Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Questions about sorc/druid immunity bypass (Read 2714 times)
Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Questions about sorc/druid immunity bypass
Sep 7th, 2018 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
First, t5 debuff.
Does it remove any energy resistance?
Does it have 30s duration and 20s cooldown?

Savant capstone/druid 17 form:
Do target loose immunity after I hit it with spell and will it be immune/healed with initial spell and loose immunity after? Or initial spell will do damage aswell?
Only spells from spellbook cause loosing immunity or epic spells/ED SLAs working too?
How long debuff lasting?
Will sorc fire savant core 4 or any other DoT spells refresh immunity loss timer?

I've not run a sorc or druid since they've updated them, so wonder what it's lloking like. Not much info on wiki. Soonish will find out most of it myself cause Im rolling sorc rn, yet would like to know it, so answers will be apriciated Smiley
For now all I know about debuffs, they remove immunity and healing from element from mob for all party members. Say if druid in a party in fire elemental form producing fire on iron golem, wizard in a party will do damage to it aswell with fireballs instead of healing it.
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2018 at 8:13pm by Rzyman »  

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Re: Questions about sorc/druid immunity bypass
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
Not sure how it works for sorcs; but for druids if the druid hits the enemy while their appropriate mantle spell is up, it'll fully strip immunity.

I was running around tossing Purity of Flames on DPSers when I was derping around as a fire based dragonboring druid-fvs combo.

After the first tick of whatever spell you cast; everything will take normal damage even if it was previously immune and or healed the mob. I loved watching Pugs flip their shit in VoN5 and Ravenloft whenever I threw firewalls on the golems.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
Mate you've not answered a single question :-D do initial tick/spell do damage? What about epic spells/slas? Time?

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #3 - Sep 8th, 2018 at 6:31am
Print Post  
Rzyman wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 8:08pm:
Does it have 30s duration and 20s cooldown?

Yes.

Does it remove any energy resistance?

surprisely, yes! Confirmed on fire resistant champs.

You cant bypass Sorjeck fire immunity with it as fire sorc\druid. Still need 3d rune  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2018 at 6:42am by Rzyman »  

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #4 - Sep 8th, 2018 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Rzyman wrote on Sep 8th, 2018 at 6:31am:
surprisely, yes! Confirmed on fire resistant champs

Actually not 100% of times. Some champs keep taking reduced fire damage with awaken elemental weakness debuff, some taking increased. It maybe depend on champ type, but seems not about basic resistance, cause infernal fiendish troglodite shaman taken increased fire damage.

You can bypass dr of most bosses and elementals, yet two notable exceptions for fire: sorjeck and Undermine boss kobold. No clue why but this guy kept immunity.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #5 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Savant capstone/druid 17 form:
Do target loose immunity after I hit it with spell and will it be immune/healed with initial spell and loose immunity after? Or initial spell will do damage aswell?
Only spells from spellbook cause loosing immunity or epic spells/ED SLAs working too?
How long debuff lasting?
Will sorc fire savant core 4 or any other DoT spells refresh immunity loss timer

1) initial spell will do no damadege and will be healed if healing from element. Mob will loose immunity for next ones.
2) seems yes, only spells from spellbook. ED SLAs and multi-effect spells like prismatic ray do not remove immunity.
3) hard to calculate, there no icon of it. Fairly long though, around 12 seconds.
4) seems not. Fire savant core doesnt refresh it for sure, not sure about actual dot spells, nit taken burning blood (and not sure it will actually rip immunity, look at 2)

Overal with sorc sp pool and savant SLAs its not a big deal to put another spell after cc to rip immunity. So on epics you can go deeper in racial tree and EK for defensive SLAs and more prr. DPS of sorc around two times better than warlock dps yet warlock pfft pfft for free and sorcs are spending sp. The real thing that ruining this class as actual dps is global spell cooldown. You cant cast more than 3 spells in ~2 seconds. Yet still with 1100+ spellpower, +200 boosts and +300 metamagic they have incredible aoe burst ability, I am talking about 50k+ nonreaper crit damage with dragon breath over helpless. Its fairly enough to oneshot any shitton of trash up to ~r5. Nothing to do with sorcs on higher skulls right now imo, you are missing around 5 to  7 dc every school but evocation over wizard, have not that great dps (around 5-6k outside energy burst and dragonbreath). Shameful.
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2018 at 8:09am by Rzyman »  

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #6 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Rzyman wrote on Sep 11th, 2018 at 6:36pm:
Overal with sorc sp pool and savant SLAs its not a big deal to put another spell after cc to rip immunity. So on epics you can go deeper in racial tree and EK for defensive SLAs and more prr. DPS of sorc around two times better than warlock dps yet warlock pfft pfft for free and sorcs are spending sp.

It's more than this... It's a combination of the damage types: Warlock isn't doing JUST elemental damage, at any given time they're also doing Light + Evil/Force + Elemental. And that's not counting any damage from DoTs or Tentacles.

It also excludes the fact that Warlock is much better equipped with HP, Temp HP, UMD, PRR/MRR and unlimited blasting than even a fully twinked Sorc could ever hope to be.

A lot of people miss the point that DPS is a much more complicated calculation than:

DPS= Damage Dealt - Mob Resistances/Immunities.

It's more like:

DPS= Your Damage Dealt x (0-100% Mob Immunity) - Mob Resistances - Mob Damage Dealt - Your Remaining HP - Time spent Healing/Incapacitated/Dead.

In this regard, it's hard to see how even with massive numbers, a Sorc ever comes out ahead.

Rzyman wrote on Sep 11th, 2018 at 6:36pm:
Shameful.

Agreed.

Sorc needs help.

I always thought adding a secondary Spell power that works off their primary (Like Cleric Elemental Domains) would be a good start.

Something like:

Fire Savant: Your light spells now use the higher of your Light or Fire Spell Power and Lore. You gain Sunburst as an SLA.

Water Savant: Your Force, Untyped  and Physical Spells now use the Higher of your Force or Cold Spell power and Lore. You gain Horrid Wilting as an SLA.

Air Savant: Your Sonic Spells now use the higher of your Sonic or Electric Spell Power and Lore. You gain Soundburst and Reverberate as SLAs.

Earth Savant: Your Negative spells now use the Higher of your Negative or Acid Spell Power. You gain Earthquake as a Conjuration SLA.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #7 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 10:23am
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Sep 11th, 2018 at 9:02pm:
It's more than this... It's a combination of the damage types: Warlock isn't doing JUST elemental damage, at any given time they're also doing Light + Evil/Force + Elemental. And that's not counting any damage from DoTs or Tentacles.

It also excludes the fact that Warlock is much better equipped with HP, Temp HP, UMD, PRR/MRR and unlimited blasting than even a fully twinked Sorc could ever hope to be.

A lot of people miss the point that DPS is a much more complicated calculation than:

DPS= Damage Dealt - Mob Resistances/Immunities.

It's more like:

DPS= Your Damage Dealt x (0-100% Mob Immunity) - Mob Resistances - Mob Damage Dealt - Your Remaining HP - Time spent Healing/Incapacitated/Dead.

In this regard, it's hard to see how even with massive numbers, a Sorc ever comes out ahead.

Thats all making absolutely no sence consider I was talking about epics. You dont give a fk about mob 20 resist when you do 2-3k damage crits. Savant capstone bypasses immunty at all, yet % resistance sometimes hurt. Not badly though. No any use in warlock extra hp, cause outside tank build its just meaning taking 1 or two more hits on elite\r1. Sorcs are pretty durable themself cause of +30 prr just from savant and SLA. On legendary and higher skulls both sorc or dps warlock cant have good enough survivability, they rely only on CC.

In DPS terms sorc in my hands was actually okay up to r6-7. Still loosing a lot to good built monk\ranger, but at least can do notable damage and clean trash\nuke bosses. Higher than reaper 4 warlocks stop doing any damage. Warlock crits are capped at 2-3k total depending on build, and if they go for 3k they will loose any DC, so become super useless. Sorc crits are 5+k without loosing DCs (and same to better DC over warlock in general). Again, warlocks outside fey facing immunes. And tentacle and basic damage... Well its just a joke mate. While sorcs can bypass it.

