Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Revels public instances removed (Read 4751 times)
Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Revels public instances removed
Sep 21st, 2018 at 10:28am
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/499564-No-more-public-instances-for-Ni...

Quote:
For those who don't already know (I don't recall seeing this in the release notes), apparently there are no more public instances with mobs spawning (unless that is being added later, and I really hope so). Now what was the "public area" with mobs spawning has been turned into yet another challenge system. You step into it, fulfill the stars, rinse and repeat (which is really just running all over trying to find groups of enemies to kill that spawn in certain areas, so you can open more areas of monsters...no respawns that I can tell).

Quote:
Appreciate the feedback. The main reason to do the switch was to fix long-term game performance issues caused by Night Revels (and formerly caused by Mabar). It's our hope that this makes the event much better both for those who run it and those who don't. - Cordovan

Why is no one talking about this?
First monks and now this.
Another fun part of the game taken out...
Ffs this is the only event i looked forward of doing every year. All the others suck.
Is the lag even that bad? I remember Mabar being still pretty much playable even with lag. It was since the introduction of Warlock that it has gone completely FUBAR. So fix Warlock instead, fucking morons.

Looks like SSG is back to being Turdbin.
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2018 at 10:30am by Halfmaniac »  

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Re: Revels public instances removed
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
I think this would actually be better depending on how tedious they make the stars. The old system was stupid. Waiting for mobs to spawn randomly.

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #2 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
I did not like the old method of acquiring keys at all.  If they changed that, it will be something that potentially gets me to run the event more.

IP Logged

Zehnpai
Waterworks Kobold

(◕‿◕✿)

Reply #3 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
I wanna know who pissed in Sev's cheerios when he was little that they keep insisting on making everything a massive tedious grind.

Only SSG can take something fun like seasonal events in video games and make them awful.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Maybe the only MMO he ever played was an asian grinder?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

GimpyPaw
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
A few people bitch about aura-locks camping in spawn points to harvest keys.  This is their fix.  Then, as always, they lie and pretend they are doing the fix "to improve game performance".

It's a pattern we've seen so many times...

- Suck-ups on the forum bitch (you have to be impressed when somebody can still bitch and moan with all of a dev's 3" schlock stuffed in their mouth)

- Devs make some change that will please the cock-gobbler portion of the community who are too busy posting and bitching to even play.  Change is almost always a nerf or reduction in the enjoyment of activity in question, and almost always with ZERO feedback or buy-in from the community that plays the game.

- Devs pat themselves on the back, ban a few people for calling them out on their bullshit, and re-insert their house fly sized boyhoods into Quallor's mouth.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #6 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
Fuck.

Mabar caused lag.

Fuck mabar.

That public instance deserves to die in a giant fire of urine soaked care bear dolls.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #7 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Sep 21st, 2018 at 12:13pm:
I think this would actually be better depending on how tedious they make the stars. The old system was stupid. Waiting for mobs to spawn randomly.

It's not bad.  Delara's graveyard gets sectioned off into 4 different parts.  Once you figure them out, you just run around killing all the mobs at the spawn points.  Being a challenge, you get access to all you abilities, so Wizards finally get to have some fun.  The spawn points seem to be the same major points from the open instances.  Sure, AFK farming is gone, but we get XP to compensate.

The only thing I would change is to make the key end rewards for the Delaras challenge.  (Preferably 1 for each star, multiplied by difficulty.)  And have the spectral dragon raid key do the random drop thing.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #8 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
GimpyPaw wrote on Sep 21st, 2018 at 4:09pm:
- Devs make some change that will please the cock-gobbler portion of the community who are too busy posting and bitching to even play.

Truth x 100.  You just summed up their entire balance process.

Although you did leave out that all important bit about their "internal testing shows" horseshit that has zero resemblance to the actual game.
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2018 at 12:19am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Sep 22nd, 2018 at 12:05am
Print Post  
GimpyPaw wrote on Sep 21st, 2018 at 4:09pm:
A few people bitch about aura-locks camping in spawn points to harvest keys.  This is their fix.  Then, as always, they lie and pretend they are doing the fix "to improve game performance".

It's a pattern we've seen so many times...

- Suck-ups on the forum bitch (you have to be impressed when somebody can still bitch and moan with all of a dev's 3" schlock stuffed in their mouth)

- Devs make some change that will please the cock-gobbler portion of the community who are too busy posting and bitching to even play.  Change is almost always a nerf or reduction in the enjoyment of activity in question, and almost always with ZERO feedback or buy-in from the community that plays the game.

- Devs pat themselves on the back, ban a few people for calling them out on their bullshit, and re-insert their house fly sized boyhoods into Quallor's mouth.

this guy mobos

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Darcat
DQ Assaulter

BEEFCAKE!!

Reply #10 - Sep 22nd, 2018 at 12:12am
Print Post  
They don't believe in open zone competition for mobs.

This game never was keen for it- so theyre shutting it off.
But really don't see the difference between cove and mabar
doing same mobs appear at level of nearby occupants.

If its a star system for mobs in open areas which yer saying
no longer exist- then idk what to say...

Clerics and necros will rule as always.. and rest of us hafta
join huge crap grps to gain bones orwtf ever u get.

I didnt fully read this but we shall see-

I dont care either way- I suspect I succeed in getting all
my bots cloaks and w/e else they need then farm some
ghostbane augs.

I dont care what happens with the place.

I miss the world zone crashing dragon- he was very fun.
And tbh most people dont get to fight a dragon much.

ooou- score me!! some nub requested a Mirage. So I
researched it and easy run its closer than general in sands
and yup took 2 days to get first one... but very nice item.
And with the ghosybane on it- shall rule surpreme at mabar

Also is2d6 scim rankin 13.95?w? dmg --

so ive few weeks to farm more of these.

Ok carry on - just thinking outloud 8)

IP Logged

Darcat
DQ Assaulter

BEEFCAKE!!

Reply #11 - Sep 22nd, 2018 at 3:10am
Print Post  
ok sry been odd night had to re-read what i posted

IP Logged

Darcat
DQ Assaulter

BEEFCAKE!!

Reply #12 - Sep 22nd, 2018 at 3:26am
Print Post  
well ofcourse cleric will rule mabar... but the necros
figured out a bug that if iirc u cast acid rain you get score
for all kills in area and i think this why they crippled the
public zone thingy cus of the necros...

tell me im wrong

IP Logged

MookieBlaylock10
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Sep 23rd, 2018 at 6:50pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #14 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
*shrug*

Dragon was Greek Freeze Time.
Public instance was bearable... it's just that some classes had it easy ( clerics, warlocks ) compared to other... as it was a public area.
( so damage spells were big no no... except things like burst/aura ).

Anyway unless they have made the loot really really interesting there's no more point to running it than there is to run Cove.
Sorry but new cove items are shit, I keep my old ones, even if they are only LVL 20 they are much better than LVL 28 modern versions..
No points wasting time in Cove.... and most probably no point wasting time in Maban/ Revel/whatever somewhat spooky they come with.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Its too fuckin grindy anyway. Don't even go near it unless you plan to spend 40-50 hours grinding shit.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #16 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Sep 24th, 2018 at 5:51pm:
*shrug*

Dragon was Greek Freeze Time.
Public instance was bearable... it's just that some classes had it easy ( clerics, warlocks ) compared to other... as it was a public area.
( so damage spells were big no no... except things like burst/aura ).

Anyway unless they have made the loot really really interesting there's no more point to running it than there is to run Cove.
Sorry but new cove items are shit, I keep my old ones, even if they are only LVL 20 they are much better than LVL 28 modern versions..
No points wasting time in Cove.... and most probably no point wasting time in Maban/ Revel/whatever somewhat spooky they come with.

From a purely numbers/base damage stand point; the cove dagger is the best dagger when wielding by a druid with the level 6 core from season's herald. A dronk could even take that higher with fire stance and GMoF if they wanted. But point remains, it's a decent druid weapon at the very least.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #17 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
Can you upgrade old cove gear, or are they still sending the message that every grind is a giant fucking mistake, that will only be punished in the future?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #18 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 24th, 2018 at 10:11pm:
Can you upgrade old cove gear, or are they still sending the message that every grind is a giant fucking mistake, that will only be punished in the future?

You can, you just have to go to the tavern inside the area and go behind a wall of barrels or some shit. They tucked away the old barter box in there, but it works.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #19 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 11:41pm
Print Post  

Unless something happened since the last patch, you can upgrade it the old way in the tavern.  Or, just trade it to the new version with Euphonia.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #20 - Sep 25th, 2018 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Sep 24th, 2018 at 7:49pm:
From a purely numbers/base damage stand point; the cove dagger is the best dagger when wielding by a druid with the level 6 core from season's herald. A dronk could even take that higher with fire stance and GMoF if they wanted. But point remains, it's a decent druid weapon at the very least.

I made 2 of the level 4 wooden daggers. Still swapping to them a lot at level 15.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Sep 25th, 2018 at 5:24pm
Print Post  

you can pretty much do anything you want with old cove gear, exchange it for the new versions, upgrade to the old upgrade versions, or simply get the old version of anything you didn't get before.  I doubt that will be the case with the Mabar shit....

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #22 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 25th, 2018 at 4:49pm:
I made 2 of the level 4 wooden daggers. Still swapping to them a lot at level 15.

Probably the best dead beater swap for low levels and heroics. It's a shame that Lynnabel can't be made aware of the fact she didn't give them the bludgeon DR tag. Slapping bludgeon on hit procs is nice, but the whole point of a skele beater dagger is to be able to break their DR lol.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #23 - Oct 1st, 2018 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Thanks for answers on upgrading. I gotta say, I'm impressed. I haven't logged in or anything, but it sounds like the new gear, and support for the old gear, might be entirely un-fucked-up.

That's kind of shocking.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #24 - Oct 2nd, 2018 at 4:14am
Print Post  
It just shows how they don't have good engineers. They could keep the main instances away from the shard running the Mabar events and never cause lag for anyone but those participating in a  Mabar event (selective throttling).   I remember when several of the worlds would have the same issues since they ran on the same platform. They would finally upgrade that hardware and all of the servers would perform better (but they would always blame the client's systems).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint