... slotwise. Currently wearing all three. Plus Slavers trinket and cove hat with superior false life and jump.

It's not optimal by any means, but it's good enough. At the very least, I am getting minor bumps from Mythic and / or Reaper bonuses.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jul 30th, 2018 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 30th, 2018 at 12:34am:
Yes it is good for level 7. By level 10 it is far surpassed through better overall statted items and set effects. If going for a higher dps output then adherent and silent win out. Adherent + Crypt Raider is also very good, but silent set up is higher overall dps. 

Sure but at what point does the higher stats on crafted gear outshine the set bonusses?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #28 - Jul 30th, 2018 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Justanotherlurker wrote on Jul 30th, 2018 at 11:11am:
Sure but at what point does the higher stats on crafted gear outshine the set bonusses?

Beyond heroics.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #29 - Jul 30th, 2018 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Rickyretardo wrote on Jul 29th, 2018 at 5:03pm:
Show me some alternatives, or fuck off.

http://ccplaner.esy.es/
http://ddowiki.com/page/Items

Knock yourself out.  I don't do spoon feedings.

« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2018 at 1:40pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jul 30th, 2018 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Justanotherlurker wrote on Jul 30th, 2018 at 11:11am:

The new ml 4 items from the market chain are much better than crafted at level.

It's a lot harder to answer that now. Has to be on an item by item basis since heroic level gearing is so spread out. Though most of the new or redone items have more effects, unique effects that cannot be found or made otherwise, or are parts of set bonuses and have stats that cannot be crafted onto that slot using cannith.

Even if some items are close to each other in terms of value, the ability to place stats where they could not normally be crafted can change numerous gear pieces around. You have to come up with a gear choice and then even out the gains and losses by comparing the sets.

Slavers at 8 beats cannith due to the versatility of putting any ability stats on any of the 6 slots while getting a set bonus.

Take the new redone marketplace items. The ml 4 necklace in particular ( Grim's Bracelet ) has an extra effect slot with doublestrike 4%. That extra effect slot isn't on cc until ml 10. That is probably the best necklace until slavers, ravenloft, or cc ml 10.

I think ravenloft items at level 10 because adherent is an awesome set bonus. 5 mp/rp, 10 neg/rep/pos hamp, 5 prr, 10 usp. That is overall stronger than slavers for ranged and melee.

The bracers from ravenloft have what amounts to 4 effect slot items, with 2 of those effects on each item being ones that cc cannot slot on the wrist, and the bracers are effectively a status of prefix/suffix/+2 extra effect slots, plus the versatility of shifting slots around that cc could not, and counting for a set bonus. Get a reaper/mythic bonus for extra creep.   

Around 14~ the items start to shift around again. Take Shimmer for an example; it allows maxing of enchantment focus and is a spell pen item. That is the versatility of like having goggles and a cloak if using cc, except on one item. Which allows the eye slot to focus on another primary or secondary spell school. Jorgundal's Collar and Backstabber's Gloves are unique and probably bis on almost every melee. The gloves are for sure bis on every ranged and melee both.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Mogambo Guru
Dirty Sock

Up in ya

Reply #31 - Jul 30th, 2018 at 4:34pm
Print Post  

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Bigjunk wrote on Aug 4th, 2018 at 1:18pm:
BTW . . . I'm president of the KNN fanclub, troll a different post please.   

IP Logged

Rickyretardo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jul 30th, 2018 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 30th, 2018 at 12:34am:

You seem to value DS and SA in heroics. If the R gets high enough that I cannot massacre the trash within a combo, I doubt a few % of DS would've saved the day. Beyond R3 heroic-melee is just shit anyway.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Jul 30th, 2018 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Rickyretardo wrote on Jul 30th, 2018 at 7:16pm:
You seem to value DS and SA in heroics

Not entirely, but everything adds up. 3pc silent 5% strike/shot is worth more than +3 damage in any skull. Then 5% helpless and 5% fort bypass and the items combine for ghostly, profane, and sneak attack as rare attributes, amongst other really good item effects.

Rickyretardo wrote on Jul 30th, 2018 at 7:16pm:
Beyond R3 heroic-melee is just shit anyway.

The reaper debuff still applies to magic and ranged while affecting melee and sneak attack damage less. In properly balanced parties a good melee will have the highest dps. Even more so when melee tier 5s blow away most caster dps level 12 spells. DFB, BB, what are the best dps spells at that level that are better than, say, tempest boosting and under 1k cuts?

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 11:39am
Print Post  
The level 4 Mimic cloak is pretty good for early levels:

Cloak of the Mimic (lvl 4)-

Sticky Goo Guard
Deathblock
Fortification +55%
DR 5/Law
Green Augment Slot

Dr 5 at that level is actually very strong.
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2018 at 11:41am by Ulysses »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #35 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Check out that level 4 crystal cove dagger!

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #36 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 3rd, 2018 at 11:45am:
Check out that level 4 crystal cove dagger!

Yup!

Look at your Mabar handwraps, now back at the daggers.  Now back at the handwraps, now back at the daggers.  These are the weapons your weapons could DPS like if they were made by Lynabell.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Aug 3rd, 2018 at 11:39am:
The level 4 Mimic cloak is pretty good for early levels:

Cloak of the Mimic (lvl 4)-

Sticky Goo Guard
Deathblock
Fortification +55%
DR 5/Law
Green Augment Slot

Dr 5 at that level is actually very strong.

I made these from 4-16.  The goo guard procs often and is fantastic.  I hate seeing fort on lower level items though because it's a 100% level 8 augment and the new CC value were well nerfed down so it's just a wasted affect.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #38 - Aug 4th, 2018 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 3rd, 2018 at 5:43pm:
I hate seeing fort on lower level items though because it's a 100% level 8 augment and the new CC value were well nerfed down so it's just a wasted affect.

That's just a stupid suggestion for a 'solution.' 

Wait, what's this you say?  Level 8 blue augs for fortification?   Speaking of being behind the curve...  It only took you two years to realize.

Here's a refresher since I realize it probably gets hard to keep track of all the idiotic bs you spew.

Frank wrote on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 12:11am:
Digimonk wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 2:30pm:
Covered this in one of the other threads where you're droning on about heavy fortification crafting.  http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1471472193/21#21 

There are ML8 items with a blue augment slot for almost all gear slots readily available.  If you cannot fit one of those items into your level 8 gear setup and put an ML8 heavy fortification aug in it, you're impressively lazy or make Fran look intelligent and open-minded.

There aren't a huge pile of <L8 drops with blue augment slots.  There are a few, and they may or may not fit in with a leveling gear set.  I've done a good many HPLs without a blue slot on my gear at all.  So I got my 100 Fort from a CC belt or ring.  Problem solved, and I didn't have to farm some heroic dungeon for a btc piece of armor that can't be worn by every class and doesn't work with every build.  And then farm another few heroic dungeons for my other classes and builds.  That's just a stupid suggestion for a 'solution.'

Frank wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 1:45pm:
Digimonk wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 12:56pm:
While there are plenty of valid points for and against the new CC system, I really do not understand all the fuss about crafting heavy fortification.

ML8 blue augs are available all day long for 20 tokens of the twelve and there is plenty of easily acquired ML8 named gear with blue aug slots on it.  Mobs really don't start hitting hard enough to care much about having 100% fortification until level 8 or later anyway.

Maybe so, but that gear isn't either all that available or suitable for plenty of builds.  I haven't had a blue augment slot on my main for the past 2 TRs and I don't expect that to change for the next 2 either.  And once you're in epics the fort actually starts coming on gear in useful quantities, so it's less of a concern unless you're slurping the -50% fort yugo pots.

You should get back on your meds and stop posting Frank.  You're too stupid to leave well enough alone and just embarrass yourself.
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2018 at 2:04pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Aug 4th, 2018 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
Interesting thread but it seems at heroic everyone is just doing r1 to get the heroic xp as quick as possible so who cares about what your using. Idk, maybe it's just my server

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Aug 5th, 2018 at 7:35am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 4th, 2018 at 2:02pm:
That's just a stupid suggestion for a 'solution.' 

Hey chew toy, while you're waxing poetic about me being 2 years behind the times (a direct copycat of my pointing out your failure to understand aggro, so congratulations for originality?) you might want to consider that from Aug, 2016 to Aug, 2018 the world didn't stand still, except when it comes to your mentality.

Two years ago I wore old CC 100% fort items or named items like Nightforge Gorget.  Those were great at the time.  Today, not so much.  Because the game has changed, but you missed it.  And as I pointed out, and you quoted me so thanks for confirming that your reading comprehension is just utter shit, new CC and new itemization doesn't provide 100% fort at low levels.  The augment does.  So since I don't sit stagnant like you, I have changed how I approach fortification.

Congratulations on being a complete and utter tool who isn't capable of change even while things change around her.  You are the definition of obsolete.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Mogambo Guru
Dirty Sock

Up in ya

Reply #41 - Aug 5th, 2018 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 5th, 2018 at 7:35am:
Yawn

I dont know if you have noticed, but We don't care for your petty drama with this faggot. Why don't you make us all a favor and sleep on the railroad tracks tonight, please ?  Smiley

PS. You can take him with you  Wink
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2018 at 12:30pm by Mogambo Guru »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #42 - Aug 5th, 2018 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 5th, 2018 at 7:35am:
Hey chew toy, while you're waxing poetic about me being 2 years behind the times (a direct copycat of my pointing out your failure to understand aggro, so congratulations for originality?) you might want to consider that from Aug, 2016 to Aug, 2018 the world didn't stand still, except when it comes to your mentality.

Two years ago I wore old CC 100% fort items or named items like Nightforge Gorget.  Those were great at the time.  Today, not so much.  Because the game has changed, but you missed it.  And as I pointed out, and you quoted me so thanks for confirming that your reading comprehension is just utter shit, new CC and new itemization doesn't provide 100% fort at low levels.  The augment does.  So since I don't sit stagnant like you, I have changed how I approach fortification.

Congratulations on being a complete and utter tool who isn't capable of change even while things change around her.  You are the definition of obsolete.

Gets hard to keep your own stupid straight, doesn't it Fran(k)?  Not only are you consistently wrong and stupid, you contradict yourself more than Trump.  That's impressive in a pathethic way.

It's good to know that you've finally come around to the better way of doing fortification that the non-mouthbreathers figured out 2 years ago though.  Maybe there's hope for you.

« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2018 at 3:48pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Mogambo Guru
Dirty Sock

Up in ya

Reply #43 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 9:00am
Print Post  

Still going on with the petty drama , eh faggot?

What part of : we don't give a fuck, faggot ,do you not understand? You fukin Idiot.

By the way, on a scale of 1 to Rubbins how gay and retarded do you think to be ?  Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2018 at 9:03am by Mogambo Guru »  

IP Logged

Slick Stick
Puppy Farmer

Titties!

Reply #44 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Mogambo Guru wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 9:00am:
Still going on with the petty drama , eh faggot?

What part of : we don't give a fuck, faggot ,do you not understand? You fukin Idiot.

By the way, on a scale of 1 to Rubbins how gay and retarded do you think to be ?  Smiley

Sigh... there has been enough 15 year old girl fighting in here lately as it is. Now this. does anyone else get sleepy by this stupid ass shit?

tl;dr Your shtick is old.

Just because someone asks a question, doesn't mean they need an answer.

IP Logged

Mogambo Guru
Dirty Sock

Up in ya

Reply #45 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Slick Stick wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 12:46pm:
girl  in here lately

A chick, here, faggot? LOL Not even in your most wet dreams  Grin

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 8:03am
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Aug 3rd, 2018 at 4:35pm:
Yup!

Look at your Mabar handwraps, now back at the daggers.  Now back at the handwraps, now back at the daggers.  These are the weapons your weapons could DPS like if they were made by Lynabell.

The dagger is amazing, and so is the scimitar at ml 4. Guaranteed vorpal and disruptor for early levels. SSG is really hitting some home runs lately.

Now if they can only clean up some epic loot. The doj-era stuff that is ml 28 with ml 23 stats. That should round out epic tring gear sets, since currently the vast majority is trash next to cannith crafted items.

IP Logged

Mogambo Guru
Dirty Sock

Up in ya

Reply #47 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 12:20pm
Print Post  

Talk about THAT on your next date, faggot; I'm sure he'll be impressed.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint