Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic New gear (Read 4532 times)
Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

New gear
Sep 20th, 2018 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/499518-Update-40-Preview-1-Raid-Loot-F...

I can see a ton of sentient food here, lol.

Not saying I've expected new cycle of arms race, but really, no insightful spellpower items, no parrying items, no alternative for leg might of sorcety, no love for fire sorcs at all.

Wonder if they update night revels weapons for sentience and matching dices.

Still seen couple of interesting options. Ice savant sorc may get close to not-that-shitty tier of dps on legendary it seems. DC 90-100 effects looking tasty too.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: New gear
Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
More ML29 crap. Who the fuck cares?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #2 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
People who are farming raids and rxp instead of pastlifes? :b

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Those people are playing the game wrong  Tongue

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #4 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
Rzyman wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 6:46pm:
Not saying I've expected new cycle of arms race

Honestly, it's a good thing when an update doesn't make old gear obsolete. Still a bad thing if it doesn't provide neat lootz. This isn't an easy line to walk for devs ... but it would be much easier if they ever operated with a long term plan.

Or with a plan.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #5 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 11:34pm
Print Post  

In this build, there doesn't seem to be any changes to the weapons, other than making them BtA.  That said, they promised a cosmetic cloak that doesn't currently exist with either of the traders.  So, I'm guessing the final products will be up next week.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #6 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 12:04am
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/499518-Update-40-Preview-1-Raid-Loot-F...

I can see a ton of sentient food here, lol.

Not saying I've expected new cycle of arms race, but really, no insightful spellpower items, no parrying items, no alternative for leg might of sorcety, no love for fire sorcs at all.

Still seen couple of interesting options. Ice savant sorc may get close to not-that-shitty tier of dps on legendary it seems. DC 90-100 effects looking tasty too.

Sorc as a nuker isn't something people do anymore, and that won't change until an arcane pass far more significant than the addition of a bit of spellpower and some caster levels.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 1:50am
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Sep 21st, 2018 at 12:04am:
Sorc as a nuker isn't something people do anymore, and that won't change until an arcane pass far more significant than the addition of a bit of spellpower and some caster levels.

It Isn't enough for dps casting in high skulls. Some spell power, and even a substantial single element exceptional lore of 15-20% isn't enough to fix that debuff. And that leaves no room in dc caster set ups for these items at all, because that will never be the purpose of what high skull dc casters are doing. 

They do help lower skulls, by combining a few of the individual element exceptional lore items frees the gear set from beacon of magic set and robes, or stacked on for more targeted lores. 

Many of the items are great.

The longsword can be a swap to main hand weapon on long beatdowns to get 20mp/20dmg because the proc stacks up even if the target is immune.

Soulrazor Longsword
Damage Dice: 7[1d8+3] (+2W from Keen)
Soul Devouring: On hit, applies a stack of Soul Scar - Reduces AC, Fortification, and Will Saves by 1, stacks 20 times. On hit, Blackrazor can attempt to devour the Soul of a non-boss monster (DC 100 Phantasmal Killer vs Will negates, no effect vs mobs at 5,000 or more HP). When you kill a target, this adds a stack of Devoured Soul to you, max 20, which provides a profane bonus of 1 to Damage and Melee power per stack. On Block or unequip, consumed souls are released. Souls last for 20 seconds.
Keen V
Entropic (Bane damage on hit)
Vampirism 4d2
Mind Control Immunity
Red Augment Slot
Orange Augment Slot

The cloak makes its way in as an I/Charisma 9 item, and maybe even frees up the Nightmother's scepter slot. Spellcasting on the Run feat has to be worth its weight in gold. Strong candidate for mvp.

Cloak of the Mountain Cloak
Insightful Charisma +9
Spell Focus Mastery
Spell Penetration
Spellcast on the Run feat

Ring of the Silver Tongue has an Improved Deception proc, Insightful Deception +8, and assassinate, Insightful Assassinate dcs. The Echo of Ravenkind Improved Deception Proc is working on Lam. I tested the trinket few weeks ago on live and it does not work. We have 2 new functioning Improved Deception items now.

New trinket with MRR and I/Wisdom 9 allows dc casters to swap out their armor possibly.

Trinket of Freewill Trinket
Mind Control Immunity
Magical Resistance Rating +52
Spell Resistance +46
Insightful Wisdom +9

The staff is 20 spell absorb charges for favored souls.

Staff of Irian Quarterstaff
Damage Dice: 5[1d6+6]
Deific Focus III
Fire/Light Spell Power 208
Fire/Light Spell Lore 30%
If Quarterstaves are your favored weapon, whenever you expend a charge of Turn Undead, you become Favored by Irian, increasing your Fire and Light Spell Critical Damage by 5% (Quality Bonus) for 20 seconds.
If Quarterstaves are your favored weapon, while you are projecting an Aura of Menace, you can absorb 20 spells per rest.
Brazen Brilliance (from the Sunsword)
Red Augment Slot
Orange Augment Slot
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2018 at 1:55am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #8 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 2:46am
Print Post  
Devs creating new gear is about like watching a retard with amnesia trying to haggle.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #9 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 3:37am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 21st, 2018 at 1:50am:
It Isn't enough for dps casting in high skulls. Some spell power, and even a substantial single element exceptional lore of 15-20% isn't enough to fix that debuff. And that leaves no room in dc caster set ups for these items at all, because that will never be the purpose of what high skull dc casters are doing. 

They do help lower skulls, by combining a few of the individual element exceptional lore items frees the gear set from beacon of magic set and robes, or stacked on for more targeted lores. 

Fire savant can already reach 100% crit chance and nobody's playing them. The damage is still too low to be effective in any decent amount of skulls. The sorc trees need at least some of the following to make them useful as nukers:
- add critical multiplier for their element in the savant cores
- significantly better spell pre crit damage, either by increasing base dice of spells or by adding significantly higher cl and max cl (in the trees and/or in gear). Make them glass cannons like the old days. Casters need a way to be future proofed so they won't fall behind every time new content comes out, because new weps with higher base dice and new sources of doublestrike scale things up much, much better than a marginal increase in spellpower does.
- the spellpower reaper boost should give a lot more spellpower to make it comparable to the dstrike/dshot boost that dps gets
- possibly something similar to fvs, where you can choose spellpoints or hp
- better slas
- achievable spell crit % should be lowered by a bit to compensate for the base damage increasing and to allow them to continue to add higher crit %s from better items in the future
- make the t5 stuff (heat death, icy prison) scale with spell power and probably make them accept metamagics too. Give each savant something like that that does legitimately good damage in t5 (with each one having slightly different numbers and a cool thematic effect) in addition to a useful "special" thing (earthgrab for earth, wind dance for air, possibly separate icy prison from the single target nuke etc). Change the t1 elemental resistances to %s. Make a bunch more minor changes to the trees to get rid of horribly weak and/or useless enh. Give them something cool that can be used during red/purple name fights to make them more valuable in raids, like a stacking debuff or a stacking group buff or whatever depending on what savant you are.

While I'm on the subject of caster changes-
Wizard would benefit from some of the stuff I listed above, but to prevent sorc from pulling way ahead wizard should get something similar to cleric domains. Let them choose evoker/necromancer/whatever as their specialty and give them cool stuff for that. Make archmage a bit more interesting, and make pm much less terrible for reaper by making it less heavily tied to being in undead form and adding a finger sla at t5 or something. Hell, go all out and give it a cool unique t5 insta that works similar to hurl for all I care. I'm not going to waste my time thinking about eldritch knight, but for people who want to suck they can add a melee option as one of the domains/specs/schools/whatever we're calling them.

Turn magister into an actual dc casting destiny with useful stuff that can't be twisted. Even before ea got buffed most wizards just twisted the dc boost and played in draconic (which could use some changes too obviously).

Congratulations, arcanes are a thing again.
Wizard is back to being the king of dc casting and flexibility, sorc is back to being a squishy nuker that can be really strong and fun if you know how to play it.

« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2018 at 3:38am by Pseudonym »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 4:34am
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Sep 21st, 2018 at 3:37am:
Fire savant can already reach 100% crit chance and nobody's playing them. The damage is still too low to be effective in any decent amount of skulls. The sorc trees need at least some of the following to make them useful as nukers:
- add critical multiplier for their element in the savant cores
- significantly better spell pre crit damage, either by increasing base dice of spells or by adding significantly higher cl and max cl (in the trees and/or in gear). Make them glass cannons like the old days. Casters need a way to be future proofed so they won't fall behind every time new content comes out, because new weps with higher base dice and new sources of doublestrike scale things up much, much better than a marginal increase in spellpower does.
- the spellpower reaper boost should give a lot more spellpower to make it comparable to the dstrike/dshot boost that dps gets
- possibly something similar to fvs, where you can choose spellpoints or hp
- better slas
- achievable spell crit % should be lowered by a bit to compensate for the base damage increasing and to allow them to continue to add higher crit %s from better items in the future
- make the t5 stuff (heat death, icy prison) scale with spell power and probably make them accept metamagics too. Give each savant something like that that does legitimately good damage in t5 (with each one having slightly different numbers and a cool thematic effect) in addition to a useful "special" thing (earthgrab for earth, wind dance for air, possibly separate icy prison from the single target nuke etc). Change the t1 elemental resistances to %s. Make a bunch more minor changes to the trees to get rid of horribly weak and/or useless enh. Give them something cool that can be used during red/purple name fights to make them more valuable in raids, like a stacking debuff or a stacking group buff or whatever depending on what savant you are.

While I'm on the subject of caster changes-
Wizard would benefit from some of the stuff I listed above, but to prevent sorc from pulling way ahead wizard should get something similar to cleric domains. Let them choose evoker/necromancer/whatever as their specialty and give them cool stuff for that. Make archmage a bit more interesting, and make pm much less terrible for reaper by making it less heavily tied to being in undead form and adding a finger sla at t5 or something. Hell, go all out and give it a cool unique t5 insta that works similar to hurl for all I care. I'm not going to waste my time thinking about eldritch knight, but for people who want to suck they can add a melee option as one of the domains/specs/schools/whatever we're calling them.

Turn magister into an actual dc casting destiny with useful stuff that can't be twisted. Even before ea got buffed most wizards just twisted the dc boost and played in draconic (which could use some changes too obviously).

Congratulations, arcanes are a thing again.
Wizard is back to being the king of dc casting and flexibility, sorc is back to being a squishy nuker that can be really strong and fun if you know how to play it.

+1 This deserves its own entire thread.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

johnnyonthespot
Korthos Resident

I Do Cocaine

Reply #11 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 9:55am
Print Post  
I think there are a lot of good new options in this update. I also think they are setting us up for some sort of gear swap to enhance the Wave, Whelm, and Blackrazor. Possibly more. The devs did state that the Wave, Whelm, and Blackrazor will eventually be upgradeable and I think these "reflection" items are going to be part of the process. Updating the DC on some classic weapon attributes is not a bad Idea, and I also love the Elyd charm.
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2018 at 9:56am by johnnyonthespot »  

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #12 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 10:06am
Print Post  
Quote:
Power Levels: These are all Raid level items! They are minimum level 29. They'll match the numbers of The Curse of Strahd and Baba Lysaga.

Do the items actually compare well with baba/strahd? Regardless, this is a good step in the right direction. Building a proper endgame is key.

It seems like they are smart enough to stop the massive power creep.

edit: I also love the throwback to all the old items.
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2018 at 10:10am by Rose-tinted Goggles »  

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #13 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Are these items from an upcoming persistent (non-seasonal) raid or are they only available from a new raid that's only accessible during the Night Revels?

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #14 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Sep 21st, 2018 at 12:50pm:
Are these items from an upcoming persistent (non-seasonal) raid or are they only available from a new raid that's only accessible during the Night Revels?

Normal raid. There was a hint in some live stream that it might be part of Dragonblood Prophecy pack.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Sep 21st, 2018 at 1:20pm:
Normal raid. There was a hint in some live stream that it might be part of Dragonblood Prophecy pack.

Got to love that their favorite way of communicating with the fanbase is "live streams". Devs are probably borderline illiterate.
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2018 at 1:58pm by noamineo »  

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #16 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
The Echo of Ravenkind Improved Deception Proc is working on Lam. I tested the trinket few weeks ago on live and it does not work.

Forgot to mention this last night, but that's incorrect. The improved deception on Echo of Ravenkind works on live.
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2018 at 3:01pm by Pseudonym »  

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #17 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Sep 21st, 2018 at 1:20pm:

They know how much we like the current raid. They decided the only way to improve it was to make the boss undead. The loading screen was extracted from the current Lammania client.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #18 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Oh so its chronoscope 2.0

I was right

at least the boss looks cool

Are we blowing up the market again?
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2018 at 3:56pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
When exactly was the last time DDO did a live event? I don't mean shit like night revels and crystal cove.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #20 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Soulrazor Longsword
Damage Dice: 7[1d8+3] (+2W from Keen)
Soul Devouring: On hit, applies a stack of Soul Scar - Reduces AC, Fortification, and Will Saves by 1, stacks 20 times. On hit, Blackrazor can attempt to devour the Soul of a non-boss monster (DC 100 Phantasmal Killer vs Will negates, no effect vs mobs at 5,000 or more HP). When you kill a target, this adds a stack of Devoured Soul to you, max 20, which provides a profane bonus of 1 to Damage and Melee power per stack. On Block or unequip, consumed souls are released. Souls last for 20 seconds.
Keen V
Entropic (Bane damage on hit)
Vampirism 4d2
Mind Control Immunity
Red Augment Slot
Orange Augment Slot

I'm honestly debating running this on my druid. Especially with wood elf.

Sure I'd lose the extra 40 melee power I have from running half-orc. But some extra doublestrike and the vigor SLA might make up for that. At a cosy 9(1d8+3) before destinies (due to Dethek Runestone) it's looking like a solid option.

Still hoping/holding out that they might just say fuck it and give Blackrazor the proper treatment of being any 'sword' per the original description. I wouldn't mind a bastard sword or even a scimitar version. Atleast with bastard sword I can aasimar and cheese my way through high skulls without burning a weapon feat.
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2018 at 6:21pm by Edrein »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #21 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 21st, 2018 at 3:58pm:
When exactly was the last time DDO did a live event? I don't mean shit like night revels and crystal cove.

I think it was the last time they did shit like night revels and crystal cove.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Sep 21st, 2018 at 3:01pm:
Forgot to mention this last night, but that's incorrect. The improved deception on Echo of Ravenkind works on live.

That's good to know. When did they fix it?

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #23 - Sep 22nd, 2018 at 12:29am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 21st, 2018 at 7:00pm:
That's good to know. When did they fix it?

I don't remember exactly, it's definitely been working since U39 patch 2 but it might've been fixed earlier without me noticing.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Sep 23rd, 2018 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
hmmm.... gotta decide what to do with the openings... got Slavers & LGS, RL, and CC.....   SHEESH!

Goggles -

Helm - Hardened Hide Helm

Necklace - Elyd Charm Necklace

Trinket - Bell of Warding

Cloak - Cloak of the Mountain

Belt -

Ring1 - Clouded Dreams

Gloves - Gauntlets of the Stormreaver

Boots -

Ring2 -

Bracers - Bracers of the Mountain

Armor - Nullcloth Armor (Heavy)

Weapon - Dusk, The Light Descends

Off-Hand - Shield of Tireless Aid / Echo of the Tome of Strahd (swap)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint