Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Clash of the Titans! (Read 12678 times)
Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Clash of the Titans!
Aug 24th, 2018 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Today in forum news, two of the most pro players on Cannith decided to start hitting each other with their horrible takes.

In the first corner we have Damonzz, warlock extraordinaire, famous on Cannith for his incredibly smooth runs that take place on no less impressive of a difficulty than r5(!!!!), finally coming to the realization that warlock is a terrible class for any respectable amount of skulls. His well reasoned solution to the problem of his character not being very good seems to have led to his request, nay insistence, that mass frog be changed to help him get a higher dc. Who could oppose such a logical request?

The guy in the other corner, that's who.

Enter Tilomare, the building equivalent to Shoemaker. That is, unassailable at the top of mount bullshit, screaming into the void. They say that those who listen closely to the wind in Korthos are blessed with the ability to understand the genius himself. If one isn't careful, though, those tantalizing whispers can lead to madness; those who fall under their spell babble incoherently about the benefits of soundburst and hybrid casters before proceeding to play builds that those of us who haven't spent enough time in Korthos lately aren't worthy of understanding. It's said that the only way to treat Tiloitis is to spend time in a padded room with the entirety of the thread that culminated in Tilo deleting his vault account written on the ceiling in halfling blood. Even patients of the top rated Tiloitis Institute in House Jorasco (which is of course the home of the wildly successful 1-2-3, no more sorc tanks for me rehab program. You know, the one that runs commercials during plays in the House Phiarlan Illusionarium?) have a more than 50% relapse rate if they're allowed to read Tilo's subsequent posts on the forums. Anyways, I might've gone off on a bit of a tangent, but it was necessary for you poor non-Cannith, non-forum-going sorts to understand the true significance of this unprecedented clash of titans.

Who will win, o unbiased vault brethren? Will it be the guy whose (admittedly difficult to read) argument solely consists of "I'm mad that people are better than me, so make me better" or the guy who believes in the supremacy of so-called "hybrid builds" and claims that he has some sort of secret dps build that he isn't allowed to share with us, the existence of which is proven by him linking a thread tantalizingly entitled "Possible to sustain 100k dps in reaper?" with a grand total of two posts and two words contained therein (those words being "del" and "phase", in case you were wondering). Is it a secret code that only his disciples can understand? Maybe! Is he asking how to multiproc ruin? Possibly! Is he hinting at something far more esoteric that would never even occur to the rest of us? Could be! We'll never know. We just aren't worthy.

Betting starts at 40/1 for Damonzz to win and 20/1 for Tilo to win because his English is better, he has minions, and he isn't asking for anything to be changed.

We're also accepting bets on how long the thread goes on before they wander off towards greener pastures and/or get so mad at each other that the thread gets shut down. Over/under is at 5 pages.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/498937-Mass-frog
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2018 at 2:26pm by Pseudonym »  

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Re: Clash of the Titans!
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
5 posts in and I'm tired of it already. Who cares?

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #2 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Aug 24th, 2018 at 2:57pm:
5 posts in and I'm tired of it already. Who cares?

I certainly hope nobody cares.

This one was more about the journey than the destination.
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2018 at 3:17pm by Pseudonym »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
What exactly are we referring to as a "win" in this exchange? Certainly we can't expect one side to convince the other one to acknowledge his point of view.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #4 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 24th, 2018 at 3:23pm:
What exactly are we referring to as a "win" in this exchange? Certainly we can't expect one side to convince the other one to acknowledge his point of view.

Much like the 2010 movie, this clash of the titans is unimpressive and not at all memorable. The only potential redeeming factor lies in the box office success, which is roughly analogous in this case to the amount of popcorn people will eat while blinking confusedly at the dreadful wisdom based pure barbarian build that Tilo pulled out of his seemingly endless bag of tricks. He named it a "Necro Barbarian" and described it as "a caster that could deal damage in reaper".

Tilo is like Mary Poppins; just when you think there can't possibly be any more stupid shit for him to pull out of that bag he goes ahead and proves you wrong just because he can.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Yeah ok, I wager it will it hits 9 pages.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Ah, tilo's super secret 100k dps build encoded into another build already posted by someone, but no one can decipher it. this is like the movie national treasure, and tilo gets to play nicholas cage. And if his super secret weapon-x build wasn't enough for you; he goes and builds the necro, dps caster, wisdom-based, barbarian build. He even breaks down the rotations of visage and frog comboing off every 32 seconds intervals in between dismissing rages to cast frog. 

it's a 2-fer-one of retardedness special on sale today.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #7 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Killcount screenshot of easy quest with shitty pug would convince me.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #8 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
First damonz is a fucking moron that can play only warlocks because it is a moronic class.

Second he can play r5 because instakills are a fucking cancer and the real cheese in this game.

3rd Tilo is a retarded.

ok i have nothing else to say.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #9 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Aug 24th, 2018 at 9:47pm:
Second he can play r5 because instakills are a fucking cancer and the real cheese in this game.

He's more of a CC build than an instant kill build.

But he is a living testament to how much powerful a player can be if they pussy reaper their way up to 50 reaper points through heroics, then pussy reaper their way up to 70 points in epics.  Eventually you'll find yourself with enough points to look amazing...on R5 & R6.  I mean, who's got a better build?  The guy doing the same thing on R1 with ten or less reaper points or the guy doing it on R5 with 100 reaper points?

His build and gear are far better than his English and people skill, but there are way, way better locks and players on Cannith.

And he has a seriously weird understanding of the game and how the game mechanics work.  His advice is about 70% solid and 30% "why the fuck would you even think that?  Are you a fucking tard?"

Two things Damonzz knows though -

Warlock = easy reaper points
Monk = even easier button

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #10 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 24th, 2018 at 10:03pm:
But he is a living testament to how much powerful a player can be if they pussy reaper their way up to 50 reaper points through heroics, then pussy reaper their way up to 70 points in epics.  Eventually you'll find yourself with enough points to look amazing...on R5 & R6.  I mean, who's got a better build?  The guy doing the same thing on R1 with ten or less reaper points or the guy doing it on R5 with 100 reaper points?

And what is respectable way to progress in reaper? Do all winged folks in cannith did r10 all quests around from their 5th reaper point? Heavily doubt it. There very few ways to collect some initial points: do pussy reaper - including all cheese classes: monk, warlock, barbarian, particulary wizard, ranger and fvs and skulls up to 4-5 both heroic and legendary. Another way is farm amber on 10 - way much more respectable huh? Smiley And doing high skulls with pugs meaning you are carrying them (so you play cheese anyway) or you letting folks to carry you (good way to farm huh?).

This game is old and not very populated. No chance to find and make perfect balanced group every time you want to play it, so yeah, its all about cheese. Funny to read someone complaining another man's cheese is better than his own. Instakills cancer huh? Twf with 3,5 attacks per animation isnt? Or 130+ DC dire charge, or 100 dodge or many-many more. You may laugh about this guy, yet I support him. Is he cheesing quests on r5 as his borelock? GJ, most are cheesing r1! Helping folks to get initial points by pugging it? Awesome! Want more cheese for an already cheesy as hell class? DIF.

His english though :-D I imagine some angry redneck with the full mouth

« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2018 at 10:58pm by Rzyman »  

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #11 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 12:22am
Print Post  
Rzyman wrote on Aug 24th, 2018 at 10:55pm:
And what is respectable way to progress in reaper?

Triple PL and epic complitionist with 50 reaper points shooting through his racial past lives as a warlock never going over R3 in heroics?  That's some pussy ass shit there man.  Seriously.

Pussy.
Ass.
Shit.

But that's the Gods/Tribe Called Zerg in a nutshell.  Wearing full diving gear in a public pool and thinking they're better than everyone else because of it.

His english though :-D I imagine some angry redneck with the full mouth

For a full year I was torn between him either being a ferigner or a retard.  Now I'm starting to suspect he's just an Aussie...

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #12 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 12:36am
Print Post  
And doing high skulls with pugs meaning you are carrying them

If you go no matter what.  If you roll and don't wipe with half a group.  If you continue no matter what when one of the better players leaves to join a raid.

And none of those things apply to his groups outside of Mist.  I'll join his groups when there's no other RL groups, but how well the run goes totally depends on who's joining.  I've seen people carry those groups and it hasn't been the man himself.

I'd say he's an above average player at best but honestly, he just has a really old, powerful toon.  Give him a 1st life toon with no reaper points and he'd only be performing slightly better than any of the newbs fresh off the boat from Korthos.

He's not bad but he sure as fuck isn't a "warlock extraordinaire".

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #13 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 12:38am
Print Post  
He's more of a CC build than an instant kill build.

His build and gear are far better than his English and people skill, but there are way, way better locks and players on Cannith.

And he has a seriously weird understanding of the game and how the game mechanics work.  His advice is about 70% solid and 30% "why the fuck would you even think that?  Are you a fucking tard?"

Two things Damonzz knows though -

Warlock = easy reaper points
Monk = even easier button

Having grouped with Damonzz, I can tell you for a fact that he isn't powerful nor is he playing a good build. You're totally right about his English though.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #14 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 12:46am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 12:22am:
But that's the Gods/Tribe Called Zerg in a nutshell.  Wearing full diving gear in a public pool and thinking they're better than everyone else because of it.

Oh dear. I'll be the first one to admit that only a handful of players in GODS are legitimately good and everyone knows that Zerg isn't what it used to be, but that diving gear comment leads me to suspect that you aren't talking about the randoms here.

Are you really trying to call out literally the only group of players on Cannith running high skulls and reaper raids? Can you please let me know who you are so I can tell the rest of the class why you aren't the right person to be passing judgement on those guys?
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2018 at 1:03am by Pseudonym »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 1:07am
Print Post  
And he has a seriously weird understanding of the game and how the game mechanics work. 

Knew a guy like that a long while ago, basically thought game mechanics would work differently because he said so(this was in another game where the tank/DPS/healer trinity was very strictly enforced). Had another friend flat out tell him "No, the people who made the game say it doesn't work that way" and he still left the argument insisting that it did.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #16 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 1:22am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 12:22am:
Triple PL and epic complitionist with 50 reaper points shooting through his racial past lives as a warlock never going over R3 in heroics?  That's some pussy ass shit there man.  Seriously.

Wearing full diving gear in a public pool and thinking they're better than everyone else because of it.

Well, okay, comment is funny Smiley I dont know this guy at all and his ability to play higher skulls ever as CC support\instakill (good geared warlocks actually can do so). And I dont know pugging situations in cannith (is there no noobs at all? Only vets running heroics?) Yet. Say, I've found I can make my rxp at 30 just running everything with bb on r8-10 and make 300k rxp per life without farming at all. If (and when) I'll start to clean my racials I wont run higher skulls heroics until I really get bored and want some fun. That what I actually did last several lifes: fuck higher heroic reaper cause why you have to struggle a week to get those 100-200k rxp when you can do 1-30 in 4-5 days  and get all rxp you need in legendary? Again, I dont know this guy at all, but he doesnt look cocky for me (and able to do higher skulls. If he was, he wont post stupid posts about mass frog and just use it properly on his turdlock), either leet or retard. He's a type of guy why-my-shit-doesnt-work consider to what he posted. So he is just doing his best, he's having fun I guess. Why the fuck no? Do you envy his pussy reaper points?  Wink

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #17 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 1:58am
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 12:46am:
Oh dear. I'll be the first one to admit that only a handful of players in GODS are legitimately good and everyone knows that Zerg isn't what it used to be, but that diving gear comment leads me to suspect that you aren't talking about the randoms here.

1st - at least two of my favorite players are in Gods.  Love them to death and they're a blast to play with - but their tactics are shit.  They end up as soul stones a lot.

2nd - don't get me wrong, I know Gods probably has at least 2 or 3 of the best players on the server - not that I see them that much.  They don't pug, they group together or solo and those groups aren't open for the public.  I've seen them jump in on Damonzz runs and you can tell the difference.  So yeah, that is more of a general statement for their members that are more public and obviously not talking about the ones who are less seen and probably lead their raids (because there's no need for them to be seen).

3rd - bad tactics are bad tactics.  Again, this isn't aimed at every member but I will say this about the mass of them.

They
are seriously
shit
team players.

Waaaay too much of that bullshit tribe-called-zerg mentality of "look at me playing an OP FvS with a gazillion past lives and I can shoot through this EE heroic quest in a group like that's a fucking accomplishment at all."

They don't trade  heals.  They don't trade buffs.  They don't even fucking wait for you to buff.  They often don't self heal.  They very often don't even fucking wait for you to heal them after a fight but would rather rush off with a quarter of their health bar expecting it to magically refill...somehow...before they rush into the next mob.  And (again, this isn't all...but a fucking lot of them) they're so used to pushing the easy button and being bullet proof, they're often just fucking clueless when certain fights need more tactics than others.

I can carry even a half way decent pug through an R3 run of RL with few to no deaths.  When (with a few exceptions) a member of Gods (or God forbid Tribe called Zerg because they're even less impressive now since the guilds split) shows up I'm not all "yay, it just got easier."  It's way more "well, the pointless, stupid death count is about to get a lot higher."

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #18 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 2:03am
Print Post  
Rzyman wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 1:22am:
Do you envy his pussy reaper points?

Nah, well done to him.  I ran with him the 1st time I think about a year and a half ago.  Ran a chain and a half and dropped out of his group.  Didn't like his tactics, didn't like his team skills, didn't like what he was doing to my native tongue.  Only thing I liked about him was he keeps his own groups up, so I never had to worry about his joining mine.  He'd PM me a lot to come join his group, I'd politely decline.  No issues with how another player plays as long as they keep it out of my group (not that I put up that many groups, I mostly just soloed pussy reaper on my own).

My only complaint about anything in this thread is don't try and make this guy out like he's the fucking end all - because he isn't.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #19 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 2:19am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 1:58am:
1st - at least two of my favorite players are in Gods.  Love them to death and they're a blast to play with - but their tactics are shit.  They end up as soul stones a lot.

2nd - don't get me wrong, I know Gods probably has at least 2 or 3 of the best players on the server - not that I see them that much.  They don't pug, they group together or solo and those groups aren't open for the public.  I've seen them jump in on Damonzz runs and you can tell the difference.  So yeah, that is more of a general statement for their members that are more public and obviously not talking about the ones who are less seen and probably lead their raids (because there's no need for them to be seen).

What I've gathered is that you weren't actually talking about the people that you seemed to be talking about, because you don't even run with those guys.

You're right, we don't pug and our groups are generally not open to the public. We run high skulls and the diving suits help.

3rd - bad tactics are bad tactics.  Again, this isn't aimed at every member but I will say this about the mass of them.

They
are seriously
shit
team players.

Waaaay too much of that bullshit tribe-called-zerg mentality of "look at me playing an OP FvS with a gazillion past lives and I can shoot through this EE heroic quest in a group like that's a fucking accomplishment at all."

They don't trade  heals.  They don't trade buffs.  They don't even fucking wait for you to buff.  They often don't self heal.  They very often don't even fucking wait for you to heal them after a fight but would rather rush off with a quarter of their health bar expecting it to magically refill...somehow...before they rush into the next mob.  And (again, this isn't all...but a fucking lot of them) they're so used to pushing the easy button and being bullet proof, they're often just fucking clueless when certain fights need more tactics than others.

I can carry even a half way decent pug through an R3 run of RL with few to no deaths.  When (with a few exceptions) a member of Gods (or God forbid Tribe called Zerg because they're even less impressive now since the guilds split) shows up I'm not all "yay, it just got easier."  It's way more "well, the pointless, stupid death count is about to get a lot higher."

Yes, almost all of the good players are in guilds that include a whole bunch of bad players. Welcome to Cannith.

Also I'm not sure what guild split you're talking about. Zerg is "less impressive" these days because most of their good players quit and some of them got replaced by bad players.
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2018 at 2:36am by Pseudonym »  

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #20 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 3:50am
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 2:19am:
You're right, we don't pug and our groups are generally not open to the public. We run high skulls and the diving suits help.

Well, yeah.  I have no qualms with the guys running their formula one cars on the right track.  Nothing but respect for them.

But the guy who saved up to buy the same car, is running it on the go-cart track and not doing that great of a job with it?  Not so impressive Wink  *

Pseudonym wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 2:19am:
Also I'm not sure what guild split you're talking about.

I can be way off base here - I had a two and a half year gap and missed a lot of the server drama; but weren't both guilds founded by the same guy?  And don't you guys have a number of former Tribers in you guild now?

*Or if you're deep sea diving the gear doesn't look stupid, you need it.  It's the guys hanging out at the pool while wearing it that are as annoying as fuck.  Sorry about switching up analogies. 

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #21 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 6:34am
Print Post  
There quite a few people with a bjillion past lives and reaper points, who are worse than a good player on a new toon. There are different types of "good player," since there are different win conditions for the game. Killing a kobold the fastest, kiting 2 dragons simultaneously, soloing an r10, soloing a raid, getting completionist, iconic completionist, epic completionist, reaper wings, or understanding a raid so perfectly that you could get brain dead pugs to do it. There's other shit to, which leads me to my next point...

Everyone wants to go big dick. Some people are genuinely smarter though---some people enjoy teamwork---some people enjoy the past life progression. It makes for a confusioning show of EGOs splattered across quests like a spilled can of garbage. There are different win conditions. People's styles differ, and everyone comes to a quest wanting to be the star of the show. Jealousy is a common thing. DDO is a broken mess, so one person's tasty cheese is another person's stinky cheese. I've seen people rage-quit over my charms---and I've rage quit over people going so methodically it hurts. AI intimidate cheese, safe spot cheese, kiting cheese, charm cheese, guardbreaking cheese, dodge cheese, AC cheese, packet-loss cheese, twisting fucking reign on a dps-test cheese. People love their garbage. One man's toxic sludge is another man's potpurri.

15 of my initial points came from playing at cap with my friends.  Granted we've been playing together for 4ish+ years. I think most guilds follow an 80/20 rule of good players to decent players. And you know... ...some people are brain-dead retards.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #22 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 8:34am
Print Post  
Thats the problem with this game, before to do high level shit you required to be skilled.

Gear or build would help but was not required.

Now with power creep and the moronic cheese like warlocks, monks, charms, kiting, instakills, etc, any retarded can play in high level shit.

I think that is turdbin plan.

The problem is when you require half a brain like in some raids, those tards even with all pls, gear or 100 reaper points are fucking useless.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #23 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 8:44am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 6:34am:
There quite a few people with a bjillion past lives and reaper points, who are worse than a good player on a new toon. There are different types of "good player," since there are different win conditions for the game. Killing a kobold the fastest, kiting 2 dragons simultaneously, soloing an r10, soloing a raid, getting completionist, iconic completionist, epic completionist, reaper wings, or understanding a raid so perfectly that you could get brain dead pugs to do it. There's other shit to, which leads me to my next point...

Everyone wants to go big dick. Some people are genuinely smarter though---some people enjoy teamwork---some people enjoy the past life progression. It makes for a confusioning show of EGOs splattered across quests like a spilled can of garbage. There are different win conditions. People's styles differ, and everyone comes to a quest wanting to be the star of the show. Jealousy is a common thing. DDO is a broken mess, so one person's tasty cheese is another person's stinky cheese. I've seen people rage-quit over my charms---and I've rage quit over people going so methodically it hurts. AI intimidate cheese, safe spot cheese, kiting cheese, charm cheese, guardbreaking cheese, dodge cheese, AC cheese, packet-loss cheese, twisting fucking reign on a dps-test cheese. People love their garbage. One man's toxic sludge is another man's potpurri.

15 of my initial points came from playing at cap with my friends.  Granted we've been playing together for 4ish+ years. I think most guilds follow an 80/20 rule of good players to decent players. And you know... ...some people are brain-dead retards.

You, sir, left no space to maneur Sad Mister Morgan Freeman, log on propper accaunt Tongue

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #24 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 10:02am
Print Post  
I can shoot through this EE heroic quest

I would love to see someone complete an EE heroic quest.   Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged