Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Revels public instances removed (Read 4753 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Revels public instances removed
Reply #25 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 24th, 2018 at 6:42pm:
Its too fuckin grindy anyway. Don't even go near it unless you plan to spend 40-50 hours grinding shit.

3 items easily stand out and are worth the grind.

The Hood. Insane when coordinated with a team effort. Also insane just by itself.

The dagger. At lv 4 it is the best reaper beater in the game. 4d10 +4d6 of procs on every hit, and ghost touch. combine it with the VKF tree and you have what is easily one of the best melee in low levels. Get the ML 8 too, it upgrades to 1.5 W, 6d6 force, and Vorpal. Undisputed best reaper beater in heroics?

The rune arm. Ghostly item!, and disrupting weapons at ml 7, + 1d4 pierce damage proc that scales at 200% of your MP.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #26 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Waited for release before getting worked up over the change.  Now that I've seen it in action I can officially say:

Fuck the new system.

Seriously, I'm only averaging a key a run with maybe two key drops every third run.

Fuck that.

Seriously.  I am not running the same fucking quest once just to run another fucking quest I have to run like 10 fucking times to get anything decent.

Even for the devs this pushes the grind so far past gay and retarded that gay and retarded seems....less gay and retarded...whatever.

They should have done away with the key system completely if farming was causing lag issues.

Fucking gay-ass retards.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Oct 3rd, 2018 at 6:31pm:
Seriously, I'm only averaging a key a run with maybe two key drops every third run.

Fuck that.

Seriously.  I am not running the same fucking quest once just to run another fucking quest I have to run like 10 fucking times to get anything decent.

Don't run it for keys at +5 levels over. Just run it at level and you will get keys much faster. More keys will also drop for you at level than at level +5. I was getting 1 or 2 keys at level +5 and I average around 5 keys running it just at level.
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2018 at 8:19pm by Darth Anonymous »  

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #28 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 3rd, 2018 at 5:02pm:
3 items easily stand out and are worth the grind.

Getting a single set of all the candies are worth the trouble as well.  They're insanely quick to farm.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Changing the revels instances is actually one of the good things I think they've done recently. I've never thought that the public instances were a good system; in Cove, I just farm Butcher's Path anyway. With new Revels system, I can enter an instance, farm the first two zones of monsters, and recall all within a minute or so. Easy keys and guaranteed spawns.

I just wish they would change the ingredients to not disappear after October though. Festivult and Cove items stay in our inventories year round. Why the fuck is Mabar different? That's my main beef with the event now.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #30 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
I like the new way.  Get XP.  Get keys.   better than sitting around waiting for respawns.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #31 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Oct 3rd, 2018 at 6:31pm:
Waited for release before getting worked up over the change.  Now that I've seen it in action I can officially say:

Fuck the new system.

Fuck that.

Even for the devs this pushes the grind so far past gay and retarded that gay and retarded seems....less gay and retarded...whatever.

They should have done away with the key system completely if farming was causing lag issues.

Fucking gay-ass retards.

I like the new challenge system over public zone. However they turned the spectral dragon dungeon into a tedious slog. Having to repeat everything twice. Those damn levers! Having to pull them like 5-6 times each.

Just dont solo the damn spectral dragon dungeon. Youll hate yourself.

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #32 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Multiboxing pays dividends.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on Sep 21st, 2018 at 10:28am:

Because it is irrelevant, just like you?

Run the damn quest for your keys, it is a trivial thing and only you might even die there with your gimp chars.

It's a time sink, no more or less than it was a time sink before except you can't just afk farm the keys anymore.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Sep 26th, 2018 at 12:14pm:
Probably the best dead beater swap for low levels and heroics. It's a shame that Lynnabel can't be made aware of the fact she didn't give them the bludgeon DR tag. Slapping bludgeon on hit procs is nice, but the whole point of a skele beater dagger is to be able to break their DR lol.

For a limited time event, sure.  Available all year around is the cannith challenges and you can buy the mournlode weapon of your choice with good dr breaking for deleras skeles.  The NR dagger is good for reapers thou.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint