Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Things you miss from the 'Eberron Unlimited' era? (Read 46853 times)
Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Re: Things you miss from the 'Eberron Unlimited' era?
Reply #150 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Quote:
no just troll and help folk, any internet tough guy routine is just a perception that idiots seem to have when they are getting trolled or they are bitching about something stupid like an exploit getting fixed. i'm guessing you're the guy that bitches publicly about exploits getting fixed that i make fun of every time he pops up? because you seem that type of idiot.

Sure, whatever you say.  Thanks for proving my point.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #151 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:
When has any company that added to their product ever foreseen the consequences of it's action? That's trying to put them on god level shit. I don't know of anybody that's ever implemented a thing that didn't fuck up somewhere on the line and create unintended results. Pepsi fuckin Crystal dude.

You are the reason that desiccant packages have "DO NOT EAT" written on them.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #152 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 31st, 2018 at 3:00pm:
You are the reason that desiccant packages have "DO NOT EAT" written on them.

I'd say he's living proof that eating one or two desiccant packages won't kill you. Unfortunately.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #153 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The game would be shit if it never changed

There's taking a dump now & then, and then there's shoving Alka-Seltzer up your ass and playing volcano. Then there's the kind of plop, plop, shit fizz show SSG is.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Please Complete
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #154 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
bwwwaaahahahahahhhaahahahhaah

there was no need for healer Pre MOTU

pajama tanked Harry alternating stonedust and DR breakers after everyone else got one shotted

took me a minute but I beat him down and carried everyone to the shrine

anyhow... it might not have been holy trinity but it was always a specialty build required i.e. shadow tank for ToD, intimitank for HoX, water walker for Abbot, disco ball for DA, etc etc etc

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #155 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Please Complete wrote on Aug 31st, 2018 at 5:25pm:
pajama tanked Harry alternating stonedust and DR breakers after everyone else got one shotted

...I find this story HIGHLY suspect. Unless Harry was so close to dead that the dots were going to take him out anyway, there is no build even post MOTU with enough DPS to solo him in "a minute".

So I am calling bullshit on that.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #156 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Digimonk, i don't get what your point is that i'm proving other than you don't know what points are.

Frank, if you're gonna take a shot at someone make it better than an slightly more eloquent "ur stoopid" please, it's lame and classless.

Nom, quit sucking anybody's dick that you agree with, it's also not a classy move bro.

Rev, like everybody else you speak a tough game but you're still talking about SSG at all which means they must be doing something right for them to even exist for you to shit on everything they do like a lame star wars fanboy complaining that the new star wars is both too much like the old star wars and not enough like the old star wars because it wasn't the original star wars like you can't decide what you actually hate about it you just don't like it because that's the popular opinion of hypercritical folk you want to feel a kinship with. That's the sadness that is the vault, a bunch of crotchety knowitalls who aren't any better than the people they claim to despise saying how things should have been when it'd be 20x fuckin worse if they had their way who's only bright spot of joy was circumventing the rules and now you're all just bored because there's no great exploit to hang around on.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #157 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Nom, quit sucking anybody's dick

Quit eating desiccant packets. It's not healthy.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #158 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
i'd wager you had to look up what desiccant packets were on google before you reposted someone else's lame jab twice o.o

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #159 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
I don't know what a desiccant packet is.  I don't care to look it up.  If I had to guess, I'd say it something like a Tide Packet or Cascade Packet.  A water dissolving packet that holds a detergent of some kind.  I've heard stories of kids doing Tide packet challenges and eating them while posting the vid on youtube, instagram or snapchat.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #160 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 7:09pm
Print Post  

Gotta love those days where lag and cheese blades wiped your raid. Thats something that really pissed me off back then. Since the population was much higher the lag was ridiculous. How can you have a competitive endgame when your biggest challenge is lag. Same thing happened when DoJ launched in 2016. The lag was fucking stupid. Then the devs put in that cheese explosion thing at the end where the indicators didnt even indicate where the explosion was going to be. 

anyhow... it might not have been holy trinity but it was always a specialty build required i.e. shadow tank for ToD, intimitank for HoX, water walker for Abbot, disco ball for DA, etc etc etc

You never needed a water walker. People were just too lazy to do it properly. Also with HoX you could get away with just a solid fog clicky for tanking. At least on easier diffs.

Quote:
Digimonk, i don't get what your point is that i'm proving other than you don't know what points are.

Frank, if you're gonna take a shot at someone make it better than an slightly more eloquent "ur stoopid" please, it's lame and classless.

Nom, quit sucking anybody's dick that you agree with, it's also not a classy move bro.

Rev, like everybody else you speak a tough game but you're still talking about SSG at all which means they must be doing something right for them to even exist for you to shit on everything they do like a lame star wars fanboy complaining that the new star wars is both too much like the old star wars and not enough like the old star wars because it wasn't the original star wars like you can't decide what you actually hate about it you just don't like it because that's the popular opinion of hypercritical folk you want to feel a kinship with. That's the sadness that is the vault, a bunch of crotchety knowitalls who aren't any better than the people they claim to despise saying how things should have been when it'd be 20x fuckin worse if they had their way who's only bright spot of joy was circumventing the rules and now you're all just bored because there's no great exploit to hang around on.

Can you do me next?

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #161 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Aug 31st, 2018 at 7:09pm:
Can you do me next?

Sure. You're just a nostalgist like everybody in generation nobody gives a fuck that will always pine for that first experience that you had and hates anything changing or anything new because it somehow taints that perfect vision of what you used to have. You're that guy that complains when the next release of final fantasy comes out because it's systems aren't as cool as the one before it but you'd bitch it to death if it were just a rehash of the same shit you had before. Otherwise you're not much of a prick about it.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #162 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 31st, 2018 at 5:31pm:
there is no build even post MOTU with enough DPS to solo him in "a minute"

I remember one shotting him once, about 5 minutes later the instance stopped lagging and I grabbed my loot.

Aside from that stacking wraps damage bug I don't know of any pre-motu pajama builds that had the AC to tank Harry and dish out top tier damage at the same time.
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2018 at 8:35pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #163 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Sure. You're just a nostalgist like everybody in generation nobody gives a fuck that will always pine for that first experience that you had and hates anything changing or anything new because it somehow taints that perfect vision of what you used to have. You're that guy that complains when the next release of final fantasy comes out because it's systems aren't as cool as the one before it but you'd bitch it to death if it were just a rehash of the same shit you had before. Otherwise you're not much of a prick about it.

Appreciate it my dude. I know classic had issues. Just like current has issues. I believe by looking at the sum of its parts, classic is better.

Munkenmo wrote on Aug 31st, 2018 at 8:32pm:
I remember one shotting him once, about 5 minutes later the instance stopped lagging and I grabbed my loot.

Aside from that stacking wraps damage bug I don't know of any pre-motu pajama builds that had the AC to tank Harry and dish out top tier damage at the same time.

There were none. You had to sacrifice back then. Any build focusing on defence were wet noodles.  AC builds, intimi tanks, hamp builds etc. 

DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Please Complete
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #164 - Sep 1st, 2018 at 9:55am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 31st, 2018 at 5:31pm:
...I find this story HIGHLY suspect. Unless Harry was so close to dead that the dots were going to take him out anyway, there is no build even post MOTU with enough DPS to solo him in "a minute".

So I am calling bullshit on that.

You are the special kind of stupid aren't you.

Took me a minute, is an expression meaning it took a while.

IP Logged

Please Complete
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #165 - Sep 1st, 2018 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Aug 31st, 2018 at 7:09pm:
You never needed a water walker. People were just too lazy to do it properly. Also with HoX you could get away with just a solid fog clicky for tanking. At least on easier diffs.

If you wanted to be accepted into all the cool guilds raids, you needed to have these builds I should have said I reckon since no one here seems able to connect two brain cells together.

I mean you could also build a plinker and jump up on top of the wall and shoot Harry down from a safe spot too but we were talking about the need or lack of the holy trinity in DDO not how to cheese or not cheese every quest. Do try and keep up children.
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2018 at 10:03am by Please Complete »  

IP Logged

Please Complete
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #166 - Sep 1st, 2018 at 10:00am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Aug 31st, 2018 at 8:32pm:

Shadow Fade evasion builds didn't need AC, in fact AC was kind of useless back then unless you were 100% full tilt on it

Never said "top tier" damage - ya'll don't get out much do ya? don't even know what the expression "took a minute" means...  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #167 - Sep 1st, 2018 at 10:32am
Print Post  
bwwwaaahahahahahhhaahahahhaah

there was no need for healer Pre MOTU

All of those examples are completely false.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #168 - Sep 1st, 2018 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Rev, like everybody else you speak a tough game but you're still talking about SSG at all which means they must be doing something right for them to even exist for you to shit on everything they do like a lame star wars fanboy complaining that the new star wars is both too much like the old star wars and not enough like the old star wars because it wasn't the original star wars like you can't decide what you actually hate about it you just don't like it because that's the popular opinion of hypercritical folk you want to feel a kinship with.

I gotta say, that's a big sentence.

Concerning SSG, of course they've done some good things. If they never did anything good, nobody'd care when they proceed to splat shit all over it. Does that make DDO Shit-Vesuvius, and the Vault Crusty-Pompeii, except everyone's frozen in poses of rage & disappointment? Sure. That seems about accurate.

You say they've stopped erupting? That's beautiful, man. Go build another happy town at the foot of this disaster. It can't happen twice, right? So ... what the fuck are you visiting Crusty-Pompeii for?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #169 - Sep 1st, 2018 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 1st, 2018 at 5:23pm:
I gotta say, that's a big sentence.

Concerning SSG, of course they've done some good things. If they never did anything good, nobody'd care when they proceed to splat shit all over it. Does that make DDO Shit-Vesuvius, and the Vault Crusty-Pompeii, except everyone's frozen in poses of rage & disappointment? Sure. That seems about accurate.

You say they've stopped erupting? That's beautiful, man. Go build another happy town at the foot of this disaster. It can't happen twice, right? So ... what the fuck are you visiting Crusty-Pompeii for?

The same reason there is even a so called Crusty-Pompeii. Boredom inbetween doing things I enjoy and stirring up the shit. A little schadenfreude at the fact that you all more or less shit on yourselves and are the reason you're stuck in your rage filled positions in this analogy. Sometimes it's amusing you guys ganging up on some of the forum regulars. Your build section is less retarded than the main forum for the most part.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #170 - Sep 1st, 2018 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
Please Complete wrote on Sep 1st, 2018 at 9:58am:
but we were talking about the need or lack of the holy trinity in DDO.

It was not that bad at least by 2011. You only really needed a dedicated tank for LoB. A heavy melee could tank anything but LoB without issue.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #171 - Sep 1st, 2018 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
If you wanted to be accepted into all the cool guilds raids, you needed to have these builds

They arent special builds tho. Shadow tank; Any caster with fire shield. Water walker; Pure cleric or dark monk, Epic DA; All casters had to have CC for epics, HoX; Solid fog clicky, Epic DQ; Spartan method

we were talking about the need or lack of the holy trinity in DDO

Pre-motu it was really just Healers, then every other class. You never needed a dedicated tank besides eLob, elite tod, eChrono. Dedicated tank meaning any build that could hold aggro and not die. Intimitanks were garbage. They were super niche and yet geared barbs did their job better.
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2018 at 11:54pm by Rose-tinted Goggles »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #172 - Sep 2nd, 2018 at 2:37am
Print Post  
Quote:
Digimonk, i don't get what your point is

Of course you don't.  Racists don't usually think they're racist.  They just think they're right.  Stupid people don't usually think they're stupid.  People posting incorrect things which they know nothing about usually don't think they're incorrect.  Etc., etc.

For that reason, I have no doubt you'll keep on posting stupid, incorrect trollish stuff.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #173 - Sep 2nd, 2018 at 6:10am
Print Post  
List me one racist that doesn't think they're racist.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #174 - Sep 2nd, 2018 at 9:14am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 2nd, 2018 at 2:37am:
Of course you don't.  Racists don't usually think they're racist.  They just think they're right.  Stupid people don't usually think they're stupid.  People posting incorrect things which they know nothing about usually don't think they're incorrect.  Etc., etc.

For that reason, I have no doubt you'll keep on posting stupid, incorrect trollish stuff.

Continuing to call me stupid and incorrect doesn't actually make me stupid and incorrect but it's ok as you said people who are a thing don't know they are a thing, like you seem to be butthurt and sad about god knows what but you don't know that you're butthurt and sad. Which is why you're here, because you're searching for that butthurt sadness cause and you're not finding it and so you lash out at anybody that causes you more sad butthurt.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14
Send TopicPrint