Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Sharn Expansion & Tieflings (Read 7472 times)
Mogambo Guru
Dirty Sock

Up in ya

Re: Sharn Expansion & Tieflings
Reply #25 - Aug 5th, 2018 at 1:58pm
Print Post  

WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 5th, 2018 at 5:27am:
Some faggy Cordovan secret .

Try giving him one of your famous toothless blowjobs. He's not used, ahseras still has some teeth left ( probably )Wink. I'm sure he will appreciate it, and maybe reveal it to you in the  excitement Grin
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2018 at 2:02pm by Mogambo Guru »  

Bigjunk wrote on Aug 4th, 2018 at 1:18pm:
BTW . . . I'm president of the KNN fanclub, troll a different post please.   

IP Logged

Balladeer
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Aug 5th, 2018 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 5th, 2018 at 1:53pm:
Sharn is a neat setting. It has its own book. It is the city of Eberron. Stormreach is just some upstart backwater. Most published Eberron modules begin there.

Tiefling iconic is going to be awkward. +2 dex, +2 int, -2 cha lends itself best to either rogue or wizard. But we already have those as iconics. The only f2p classes left to iconic are bard, barbarian, and sorcerer. None of those are very "iconic'. I guess they could do a variant that drops the cha penalty for sorcerer, a la bladeforged. Sorcerer feels like it should be reserved to be the iconic for Dragonborn though. (And barbarian should probably be reserved for Dwarf, because battleragerz.)

The best fit for an iconic Tiefling, IMO would be a fiend-pact Warlock. But then there's the problem of not having a precedent for an iconic version of a p2p class.

I thought Eberron would be really stupid when it first came out, but after I read some of the novels, I reconsidered, and to date it has been one of my favorite campaign settings to both play and DM in (Khorvaire, not Stormreach). 

I think Sharn has the potential to be really stunning--Imagine the feather falling shenanigans you could have!  I agree about the f2p race point.  As to the race/class combo being awkward... Sun Elf, anyone? 

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Aug 5th, 2018 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Aug 4th, 2018 at 12:11pm:
Re my mom's cunt.  You must be mistaken since my mom's cunt is a rotted pool of goo at this point.

{Judge from Frighteners Voice ON/}"I likes it when they hold REAL STILL like that...."{Judge from Frighteners Voice OFF/}

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #28 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 12:40am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 4th, 2018 at 10:34pm:
sev has a video at gencon speaking on it. new race and city of towers, spectral dragon for night revels -6 man instance-, and an unrelated raid.

Cool, thanks for saving me from my own laziness. You're the real hero.

IP Logged

Mogambo Guru
Dirty Sock

Up in ya

Reply #29 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 8:55am
Print Post  

Pseudonym wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 12:40am:
my

your

Pseudonym wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 12:40am:
lazyness

gayness

You're welcome. Fggt  Grin

« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2018 at 8:57am by Mogambo Guru »  

Bigjunk wrote on Aug 4th, 2018 at 1:18pm:
BTW . . . I'm president of the KNN fanclub, troll a different post please.   

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #30 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 11:47am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 5th, 2018 at 1:53pm:
Sharn is a neat setting. It has its own book. It is the city of Eberron. Stormreach is just some upstart backwater. Most published Eberron modules begin there.

This.

Khorvaire is actually the default setting for most of Eberron, and Sharn is the default starting point of most campaigns.

Xen-drik is "carte blanche" because the lore says it's "unexplored" (meaning that the people of Khorviare didn't know much about it) so that's why it was a good place to start DDO. You can't screw up what's not written down (or if you're Turbine, you bash on and find a way).

Quote:
Tiefling iconic is going to be awkward. +2 dex, +2 int, -2 cha lends itself best to either rogue or wizard. But we already have those as iconics. The only f2p classes left to iconic are bard, barbarian, and sorcerer. None of those are very "iconic'. I guess they could do a variant that drops the cha penalty for sorcerer, a la bladeforged. Sorcerer feels like it should be reserved to be the iconic for Dragonborn though. (And barbarian should probably be reserved for Dwarf, because battleragerz.)

It's more likely they go with a 4e/5e Tiefling, which is +INT and +CHA. The -CHA Tielfing hasn't been a "thing" for some time now.

Besides, what's more likely to sell?

Tieflings a la "Malicia" or Tielfings a la "Ugly Shadar-Kai"?

I am just curious how they plan to implement Horns and Tails, since some people are screaming for them, and others against them (I am fully Team Horns-and-Tails, because why even bother otherwise?)

I believe they said the Iconic would be Sorc or Bard, and I'd be fine with either. However, they also have a tendency to do "sub-optimal" (but not necessarily gimped) Stat-to-Class Iconic matches, so I wouldn't rule anything out at this point.

Maybe they roll it out with a flat +2 INT, a great racial tree, and call it a day, similar to Aasimar?

Quote:
The best fit for an iconic Tiefling, IMO would be a fiend-pact Warlock. But then there's the problem of not having a precedent for an iconic version of a p2p class.

There was a lot of chatter about this topic on the official forums.

I doubt we will see anything but "core" classes for Iconics until they simply run out of options for f2p Race/ Class combinations.

Meaning that one or both of the race or class is f2p. P2P + P2P is a non-starter.

So Dwarf Battlerager (f2p Dwarf + f2p Barb) is good. Teilfling Sorc or Bard also OK (p2p Race + f2p Class). Tiefling Warlock is NO GO (P2P Race + P2P Class) etc etc...

I am holding out for the Dwarf Battlerager. I will not do another Barb life on my Main Alt until that iconic happens (which is unlikely before the servers go dark).  Grin

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #31 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
Tiefling iconic really should be a Warlock.

I know why SSG won't do that but they should.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #32 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 12:10pm:

Iconic AF!

Unless we get “Acolyte of the Skin” and a revamp of the other sorcerer trees, I am not looking forward to playing an Iconic Tiefling.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Aug 30th, 2018 at 3:00am
Print Post  

They have said that they don't want to combine a pay race with a pay class.  I'm not exactly sure why putting an iconic or a class behind one paywall is fine and two is something they refuse to do, but I've stopped trying to find logic in what ssg does.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #34 - Aug 30th, 2018 at 7:34am
Print Post  

One +1 heart and it's  yours.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint