Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Things you miss from the 'Eberron Unlimited' era? (Read 46723 times)
Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Things you miss from the 'Eberron Unlimited' era?
Aug 13th, 2018 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Ive been watching some videos on Star Wars Galaxies and how it was the best before the CU/NGE changes. Reading peoples comments on what it was like. Got me thinking about ddo. I know its subjective but I actually preferred the Pre-MotU era. Eberron Unlimited went from the the f2p launch (Update 0 technically) to Update 13.
Or September 1, 2009 to June 24, 2012.

Wayward Lobster PvP Pit: Basically a social hub. For those who don't know. A lot of people use to chill in the Wayward Lobster pvp pit in the Harbor. After a day of questing or just chilling the entire day. This was the shit. During peak hours you would see around 20-40 people just chilling in the lobster. Met most of my friends here.

Level 20 endgame: The endgame was amazing. You had VoD, HoX, Reavers, VoN, DQ, Abbot, Chrono, Shroud, LoB, ToD. You had the scroll/seal/shard system. Dragontouched armor. Epic quests. +4 tomes were the max and were only obtained by high end raids.

Loot longevity: Before MotU loot lasted a very long time. Shroud items, ToD sets, Claw set, Chrono items, Epic SoS etc. lasted years. These days loot doesn't even last a year until you have to farm new ones.

The simplicity: Pre-MotU you only had Heroic past lives, levels 1-20. One epic difficulty. That was it. Now you got 10 epic levels, epic destiny's, racial, epic, iconic past lives, three epic difficulties and ten reaper difficulties. Seems very bloated and im honestly not sure how new players can catch up.

Character builds/quest design: Pre-MotU it was 'Holy Trinity'. Which allowed one to focus purely on dps since you usually had a dedicated healer. Single target dps builds were viable as well as any build that didn't have that much survivability. With MotU the quest designs changed to fighting giant packs of mobs one after the other. Ranged self healing aoe builds were king. Single target builds/buff bots were made irrelevant.

No Raid Timer Bypass: Nuff said.

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Re: Things you miss from the 'Eberron Unlimited' era?
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
The funny thing about the rose-tinted galaxies approach is everyone forgets how ass the game was at launch prior to JTL.

NGE completely changed the game, CU fixed the crappy combat imo. That being said both versions of the game had their merits. But in the end the game at the close was so vastly different than the initial NGE that anyone who complained at that point was just letting nostalgia cloud their judgment.

For DDO MotU was fine. It was High Roads when shit started to go downhill fast.
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2018 at 6:58pm by Edrein »  

IP Logged

Rickyretardo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 1:55am
Print Post  
Yeah, the game used to be based on PnP, miss those days.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #3 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 2:00am
Print Post  
I miss old epics because if your group wasn't good enough, you had miserable completions or straight up wiped. If your character was shitty, you got filtered from any decent groups via myDDO because it actually mattered how good the group was.

The implementation of difficulty settings in epics coupled with the daily ransack penalty reduction led to the ubiquity of "dailies" and the pussy-fication (for lack of a better word) of content being run, which I'm still convinced are a couple of the  biggest reasons most players who started post-motu never got good at the game.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #4 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 2:11am
Print Post  
underlevel bonus : you could really challenge quest difficulty trying to do quests with a party that was 5 level lower than the quest level and still have lots of fun and heaps of XP.

Level 20 : yeah definitely the best era of the game. And as the game is PnP based, every PnP player knows that D&D rules ( except for the old boxed D&D, but they had a hard limit at LVL 36  ) starts to unravel around LVL 20, and going above 20 just means that the GM needs to work a lot more to fix all the broken things.

Old Epics : again because doing them was challenging while being fun.

no permanent buff : no ship buff, the only buffs you could get were potions from the collecties and favor and they weren't long lasting. 

no Dungeon Scaling : Quests were scaled initially for a party of 6 and after a year for a party of 4 and that was it. If you wanted to solo you had to be able to handle mob sized for 4 to 6 people.

no Dungeon Alert : we all know that the real reason for that one is not to reduce lag. It's just a failled tentative to stop zerging to completion and that it's completely broken.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #5 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 11:30am
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 2:00am:
pussy-fication (for lack of a better word)

I would submit the idea that pussies are actually pretty resilient compared to scrotums. Scrotumogrification? Have to white board it.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #6 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
I miss old epics because if your group wasn't good enough, you had miserable completions or straight up wiped. If your character was shitty, you got filtered from any decent groups via myDDO because it actually mattered how good the group was.

Exactly! I still cant believe DDO is missing a simple 'Inspect' feature. We had to resort to using third party websites like YourDDO just to see who was gimp. Of course by playing the game so much you generally knew what classes were subpar anyways. Its a shame they removed MyDDO, no more inspect (not that its needed anymore).

The implementation of difficulty settings in epics coupled with the daily ransack penalty reduction led to the ubiquity of "dailies" and the pussy-fication (for lack of a better word) of content being run, which I'm still convinced are a couple of the  biggest reasons most players who started post-motu never got good at the game.

Post MotU you could simply run EH quests and EN raids and get all your gear. No need to improve yourself. Then add in the insta-epics (no seal/shard/scroll) and you got yourself one easy method of gearing.

Edrein wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 6:07pm:
The funny thing about the rose-tinted galaxies approach is everyone forgets how ass the game was at launch prior to JTL.

NGE completely changed the game, CU fixed the crappy combat imo. That being said both versions of the game had their merits. But in the end the game at the close was so vastly different than the initial NGE that anyone who complained at that point was just letting nostalgia cloud their judgment.

The combat definitely needed improving. From what ive seen CU broke some armors? Its a shame that they turned a unqiue sandbox mmo into a WoW clone...

For DDO MotU was fine. It was High Roads when shit started to go downhill fast.

The issue with MotU is that it destroyed the endgame. There still isnt an endgame like Pre-MotU.
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2018 at 7:57pm by Rose-tinted Goggles »  

DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #7 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 5:31am
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 7:52pm:
The issue with MotU is that it destroyed the endgame. There still isnt an endgame like Pre-MotU.

And there won't be for the foreseable future, as since Shadowfail ( more or less ) each new Module equipment obsoletes the previous module equipment.
The lack of decent endgame just feed the (EIH)TR Hamster Wheel

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #8 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 5:31am:
And there won't be for the foreseable future, as since Shadowfail ( more or less ) each new Module equipment obsoletes the previous module equipment.
The lack of decent endgame just feed the (EIH)TR Hamster Wheel

Agreed.  They built a system where:

ToD - Rings
Stealer of Souls - DT Armor
Shroud - Weapons  and accessory crafting for specific needs
Chrono - Set bonuses for both DPS and Caster
6 Man Epics - Each pack had 2-3 items that BiS for one or more builds.
VoD & Hox & Reavers Fate - Easy to run raids with some base level functional items and a BiS item or two (Madstone boots, Tharnes, etc)

Chase items:  ESoS, ERoSS, EMarilith Chain, PLIS, etc.

With +3 and +4 tomes as the kicker for continuing runs even when you had the gear.  As they were in the 20th list and, thus, were attainable in game.

Until LoB and Alchem weapons, they didn't completely invalidate any prior content with new content.   Even then, they only partially stepped on Shroud Weapons.  Shroud weapons had flexibility, if not power, and shroud accessory options were still either BiS (Conc Opp for example) or really really useful. 

Until they can figure out how to stagger the loot again like that and build an end game library, it will be tough to have a sustainable end game of any duration.   

Even then, a big part of the duration was the gating.   6 man epics had a 1 day timer.   Raids had 3 day timer.  No bypasses.   No chest re-rolls.  That encouraged alting and the combination of running some characters at cap every day and running some PL's every day.   But it naturally took longer to acquire gear.  So content didn't get run into the ground so fast.   And the gap between your 40 hour per week + gamers and your 15-25 hour gamers was not so large.  The 40+ hour guys just had more alts that were better geared. 

But they can't undo chest reroll or bypass timers or implement 6 man timers.  So I'm not sure you can ever go back.  Even with a good, layered loot strategy.  People are just burning through content too quickly.

IP Logged

Friendship
Korthos Resident

Love me! Please?

Reply #9 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
1) The raffles - I still have a host of free hearts kicking around from them
2) Mobs and players being equal - I did about the same amount of damage as a mob did, which meant HP and damage were in line with each other
3) Armor looked realistic - Female armor didn't look like lingerie, it looked like it would be useful. Male armor looked useful, not so cumbersome you couldn't fight.

That being said, the level sigils were abysmal.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #10 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Friendship wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 12:06pm:
That being said, the level sigils were abysmal.

Those were only around from Sept 2009 to Feb 2010.   But yeah.  That wasn't the best idea.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #11 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 11:34am:
Until LoB and Alchem weapons, they didn't completely invalidate any prior content with new content.   Even then, they only partially stepped on Shroud Weapons.  Shroud weapons had flexibility, if not power, and shroud accessory options were still either BiS (Conc Opp for example) or really really useful.

Funny enough it was really only an upgrade for casters and monks. For THF's you had esos. For TWF's it really just came down to 6% doublestrike and being able to pen devil DR without needing an arti. You would off-hand the Triple Air for the 6% doublestrike and use the lit 2 on main hand since it dealt more dps. If you didnt have damage mods above 17 it was actually worse to use a alchemical but any decent melee had this. This slight improvement didnt seem worth grinding LoB. So a ton of people didnt bother.

Asheras wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 11:34am:
Until they can figure out how to stagger the loot again like that and build an end game library, it will be tough to have a sustainable end game of any duration.   

Even then, a big part of the duration was the gating.   6 man epics had a 1 day timer.   Raids had 3 day timer.  No bypasses.   No chest re-rolls.  That encouraged alting and the combination of running some characters at cap every day and running some PL's every day.   But it naturally took longer to acquire gear.  So content didn't get run into the ground so fast.   And the gap between your 40 hour per week + gamers and your 15-25 hour gamers was not so large.  The 40+ hour guys just had more alts that were better geared. 

But they can't undo chest reroll or bypass timers or implement 6 man timers.  So I'm not sure you can ever go back.  Even with a good, layered loot strategy.  People are just burning through content too quickly.

Its a shame DDO turned into an unlimited leveling treadmill. 

2) Mobs and players being equal - I did about the same amount of damage as a mob did, which meant HP and damage were in line with each other

This is the reason why I cant play current DDO. The old epic was very well balanced. The average mob hit for 70-80 damage. Players had on average 500 HP. 80 damage hurt but it takes 6+ shots to kill you. With current Reaper and LH/LE difficulties it seems like total cheese getting 1-2 shot. 

1) That being said, the level sigils were abysmal.

They removed those very early on. Also they weren't thaaaat bad (at least the bronze/silver ones). Whenever I was locked out of taking my level I would just farm Recovering the Lost Tome in the Harbor. Would usually get mine after 2-4 runs. Although that was the Silver Sigil. Luckily they removed the sigils before I needed the gold/plat ones.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
I miss the plat economy. Fuck astral shards.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Pretty much everything about the game was better back then IMO. MoTU was where everything started going downhill.

I'm still not a huge fan of the heroic-epic split. Now it feels like there are three games that people are playing: the heroic TR hamsterwheel (1-19), the Epic/Iconic Reincarnation hamsterwheel (20-29), and endgame grinding (level 30). While there was technically still a heroic and epic split pre MoTU, it didn't feel that the playerbase was as divided as it currently is. Back then it still felt like we were all playing the same game, at least.

One of the biggest problems post-MoTU is the schizophrenic difficulty of the game, and this comes in multiple forms. The first is obviously monster champions, which is terrible game design because it's random, sporadic spikes in difficulty, instead of just making the whole quest marginally more difficult across the board. I understand wanting to make things more difficult, but having 90% of monsters unchanged while making the remaining 10% monsters hit for 10x as much and have 2x as much hp is a stupid way of doing that. Another problem is that difficulty of post-MoTU quests makes no sense when you compare them with pre-MoTU quests. Tower of Frost, for instance, is a level 14 quest which 1) is like 3x as long as old quests like Necro 4 or Gianthold 2) gives half as much experience as those quests and 3) has monsters which are twice as hard as those other quests, and appear in groups twice as big. Same problem with other newer quest/packs like ToEE, Slavers, Archons, Devil's Gambit, Tethyamar, etc.

Raid timers were also an awful idea as I think most here agree.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Tower of Frost

I don't think there is a quest where the trash hits so hard. it's like tempest spine trash.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Zehnpai
Waterworks Kobold

(◕‿◕✿)

Reply #15 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
I miss the game hemorrhaging hundreds of players a day because there was literally nothing to do but farm Shroud for the millionth time.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #16 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Pretty much everything about the game was better back then IMO. MoTU was where everything started going downhill.

Yup. A DDO Classic Server would be amazing. If done properly I think it would be successful. Just look at all the other MMOs doing it. Rift, WoW, Runescape, Everquest, etc. The latest patch would be Update 13. The funny thing is as soon as you mention this on the shit mobos people run you off as if you're a lunatic. We are the vocal minority since the majority of those who even played Pre-MotU aren't playing anymore. One major issue working against the classic server are peoples mentalities. They're used to instant gratification (raid bypasses, re-rolls, no epic quest lockout, insta-epics). Considering it takes years to get max geared Pre-MotU they would lose their minds and ragequit.

Quote:
I'm still not a huge fan of the heroic-epic split. Now it feels like there are three games that people are playing: the heroic TR hamsterwheel (1-19), the Epic/Iconic Reincarnation hamsterwheel (20-29), and endgame grinding (level 30). While there was technically still a heroic and epic split pre MoTU, it didn't feel that the playerbase was as divided as it currently is. Back then it still felt like we were all playing the same game, at least.

I still have no clue how a new player approaches current DDO. Its a bloated mess. Add in the terrible f2p model (very outdated now) and you probably have 5% or worse new player retention. How are they supposed to catch up? Pre-MotU it was much easier for new players to catch up. Basically as soon as they hit 20 they can run the majority of raids. Even dabble into some easier epic quests like BoB and VoN 1/2.

Quote:
One of the biggest problems post-MoTU is the schizophrenic difficulty of the game, and this comes in multiple forms. The first is obviously monster champions, which is terrible game design because it's random, sporadic spikes in difficulty, instead of just making the whole quest marginally more difficult across the board. I understand wanting to make things more difficult, but having 90% of monsters unchanged while making the remaining 10% monsters hit for 10x as much and have 2x as much hp is a stupid way of doing that. Another problem is that difficulty of post-MoTU quests makes no sense when you compare them with pre-MoTU quests. Tower of Frost, for instance, is a level 14 quest which 1) is like 3x as long as old quests like Necro 4 or Gianthold 2) gives half as much experience as those quests and 3) has monsters which are twice as hard as those other quests, and appear in groups twice as big. Same problem with other newer quest/packs like ToEE, Slavers, Archons, Devil's Gambit, Tethyamar, etc.

MotU and on destroyed single target builds/buff bots/healers. Then incentivized the ranged aoe self healing builds. Eventually went full retard with the power creep to where getting 1 shot is the new "challenge". Its a shame really.

Zehnpai wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 7:27pm:
I miss the game hemorrhaging hundreds of players a day because there was literally nothing to do but farm Shroud pastlives for the millionth time.

Fixed. I think you've mistaken then for now.
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2018 at 8:10pm by Rose-tinted Goggles »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 8:04pm:
I still have no clue how a new player approaches current DDO. Its a bloated mess. Add in the terrible f2p model (very outdated now) and you probably have 5% or worse new player retention. How are they supposed to catch up? Pre-MotU it was much easier for new players to catch up. Basically as soon as they hit 20 they can run the majority of raids. Even dabble into some easier epic quests like BoB and VoN 1/2.

they never will. this is coming from someone who knows the game, builds, gearing, etc, and it is my third time in 3 years that I am starting over. everyone does r1 now, a new player wont do shit there. they will just leave.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #18 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 9:34pm:
they never will. this is coming from someone who knows the game, builds, gearing, etc, and it is my third time in 3 years that I am starting over. everyone does r1 now, a new player wont do shit there. they will just leave.

I completely forgot R1 is the new elite when leveling. People were bitching on the mobos since bravery bonus was added (2011?) about how only running elite will hurt new players. With Champions and now R1 I’m positive the new player retention is close to zero. I was lucky enough to start a month after the f2p launch so korthos was busy. Must be a ghost town now.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #19 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 9:34pm:

Shrugs. I was totally new player 2 years ago. Was amazed to see 500 hp in middle heroics or warlocs carrying r1. First life was totally painful. I had no hp, I did shit damage, wasnt able to do traps (18-2 ranger rog) and got carried all day long. Than I readen wiki a lot, farmed some gear and made actually pretty tolerable warchanter bard. Than I leveled up cannith crafting, made and farm some more gear and starting my 3d life ever I start to play reaper-only myself. I was wise enough not to run epics till I manage to get some pastlifes, gear and actual playing skill. And look at all the "vets". Playing heroics with borelocks only and not higher than r1, and most perform VERY decent on epics. They are cought in endless TR loop, thinking pastlifes will make them gods. Most skilled and good players I know are not triple-everything. Yet I can agree this game is totally not noob-friendly. Its not free to play if you want catch up, as minimum you need subscription. Ravenloft gear made it easier to gear up but if you hunting for best numbers there still a lot of farm inaccaptable for any casual player.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #20 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 8:04pm:
I still have no clue how a new player approaches current DDO.

Obviously the answer is to roll out a couple of hundred bucks and buy iconics, adventure packs, and enough AS to get into some decent gear, plus level crafting up to high levels.

But yeah, personally I tend to think the shitty customer service and completely toxic community has more to do with derailing new player retention.

A while back, I tried out a game called Archeage. I really enjoyed it, I shelled out $150 for a premium membership and a bunch of perks, spent a lot of time reading forums, wikis, etc, learning about the game and how to be good at it.

Then I got high-enough level to experience the horrific griefing that dominated the game. You can solo basically the whole way to level cap, so I hadn't experienced much interaction before then. The in-game community rates a solid "Lake Karachay" on the toxicity scale. Long story short, I quit playing immediately after a bad griefing encounter and cancled my account within hours. I then contacted customer service about a potential refund, it took them 2 weeks to get back to me with a generic form response. I will never play that game again or any game by that company.

DDO is lucky not to have issues with griefing, but the motherboards are pretty high up there on the toxicity scale.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Back when I joined the game about 8 years ago, I could always find groups for normal or hard difficulty, with other players who were willing to run with my gimped ass, due to themselves also being newer. We had a lot of fun, and because the game wasn't split into 3 games, veterans also grouped with newer players routinely.

But bravery bonus, champions, and then reaper difficulty were all terrible missteps which make the game very prohibitive towards new players. Veterans ONLY run elite or reaper these days, so there are almost no groups, if any, for lower difficulties.

Thus, when a newbie steps into DDO for the first time and finds that he can't find any groups for difficulties where the monsterd don't one shot him, he very well may lose interest in the "massively multiplayer" game. But how do you even fix this problem? I'm not sure if there is a solution. DDO sort of crossed its rubicon in multiple aspects IMO.

IP Logged

Rickyretardo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Back when I joined the game about 8 years ago, I could always find groups for normal or hard difficulty, with other players who were willing to run with my gimped ass, due to themselves also being newer. We had a lot of fun, and because the game wasn't split into 3 games, veterans also grouped with newer players routinely.

But bravery bonus, champions, and then reaper difficulty were all terrible missteps which make the game very prohibitive towards new players. Veterans ONLY run elite or reaper these days, so there are almost no groups, if any, for lower difficulties.

Thus, when a newbie steps into DDO for the first time and finds that he can't find any groups for difficulties where the monsterd don't one shot him, he very well may lose interest in the "massively multiplayer" game. But how do you even fix this problem? I'm not sure if there is a solution. DDO sort of crossed its rubicon in multiple aspects IMO.

In other games veterans are not 2000% better than a new player with "blue" gear. This is some of the attraction of DDO for us vets, but the gap gets bigger every time Cordovan and his gang of hacks invents a new grind.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #23 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 12:57am
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 5:44pm:
Things you miss from the 'Eberron Unlimited' era?

Linking DR breakers.

Though I recently joined a heroic r1 chrono and the leader actually asked for it. I was on a caster, and I had none! Ouch.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #24 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 1:00am
Print Post  
Back in the time with the stuff, I did things. Now I don't do those things, because the stuff and reasons.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
Send TopicPrint