Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Clash of the Titans! (Read 12705 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Re: Clash of the Titans!
Reply #25 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 10:02am:
I would love to see someone complete an EE heroic quest.

You just need to step up your game Wink

(or I need to drink more than a single cup of coffee before responding at 5:30 in the morning.  Whatever).

I do feel bad for derailing the thread though.  Responding to the actual OP now -

"Waaah I can't do everything all the other classes do.  I want to do what they do but better" is half the reason this game is so fucked up and you have people moaning for "the golden age."

Warlocks have great heroic dps and shit epic dps.  Fucking get over it.  You don't like playing epic locks or they're not easy enough for you, play a fucking monk and get over yourself.  Stop asking idiots to fix what ain't broke because I promise you - they're only going to break it more.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #26 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 12:28pm:
You just need to step up your game Wink

(or I need to drink more than a single cup of coffee before responding at 5:30 in the morning.  Whatever).

I do feel bad for derailing the thread though.  Responding to the actual OP now -

"Waaah I can't do everything all the other classes do.  I want to do what they do but better" is half the reason this game is so fucked up and you have people moaning for "the golden age."

Warlocks have great heroic dps and shit epic dps.  Fucking get over it.  You don't like playing epic locks or they're not easy enough for you, play a fucking monk and get over yourself.  Stop asking idiots to fix what ain't broke because I promise you - they're only going to break it more.

This.

He cant tr into monk because shitty players can look good playing a caster but not a melee.

Not even the fucking broken op monks.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #27 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 1:29pm:
He cant tr into monk because shitty players can look good playing a caster but not a melee.

Not even the fucking broken op monks.

Woot?! Shit player will suffer as spellcaster. A lot. Shit player will try to fod golems, web needleds, hold mages, will never use hypnotism and crushing dispair, will not use heghten, will try to use dps spells without any solid spellpower. Shit player will sit with 40 to 70 dc on epics and cry like a bitch. Nothing compare to one-button melee. As shitty melee in ravenloft gear you always able to run at least r1s. As shitty spellcaster no chances at all.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #28 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
Rzyman wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 1:46pm:
Woot?! Shit player will suffer as spellcaster. A lot. Shit player will try to fod golems, web needleds, hold mages, will never use hypnotism and crushing dispair, will not use heghten, will try to use dps spells without any solid spellpower. Shit player will sit with 40 to 70 dc on epics and cry like a bitch. Nothing compare to one-button melee. As shitty melee in ravenloft gear you always able to run at least r1s. As shitty spellcaster no chances at all.

I was talking about Damonz and all other 3x completionist tards.

If you have all pls and gear you can look good as a caster especially as moronic warlock bag of hp or mass frog cheese spamers.

All pls and gear wont make you good in high reaper as melee.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #29 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 3:50am:
I can be way off base here - I had a two and a half year gap and missed a lot of the server drama; but weren't both guilds founded by the same guy?  And don't you guys have a number of former Tribers in you guild now?

You're way off base.

GODS used to be Ordo Draconis, and there are a number of former Guardiani di Eberron in the guild but there isn't much overlap with Zerg.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #30 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 2:03pm:
I was talking about Damonz and all other 3x completionist tards.

If you have all pls and gear you can look good as a caster especially as moronic warlock bag of hp or mass frog cheese spamers.

All pls and gear wont make you good in high reaper as melee.

1) Very few people look good as a warlock, but nobody looks good as a warlock bag of hp. If your goal is to be an even passably useful warlock in high skulls you sure as hell aren't investing in ES, at which point you're pretty much just a worse sorc/wiz. Which is why virtually no good players play warlocks at cap.

2) What type of whiner refers to mass frog as "cheese"? You need to invest in it or the dc won't be high enough just like any other spell, and it has far too long of a cd for anyone to base their entire build around "spamming" it. If your problem is that certain non-caster builds can get passable dcs with it (for some content), why not suggest that the dc get dropped by 9 but heighten work properly? That would be reasonable.

3) Playing a caster well is not any easier than playing a melee well. You could argue that a mediocre caster will die less often than a mediocre melee in a high skull group setting, but that isn't the same thing at all.
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2018 at 2:43pm by Pseudonym »  

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #31 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 2:27pm:
You're way off base.

GODS used to be Ordo Draconis, and there are a number of former Guardiani di Eberron in the guild but there isn't much overlap with Zerg.

Pretty sure I got my information from Luthxx while he was rambling about why he was in Tribe now instead of Gods.

TBF, he's an annoying little spastic 'tard and I only pay half-ass attention to what he's saying, so I might have gotten it wrong.  My apologies Wink

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #32 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 2:43pm:
1) Very few people look good as a warlock, but nobody looks good as a warlock bag of hp. If your goal is to be an even passably useful warlock in high skulls you sure as hell aren't investing in ES, at which point you're pretty much just a worse sorc/wiz. Which is why virtually no good players play warlocks at cap.

2) What type of whiner refers to mass frog as "cheese"? You need to invest in it or the dc won't be high enough just like any other spell, and it has far too long of a cd for anyone to base their entire build around "spamming" it. If your problem is that certain non-caster builds can get passable dcs with it (for some content), why not suggest that the dc get dropped by 9 but heighten work properly? That would be reasonable.

3) Playing a caster well is not any easier than playing a melee well. You could argue that a mediocre caster will die less often than a mediocre melee in a high skull group setting, but that isn't the same thing at all.

1) Good players can play any class, bad players relly in ES because bags of hp can make it easier, see the stupid reaper trees.

2) Yes mass frog is a stupid op ability.

3) Play a caster is 100 times easier than a melee since you dont have to stay close to the mobs.

4) Come on bring more excuses.

Dear players,

Love,

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #33 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 4:20pm:
3) Play a caster is 100 times easier than a melee since you dont have to stay close to the mobs.

Just made experiment. 1st life wizzy 1st life monk. Both good geared (slaver\ravenloft stuff, CC sp weapons, el bloom). My very favorite classes I'm really good with are spellcasting arcanes and I consider myself good with them.

stats at 14:
monk: prr 55, hp 290, ac 64, to hit\damage around 50 both 25 to 34 dodge
wizzy: prr 37, hp 330 (better augments + fanion), ac 43, DCs 45 to 49, 15 dodge
solo ability with 1-3 reaper poin at levelt:
monk r1 anything without hireling and without deathes. up to r3-4 some quests with hireling.
wizzy: elite anything with hireling (can heal self with wands, just need DV) and without deathes. r1 65% success rate, r2+ unbeatable most quests either with or without hireling.

The reason I fail so hard on wiz are mob spellcasters and archers oneshotting my wizzy cause of shit reflex and fort, bad ac and not that great dodgei. So its like soloing amber r10: do or die. Champ archer rolled 20 on your spell? Have a nice time as spirit Smiley yet if I had meatshield I was able to do up to r4 and outkill anyone in quest, while performing good CC aswell.

So, as shitty melee dps player (honestly never built anything worth for r7+ yet I know how to. Just dislike leveling up those single target dps guys) and actually good arcanist I can perform on monk like 2 times better on heroics. So whats easier to play? Again, if you are talking about warlocks, dont call spellcaster. Call it warlock, cause any shitty build warlock can do r1 just because of stanch and tentacles, UMD and solid dps on heroic. And even higher reaper up to 3-4 if go ES cause of 8x con buff that making you unkillable if played right.

And if follow your own words, repeater shooters is real way to cheese on heroics. You can outrange literally anything in this game, you can spamm vorpal bolts like a boss so doesnt matter r1 or r10, you can just dodge any incoming spell by strafe or stay out of spell ranges. And THIS is particulary truth (may have fun times with undead, teleporting reapers and other mobs like scorpions, sneaky hounds etc).

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #34 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 4:13pm:
Pretty sure I got my information from Luthxx while he was rambling about why he was in Tribe now instead of Gods.

TBF, he's an annoying little spastic 'tard and I only pay half-ass attention to what he's saying, so I might have gotten it wrong.  My apologies Wink

Yeah, he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

ILoveExploits wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 4:20pm:
1) Good players can play any class, bad players relly in ES because bags of hp can make it easier, see the stupid reaper trees.

2) Yes mass frog is a stupid op ability.

4) Come on bring more excuses.

1) Yes, it's easy to survive and be utterly useless if you want to play a cancerous ES cap warlock. Bonus points if you play in US and/or think you're pro because you have more hp than most of the people in your group. Not sure what point you're making, but you don't find people like that in high skulls groups or reaper raids of any respectable guild.

2) Mass frog is good, but I'm still waiting for you to explain why it's "stupid op" beyond the fact that it can be used by characters who probably shouldn't be able to use it. It kills 5 mobs with a save on a 1 min cd, if you're looking for something to point at as being "stupid op" dire charge would be an easier sell.

3) Surviving as a caster =/= playing well as a caster. Yes, if you're in a group it's easier to survive if you're playing a caster or ranged character and hiding in the back, but not being dead doesn't mean you're contributing. Any proper caster has more stuff they have to use and target effectively during combat than most melees (with the possible exception of monk which has to spam stuff every second to maximize potential). Just because casting and playing a traditional melee don't require the exact same set of skills doesn't mean that melees are more difficult to play across the board.

4) Excuses for what exactly? Feel free to whine instead of, you know, actually bothering to explain the points you're trying to make.
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2018 at 6:10pm by Pseudonym »  

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #35 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 5:40pm:
Yeah, he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

1) Yes, it's easy to survive and be utterly useless if you want to play a cancerous ES cap warlock. Bonus points if you play in US and/or think you're pro because you have more hp than most of the people in your group. Not sure what point you're making, but you don't find people like that in high skulls groups or reaper raids of any respectable guild.

2) Mass frog is good, but I'm still waiting for you to explain why it's "stupid op" beyond the fact that it can be used by characters who probably shouldn't be able to use it. It kills 5 mobs with a save on a 1 min cd, if you're looking for something to point at as being "stupid op" dire charge would be an easier sell.

3) Surviving as a caster =/= playing well as a caster. Yes, if you're in a group it's easier to survive if you're playing a caster or ranged character and hiding in the back, but not being dead doesn't mean you're contributing. Any proper caster has more stuff they have to use and target effectively during combat than most melees (with the possible exception of monk which has to spam stuff every second to maximize potential). Just because casting and playing a traditional melee don't require the exact same set of skills doesn't mean that melees are more difficult to play across the board.

4) Excuses for what exactly? Feel free to whine instead of, you know, actually bothering to explain the points you're trying to make.

1) Warlocks are as good as any other dc caster, just with more hp in ES. If you cant build it properly it is your problem.

2) Are you comparing mass frog to dire charge? really? Now i know for sure that you are retarded.

3) Damonz keep bagging for dps in his groups because he and his buds only spam instakills and this makes the game stupid for anybody else, that is why only leechers join him.

4) I did explain but as i pointed before you are retarded and cant understand.

Dear players,

Love,

IP Logged

Rickyretardo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
Rzyman wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 5:35pm:
Just made experiment. 1st life wizzy 1st life monk. Both good geared (slaver\ravenloft stuff, CC sp weapons, el bloom). My very favorite classes I'm really good with are spellcasting arcanes and I consider myself good with them.

stats at 14:
monk: prr 55, hp 290, ac 64, to hit\damage around 50 both 25 to 34 dodge
wizzy: prr 37, hp 330 (better augments + fanion), ac 43, DCs 45 to 49, 15 dodge
solo ability with 1-3 reaper poin at levelt:
monk r1 anything without hireling and without deathes. up to r3-4 some quests with hireling.
wizzy: elite anything with hireling (can heal self with wands, just need DV) and without deathes. r1 65% success rate, r2+ unbeatable most quests either with or without hireling.

The reason I fail so hard on wiz are mob spellcasters and archers oneshotting my wizzy cause of shit reflex and fort, bad ac and not that great dodgei. So its like soloing amber r10: do or die. Champ archer rolled 20 on your spell? Have a nice time as spirit Smiley yet if I had meatshield I was able to do up to r4 and outkill anyone in quest, while performing good CC aswell.

So, as shitty melee dps player (honestly never built anything worth for r7+ yet I know how to. Just dislike leveling up those single target dps guys) and actually good arcanist I can perform on monk like 2 times better on heroics. So whats easier to play? Again, if you are talking about warlocks, dont call spellcaster. Call it warlock, cause any shitty build warlock can do r1 just because of stanch and tentacles, UMD and solid dps on heroic. And even higher reaper up to 3-4 if go ES cause of 8x con buff that making you unkillable if played right.

And if follow your own words, repeater shooters is real way to cheese on heroics. You can outrange literally anything in this game, you can spamm vorpal bolts like a boss so doesnt matter r1 or r10, you can just dodge any incoming spell by strafe or stay out of spell ranges. And THIS is particulary truth (may have fun times with undead, teleporting reapers and other mobs like scorpions, sneaky hounds etc).

I'd love to see a video of your first life monk waltzing through R3-4 with 290HP, why not try Archon's trial? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #37 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 6:58pm:
1) Warlocks are as good as any other dc caster, just with more hp in ES. If you cant build it properly it is your problem.

2) Are you comparing mass frog to dire charge? really? Now i know for sure that you are retarded.

3) Damonz keep bagging for dps in his groups because he and his buds only spam instakills and this makes the game stupid for anybody else, that is why only leechers join him.

4) I did explain but as i pointed before you are retarded and cant understand.

1) Warlocks have a smaller spell point pool and a smaller pool of spells they can select. No matter what pact you select, you miss out on at least two useful spells. While it's obviously true that it's possible to play without them, given that warlocks already have less spell points (in addition to lower dcs and/or casting speed depending on what you're comparing it to) it doesn't make sense for most people to play warlock in serious content. Only truly terrible players build for hp, and only someone who has no fucking idea how dc casting works would try to claim that warlock is just as good at dc casting as any other dc caster.

2) In the sense that they're both epic destiny feats that are arguably problematic for very different reasons, it's a perfectly valid comparison

It looks like your real problem is that you're sad that dc casters are better at killing shit than you, and you don't like that. I think that says more about you than it does about DC casters.

Do you play on Cannith? If you do, stop hiding like a little bitch, own up to who you are so I can make fun of you, then kindly sit your dumb ass down.
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2018 at 10:32pm by Pseudonym »  

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #38 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
lol now you are crying about sp.

ffs you must to be really a special kind of retard.

Dear players,

Love,

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 10:21pm:
2) In the sense that they're both epic destiny feats that are arguably problematic for very different reasons, it's a perfectly valid comparison

I think they are both great and are needed, especially on classes that offer 0 ways of cc'ing in their tree.  Frog is perfect as is. Giving it an int/cha toggle makes it worse for divine wisdom choices.

Taking away some classes to make a few others better here is unnecessary because the meta is largely balanced as far as meleeing is concerned.

Tempest would have to rely on stunning blow, and that is a major downgrade, while also omitting dex builds entirely.

Rouges, outside of traps, have nothing for on demand hard cc without dire charge. And rogues just recently got bumped up dps from the vfk tree. Which was effectively adding a kensei-like tree for daggers, that also allowed the use of the assassin 18 and 20 cores. Imagine how worse rogue could have been off.

Fighters get slightly less impacted due to all around higher dc and the feats to improve trips. Vanguard is also great at on demand hard cc and gets more play, though without vanguard tree paladins get hit even worse.

Probably the most negatively impacted class of all is paladin. Lacking anything resembling modern melee power and doublestrike values, and without many feats to spare. That and aasimar2win shitted on paladins by having a racial lay on hands outclass the pally class LoH by a mile, and a racial tree that makes for a better undead beater because it is allowed to take a better class. GG. No Re.

Barbs would be ok but only because ear smash is good. still not great for barbs.

Bards would still have great cc in freeze/guardbreaking/fascinate/knockdown. Probably sees a slight increase in play. They are behind in dps to rise too high in play rate.

Monks have infinite ways of causing cc. Even larger shift to monk if this happens.

Monk Splashes and animals would also greatly swell in numbers.

Taking away dire charge will clearly negatively affect the diversity of the abundant choice meta that melees are currently enjoying. dont do it.

And toggling frog might cause for less druids and clerics. Touching either of these feats is a terrible choice for even the stupidest of developers and players. 

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Count Dante
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 5:40pm:
3) Surviving as a caster =/= playing well as a caster. Yes, if you're in a group it's easier to survive if you're playing a caster or ranged character and hiding in the back, but not being dead doesn't mean you're contributing. 

I'll take the caster who stays alive and CCs any day over the jack-off, insecure little bitches who think slowly instant killing their way through mobs (which pretty much anyone else can do with two pushes of the button instead of one), draining their spellpoints then ending up dead because they're useless in a boss fight.

In high end reaper epics warlocks are only good for CC and not much else.  Anyone building a lock for DPS just wants to be a superstar and is a drain on the group.

Grand wrote on Mar 11th, 2017 at 12:08am:
I'm a big believer in the old adage saw that you should never make a bet you can't afford to lose!

Welcher.

IP Logged

MisterHank
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
I vote for Damonzz even though Tilo is actually a really nice person.
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2018 at 11:32pm by MisterHank »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #42 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
Arguably the best DC Caster on ghallanda is a warlock. He takes advantage of the best parts of the class. He is 3 k + HP, fully functional DCs, wings, and to intimidate. He has Necro, cc, and tanking abilities.

If you play warlock, you need to play it like that. You're obviously going to miss out on spells slots, but tentacles is one of the best forms of ubiquitous crowd control in the game.

The primary weakness for locks in my opinion is lack of charms, and more difficult to get spell pen.

Granted, I still play sorcerer because it's a better pure Caster---warlocks are very good though. When built correctly they are extremely effective. The Warlock I'm talking about is Pelc and anyone on Ghallnda can attest to the fact that he has the smoothest R10 dailies, and perhaps the most Reaper XP on the server.

~~~

Obviously a bunch of f****** retards also play Warlock.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

MisterHank
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 12:09am
Print Post  
[quote author=6D55545E5F485C4F567C554A4A437853544E3A0 link=1535135181/42#42 date=1535255030] Arguably the best DC Caster on ghallanda is a warlock. He takes advantage of the best parts of the class. He is 3 k + HP, fully functional DCs, wings, and to intimidate. He has Necro, cc, and tanking abilities.

If you play warlock, you need to play it like that. You're obviously going to miss out on spells slots, but tentacles is one of the best forms of ubiquitous crowd control in the game.

The primary weakness for locks in my opinion is lack of charms, and more difficult to get spell pen.

Granted, I still play sorcerer because it's a better pure Caster---warlocks are very good though. When built correctly they are extremely effective. The Warlock I'm talking about is Pelc and anyone on Ghallnda can attest to the fact that he has the smoothest R10 dailies, and perhaps the most Reaper XP on the server.

~~~

Obviously a bunch of f****** retards also play Warlock.[/quote]

Why warlock though?
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2018 at 12:09am by MisterHank »  

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #44 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 12:10am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 11:06pm:
I think they are both great and are needed, especially on classes that offer 0 ways of cc'ing in their tree.  Frog is perfect as is. Giving it an int/cha toggle makes it worse for divine wisdom choices.

Taking away some classes to make a few others better here is unnecessary because the meta is largely balanced as far as meleeing is concerned.

Tempest would have to rely on stunning blow, and that is a major downgrade, while also omitting dex builds entirely.

Rouges, outside of traps, have nothing for on demand hard cc without dire charge. And rogues just recently got bumped up dps from the vfk tree. Which was effectively adding a kensei-like tree for daggers, that also allowed the use of the assassin 18 and 20 cores. Imagine how worse rogue could have been off.

Fighters get slightly less impacted due to all around higher dc and the feats to improve trips. Vanguard is also great at on demand hard cc and gets more play, though without vanguard tree paladins get hit even worse.

Probably the most negatively impacted class of all is paladin. Lacking anything resembling modern melee power and doublestrike values, and without many feats to spare. That and aasimar2win shitted on paladins by having a racial lay on 4hands outclass the pally class LoH by a mile, and a racial tree that makes for a better undead beater because it is allowed to take a better class. GG. No Re.

Barbs would be ok but only because ear smash is good. still not great for barbs.

Bards would still have great cc in freeze/guardbreaking/fascinate/knockdown. Probably sees a slight increase in play. They are behind in dps to rise too high in play rate.

Monks have infinite ways of causing cc. Even larger shift to monk if this happens.

Monk Splashes and animals would also greatly swell in numbers.

Taking away dire charge will clearly negatively affect the diversity of the abundant choice meta that melees are currently enjoying. dont do it.

And toggling frog might cause for less druids and clerics. Touching either of these feats is a terrible choice for even the stupidest of developers and players. 

I actually like dire charge, but the fact that it makes dedicated cc largely irrelevant in a lot of content could be viewed as a negative by people who are super into trinity-style role play. There were probably better ways for them to accomplish what dire charge accomplished, but it was good enough imo.

My point was less that I find dire charge objectionable (I don't) than it was that there's more to comment on with dire charge than there is with mass frog.

And yes, all bugs aside I really do like mass frog and don't think it should be changed (aside from possibly making it work with heighten and subtracting an appropriate amount of dc).

Count Dante wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 11:19pm:
I'll take the caster who stays alive and CCs any day over the jack-off, insecure little bitches who think slowly instant killing their way through mobs (which pretty much anyone else can do with two pushes of the button instead of one), draining their spellpoints then ending up dead because they're useless in a boss fight.

In high end reaper epics warlocks are only good for CC and not much else.  Anyone building a lock for DPS just wants to be a superstar and is a drain on the group. 

Yep.

On Cannith you get a lot of warlocks who contribute absolutely nothing to a group. Many of them are ES cap and/or in US. Some of them think they're "hurlers" and proudly announce it, as though hurl in and of itself is valuable enough to make you worth spending a spot on.

WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 11:43pm:
Arguably the best DC Caster on ghallanda is a warlock. He takes advantage of the best parts of the class. He is 3 k + HP, fully functional DCs, wings, and to intimidate. He has Necro, cc, and tanking abilities.

~~~

Obviously a bunch of f****** retards also play Warlock.

I'm sure this guy is great, but I'm sure you'd agree that he's the exception rather than the norm. A good player can make any class playable so it comes down to personal preference, but like you said sorc is a better pure caster than warlock.
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2018 at 2:04am by Pseudonym »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 1:38am
Print Post  
Rzyman wrote on Aug 24th, 2018 at 10:55pm:
There very few ways to collect some initial points: do pussy reaper - including all cheese classes: monk, warlock, barbarian, particulary wizard, ranger and fvs and skulls up to 4-5 both heroic and legendary. Another way is farm amber on 10 - way much more respectable huh? Smiley

There's another way that anyone on any class should be able to do even on a first life character:  Run at elite bb levels on r1.  You take a 50% hit to your rxp, but you're not looking for rxp when you do that.  You're looking for a 40% boost to your regular xp so you can rip through a heroic life faster.  And in the process you'll pick up some reaper points.  At some point in there you should be able to start running r1 at level, and eliminate the rxp penalty while still enjoying the 40% xp bonus.  And then r2, r3, etc just follow.

noamineo wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 1:07am:
Knew a guy like that a long while ago, basically thought game mechanics would work differently because he said so(this was in another game where the tank/DPS/healer trinity was very strictly enforced). Had another friend flat out tell him "No, the people who made the game say it doesn't work that way" and he still left the argument insisting that it did.

In DDO that guy would be a guru.  He'd have figured out the square circles thing years before anyone else.

Re the OP:  I don't care.  Tilomere is like a stopped clock:  Twice a day it is correct.  I ran his electric critzilla build and it played well.  But I could look at it and see that it was going to play well.  Most of his builds I look at and just think that it is a pile of crap.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #46 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 9:16am
Print Post  
[quote author=152D2C26273024372E042D32323B002B2C36420 link=1535135181/42#42 date=1535255030]Arguably the best DC Caster on ghallanda is a warlock. He takes advantage of the best parts of the class. He is 3 k + HP, fully functional DCs, wings, and to intimidate. He has Necro, cc, and tanking abilities.

~~~

Obviously a bunch of f****** retards also play Warlock.[/quote]
This.

I did play a wiz undead some time ago and it worked really great in r5-7 even habing only 1k hp.

I could instakill pretty much everything but used just in large group of mobs and to take down some champs fast but most of the time i was just ccing since we had a good group.

I know instakills are fun and all but fucking the heal amp and dont deal with retarded instakills is the most retarded shit they did in reaper.

Dear players,

Love,

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 10:50am
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 8:34am:
Now with power creep and the moronic cheese like warlocks, monks, charms, kiting, instakills, etc, any retarded can play in high level shit.

You mean the majority of classes now is cheese? What is not cheese for you, DPS caster at cap?
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2018 at 10:51am by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 11:05am
Print Post  
[quote author=1E26272D2C3B2F3C250F263939300B20273D490 link=1535135181/42#42 date=1535255030]Arguably the best DC Caster on ghallanda is a warlock. He takes advantage of the best parts of the class. He is 3 k + HP, fully functional DCs, wings, and to intimidate. He has Necro, cc, and tanking abilities.

If you play warlock, you need to play it like that. [/quote]

Nothing agaisnt this guy, I've seen him in some vids and he looks great, but it's kinda hard to play bad when you have all that bang power and defensive power supporting you no? That is the problem with this game, too much quantity values.

IP Logged

Rickyretardo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 11:05am:
Nothing agaisnt this guy, I've seen him in some vids and he looks great, but it's kinda hard to play bad when you have all that bang power and defensive power supporting you no? That is the problem with this game, too much quantity values.

Problem is classes/builds like warlocks that are tankier than most melee; while sporting everything in the book except (maybe) red named DPS... ... but yeah, let us just keep on bashing any of the future melee buffs instead.  Undecided

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint