Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Lynnabel Says ToD Rings Will Remain Broken Forever (Read 4538 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Lynnabel Says ToD Rings Will Remain Broken Forever
Reply #25 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 12:49pm:
BTW...the rings aren't "broken."

They just no longer work with handwraps because of the "handwraps are now weapons" change.

If you used Unarmed Combat (Monk, feat, or whatever), equipped the ToD ring and didn't equip handwraps, the ring effect still works.

Well, yeah, I guess. Technically, and technically is the best kind of right. But I do not see the harm in allowing ml 18 rings to function on handwraps. It won't suddenly unbalance heroics, nor will it for low to mid epics. The only thing I can think of here is that tho$e type$ of de$ign$ will be pu$hed forward in future update$ for low epic gear.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
The rings are not broken, they were designed to work with non-weapon handwraps.  When you put on the ring and examine your toon you'll see the effects listed there.  Handwraps were originally coded as an extension of the body of the toon.  When handwraps were changed to weapon they are no longer an extension of the body, so the effect doesn't apply nor should it. Who would equip those rings these days anyway?

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #27 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:37pm:
Who would equip those rings these days anyway?

Some ranged characters, assuming the Gilvaenor's set bonus still works and stacks.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:37pm:
Who would equip those rings these days anyway?

Then why not allow for more variety to just indulge the people that do have it?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #29 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
use gilvs when leveling any ranged character

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #30 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
As others have stated, the rings don't add that much and are generally sub-optimal choices at level 18.   Is your monk wearing one of those over Ring of Prowess and one of Ring of Stalker, Perfect Pinnacle, Ring of Power, or Ring of Nightfall (I go with Stalker).

You'd bag it for sure at 20 for Epic Ring of the Stalker or at Level 21 for Seal of house Avithoul.

They said there would never be greensteel handwraps nor would handrwaps ever be weapons.  That just means "it isn't on our radar for the forseeable future".   Which is fine by me.  I hope some day the do a Legendary Tower of Despair and can refresh all the rings, set bonsues, and crafting in the process.  I'll keep mentioning it anytime someone asks "what is the next pack that should get an epic/legendary treatment".

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #31 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:57pm:
use gilvs when leveling any ranged character

Giving up the neck slot and a ring slot for 10% stacking alacrity is a bit pricey, but it is one of the sets that probably holds up the best.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #32 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 3:03pm:
Giving up the neck slot and a ring slot for 10% stacking alacrity is a bit pricey, but it is one of the sets that probably holds up the best.

The assassin one is decent if you've got gear slots to piss away. I wouldn't say it's great, but it has a purpose if you were to do such/have it on hand.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:56pm:
Then why not allow for more variety to just indulge the people that do have it?

I don't really disagree and it does seem like it shouldn't be that hard to recode the effect

Dickbutt wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:56pm:
Some ranged characters, assuming the Gilvaenor's set bonus still works and stacks.

Sure, but holy burst never worked on ranged attacks, did it?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #34 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 3:00pm:
As others have stated, the rings don't add that much and are generally sub-optimal choices at level 18.   Is your monk wearing one of those over Ring of Prowess and one of Ring of Stalker, Perfect Pinnacle, Ring of Power, or Ring of Nightfall (I go with Stalker).

You'd bag it for sure at 20 for Epic Ring of the Stalker or at Level 21 for Seal of house Avithoul.

They said there would never be greensteel handwraps nor would handrwaps ever be weapons.  That just means "it isn't on our radar for the forseeable future".   Which is fine by me.  I hope some day the do a Legendary Tower of Despair and can refresh all the rings, set bonsues, and crafting in the process.  I'll keep mentioning it anytime someone asks "what is the next pack that should get an epic/legendary treatment". 

if you're lazy and dont have most heroic versions of most of those then yes. Usually wear stalker in the other ring slot

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #35 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
More variety = more cries for nerfs.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 5:59pm:
Why am I so mad at this?

Because it's SSG?  Lynabell is just the newest way that bad coding is presented to the players.  She is enthusiastic about it, but that doesn't make it anything other than bad.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint