Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Melee Buff (Read 11601 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Melee Buff
Reply #50 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 5:15pm:
gland did it.

Full vid?  Didn't think so.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 5:58pm:

wow, ash. didnt think you would be so uptight about gland doing r10 strahd. they gave full vid of r8....

they wont be giving full vid of r10 because they have had problems with devs in their guilds before. and currently, lynn, who wanted in got denied because of what happened in the past. then she went full retard on them calling them cheaters and exploiters.

either way, there is a r10 on the books by the zany guys on gland.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 6:09pm:
wow, ash. didnt think you would be so uptight about gland doing r10 strahd. they gave full vid of r8....

they wont be giving full vid of r10 because they have had problems with devs in their guilds before. and currently, lynn, who wanted in got denied because of what happened in the past. then she went full retard on them calling them cheaters and exploiters.

Regardless, a r10 completion is still rockin, sploits or not.

IP Logged

S_O_B
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 12:08pm:
If you think this is about high skulls/R10, then you don't know what you are talking about.  Time to keep quiet and learn first or ask questions and learn first before spouting off your opinion)

isn't this the Vault?

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #54 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 10:58pm
Print Post  

Congrats on joining the mobo mouth-breather club of "If I can't do it, clearly it's impossible because I'm the bestest evah!" club.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #55 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 11:41pm
Print Post  

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/497858-Reaper-10-Curse-of-Strahd-Helte...

Not a full vid but they did it.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #56 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 1:29am
Print Post  

I suspected you were a shit player, thank you for confirming.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
I've been in plenty of R8-10 groups where skilled players were running low PL alts and they stilled rolled through missions far faster than even the average players with multi-pletionists do.  From what I've seen, most average players with mutli-plentionist toons generally avoid R8+ because they're at least smart enough to know not to bite off more than they can handle.

And yes, of course if you put a skilled player on a first lifer against a skilled player with a quadpletionist toon, there will be noticeable differences.  If there weren't, it would really make the TR train that people grind out a massive waste of time.  But that doesn't change the fact that at the end of the day, a top-tier player on a first-lifer is > a bad or even average player on a multi-pletionist.

Yeah I'm just freely distributing my frustation about this game. Other day a guy asked me how much you needed to start playing, on top of my head I thought at least 100 bucks or vip plus some bucks. But then I thought... he would have to farm EDs, lv up crafting, do some heroic TR and a dozen ETR. And at this point he would want to spend some more money in tomes and more content. After thinking I just said: no man, don't bother with this game, just play dota or something that values more quality of play over quantity. A lot of money to get started in DDO...
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2019 at 7:22pm by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #58 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 10:20am:
Yeah I'm just freely distributing my frustation about this game. Other day a guy asked me how much you needed to start playing, on top of my head I thought at least 100 bucks or vip plus some bucks. But then I thought... he would have to farm EDs, lv up crafting, do some heroic TR and a dozen ETR, all that while the older are also doing, but faster than him because they have more power thus lv faster, and unlimited acess to pots. And at this point he would want to spend some more money in tomes and more content. That's all without mentioning the gear grind, while today it's relatively easier than in the past, it still takes some time of effort, that can become a problem for non-vets. After thinking I just said: no man, don't bother with this game, just play dota or something that values more quality of play over quantity.

Yeah, this game definitely has some serious sprawl. 

If SSG had any marketing savvy at all (which they don't), they'd put together some "New Player Combo Packs" with the core adventure packs, some of the iconics, and maybe even some crafting mats or at least a non-shit set of gear for various levels.

Oh, and they'd fix the damned to nine hells hireling AI and give them hirelings some realistic survivability and defensive stuff.

Those two things would do wonders for making this game much more affordable and friendly to newbies.  But they'll never do it because one requires some marketing smarts and the other requires actual coding skill and work.

Instead, they think they're going to help new and casual players keep up by giving them an extra 200 hps while they give the end-gamers 1000 hps with the same "fix" lol.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 2:37pm
Print Post  

Seriously Ash... Huh

Impulsive jealousy or just a need for snark that couldn't be controlled?

IP Logged

acidpickachu
Waterworks Kobold

drugs not hugs

Reply #60 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 10:20am:
something that values more quality of play over quantity.

This is what escapes SSG.

This game has always been a grind game. They fail to even bother with mechanics that would make challenge based on skill, and instead make the quests just straight forward meatgrinders with required kills, and pathways that won't unlock until you kill x mob and y mob.

Instead of trying to improve melee's "second rate" status (LOL) by including more active gameplay, they listen to players who complain about not being able to do r10 on their under geared character that only has 2 hot bars and refuses to use clickies because "its hard"

The vast majority of players who are complaining about reaper survivability are those you will find in other threads commenting on how using even 1 or 2 defensive clickies is simply too much to handle for them.

Lets face it, most of the players refuse to give even minimal effort into trying to stay alive (positioning, tactics, clickies, gear layout), yet feel entitled to complete r10 with minimal effort. And those are the players the devs listen to the most.

Really sad, because I had hoped they were going to turn a new stone, but this buff (if it goes live) just shows that once again the developers can't think of anything besides arbitrary power creep.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #61 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 10:58pm:
Congrats on joining the mobo mouth-breather club of "If I can't do it, clearly it's impossible because I'm the bestest evah!" club.

Hmmm... Where did I say that?  That's some projecting there.   

Bigjunk wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 1:29am:
I suspected you were a shit player, thank you for confirming.

BigJunk had it right.   I'm not that good a player.   And never said I was.
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2018 at 9:13pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #62 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 6:09pm:

I know why a full video wasn't posted.  The real reason isn't that big a secret.  I just thought it would be fun to see who would take umbrage.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #63 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 2:37pm:
a need for snark that couldn't be controlled?

Ding Ding Ding.  We have a winner.   Cheesy Grin

IP Logged

acidpickachu
Waterworks Kobold

drugs not hugs

Reply #64 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 9:11pm:
I know why a full video wasn't posted.  The real reason isn't that big a secret.  I just thought it would be fun to see who would take umbrage.   

For those out of the loop...what is the 'secret'

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #65 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
acidpickachu wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 9:39pm:
For those out of the loop...what is the 'secret'

All those bigjunk deaths!   Truly shameful.  His guess that he is 43% moron is too low by half!  It was an act of mercy...

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #66 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 10:55pm:
All those bigjunk deaths!   Truly shameful.  His guess that he is 43% moron is too low by half!  It was an act of mercy...

Died twice, to spikes (3700 a shot).   Didn't die in combat, in R10 Shrahd. 

The reason a film wasn't posted is there's a certain other guild that HS didn't want to copy the strategy.  That and a 4 hours video is just nuts to post anyway.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #67 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 11:09pm:

The reason a film wasn't posted is there's a certain other guild that HS didn't want to copy the strategy.  That and a 4 hours video is just nuts to post anyway. 

That and the fact that Lynn went full crazy ex stalker mode on them after they declined her membership application.

The timing of Lynn going nuts on them and them posting the R10 completion then SSG suddenly deciding to muck around with ddoor in Strahd and the soulstone /stuck thing, which has been a thing for years, is pretty large coincidence.
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2018 at 1:39pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 1:04pm:
That and the fact that Lynn went full crazy ex stalker mode on them after they declined her membership application.

The timing of Lynn going nuts on them and them posting the R10 completion then SSG suddenly deciding to muck around with ddoor in Strahd and the soulstone /stuck thing, which has been a thing for years, is pretty large coincidence.

That alone is a glaring spotlight on how unprofessional the company is and shows lynn's age.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #69 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 3:14pm:
That alone is a glaring spotlight on how unprofessional the company is and shows lynn's age.

The funny thing is if she had approached Banned Camp we would have said yes.   

The idea of having a developer in a guild full of "convicted" cheaters and run by Teh_Troll . . . you can't say no to that.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 1:04pm:

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 3:30pm:
The funny thing is if she had approached Banned Camp we would have said yes.   

I'd join your guild anyday. i mean, who wouldnt wear a snuffaluffagus costume to bang a 1?

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #72 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 1:21pm:
fix the damned to nine hells hireling AI

At this point the AI is so fucked up by ten different fucking "rockstars" mucking about with it, the only way they could improve it was to have a SSG employee manually controlling them.

On second thought, not sure if that would actually be an improvement.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #73 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 5:30pm:
At this point the AI is so fucked up by ten different fucking "rockstars" mucking about with it, the only way they could improve it was to have a SSG employee manually controlling them.

On second thought, not sure if that would actually be an improvement.

Clearly, you haven't seen their live streams or you wouldn't say that in anything but jest.

IP Logged

tinkerer
Dirty Sock

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 11:09pm:

I'm 99.99% sure that a few things were used that have now been fixed. I wouldn't call them sploits, I'd call them developer oversights, personally. I'm pretty sure the strategy can't be replicated on live again.

This in no way shape or form diminishes their completion - personally I want to see a video because I get bored easily and apparently have too much time on my hands.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint