Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Things you miss from the 'Eberron Unlimited' era? (Read 46903 times)
Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Re: Things you miss from the 'Eberron Unlimited' era?
Reply #175 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 1:43am
Print Post  
Quote:
The same reason there is even a so called Crusty-Pompeii. Boredom inbetween doing things I enjoy and stirring up the shit. A little schadenfreude at the fact that you all more or less shit on yourselves and are the reason you're stuck in your rage filled positions in this analogy.

Brother!
Smiley

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #176 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 8:33am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Sep 2nd, 2018 at 6:10am:
List me one racist that doesn't think they're racist.

Anyone who really thinks that Trump is Making America Great Again.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #177 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 8:57am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 3rd, 2018 at 8:33am:

rekt

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

TornadoJoe
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #178 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 3rd, 2018 at 8:33am:

My portfolio is doing amazing!

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #179 - Sep 4th, 2018 at 6:43am
Print Post  
TornadoJoe wrote on Sep 3rd, 2018 at 6:51pm:
My portfolio is doing amazing!

It’s cute that you think there is causation between Trump and the return on your portfolio.   Such ignorance among the voting population is disappointing.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #180 - Sep 4th, 2018 at 6:52am
Print Post  
Well there's some causation, the market is getting excited for no reason that trump is ripping up every regulation he can get his hands on that keeps corporations from raping the american public. The problem is when none of those regulations he ripped up actually cause anything significant to change and the market corrects back to show how shit an idea it was to get excited in the first place. Kinda like how everybody's getting all worked up in a frenzy about this HP buff change without seeing what's gonna come of it later on. There, i made it kinda about ddo and changes. Real fuckin lazy like. I'd bail on those stocks when they hit a good peak though.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #181 - Sep 4th, 2018 at 8:21am
Print Post  
Quote:
Well there's some causation, the market is getting excited for no reason that trump is ripping up every regulation he can get his hands on that keeps corporations from raping the american public. The problem is when none of those regulations he ripped up actually cause anything significant to change and the market corrects back to show how shit an idea it was to get excited in the first place. Kinda like how everybody's getting all worked up in a frenzy about this HP buff change without seeing what's gonna come of it later on. There, i made it kinda about ddo and changes. Real fuckin lazy like. I'd bail on those stocks when they hit a good peak though.

There is certainly an aspect of the market that is speculative.   But corporate earnings, which still drive most of the stock prices, are staying strong and growing.   

Of course, most of the investing populace are small net worth investors in index mutual funds and the like who understand as much about the market as they do the weather.  And consider their portfolio's performance completely dependent on outside forces that they don't understand, much like the weather.  In this scenario, it is easy to convince them of simplistic voodoo superstitions like "Trump is good for my 401k".   That's easy and makes them feel like they have some control over something uncontrollable.  I can vote for Trump and my money will continue to grow!!!

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #182 - Sep 4th, 2018 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 4th, 2018 at 6:43am:
It’s cute that you think there is causation between Trump and the return on your portfolio.   Such ignorance among the voting population is disappointing.

Well to be fair his tax reform allowed record share buybacks and dividend increases pushing stocks up higher.

His "trade war" has pushed the markets down, especially china. However revenue keeps growing so the S&P keeps going up (mostly due to FAANG stocks tho).

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #183 - Sep 4th, 2018 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Sep 4th, 2018 at 10:17am:
Well to be fair his tax reform allowed record share buybacks and dividend increases pushing stocks up higher.

That is technically the 115th U.S. Congress' tax reform, but sure.   He didn't veto it.  So give him all the credit.  It's pretty standard to let the POTUS grab the marketing wins on stuff like this.  Despite the reality.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #184 - Sep 4th, 2018 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
This thread took an interesting turn.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #185 - Sep 4th, 2018 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Continuing to call me stupid and incorrect doesn't actually make me stupid and incorrect but it's ok as you said people who are a thing don't know they are a thing, like you seem to be butthurt and sad about god knows what but you don't know that you're butthurt and sad. Which is why you're here, because you're searching for that butthurt sadness cause and you're not finding it and so you lash out at anybody that causes you more sad butthurt.

Applying that same logic to your own statements doesn't end well for you.  Repeatedly claiming you're not stupid and not trolling doesn't actually make it true.

I've seen your idiocy in the DDO Discord channel first hand.  Repeatedly.  You're an overly obvious troll.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #186 - Sep 4th, 2018 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Sep 2nd, 2018 at 6:10am:
List me one racist that doesn't think they're racist.

History is full of them.  There are entire, racist organizations who constantly claim "we're not racist, we're just protecting bs_excuse_92342".

Here's a starting point:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_white_nationalist_organizations

I'm sure some of the organizations in that list are honest about what they are, but plent of them claim to not be racist.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #187 - Sep 4th, 2018 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 4th, 2018 at 2:18pm:
Repeatedly claiming you're not stupid and not trolling doesn't actually make it true.

I have to disagree on this point. It's not just that practice makes perfect. Repetition makes truth.

But I guess maybe you were talking about objective reality....

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #188 - Sep 4th, 2018 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 4th, 2018 at 3:50pm:
It's not just that practice makes perfect. Repetition makes truth.

This is top tier motivational shit right here.

Quote:
The most powerful force in the human psyche is how we describe ourselves to ourselves.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

TornadoJoe
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #189 - Sep 4th, 2018 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Well I took a little hit today on my Nike stock BUT it was still up 30% since the beginning of the year. Now to invest in Under Armour
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2018 at 4:53pm by TornadoJoe »  

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #190 - Sep 4th, 2018 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
TornadoJoe wrote on Sep 4th, 2018 at 4:51pm:
Well I took a little hit today on my Nike stock BUT it was still up 30% since the beginning of the year. Now to invest in Under Armour

Nike was a steal at 55$. Now its just way too overpriced much like the overall market. My sub to FASTgraphs ran out recently so I cant check if UAA is overpriced. Best of luck!

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #191 - Sep 4th, 2018 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
I missed people laughing at my gear and declining me for groups.  Was comical to make sure I kept 6 to 8 lvl gear just to have on for the website to see.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #192 - Sep 4th, 2018 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 4th, 2018 at 2:18pm:
Applying that same logic to your own statements doesn't end well for you.  Repeatedly claiming you're not stupid and not trolling doesn't actually make it true.

I've seen your idiocy in the DDO Discord channel first hand.  Repeatedly.  You're an overly obvious troll.

Reading isn't your strong suit so I don't know what to put here.

You say I'm an idiot but that's just your butthurt perception of me and you're entitled to that position because this is a safe space for you and snowflakes need their safe spaces. You haven't actually pointed out why I'm stupid.

So I can only take it that I threaten your inadequate feelings of intelligence. Also I never claimed anything about not being a troll, which is where I most question your capability at reading comprehension and reasoning skills. But no do go on please and continue to showcase your mentally handicap level analytical skills. It's what you're known for here apparently.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #193 - Sep 4th, 2018 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
I've got it! Digimonk is actually Titan, which explains the inadequacies, delusions of grandeur, and general dislikeability. Possibly latent homosexuality. Not that that's a bad thing, but a closet case can turn ugly with self loathing and outward misdirection of negative perceptions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #194 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 1:15am
Print Post  
Quote:
I've got it! Digimonk is actually Titan, which explains the inadequacies, delusions of grandeur, and general dislikeability. Possibly latent homosexuality. Not that that's a bad thing, but a closet case can turn ugly with self loathing and outward misdirection of negative perceptions. 

The 90s called and would like their juvenile, homophobic insults back.  Are you twelve years old?  What are you going to post next, "Huhhuh, you're gay! Burn!"?

If that's the best insults you could come up with, you're going downhill fast.  Every time you post stupid drivel like this, you prove me right.
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2018 at 1:18am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #195 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 1:50am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 1:15am:
The 90s called and would like their juvenile, homophobic insults back.  Are you twelve years old?  What are you going to post next, "Huhhuh, you're gay! Burn!"?

If that's the best insults you could come up with, you're going downhill fast.  Every time you post stupid drivel like this, you prove me right.

Yep, you're totally that little toady wannabe internet badass.  Or just a miscellaneous toady wannabe internet badass. It's really a tossup.

Also love how you glossed over everything else i said and went right for the wrong part to prove how bad at reading words you are.
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2018 at 1:56am by »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #196 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Quote:
Yep, you're totally that little toady wannabe internet badass.  Or just a miscellaneous toady wannabe internet badass. It's really a tossup.

Also love how you glossed over everything else i said and went right for the wrong part to prove how bad at reading words you are.

Someone keeps getting triggered.
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2018 at 9:24am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #197 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 9:23am:
Someone keeps getting triggered.

You'd have to register to me to come close to triggering me XD

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #198 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Your parents not hug you enough digimonk? too many hugs? the wrong kind of hugs? were the hugs too long and it made you feel funny?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #199 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Now the thread is back on track.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14
Send TopicPrint