Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Pointless "the motheboards suck" post (Read 4513 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Pointless "the motheboards suck" post
Sep 12th, 2018 at 11:53am
Print Post  
I've got 30 minutes to kill so I'm going to bitch about the idiots on the motherboards.  I'd love to just post this there and don't care about the ban it would get, but it would just get deleted.  At least this way maybe a few of the jackasses will actually read it.

I doubt if I've responded to post on the motherboards even a half a dozen times since coming back to the game.  I log in maybe every three months - normally just when a large patch lines up with my down time and I have nothing better to do.  Every time I log in and read the debates and discussions, I'm reminded why I don't bother at all.

For 9 years the debates have been almost nothing but:

"Hey, the food is good here but this plate is kind of dirty."
Forum Paladin: "Uh...brah, that's a free plate."
"What?"
"That's a free plate brah.  You don't have to pay for it.  It's kind of uncool to complain about a free plate."
"Mother-fucking-dumb-ass-idiot-piece-of-shit-moron!  Were you fucking born retarded or did they just drop you repeatedly on your fucking head as a child?!  The fucking plate is not fucking free.  The fucking glass is not free.  The fucking table is not free.  Even the fucking after dinner mint is not fucking free.
These are fucking curiosities offered with a fucking purchase.  Yeah, maybe your bottom-feeding ass somehow manages to scrape together a meal from free samples, crumbs dropped on the floor and whatever throw-aways you find in the dumpster, but for the rest of us - we're paying for this shit.
I fucking paid for 90% of what I've got here and if the prices are too high for old services - I'm going to complain.
If my drinking glass is dirty - I'm going to complain.
If they give me a fucking used tampon instead of a fucking napkin - I'm going to complain.
My coffee is cold - complain.
A fucking fly in my soup - complain."
"The bowl is free brah and there have been flies in every bowl of soup I've ever had.  I ate them and didn't complain."
"Because you're a fucking mouth-breathing moron!"

Sorry, it doesn't matter how good the cup of coffee is if it's served cold.  And getting a "free" cup to hold the coffee in is not a fucking excuse.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Pointless "the motheboards suck" post
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Yep. The "Free" players are some of the absolute worst. I've run in to people who flat out say "I don't spend money on games" like its a point of pride to make the rest of us subsidize their gameplay.

The game is only free if your time is worthless.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 4:00am
Print Post  
Free still needs to be worthwhile is a valid position.  The game would not exist if everyone played for free, and yet I know (or knew since they seem to have all bailed) a few players who took pride in not spending a nickel on the game.

So even the "I'll never spend a nickel on this game" players that I've known are no longer spending their time here.

That leaves the gap between the paying subscribers and whatever you might call a whale.  Sub = ~$100/year, but what is a whale?

I've played a few sub based mmos in the past and I'm not in a financial position where a sub is a strain on my resources so I'm not adverse to a sub or to tossing a few hundred a year at a game that I'm playing frequently.  This game almost requires some money thrown at it if only to help out the inventory problems.  I'd congratulate them on the design that makes this needed but I'm not sure they actually plan anything in this game so whatever.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #3 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 7:37am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 4:00am:
The game would not exist if everyone played for free, and yet I know (or knew since they seem to have all bailed) a few players who took pride in not spending a nickel on the game.

Those guys piss me off.  I'll admit when I first started playing I had some hang ups with paying money for an on-line game, but if someone has been playing 2, 5, 10 plus years and they're not even premium - they're basically just white trash rednecks and there's nothing you can do to make them spend money on the game.

But they are a minority and honestly, SSG still needs them.  A more active game is going to last longer, even if 10 or even 20% of the players aren't spending money.

What pissed me off was the post on the motherboards about the daily dice sucking.

The new daily dice rewards totally suck.  I throw way more of my dice prizes on the ground now than I ever did before.

Problem is, if anyone at SSG has ever taken a business course, it was something basic at a community college.  They are freaking clueless with how these things work.

They see the daily dice as an introduction to the store, which it absolutely should be - but on the other hand, it absolutely isn't.

First and foremost it needs to be an incentive reward.  You absolutely have to give people a reason and motivation to log into the game every fucking day.  You don't want them playing other games.  You don't want them bored with the game.  You seriously don't want them to not log in for more than a day or two because the longer they stay logged out, the higher probability there is of realizing that they are absolutely wasting their time and life with your game.

A short break can quickly become 6 months, a year, or forever away playing and paying for something else.

You need incentive programs.  Absolutely there should be better programs for subscribers, but you want everyone logging in as much as possible.  The longer they play, the higher chance of them spending money.  I've sworn up and down a half a dozen times I'd never give them another penny and I still end up dropping 50+ bucks every six months or so.  It's not a lot, but it's way more than they'd get if I stopped playing.

And if you're smart, your incentive programs are also a taste of better services you can pay for.  But you don't get people to buy the high price services by giving free samples of the cheapest crap you carry.

You need to give them enough of a taste they realize they need this.  A "free" sample I throw on the ground doesn't motivate me to buy more nor does it make me feel like a valued customer.

"but it's free..."

Eat a dick and learn how to business.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #4 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 8:01am
Print Post  
As I see mobo is full of:
-Casuals who are doing irestone for 45 min on hard and can fail it
-Clueless fuckwits who are thinking they won DDO but start to bitching hard if someone outperform them
-Morons that defend devs no matter what they are doing.

I wouldnot call those guys paladins, yet they act like SSG employees socks lol. They are happy over any workaround, accepting bugs and judging exploit users.

Thats why I'm here in general. Vault is 64% less gay and retarted Smiley

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #5 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 4:00am:
Free still needs to be worthwhile is a valid position.  The game would not exist if everyone played for free, and yet I know (or knew since they seem to have all bailed) a few players who took pride in not spending a nickel on the game.

So even the "I'll never spend a nickel on this game" players that I've known are no longer spending their time here.

Theres a few reasons why these players aren't sticking around.

1. When DDO became f2p in late 2009 it was revolutionary. Today, DDOs f2p model is incredibly outdated and downright terrible.
2. Back in "classic" you could farm favor, wait for sales, then buy 4-5 packs that allowed one to hit cap and actually become well geared for the endgame.
3. Expansions
4. Short content life cycles.
5. Epic destinies
6. Much more content is needed now to hit cap and to get geared. You cant just buy 4 packs and be good for years.
7. In 2018 theres much better choices for f2p mmos than ddo. In fact I wouldnt want anyone to play ddo in it current state. Bare minimum you need to go VIP and buy an expansion. 

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #6 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 10:12am:
7. In 2018 theres much better choices for f2p mmos than ddo. In fact I wouldnt want anyone to play ddo in it current state. Bare minimum you need to go VIP and buy an expansion. 

VIP is fairly enough until you want ravenloft badly for some reason. First several lifes you are learning game and getting those points. For saved TP you can buy ravenloft and ability tomes. Yet true, DDO is totally not free to play for new players for sure, otherwise you'll never catch up.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #7 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 11:12am
Print Post  
We are off topic from the Daily Dice point Skoodge was trying to make, which I generally agree with.  Make Daily Dice be a free sample (like in the supermarket) designed to get you interested in buying something.   With that in mind, don't put anything in there that isn't going to be interesting.   

At the low rolls, put in low cost, but useful things.   Not junk.  Or things you can't buy.   (Like I get remnants sometimes.   That's not compelling me to buy remnants.   I can't do that).   

On the topic of DDO, DDO is not really free to play.  It is free to try out.   Once you have decided you like it enough, invest the same $60 bucks you would invest in a console game, like Dragon Age, that you can play through in a few weeks.  See how you feel after that if you want to keep playing.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 10:12am:
Today, DDOs f2p model is incredibly outdated and downright terrible.

I disagree pretty strongly on that.

DDO's F2P model was and still is a golden treasure among the pay-per-click garbage monetizing other games. I've tried several other supposedly F2P games; most offer you 10% of the game for free, with an option to buy a sub if you want to remotely play. DDO offers a perfect tier in between "free" and "monthly fee" - and that is very handy.

Also take note of what they DO sell:

*additional content - basically DLC
*Consumables you can get by without
*quality of life stuff

They don't actually just straight up sell (decent) gear. Getting the best equipment in the game requires you to play the game.

Compare to other games where getting the best equipment requires you to spend lots of money.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 11:12am:
We are off topic from the Daily Dice point Skoodge was trying to make, which I generally agree with.  Make Daily Dice be a free sample (like in the supermarket) designed to get you interested in buying something.   With that in mind, don't put anything in there that isn't going to be interesting.   

At the low rolls, put in low cost, but useful things.   Not junk.  Or things you can't buy.   (Like I get remnants sometimes.   That's not compelling me to buy remnants.   I can't do that).   

On the topic of DDO, DDO is not really free to play.  It is free to try out.   Once you have decided you like it enough, invest the same $60 bucks you would invest in a console game, like Dragon Age, that you can play through in a few weeks.  See how you feel after that if you want to keep playing.

Agreed on all points.

Also the silver rolls need to provide an appreciable quantity of XP. Seriously what the fuck am I gonna do with 300 experience points? At least put in enough that you can conceivable bank the 80k needed to jump to lvl 4 after a TR.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #10 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Rzyman wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 10:19am:
VIP is fairly enough until you want ravenloft badly for some reason. First several lifes you are learning game and getting those points. For saved TP you can buy ravenloft and ability tomes. Yet true, DDO is totally not free to play for new players for sure, otherwise you'll never catch up.

True. Never thought about saving the monthly 500 points for the expansion (assuming you wait till the expansion is old and is put on the ddo store).

Asheras wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 11:12am:

Im just pointing out DDO's horrible f2p model compared to other, much newer f2p mmos. Most notably the paid gating of the majority of content. Which obviously damages new player retention. VIP is a requirement now. Not an easy move considering the competition.

noamineo wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 11:17am:
I disagree pretty strongly on that.

DDO's F2P model was and still is a golden treasure among the pay-per-click garbage monetizing other games. I've tried several other supposedly F2P games; most offer you 10% of the game for free, with an option to buy a sub if you want to remotely play. DDO offers a perfect tier in between "free" and "monthly fee" - and that is very handy.

The model is hot garbage. Tera, Blade and soul, SW;Tor, GW2 are leagues ahead of ddo. I can actually play the game without getting content locked at level 6. Yes, since they added quest ransack you can now farm the odd f2p quest every 24 hours and hit cap. No new player is going to do this. VIP is the only option now. Buying packs is a complete waste of time.

noamineo wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 11:17am:
Also take note of what they DO sell:

*additional content - basically DLC
*Consumables you can get by without
*quality of life stuff

They don't actually just straight up sell (decent) gear. Getting the best equipment in the game requires you to play the game.

Compare to other games where getting the best equipment requires you to spend lots of money.

They sell power. +8 tomes? One could argue shards too. Some games are super p2w however these mmos usually die fast.

DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 12:38pm:
The model is hot garbage. Tera, Blade and soul, SW;Tor, GW2 are leagues ahead of ddo. I can actually play the game without getting content locked at level 6. Yes, since they added quest ransack you can now farm the odd f2p quest every 24 hours and hit cap. No new player is going to do this. VIP is the only option now. Buying packs is a complete waste of time.

DDO gives you the option to buy the game once and own it forever. I've been playing DDO off and on for 8 years now and only had a sub for part of the last 2. The reason the game was able to retain me was because it gave me the option to buy the packs and simply own them; instead of having to reup a sub every time I wanted to play - and go through the hassle of canceling it every time I needed a break.

Its that tiered model of "pay for the content you want" that makes DDO far superior to locking content behind a monthly sub. You're looking at it in terms of either "pay a sub" or "never pay a dime" - but, seriously, if you buy a $60 points pack during a double bonus points sale(like the first time I ever spent money on the game), you can buy all the packs you'll ever need. If you did the same once a year(and they have double points sales a few times a year) you can access all worthwhile content for $60 a year. Much less than a sub.

Or, you can go the route I went, which was to buy $100 points packs a few times a year, plus any expansions, and end up spending more than a sub. This was all while still not having a sub. I would not have stayed with the game if my only options were "F2P" or "sub". The SSG model arguable does much more for player retention by easing people into the purchasing; rather than creating a scenario where the only way to get the full content is with a monthly fee.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #12 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
stopped bothering with the main forums when it became so toxic that anny disagreement with the Forum Paladin Pack was an automatic Warning and further ( polite, reasoned ) disagreement was Infracted.

I log in the forum probably 3 times a year... maybe less. and I visit them about 5 to 6 times a year... on the other hand I need my daily dose of DDO Vault.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
DDO Vault - apply directly to the forehead.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #14 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 12:56pm:
DDO gives you the option to buy the game once and own it forever. I've been playing DDO off and on for 8 years now and only had a sub for part of the last 2. The reason the game was able to retain me was because it gave me the option to buy the packs and simply own them; instead of having to reup a sub every time I wanted to play - and go through the hassle of canceling it every time I needed a break.

This is unique to ddo. You dont have to do this in other f2p mmos because they give you all the content for free (minus expansions obv, just like ddo). You need to think like a new player. Not someone who has collected packs for 8 years.

Its that tiered model of "pay for the content you want" that makes DDO far superior to locking content behind a monthly sub. You're looking at it in terms of either "pay a sub" or "never pay a dime" - but, seriously, if you buy a $60 points pack during a double bonus points sale(like the first time I ever spent money on the game), you can buy all the packs you'll ever need. If you did the same once a year(and they have double points sales a few times a year) you can access all worthwhile content for $60 a year. Much less than a sub.

Or, you can go the route I went, which was to buy $100 points packs a few times a year, plus any expansions, and end up spending more than a sub. This was all while still not having a sub. I would not have stayed with the game if my only options were "F2P" or "sub". The SSG model arguable does much more for player retention by easing people into the purchasing; rather than creating a scenario where the only way to get the full content is with a monthly fee.

Not for new players today. The premium model today is garbage. Its not worth it. No sane person is going to wait for double point weekend, then wait for sales on the content they wish to run. Not going to happen. DDO in its current state is like WoW. You get a "free" trial then you have to pay for a monthly sub. Content is just too inflated now to go the premium route.

Remember, other f2p mmos give you all the content for free. You skip this "owning each pack" nonsense entirely. As a new player I would choose free content over paid content. Especially with such an old mmo like DDO. This is mostly why new player retention is so bad.
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2018 at 3:14pm by Rose-tinted Goggles »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 3:12pm:
Remember, other f2p mmos give you all the content for free.

They give you CONTENT for free, but not most of the race/class/QOL/other game options. Otherwise what the hell are people paying for?

Guild Wars has always operated on an entirely different payment model - you just buy the expansions; EG pay for content.

Most other MMOs that switched from a subscription to an "F2P" model would give you 2-3 races, 3-5 classes, and access to only 1 or 2 of dozens of professions/jobs/etc, basically giving you access to only the worst play-style options, and gating EVERYTHING behind a monthly fee(no opportunity to buy the parts you want for a 1-time fee)

Games like Terra, meanwhile, work on a pay-per-click model, with loot crates and pay-to-win crap up the wazoo.

But sure, none of that matters so long as the content is free, right?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #16 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
DDO gives you the option to buy the game once and own it forever.

Once every update?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #17 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
They give you CONTENT for free, but not most of the race/class/QOL/other game options. Otherwise what the hell are people paying for?

Guild Wars has always operated on an entirely different payment model - you just buy the expansions; EG pay for content.

Most other MMOs that switched from a subscription to an "F2P" model would give you 2-3 races, 3-5 classes, and access to only 1 or 2 of dozens of professions/jobs/etc, basically giving you access to only the worst play-style options, and gating EVERYTHING behind a monthly fee(no opportunity to buy the parts you want for a 1-time fee)

Games like Terra, meanwhile, work on a pay-per-click model, with loot crates and pay-to-win crap up the wazoo.

But sure, none of that matters so long as the content is free, right?

Okay so lets assume every mmo ive listed gates races/classes behind a pay wall like DDO does (they dont) but gives content for free. You're still leagues ahead of ddo. At least you can play the game for free. Majority of f2p mmos have QOL restrictions. DDO has it too. This is mostly in place for gold farmers/spammers. Not that DDO would have this issue due to its laughably small player base.

You should really try out the mmos ive listed. Their f2p models are amazing compared to DDO.

I honestly dont care what f2p system DDO has. Im just pointing out how bad it is in 2018. Especially compared to newer mmos with far better f2p models. This is just one of the things in a long list of reasons why new player retention is so low.
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2018 at 6:31pm by Rose-tinted Goggles »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #18 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 6:24pm:
You should really try out the mmos ive listed. Their f2p models are amazing compared to DDO.

I have tried most of them, actually, but I'm open to any more suggestions.

Guild Wars 2 couldn't hold my attention through the tutorial. Terra was interesting but didn't really offer much of an experience, I think I'm just not a big fan of the combat. I felt like I was walking down corridors the whole time, not like I was exploring a huge, expansive world. Blade and Soul looks just like Terra(one looks like a clone of the other) and is just too Asian. Fuck any and all things star wars. I've also tried Archeage, which I loved but the griefing was unbelievably bad. Also looked into Rift but is made by the same company as Archeage so fuck them and the horse they road in on. Looked seriously at EverQuest II but am worried about getting invested only to have the game go into maintenance mode. I have investor perks for Shroud of the Avatar, but that game doesn't feel finished yet.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #19 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 6:37pm:
I have tried most of them, actually, but I'm open to any more suggestions.

Guild Wars 2 couldn't hold my attention through the tutorial. Terra was interesting but didn't really offer much of an experience, I think I'm just not a big fan of the combat. I felt like I was walking down corridors the whole time, not like I was exploring a huge, expansive world. Blade and Soul looks just like Terra(one looks like a clone of the other) and is just too Asian. Fuck any and all things star wars. I've also tried Archeage, which I loved but the griefing was unbelievably bad. Also looked into Rift but is made by the same company as Archeage so fuck them and the horse they road in on. Looked seriously at EverQuest II but am worried about getting invested only to have the game go into maintenance mode. I have investor perks for Shroud of the Avatar, but that game doesn't feel finished yet.

Black Desert Online might be a solid choice. It has the best combat of any mmo out there at least.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #20 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 7:27pm:
Black Desert Online might be a solid choice. It has the best combat of any mmo out there at least.

I have considered it, but their emphasis seems to be too heavily into PvP/guild vs. guild combat, and I find that that negatively impacts any game I've played where it was a factor. WoW in the early days was beautiful before they began making design decisions based on PvP. This was also the problem with Archeage: getting to play the class of my decision meant getting rekt every five steps by PvPers; the option was to play the very best PvP build, and that really made the game limiting. IMO one of the reasons why DDO can offer so much build/class diversity is because they don't have to balance it for Pvp.

Still probably worth giving black desert a download.

IP Logged

TractorsareEpic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
Elder Scrolls Online?

Path of Exile?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #22 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 11:00am
Print Post  
TractorsareEpic wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 11:21pm:
Elder Scrolls Online?

Path of Exile?

Don't like the diablo-style perspective in PoE.

And since when the fuck can Bethesda make an MMO? They can barely make a functional single-player game. I talk shit but TSO is on my "why the fuck not try it?" list. It'll be impossible for me to be disappointed, since I expect absolutely nothing from that game.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #23 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 12:38pm:
VIP is a requirement now.

I don't know what you're smoking, but VIP is by no means required. Most old content is irrelevant to new players. All they really need is Ravenloft (note: does not come with VIP), though Vale of Twilight, Slavers, and WPM would also be worthwhile.

It is interesting that VIP becomes a better and better deal over time to someone who owns no content, since they keep releasing new content though.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #24 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
I only grudgingly bought VIP because it made my ottos boxes sliiiiiiiiightly better.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint