Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Likelihood of Iconics getting access to Racial TR? (Read 1900 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Likelihood of Iconics getting access to Racial TR?
Sep 11th, 2018 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Has SSG made any mention of future plans on this front? Like how an iconic at lvl 30 can TR and her a heroic class past life, why not race PLs? Leveling from 15 to 30 is at least as hard as going from 1 to 20. Would be a very welcome addition, even if its only for the races that have iconic variants(Warforged/Bladeforged, Human/PDK, etc)

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Likelihood of Iconics getting access to Racial TR?
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
While I agree it would make a ton of sense from a meta perspective, especially since a lot of people have the class PL's they want but still need racial PL's more.  So when new iconics come out, they are kinda screwed.

I think the "game/lore" reason is that iconics were originally considered "races", not classes.   Hence, a Bladeforged is not actually a warforged race.  They are the bladeforged race.  A Sun Elf is not an Elf or a Drow Elf.  It is a Sun Elf.   So why are they getting a racial PL when that is not their actual race?

That's the thinking.   The 6 iconics are supposed to be separate races.  That just happen to have a hard coded 1st class and start at level 15. 

But I think that Iconics should be able to yield:   Heroic + Iconic or Racial + Iconic or Iconic + Epic.   I think that if you go 1-30 you should be able to do Epic + Racial or Epic + Heroic or Racial + Heroic, your choice.   

I think more flexibility would be a good thing.  The system is grindy enough as it is.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
The game/lore has had us slaughtering the same red dragon every three days for the past several years. I think after a certain point we need to admit that these things don't always make the most sense Tongue

Asheras wrote on Sep 11th, 2018 at 5:31pm:
But I think that Iconics should be able to yield:   Heroic + Iconic or Racial + Iconic or Iconic + Epic.   I think that if you go 1-30 you should be able to do Epic + Racial or Epic + Heroic or Racial + Heroic, your choice.   

I think more flexibility would be a good thing.  The system is grindy enough as it is.

As is if you get to 30 you can do an epic, bringing you back down to 20. If you were heroic, not iconic, you can then do a heroic or racial TR. This has been nice, but I for one am so sick of early heroics. Even if its just for the 6 iconic races, it would be awesome to get a few of my racial lives out of the way.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #3 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Just face it. You will never live in a post-racial world.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 2:55pm:
Just face it. You will never live in a post-racial world.

LOL!

But yeah, I don't think I'm doing more heroic lives, unless korthos and the harbor get an overhaul. Which I don't see happening anytime soon.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #5 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Sounds like a topic for official forum lol, its full of this shit. You want more power they offer for a less time you spend, thats understandable. Like, why do you need to run 6 lifes when you could run just 3 15 to 30 with all the epic cheese in 9 days Smiley

Some other genius ideas I've seen there are to make pastlifes accaunt-wide, letting iconics tr at 20, byuing pastlifes for seeds, xp at cap and so on :-D I'm not defending SSG but pastlifes is the power they offer. Your own business to get it or not. And to be good you dont need them all for sure. Besides, if you are racial completionist already and wanna keep feat its not a problem to run 3 racial lifes most enjoyable way you want. If you are not or you are looking toward iconics its all extra power you may get. you cant have them all active and passive bonuses are not that huge that may change game.

I understand clearly why racials will never end: they cant manage to give us long lasting endgame. Ok you've beaten actual raids 10 times, got best gear for your build, have done all quests on higher/highest difficulty, now what? They want people to keep playing it. When there will be nothing to farm people will abandon game, stop to pay and it'll be finally dead.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
I agree that there's a lot of stupid ideas being tossed around on the motherboards(i used to hang out in Suggestions & Ideas a lot, so I saw most of them), I'm just finding that I absolutely cannot stand early heroics Tongue The content is just so dated and the rewards so... meh. Plus pretty much every class is a melee in the first 4-6 levels.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
You're hanging out in low heroics for more than an hour? fuck you're slow.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You're hanging out in low heroics for more than an hour? fuck you're slow.

This is in line with that whole "i once soloed harry in under a minute" lie, right? Want to tell me about the fish you once caught?

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #9 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 7:10pm:
Want to tell me about the fish you once caught?

It pales in comparison to the size of my cock.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 7:21pm:
It pales in comparison to the size of my cock.

I'm sure Grahm will vehemently insist that his is bigger, as long as you don't get out a measuring tape.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
It doesn't take long to go from 2-4, if it's an all day affair i suggest getting people smarter than you nom.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It doesn't take long to go from 2-4, if it's an all day affair i suggest getting people smarter than you nom.

No, please, tell me about the size of that fish you caught.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
My TR group goes from 1-10 in about 8 hours with 50% pots and master's gifts and ship buffs, you're telling me you can't achieve the same?

And that's with an 80 year old dude boxing someone 70% of the day.
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2018 at 7:53pm by »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #14 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Quote:
My TR group goes from 1-10 in about 8 hours with 50% pots and master's gifts and ship buffs, you're telling me you can't achieve the same?

And that's with an 80 year old dude boxing someone 70% of the day.

Was the fish thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis big?

But yeah no, now that you've remembered how to talk like an adult, it does only take 8-10 hours to hit lvl 10, even pugging. The question wasn't "how long does it take?" or "how hard is it?" - in fact it wasn't even a question at all, more of a statement that "the content in that part of the game is largely boring and dated". Late heroics/epics are a lot more fun, and clearly some people would rather play there. You don't have to take every comment as an attack on the size of your manhood. Also, sorry for attacking the size of your manhood. Truce?

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
I never cease to be amazed by the Vault's special ability to turn every discussion into pointless drama; I love it

Also I for one actually like the entire heroic game... there are so many quests to run, and even at lower levels I enjoy the diversity that I'm afforded: STK, Tangleroot, Catacombs, Necro 1, Carnival, and ESPECIALLY Three Barrel Cove. Agree that Korthos is kinda boring, but it takes like 45 minutes to clear so it's not a huge issue for me.

You can disagree and that's fine; not everyone will like the same quests (and take it from me: I'm one of those people who actually likes Tomb of the Tormented)

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 7:57pm:
Was the fish thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis big?

But yeah no, now that you've remembered how to talk like an adult, it does only take 8-10 hours to hit lvl 10, even pugging. The question wasn't "how long does it take?" or "how hard is it?" - in fact it wasn't even a question at all, more of a statement that "the content in that part of the game is largely boring and dated". Late heroics/epics are a lot more fun, and clearly some people would rather play there. You don't have to take every comment as an attack on the size of your manhood. Also, sorry for attacking the size of your manhood. Truce?

Nice, using the apology tactic i used previously, is anything about you real nommy? I don't enjoy the whole of heroics, but to get all those sweet sweet past life epeens that don't mean anything except small amounts of character power and a sense of completion. Suck it up buttercup, spend your hour or two like everybody else doing something you don't want to do to get things that you want to get to the content you want.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #17 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
Wow ok. Well, on to the ignore script you go, grahm. slick stick needed the company.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Well since apparently digimonk isn't titan, you're now nominated as my choice for secretly titan nommy

IP Logged

Magneto
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 6:51am
Print Post  
Never start in khortos 

I use my xp crystals of vip rolls . So im lvl 4 when i start a new heroic life.
But im all done, so i garher more for the thiefling ...
Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint