Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Clash of the Titans! (Read 12787 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Clash of the Titans!
Reply #75 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 10:48am:
Right, they finish in 200 hours completion time. Unless you're talking a about a couple quests in house j

Melee couldnt do it in 400 hours.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rickyretardo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 9:57am:
Kind of contradicting no? I am against every class being able to have everything, so in the case of melee, they shouldn't have AoE CC with 12 secs cooldown.

I don't know, but for me this kind of stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKTLXzPogEE is more classy, intresting, harder and skill based than the game we have today

Edit: and there wasn't all really much difference coming from grinded xp, what a completionist could do, you could do on a 32 pt build

Edit2: back on subject, melee are more powerful than any other style and don't need buffing imho, yes, we have to halt these coming buffs

How about trying to solo r10 WGU on a melee? Not 'classy' enough I guess, or perhaps it just 'too easy' with that 'dire charge' and all?

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #77 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 12:09pm:
Melee couldnt do it in 400 hours.

the point is nobody yes door about those completions. Game shouldn't be balanced around what these people decide to boild their brains in 200 hours

Rickyretardo wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 12:46pm:
How about trying to solo r10 WGU on a melee? Not 'classy' enough I guess, or perhaps it just 'too easy' with that 'dire charge' and all?

Why do you think this is an argument? They haven't done that on a caster

WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 11:11am:
You can prolly solo madness of crowds on a melee. It's a good target for a rogue solo. 30min or less

Funny I just saw a 11 min melee video of this
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2018 at 2:11pm by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #78 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 11:10am:
I agree with you but if we remove dire charge what melees are going to do in high skulls?

Wait for cc and beat dummies?

The game now is dumber than before even with reaper bs that just ruined lots of builds.

Yes, kill the CCed stuff and bosses. Why do you think melee is supposed to do everything while other styles are not? You have to decide if you want everyone to do everything or not

IP Logged

Rickyretardo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #79 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 31st, 2018 at 1:59pm:
Why do you think this is an argument? They haven't done that on a caster

Isn't it obvious?

The Video you linked was the toughest non-raid content you could possibly do at the time. Harbour Q's aren't quests that I would exactly point at and scream 'look OP' due to their simplistic nature. (please do note, that it's probably harder to do R10 solo today on a melee than EE-WGU back in the day).

If a melee can do everything as you claim, please show me some proof of it. Melee wouldn't be my go-to for solo rxping -- totally lacks pacing and presence.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #80 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Rickyretardo wrote on Aug 31st, 2018 at 3:40pm:
(please do note, that it's probably harder to do R10 solo today on a melee than EE-WGU back in the day).

Much harder to r10, not even close tbh. Took me 35~45 minute completions for my solos in ee wgu around 3 years ago, using wolves, barbs, swashbucklers, and paladins. Faster when using the jump spot to skip part 1 on the glacier and 40-45~ minutes normal route.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #81 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 31st, 2018 at 2:10pm:
Yes, kill the CCed stuff and bosses. Why do you think melee is supposed to do everything while other styles are not? You have to decide if you want everyone to do everything or not

Thats why the game is dead.

Only a few do high skulls shit because even with good groups it is boring as fuck.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #82 - Sep 1st, 2018 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 31st, 2018 at 3:46pm:
Much harder to r10, not even close tbh. Took me 35~45 minute completions for my solos in ee wgu around 3 years ago, using wolves, barbs, swashbucklers, and paladins. Faster when using the jump spot to skip part 1 on the glacier and 40-45~ minutes normal route.

He wants to compare soloing EE in 2012-15 to soloing r10 in 2018. This is the level of argumentation we're dealing here. Okay sure R10 is not like it was in the begginning of 2017, but still...

ILoveExploits wrote on Aug 31st, 2018 at 6:02pm:

Only a few do high skulls shit because even with good groups it is boring as fuck.

That is one of the reasons. The other is that as a returning vet or new player you realize to do the stuff the hardcores are doing in this game you'll need to sacrifice a bunch of your real life to grind so that you can shine in a game that is dying and nobody yes door: not worth the investiment.
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2018 at 12:32pm by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #83 - Sep 1st, 2018 at 12:59pm
Print Post  

Ehh each to their own. High(er) skulls epics is the only fun thing left, imo.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #84 - Sep 1st, 2018 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Sep 1st, 2018 at 12:59pm:
Ehh each to their own. High(er) skulls epics is the only fun thing left, imo.

It is the only challenge but it is not as fun as end game used to be.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #85 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 3:09am
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Sep 1st, 2018 at 2:10pm:
It is the only challenge but it is not as fun as end game used to be.

Agreed.

Running mid to high skull raids is the closest thing I've found to the old end game feeling, because roles/strategy/having a group that doesn't suck become things that matter again. Unlike the old end game, there isn't much content with relevant gear. Only 4 out of the 10 level 30+ raids have anything that people would realistically be using at level 30. The majority of classes fill the majority of their gear slots with Ravenloft quest items that're easy to get, which is nothing like having to farm for (potentially) months to get one thing that you want. It took lots of people years to get their esos shard, and that wasn't even a full item. Compare that to 2018, where I can get a full set of endgame gear (albeit not with maxed out reaper and mythic bonuses) in less than one month without having to try hard or get particularly lucky. Oh, and most of that gear is BTA.

The current endgame suffers from both a lack of difficult content and a lack of long-term incentive to run said difficult content. For all of the problems with FoS's tiered loot system, he was absolutely correct that making difficult content worth running requires some form of motivation beyond a marginally higher chance at getting the exact same item.

The current loot system is immensely favorable for those of us who use bots, because the odds of me pulling the item I want with the reaper and mythic bonuses that I want are so low and scale so little based on skulls that in nearly all cases if I'm loot farming I'm better off running the same content on a lower difficulty with bots.

My two main thoughts are
- A good end game needs longevity, which the old s/s/s/base system coupled with a whole bunch of raids that had bis gear provided but the current system does not
- A good end game needs to contain difficult content that's worth running, which was easier to do in the old epic system than it is with the current difficulty system coupled with the current loot system
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2018 at 3:12am by Pseudonym »  

IP Logged

Rickyretardo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #86 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 4:18am
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Sep 1st, 2018 at 12:14pm:
He wants to compare soloing EE in 2012-15 to soloing r10 in 2018. This is the level of argumentation we're dealing here. Okay sure R10 is not like it was in the begginning of 2017, but still...

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 12:46pm:
I don't know, but for me this kind of stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKTLXzPogEE is more classy, intresting, harder and skill based than the game we have today

For the love of your mother, never buy a gun.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #87 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 8:23am
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Sep 3rd, 2018 at 3:09am:
Running mid to high skull raids is the closest thing I've found to the old end game feeling, because roles/strategy/having a group that doesn't suck become things that matter again.

Kinda.  I like the need for strategy over zerging.  I like the need for cooperation over zerging.  And I like the need to not be a pile of dumb fucks over zerging.

But then the fact that 20+ rez scrolls are used makes the feeling like it isn't an exercise in resource management kind of fade away.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #88 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Sep 3rd, 2018 at 3:09am:
Agreed.

Running mid to high skull raids is the closest thing I've found to the old end game feeling, because roles/strategy/having a group that doesn't suck become things that matter again.

Yes but we only can have this because theres no champs in raids.

While i think champs are cool and all the oh fuck bad luck champ harder than bosses bs is stupid.

Mulit procs and damage on spells, the ignore fort + damage boost crap and some other combos are just stupid.

Afte run a dc caster life with my main toon i understand why we have those broken champs. It is the only way to kill multi pl toons and some caster ranged.

Dear players,

Love,

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #89 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Sep 3rd, 2018 at 3:40pm:

While i think champs are cool and all the oh fuck bad luck champ harder than bosses bs is stupid.

Mulit procs and damage on spells, the ignore fort + damage boost crap and some other combos are just stupid.

Afte run a dc caster life with my main toon i understand why we have those broken champs. It is the only way to kill multi pl toons and some caster ranged.

Lmao sounds exactly like whining about facing extra strong extra fast lightning fetish champ in diablo 2 act 3 back in my days :-D Champs are great right now as is. Champs are not that strong on elite. Champs buffed on reaper cause people wanned challenge - they get it. Multiprocs were annoying, yet they fixed it for sure.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #90 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Rzyman wrote on Sep 3rd, 2018 at 6:52pm:
Lmao sounds exactly like whining about facing extra strong extra fast lightning fetish champ in diablo 2 act 3 back in my days :-D Champs are great right now as is. Champs are not that strong on elite. Champs buffed on reaper cause people wanned challenge - they get it. Multiprocs were annoying, yet they fixed it for sure.

it is not fixed, just got a group wiped last night in r6 death house because 1 ghost with force damage casting meteor swarm.

It is not a challenge, it is just dumb.

Dear players,

Love,

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #91 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 7:11pm
Print Post  

Is farming slavers/amber/raids/lifes much funnier? Most competent players who can do higher skulls group up and do higher skulls. Cause if its "boring" for you to play, just stop to play :-D if your toon and player skill that huge that you can do anything r10 with no fail and deathes, and you find it boring, there will be no fun for you in r1 shormans, unti you like to enjoy to power creep over mobs who cant do anything to you.

I've ran higher skulls in different parties, god ones, bad ones, with 2 competent wizzies and with one, with no healer and with 3 divines in a party. Im pretty sure you are kind of those who can only attack held mob and getting oneshot by any cleave or random aggro. There is aleways work for any competent player in higher skulls dependless what are you playing: tank, cc, dps, healer or insta. You have to build smart, have to know how to kite and when to kite, how to position self and how to use map, corners, objects. There is a lot of cheese, yet until you know all of it, until you beat everything with no wipes its not that boring.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #92 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Sep 3rd, 2018 at 6:59pm:
it is not fixed, just got a group wiped last night in r6 death house because 1 ghost with force damage casting meteor swarm.

It is not a challenge, it is just dumb.

Lol its clearly WAI. I was talking about multiproc DoTs. And ghosts are the reason you take massfrogger in a party and pull your pale stones, until you have now real tank and ranged dps Smiley Ghosts also do aoe untyped damage and cast flesh to stone. Something good players are ready to face :b

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #93 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Rzyman wrote on Sep 3rd, 2018 at 7:11pm:
Is farming slavers/amber/raids/lifes much funnier? Most competent players who can do higher skulls group up and do higher skulls. Cause if its "boring" for you to play, just stop to play :-D if your toon and player skill that huge that you can do anything r10 with no fail and deathes, and you find it boring, there will be no fun for you in r1 shormans, unti you like to enjoy to power creep over mobs who cant do anything to you.

I've ran higher skulls in different parties, god ones, bad ones, with 2 competent wizzies and with one, with no healer and with 3 divines in a party. Im pretty sure you are kind of those who can only attack held mob and getting oneshot by any cleave or random aggro. There is aleways work for any competent player in higher skulls dependless what are you playing: tank, cc, dps, healer or insta. You have to build smart, have to know how to kite and when to kite, how to position self and how to use map, corners, objects. There is a lot of cheese, yet until you know all of it, until you beat everything with no wipes its not that boring.

A lot of ppl seens to be taking your advice and quit the game.

Ive been doing epics since sands become epic.
Atm we have the worst end game ever.

R1 is easier than EE and r10 is stupidly boring.
you dont need to be good to beat held mobs in r10 all you need is a good caster.

Dear players,

Love,

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #94 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
Rzyman wrote on Sep 3rd, 2018 at 7:14pm:
Lol its clearly WAI. I was talking about multiproc DoTs. And ghosts are the reason you take massfrogger in a party and pull your pale stones, until you have now real tank and ranged dps Smiley Ghosts also do aoe untyped damage and cast flesh to stone. Something good players are ready to face :b

I was wearing my pale stone, any other great advices?

Dear players,

Love,

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #95 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Sep 3rd, 2018 at 7:19pm:
I was wearing my pale stone, any other great advices?

I dont know your party setup. If you had no monks with good tomb DC, if you had no wizzy with goodhalt undead DC, no frogger (if triple law wont help though), if you had no tank (no champ mage can kill 4+k 300mrr guy on r6 as the tank I was literally immortal up to r9, and ghosts are intimidable), if you had them but they had no spell absorb, jibbers, cant recovery by corner, etc, than you just should not play difficulty this high ^^ I do remember r6 invition run with the monk as the tank. We still were learning game and almost wiped at south tower top cause of same reason: ghosts. Party was decent and had no clue what to do. Just tank making this fight cheesy ass hell up to r10. Frogger or couple divines in general and you dont need even a tank.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #96 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Rzyman wrote on Sep 3rd, 2018 at 7:34pm:
I dont know your party setup. If you had no monks with good tomb DC, if you had no wizzy with goodhalt undead DC, no frogger (if triple law wont help though), if you had no tank (no champ mage can kill 4+k 300mrr guy on r6 as the tank I was literally immortal up to r9, and ghosts are intimidable), if you had them but they had no spell absorb, jibbers, cant recovery by corner, etc, than you just should not play difficulty this high ^^ I do remember r6 invition run with the monk as the tank. We still were learning game and almost wiped at south tower top cause of same reason: ghosts. Party was decent and had no clue what to do. Just tank making this fight cheesy ass hell up to r10. Frogger or couple divines in general and you dont need even a tank.

We had a good group and we did recover just fine after the wipe.

The point is those moments are not a challenge or fun, it is just stupid.

They should fix the power creep instead to create stupid broken champs or even this bs reaper.

Reaper is basically nerf all the stupid power creep they sell.

Dear players,

Love,

IP Logged

Rickyretardo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #97 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Sep 3rd, 2018 at 3:40pm:

I hardly know what any of the champs do till I swap to melee. Amazed that SSG haven't tried to balance this since the inception.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #98 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Sep 3rd, 2018 at 7:18pm:
you dont need to be good to beat held mobs in r10 all you need is a good caster.

Thanks for approving my thoughts about you. In r10 runs folks of yourkind usually end quests with 10-15 deathes. Too bad there many CC immune champs, nasty bosses and mobs that keep rolling their 20 :-D
Again you are complaining about reaper difficulty itself, about stupid op champs, and boring gameplay. Who the fuck forcing you to play anything higher than r1? (Cause its new elute rn) And why even try r6 if you like power creep more? You want more cheese, more power creep, more challenge or what? You have 10 difficulties, just pick one you may enjoy, isnt it simple solution? Again, I dare you, just try to build any spellcaster, or monk, or even fucking warlock and run r8+. You will find out that it wont just work in your hands until you know spells, mobs and their attacks, saves, positioning, tactics ans all the shit. Higher skulls is not only about builds and DCs, its about tactics and using sorts of cheese. And if you dont see it not meaning it doesnt exist lol.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #99 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
Rzyman wrote on Sep 3rd, 2018 at 7:55pm:
Thanks for approving my thoughts about you. In r10 runs folks of yourkind usually end quests with 10-15 deathes. Too bad there many CC immune champs, nasty bosses and mobs that keep rolling their 20 :-D
Again you are complaining about reaper difficulty itself, about stupid op champs, and boring gameplay. Who the fuck forcing you to play anything higher than r1? (Cause its new elute rn) And why even try r6 if you like power creep more? You want more cheese, more power creep, more challenge or what? You have 10 difficulties, just pick one you may enjoy, isnt it simple solution? Again, I dare you, just try to build any spellcaster, or monk, or even fucking warlock and run r8+. You will find out that it wont just work in your hands until you know spells, mobs and their attacks, saves, positioning, tactics ans all the shit. Higher skulls is not only about builds and DCs, its about tactics and using sorts of cheese. And if you dont see it not meaning it doesnt exist lol.

I dont give a flying fuck about you amd what you think lol.

Even with 10 skulls end game now is worse then ever.

Just because you cheese r10, it dont make you a good player.

Dear players,

Love,

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint