Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Shiradi in current meta? (Read 1889 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Shiradi in current meta?
Aug 29th, 2018 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
What is the Shiradi build is like in the current iteration of the game? I played one and loved it, but that was many updates ago, before reaper.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Re: Shiradi in current meta?
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Honestly, for a bow user it's pretty weak. I much prefer Legendary Dreadnought or Fury of the Wild.

It might be ok for a Thrower, however, but I wouldn't really know these days.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Caster-wise...

The last guy I heard of playing one felt that the damage was pretty awful after r5. In r10 you need an ender set---and you're mostly a tanky CC. Twist the hate multiplier and use your 3k hp to be a hate tank? (Am thinking of pally / fvs / wiz split.) I'm not a big fan of em myself. You can use the sceptre with fire crit chance and reset-swap it for some cheese.

They're probably still great in R1.

I think their dps doesn't go higher than 6k sustained but I could be wrong. Most melee are @ 10k sustained (at least) with some hitting 18-20k temporary.
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2018 at 6:43pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
That's kind of a shame, it was tops at DPS for a while there. Also I thought it was a warlock/fvs/wizard split? Might have the name wrong, its the build where you spam cheap missile attacks to proc double rainbow and Prism?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #4 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Shiradi throwers are still something viable on mid to high skulls and the only way to beat liche in Search and Rescue on r10 before you get old and die. Yet they are blinding a lot, and thats terrible on higher skulls. Dps is not that terrible (still 10k stars half of the time) yet not really good. On elite and lower skulls they may perform superb.

All the wizard shiradis cant really perform well outside elite, just my opinion. I've seen them a lot: many returning players or old toons. Not a single impressed me. Too random, too sp dependent and no utility (low level spells with trash DC)

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Yeah I wouldnt be interested in playing a bow or throwing shiradi. Damn, was really looking forward to running one again Tongue

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 30th, 2018 at 12:04am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 6:36pm:
They're probably still great in R1.

I think their dps doesn't go higher than 6k sustained but I could be wrong. Most melee are @ 10k sustained (at least) with some hitting 18-20k temporary.

Great for elite or r1, but for that difficulty a fusilade rogue will blow it out of the water, as will any properly geared and played melee.

I will dps test a shiradi on lam next time it comes up. With RL gear; should be around 50 seconds. Possibly 20 if I proc the good joy, and stack mok, empyrean, scourge fully.

Last time I tested was on u31 lama preview. The wizard build ( 13/4fv/3wlk ) was around 70 seconds with good joy proc ( which put it around what 1st life non-wolf melee dps did back then ). I suspect at that time a 1st life goldie/eth sorc version would be around 25% faster, @50~ seconds.

Crazy to see how much dps has increased since then, and that was an era with double to triple boosting + kta/dm comboing.

Rzyman wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 7:05pm:
All the wizard shiradis cant really perform well outside elite, just my opinion. I've seen them a lot: many returning players or old toons. Not a single impressed me. Too random, too sp dependent and no utility (low level spells with trash DC)

You and I just showed this today ;p.

Bonegrinder r1; I was able to keep up with a 20 shintao ( boat load of past lives, but the player was weak and didnt understand how good displace is and how bad being in US ED is).

r4; he more than doubled my kills on a US ed. gg me.

r7?; I proc'd good joy and was ahead until after 5 minutes expired  Grin

WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 6:36pm:
y I heard of playing one felt that the damage was pretty awful after r5

I feel like my damage is halved as soon as i step into r3.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #7 - Aug 30th, 2018 at 1:15am
Print Post  
Anybody know how high into skulls Pin, Whistler, and Nerve Venom still work?

Is the wiki right about cc duration not being reduced lower than 6 seconds?

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #8 - Aug 30th, 2018 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
According to ruin tests you're lookin' @ 37.5% of your damage on LE on r3.

« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2018 at 12:39pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Aug 30th, 2018 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 6:49pm:
That's kind of a shame, it was tops at DPS for a while there. Also I thought it was a warlock/fvs/wizard split? Might have the name wrong, its the build where you spam cheap missile attacks to proc double rainbow and Prism?

It's been a long while since I've seen a shiradi caster in live.  The build that seemed popular at the time, and this was before warlock came out, was wiz/sorc/fvs.  Odd caster levels determine number of mms.  Then just spam mm/chain/force and count on the procs to boost your damage.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Aug 30th, 2018 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 30th, 2018 at 2:59pm:
It's been a long while since I've seen a shiradi caster in live.  The build that seemed popular at the time, and this was before warlock came out, was wiz/sorc/fvs.  Odd caster levels determine number of mms.  Then just spam mm/chain/force and count on the procs to boost your damage.

Yes I did a life that way back in the day, was a lot of fun. Ah well.

IP Logged

froggy
Stormreaver Piker

LUDICROUS SPEED GO!!!!!!!

Reply #11 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 12:47am
Print Post  

We kill the batman.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint