Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Reaper points vs skull level (Read 3893 times)
Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Re: Reaper points vs skull level
Reply #25 - Aug 30th, 2018 at 2:40am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 28th, 2018 at 8:35am:
And on the flip side -

If you have this many reaper points, you have no business joining a group running that low  Tongue

It depends on my mood and whatever else I have going on.  If I've got a book on podcast playing or whatever and I want to be able to not have to replay parts when I get distracted by the game, I'll run ee bb levels on r1.  So easy now even on my least played alts.  I'll throw up a lfm if it's a quest where I can't be slowed down by other people, otherwise I'm just cruising solo.

If I'm just playing the game then it's at level and as many skulls as I can handle.  In heroics I tend to not push it much because the rxp just isn't that great, but in epics I want the first time rxp to be as much as possible.  Reaper accomplished one goal very well:  You can make a hell of a lot more rxp and faster grouped with peers than solo.

Skoodge wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 12:20am:
Now let's talk about playing -

Your level 20 running the initial sagas in epics, what's your spread?  Do you open your group up 20-30 so a capped toon with RL gear can come in for speed runs?  Or do you keep your level tight (20-22 or 20-24) because it's still going to be a speed run with an even half way decent group?

First time, no way.  I want bb xp.  After an ER no problem. 

Skoodge wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 12:20am:
So let me ask you -

Would you ever, ever, ever jump in someone's elite group in heroics?  Ever?  Because personally, my builds and gear are tight enough that I don't belong in an elite group.

Sure.  There are quests that I hit while knocking out a heroic life that I will run on reaper/elite/hard because they are just great xp and/or I want certain things from the end rewards.  And I'll help out a guildy or someone on my friends list if they ask and I'm free.

I don't grind levels much, so it doesn't feel like a sidetrack for me to not just follow the same leveling quest path and do something else for a while.  On challenge bonus weekends I'll hit all of the level appropriate challenges, for example.  Great first time XP, mats to buy items or XP pots or tokens with, and it's a change of pace that only lasts a few days every few months.  When crystal cove or night revels or anniversary party rolls around, I'm in it until I'm bored with it unless there's something very compelling keeping me coming back, like the rose colored sentient food.  I'm not bothered if that puts my TR back a few days or weeks or whatever, I like the change of pace the events bring every so often even though I'm not earning any rxp in them.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint