Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Things you miss from the 'Eberron Unlimited' era? (Read 46995 times)
Dwarven Zoo Keeper
Korthos Resident

I Love llama's!

Re: Things you miss from the 'Eberron Unlimited' era?
Reply #275 - Sep 28th, 2018 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
I was promised clever and I was disappointed.

Well someone has to feed the trolls...

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #276 - Sep 28th, 2018 at 2:19pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #277 - Sep 29th, 2018 at 1:32am
Print Post  
Dwarven Zoo Keeper wrote on Sep 28th, 2018 at 2:10pm:
I was promised clever and I was disappointed.

Disappointing people is about the only thing he's good at apparently.  I'm guessing it started with his mother at birth and went downhill from there. 

Now's he's ended up trying to look cool here and still failing all over the place..  Pretty sad really

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #278 - Sep 29th, 2018 at 10:17am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #279 - Sep 29th, 2018 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:

#sotriggered #trained #gramh_the_bad
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2018 at 6:55pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #280 - Sep 29th, 2018 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
So can we go back to talking about how awesome Eberron Unlimited was or has that ship sailed?  Roll Eyes

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

acidpickachu
Waterworks Kobold

drugs not hugs

Reply #281 - Sep 29th, 2018 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Sep 29th, 2018 at 7:56pm:
So can we go back to talking about how awesome Eberron Unlimited was or has that ship sailed?  Roll Eyes

Pretty sure that ship sailed, hit an iceberg, and then sunk and killed thousands

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #282 - Sep 30th, 2018 at 2:27am
Print Post  
Yep cuz all it took to derail this thread was offering up a differing viewpoint and I killed it.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #283 - Sep 30th, 2018 at 2:32am
Print Post  
for Digimonk and socks:

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #284 - Oct 1st, 2018 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Sep 29th, 2018 at 7:56pm:

I sure don't miss every halfway decent item being Bound to Character Tongue The shift to largely BTA gear has been the one positive in recent updates.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #285 - Oct 1st, 2018 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 1st, 2018 at 11:14am:
I sure don't miss every halfway decent item being Bound to Character Tongue The shift to largely BTA gear has been the one positive in recent updates.

BtA is better than BtC.  However, it is arguable whether BtA is better or worse than BtCoE.   BtCoE you can move between characters, although less easily.   And you can create an economy around farming chase items.

I kinda like BtA because I don't mess with farming to sell, but I know there were players who really enjoyed that aspect of the game.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #286 - Oct 1st, 2018 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 1st, 2018 at 5:50pm:
BtA is better than BtC.  However, it is arguable whether BtA is better or worse than BtCoE.   BtCoE you can move between characters, although less easily.   And you can create an economy around farming chase items.

I kinda like BtA because I don't mess with farming to sell, but I know there were players who really enjoyed that aspect of the game. 

Unbound would have been a better move in that case. Yeah, they eventually created a P2W mechanic for moving BtCoE items; but for a long time that wasn't the case. Once something was equipped, it stayed with that char forever. There was a while there where there was an economy based on BtCoE items, and it was awesome.

Making really great items actually not be bound at all, though, would have been so much better. Then you not only have the economy, but it actually gets the chance to be a lot stronger since you have the opportunity to use the item and still sell it.

And don't tell me about the ASAH Tongue you can sell one bound item for shards on there, if it's worth enough shards, and take a massive hit for your troubles. I'm talking about actually using items as currency - E.G. trading several less valuable items for one very valuable item, etc.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #287 - Oct 1st, 2018 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
acidpickachu wrote on Sep 29th, 2018 at 8:50pm:
Pretty sure that ship sailed, hit an iceberg, and then sunk and killed thousands

Thanks for the laugh my dude.

Quote:
Yep cuz all it took to derail this thread was offering up a differing viewpoint and I killed it.

Quote:
Actually i started playing around the time the carnival pack was released, and once i got to cap it took me about 2 weeks to get bored running shrouds all day every day so i bought a heart and TRed and got to about level 14 and started making alts because TRing was so tedious, got bored with alts and quit for about 4 years. Hardly anybody was running 80% of the raid content outside of guild runs and epics and most TRing was barred content where you had to be a somewhat specific build to be considered "useful". It's literally so much better of a game now than it used to be because there are actual meaningful choices, not fitting into FOTM molds to run top tier content because that's what people decided was necessary.

Definitely a valid view point coming from a casuals perspective. Although most being trolling/ignorance on your part. I pugged the entire time and managed to get max geared and also cap multiple legend trs. I think Maplestory or WoW would have better suited a casual player like yourself.

Just because no one would accept your gimp bard doesn't mean the game required any specific builds. Instead of improving yourself you just quit and leveled alts. Thats on you, not the game.

noamineo wrote on Oct 1st, 2018 at 11:14am:

It honestly wasn't that bad. Sure all epic items are BTA now but its pointless because alts were destroyed when Epic Destinies came out. Later proliferated by more pastlives and reaper xp.

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #288 - Oct 1st, 2018 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 8:04pm:
Yup. A DDO Classic Server would be amazing. If done properly I think it would be successful. Just look at all the other MMOs doing it. Rift, WoW, Runescape, Everquest, etc. The latest patch would be Update 13. The funny thing is as soon as you mention this on the shit mobos people run you off as if you're a lunatic. We are the vocal minority since the majority of those who even played Pre-MotU aren't playing anymore. One major issue working against the classic server are peoples mentalities. They're used to instant gratification (raid bypasses, re-rolls, no epic quest lockout, insta-epics). Considering it takes years to get max geared Pre-MotU they would lose their minds and ragequit.

I still have no clue how a new player approaches current DDO. Its a bloated mess. Add in the terrible f2p model (very outdated now) and you probably have 5% or worse new player retention. How are they supposed to catch up? Pre-MotU it was much easier for new players to catch up. Basically as soon as they hit 20 they can run the majority of raids. Even dabble into some easier epic quests like BoB and VoN 1/2.

MotU and on destroyed single target builds/buff bots/healers. Then incentivized the ranged aoe self healing builds. Eventually went full retard with the power creep to where getting 1 shot is the new "challenge". Its a shame really.

Fixed. I think you've mistaken then for now.

I would come back to this game for a classic server.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #289 - Oct 2nd, 2018 at 2:59am
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Oct 1st, 2018 at 9:29pm:

So many of us would, I've a feeling it'd be the most populated in no time.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #290 - Oct 2nd, 2018 at 4:06am
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Oct 1st, 2018 at 9:29pm:

Please don't try to make some sense in here and stay on topic.  Cheesy

I learned a long time ago not to respond to the tardfest (some are in my channels and I get to see their split personality at work during the game).

I am not sure about the "classic" server unless we went back to before they learned about disjunction" and totally rewrote the code to allow that function to happen - which brought out the other lag monster in how buffs were applied and removed in a fractured method.

The issue is that we would have a lot less content. You can't meld the older code with the newer dungeons, so it would just be a whinefest about the lack of content.

I would take five Lynnabels over a Steelstar.   Same cost, but way more productive polishing of the game would happen without that "revenge against the player" that Fernandiot was famous for.

My subtle comment went over the heads of some fan girls, but I think she got it. If they had 2 people with her attitude 10 years ago (polishing all of the minor stuff on their punch list), the game would have a larger crowd and more revenue. 
If I worked on the game, I would be embarrassed for how long simple typos would stay in the game without being fixed.
For people who "played the game they created", they sure didn't give a fuck about it...or their players.  They only pride they had was when they screwed over players and came over here to post it.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #291 - Oct 2nd, 2018 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Oct 1st, 2018 at 9:23pm:
It honestly wasn't that bad. Sure all epic items are BTA now but its pointless because alts were destroyed when Epic Destinies came out. Later proliferated by more pastlives and reaper xp.

I mostly complain from a storage space issue. Having to grind out max inventory spaces just to be able to clear your TR cache was a headache. Still is, and I'm sad to say I don't use even a tenth of the digitial garbage I'm storing. But I just can't let go... (yes, this is absolutely a personal problem)

Dark_Helmet wrote on Oct 2nd, 2018 at 4:06am:
The issue is that we would have a lot less content. You can't meld the older code with the newer dungeons, so it would just be a whinefest about the lack of content.

Easy to solve - just downscale all the lvl21+ stuff into lvl 20, same way they upscaled the old epic quests to higher levels when they raised the cap. Its all numbers on a DB spreadsheet, would actually be the easiest part of a "classic" server. Digging out the old code would be neat-impossible, but taking a modern server and tweeking it until it looked and felt like classic? Easy.

Somebody wanna infilitrate turdbin and steal a copy of there server code? Tongue

Dark_Helmet wrote on Oct 2nd, 2018 at 4:06am:
They only pride they had was when they screwed over players and came over here to post it.

They do take a strange amount of pride in "punishing" players. Like a worry some amount. Like a "Sev is masturbating over banned list" amount". I hope his keyboard is spill-proof.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #292 - Oct 2nd, 2018 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Oct 1st, 2018 at 9:23pm:
Definitely a valid view point coming from a casuals perspective. Although most being trolling/ignorance on your part. I pugged the entire time and managed to get max geared and also cap multiple legend trs. I think Maplestory or WoW would have better suited a casual player like yourself.

Just because no one would accept your gimp bard doesn't mean the game required any specific builds. Instead of improving yourself you just quit and leveled alts. Thats on you, not the game.

So you're willing to invalidate my experience with the game because it differed from yours? Casual was hardly my stance, and it seems you were trying to be derogatory which hey it's the vault being a twatbasket is par for the course. But the server I was playing on? very very strict on being meta or not being, which forced me to play with only certain folk who didn't care about the meta. My skill was never in question, just my build, which would regularly get called into question with a tell from the group leader of "are you a warchanter?" to which I would say no, to which the group leader would reply with request denied. You got along in your server? That's awesome, but for me on mine your little nostalgia trip was fucking awful gaming experience from both a community and a systems standpoint. The only saving grace that kept my interest at all was the build diversity.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #293 - Oct 2nd, 2018 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Quote:
for Digimonk and socks:

Nice.  You managed to be wrong twice in one 4-word sentence and a meme.  That's grandmaster level stupid.

#grahm_the_bad #stilltriggered #ass-clown
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2018 at 3:21pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #294 - Oct 2nd, 2018 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Is gram seriously still trying, here? He's approaching KNN levels of retardation. I added him to the vault ignore script a few weeks ago. Still on the attack, though.

Anyway, back on topic? I miss when Heroic shroud was just Shroud and running it on elite was a real challenge.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #295 - Oct 2nd, 2018 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 2nd, 2018 at 10:50am:
Its all numbers on a DB spreadsheet

lol. You really don't understand the Turbine way.

Quote:
So you're willing to invalidate my experience with the game because it differed from yours?

If it makes you feel better, I'm willing to invalidate it even if it was the same as mine.

noamineo wrote on Oct 2nd, 2018 at 4:05pm:
Is gram seriously still trying, here? He's approaching KNN levels

Yes, he is. And No. Internet trolls are zero-level creatures. To level up is to become not a troll. Trolls focus on leveling down. Not realizing that the floor is zero. Sure, they can discover the basement. Where the floor is still zero. Or they can dig, and dig, and dig, and still they are only finding the floor. The floor is not special. Any precious snowflake can be annoying from the floor, the stairwell, the roof ... there's no level bonus.

So "KNN levels" is wrong. He converts any xp earned into buying cosmetic pets or something.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #296 - Oct 2nd, 2018 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Oct 2nd, 2018 at 5:07pm:
lol. You really don't understand the Turbine way.

lol yeah I wouldn't be surprised if turdbin had done something extra weird, given all the wacky problems they manage to create. In a well-designed and thought-out system, creating properly stacking bonuses and adding new mechanics should be a breeze.

But not turbine.

No, they manage to break something with eeeeeeeeeeeeeeevery update.

Revaulting wrote on Oct 2nd, 2018 at 5:07pm:
Yes, he is. And No. Internet trolls are zero-level creatures. To level up is to become not a troll. Trolls focus on leveling down. Not realizing that the floor is zero. Sure, they can discover the basement. Where the floor is still zero. Or they can dig, and dig, and dig, and still they are only finding the floor. The floor is not special. Any precious snowflake can be annoying from the floor, the stairwell, the roof ... there's no level bonus.

So "KNN levels" is wrong. He converts any xp earned into buying cosmetic pets or something.

Lol yeah, that's a fair point. And its all because I called that idiot out on an obviously exaggerated claim. WTF? some people just trigger super easy.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #297 - Oct 2nd, 2018 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
i think nomnoms and digimonk don't know what triggered means >.>

edit: no they definitely don't know what triggered means XD
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2018 at 7:35pm by »  

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #298 - Oct 2nd, 2018 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
I think all the whining and moaning that you guys do has finally caught up to you to the point that you're so used to each other's whining and moaning that you can't tell when it's reached mobos level of retarded, and none of you want to be the person to back down and say anything pleasant because you all know each other too well and it'd be like telling your best friend of 20 years that you're gay and you've had a crush on him. I'm here to tell you, it's ok to tell your friend you're gay for him.

I know it's easier to call me a stupid troll, because that fits with your sensibilities. If you need me to be the target of your angsty teen bullshit that you can't get over so you can play the tough cool guys, sure take a jab at me because I don't honestly give two fucks about what you think about me because at the end of the day, putting you guys into panic mode to come up with some trite "he's totally KNN guys" bullshit is a win in my book. Because I honestly don't like you guys, and you can believe me when I say that. The problem? I might be right and you guys would have to eat a huge shit sandwich to admit that, and so we're at an impasse.

Sure you can keep giving the same tired "you're obviously stupid and can go to hell" triggered responses, or give up all pretense of trying and go full retard digimonk. It won't change anything, I still hate that the idea the game was perfect as released, you guys say that change is always bad.

The game if they didn't ever change it from the way you remember it? It'd be shit, and no matter what they did you would piss on it because that's how you deal with things. Admit at least that much, and feel better that you didn't just sit around jerking off to statements each other makes like the mouthbreathers on the mobos. I believe in you, and hanging in there kitty believes in you too <3

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #299 - Oct 2nd, 2018 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
also digi i didn't forget about you:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 
Send TopicPrint