Finally, warlocks before 21 do no damage on epics at all. You can only rely on necro or energy bursts. Till 26 their blast damage pretty decent. Starting 26 okay for lower skulls and elite. Sorcs at least have their higher-level offensive spells plus, again, better cooldown and DCs on necro.

Yet if you are talking about heroics, its mostly true. Lower level sorcs are not that great, And even mid-levels, when sorcs start to shine, they can 2-shot or 1-crit everything, while warlock 3-4 blast things, which is fast enough. On heroics tentacles do significant damage also, and with consume+stricken+focused blasts you may kill any immune guy pretty fast.

I dont think its about sorcs and dont think they need second savant\spellpower outside savant at all. The general issue is reaper scaling for energy damage or DPS numbers. When nowdays standars are up to 40-60k on 10-sbursts every 30 seconds and sustainable 12-20, spellcasting sustainable 5-8k dps just sucks.Once per minute you can do up to ~150k bursts damage with 2 energy bursts and 1 dragon breath, but it gives you maximum +2.5k (1.8k on average cause of only 64% crits) dps overall in a case of huge cooldowns. So in general full-retarded spellpower sorc can do pretty same dps on bosses as decently build thw or poorly geared and built twf.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #8 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 10:34am
Print Post  
Ice savant sorc may win around 20% single target DPS over fire and ele and get close to actual DPS, yet in a price of loosing AOE. Plus getting unfailbe DC both for evo and conj is not that easy task.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 11:07am
Print Post  
Rzyman wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 10:23am:
Yet if you are talking about heroics, its mostly true. Lower level sorcs are not that great, And even mid-levels, when sorcs start to shine, they can 2-shot or 1-crit everything, while warlock 3-4 blast things, which is fast enough. On heroics tentacles do significant damage also, and with consume+stricken+focused blasts you may kill any immune guy pretty fast.

In heroics, it is very hard for any casting class to compete with warlock's free dps.

A level 15 warlock deals a minimum average of 900~ from wave, and almost 200 from just a single cone hit.

332 radiance lv 15 [pact powers 338]

wave applies metas, 225 + 332 = 557 light power meta'd
wave scales 1.5 spell power, 557x1.5= 833.5 light spell power on wave hits.
563x1.5= 844.5 pact spell power on wave hits

spellpower multiplier
(833.5 + 100) / 100 = 9.335 multiplier for light power damage on wave
(844.5 + 100) / 100 = 9.445 multiplier for pact damage on wave

wave base dice
4d6 light =12 avg dmg. 12x9.335= 112.02 avg wave light damage
11d4 pact =22 avg dmg 22x9.445= 207.79 avg wave pact damage
112.02+207.79 = 319.81

three waves = 319.81x3= 959.43 avg minimum damage per wave activation

cone is 5d6 light dice 11d4 pact dice but scales with only 130% power and doesn't meta making it worse than wave, aura, and bursts on a per tick avg.
(note how pact damage is almost double the base damage for non-ES/aura/burst builds)
130% (cone) of 332 = 431.6 radiance power
130% (cone) of 338 = 439.4 pact power
(431.6 + 100) / 100 = 5.316  radiance multipler x 5d6 avg of 15, 15x5.316= 79.74 avg light damage per cone
( 439.4+ 100) / 100 = 5.394 pact damage multipler x11d4 avg of 22, 22x5.394 = 118.668 avg pact damage per cone
79.74+118.668= 198.408  total damage per cone tick.

That is nearly 1200 damage for free, in the first 2 seconds of combat, and it is the average minimum. meaning criticals are not calculated in. Evards is a few hundred damage, so say 1600~ aoe damage ( non-crit).

If going single target, then stricken + consume deal an additional 1k~. In the first 3~ seconds of an encounter, warlocks can deal over 2.2k minimum average damage for free, at level 15.

fireballs need to crit to get to that damage. And even in the case of crits, the fireball still only manages to match the non-crit value of a wave activation. SLA fireball alleviates some of the sp strain here, but it still is behind wave in damage.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #10 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
I've nevet told warlocks are not easy button on heroics >< Those numbers exactly what I mean. Sorc damage per fireball at ~15 would be 300-350 before crits. Warlock total blast around 200. Yes eldrich wave and eldrich blasts are better than actual sorc SLAs, yet they are interrupting attack sequence.
Tentacles is easy button on heroics too yet they are not providing helpless. The advantage of warlock class you can do sustainable\burst damage fast enough to take any hits. Starting lvl 8 if I run r1s I can just hold left mouse button and run to the endboss any quest, rarely interrupting attack chain for doors and tentacles.
Still, only source of helpless for warlock is hold\masshold, while sorc can shout, flash to stone, hold. At, say, 16, fireballs do 330+450(SLA)+550(DBF). Add 200 shout damage without spellpower item and multyply by 50% helpless. Even gshout-sla-dbg is just 1.7k damage before crits in the first two seconds. Add +15% if you are dragonborn.

I'm not saying sorcs are better, I'm not saying warlocks are worse. I love all arcanes myself, I build and play them pretty well. Thats different classes, obviously, requires different playstyle. Warlocks are much easier on heroics, you can play them with a single button and outdamage rest of the party, while sorcs having better scaling spells and bigger list of spell and wizard better DCs and selectable spells.

This was my first epic and legendary expirience with sorc after rework, so once none told any answeres I wrote them myself and shared my opinion. Warlocks cant to do higher skulls dps, sorcs can. Actual sorcs dps at cap twice as big as warlocks. Warlock base damage capped 70 base, with 1100 spellpower x1.3=1430l, 15.3 multiplier its 1071 damage. With x3 crits maximum 3k crits per blast,
Sorc base spell damage from 150\175 (dragonborn, master of fire, +3 clvls from draconic or magister) with 1200 spellpower 13 multiplier 1950 and 2275, 2700 SLA. with 2.55 crits its all more than 5k.
Plus, it fully bypass imunnity and healing, better DCs than warlock, slightly better crit chance.

If you go ice savant dragonborn, run magister and twist 3clvls from draconic you can go sick 224 both niac ray and sla base & 190 polar ray. Yet you will loose energy burst.

If sorcs do 3 spells in a time warlocks do 3 blasts (and for me its looking like this), its about 3.5k dps warlock against 6k dps sorc. Thats my point and thats numbers I have observed. 3.5k is not that shitty for elite or lower skulls, but try out pfft pfft on r7 :b

Oh, and sorcs actually can get meta +300 on all of their spells plus getting +200 20 second bonus from draconic and shitty feat that you will never take outside sorc :-D

So the only obvious way for endgame warlock is DC warlock, cause ~110 necro still reachable on them and good DC tentacles\web\hold\ still good. And sorcs actually can do some significant damage mid to higher skulls, but not as good as adequate DPS.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Rzyman wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 1:01pm:
I'm not saying sorcs are better, I'm not saying warlocks are worse.

It largely depends on the player and the character in question. For new players without much lives, warlock by far.

For a better player with a lot of relevant dps lives and resources, sorc has a higher ceiling.

For low heroic levels, warlock is the superior choice. Once sorc gets fireball, then it can start racing.

For epic dps casting on anything past r1, sorc is better. For dc casting, sorc is better.

Rzyman wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 1:01pm:
I've nevet told warlocks are not easy button on heroics >< Those numbers exactly what I mean. Sorc damage per fireball at ~15 would be 300-350 before crits. Warlock total blast around 200. Yes eldrich wave and eldrich blasts are better than actual sorc SLAs, yet they are interrupting attack sequence.

Tentacles is easy button on heroics too yet they are not providing helpless. The advantage of warlock class you can do sustainable\burst damage fast enough to take any hits. Starting lvl 8 if I run r1s I can just hold left mouse button and run to the endboss any quest, rarely interrupting attack chain for doors and tentacles.

Still, only source of helpless for warlock is hold\masshold, while sorc can shout, flash to stone, hold. At, say, 16, fireballs do 330+450(SLA)+550(DBF). Add 200 shout damage without spellpower item and multyply by 50% helpless. Even gshout-sla-dbg is just 1.7k damage before crits in the first two seconds. Add +15% if you are dragonborn.

yeah, I completely agree with you. Warlock is also easier because the light and acid damage cannot be evaded, unlike most traditional dps spell. So for newer players with trouble landing dcs, they can still get damage in at half the rate instead of getting evaded. And it's free.

The huge advantage of sorc is chaining spells at higher speeds and more ways to induce helplessness. Having spells means it can pull WAY ahead after the first 3 seconds against every casting class due to the sorc speed. Something simple, like just chaining fireball, fireball sla, delayed blast fireball is 1500~ damage before crits in the first 3 seconds.

Your math is what I had roughly for sorc.

fireball
13d3 + 39

x 7.25 multiplier

424.125 avg dmg

dbfireball
18d3 + 54

x 7.25 multiplier

587.25 avg dmg.

multiplier;
400 fire spell power
225 metas

(625 + 100) / 100 = 7.25

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Did you get to test this out ;

Heat Death: You raise the internal temperature of a living target to lethal levels. The target must succeed on a Fortitude save (DC: 10 + Constitution Modifier + Sorcerer Level) or take 2,000 points of fire damage as its blood (or other internal fluid) boils in a horrific manner. Fire creatures are immune to this effect. (Activation Cost: 50 Spell Points. Cooldown: 1 minute.)

Does that use spell power? Can it crit? Seems insane to have in heroics if it can use spell power and/or crit.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #13 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 1:38pm:
Did you get to test this out ;

Heat Death: You raise the internal temperature of a living target to lethal levels. The target must succeed on a Fortitude save (DC: 10 + Constitution Modifier + Sorcerer Level) or take 2,000 points of fire damage as its blood (or other internal fluid) boils in a horrific manner. Fire creatures are immune to this effect. (Activation Cost: 50 Spell Points. Cooldown: 1 minute.)

Does that use spell power? Can it crit? Seems insane to have in heroics if it can use spell power and/or crit.

Tried before rework, not scaling, cant crit, awful DC (yet handled to hit 40-50% of times), long cooldown, This time just ignored this at all, ran for metamagic instead. Cheap heighten is neat ^^

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #14 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 1:28pm:
Your math is what I had roughly for sorc.

fireball
13d3 + 39

x 7.25 multiplier

424.125 avg dmg

dbfireball
18d3 + 54

x 7.25 multiplier

587.25 avg dmg.

multiplier;
400 fire spell power
225 metas

(625 + 100) / 100 = 7.25

lvl 16 sorc has lclvl 12 fireballs, clvl 14 if dragonborn, lvl 20 dbf, and lvl 21 if dragonborn.
3+1d3 is 5 avarage. so 60/70 and 100/105 base damage.

As warforged (25 universal in racial tree, dragonborn will have 30) at lvl 16 I had 450 fire spellpower before reaper and unbuffed (slaver with spinnaret+beacon set with burnscar, cc dagger with combusion\ins combusion). Thats why I taken this nubmer.
60*5.5 = 330
60*7.75=465 (rounded down to 7.5 though)
100*5.5=550

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Rzyman wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 2:21pm:
Tried before rework, not scaling, cant crit, awful DC (yet handled to hit 40-50% of times), long cooldown, This time just ignored this at all, ran for metamagic instead. Cheap heighten is neat ^^

That sounds like some trash. Though for the better, in heroics if it used spell power then it would be 14k non-crit. Would be better than Ruins if it crit and used spell power, provided dc could land.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 3:34am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 1:28pm:
It largely depends on the player and the character in question. For new players without much lives, warlock by far.

For a better player with a lot of relevant dps lives and resources, sorc has a higher ceiling.

For low heroic levels, warlock is the superior choice. Once sorc gets fireball, then it can start racing.

Having done both a few times I'd say that there is also a survivability difference.  On a sorc I can kill faster no question, but when things go wrong the lock is more likely to run away to survive the encounter due to more hp/temp hp and more defenses.

For fun it's a no brainer, warlock is an easy button and sorc requires more attention.  If I'm not looking to coast I'll be running a sorc over a lock every time.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint