Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Soy Boy Cordovan (Read 3373 times)
Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Soy Boy Cordovan
Oct 12th, 2018 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The level of transphobia in this thread is not ok, so it is now closed. We will have to look into this particular outfit bug.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/500150-Cosmetic-with-uhm-padding?p=614...

People joking around about a female outfit with a larger than normal crotch region. Cordovan locks it because "transphobia". Really?
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2018 at 8:19pm by Rose-tinted Goggles »  

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Re: Soy Boy Cordovan
Reply #1 - Oct 13th, 2018 at 3:40am
Print Post  
lmao why am I not surprised... Turbine or whatever they wanna call themselves seem like EXACTLY the sort of people who'd cater to the loonie SJW-ish types. couldn't even load the page for a solid 10 minutes due to DDO and the site lagging out (during off-hours lol) but this shit is hilarious and well worth the time

Note how 99% of the time when shit like this happens (on the mobos or elsewhere), it's not actual transgender people or whoever getting offended. I didn't see any transgender people in that thread complaining or saying "this makes me a little uncomfortable" or whatever; it's Cordoban white-knighting and getting offended on behalf of someone who's not going to get offended anyway. And it makes sense, too, because I'm fairly certain that people who are actually trans have more important shit to worry about than people on a fucking retarded forum for a 10-year-old dying MMO poking fun at shitty ass art direction

also, I always lol @ whenever I see words like "homophobia" or "transphobia" being thrown around; phobia literally means "an irrational fear of," but have you actually met anyone who's afraid of gays or trannies? Such a silly word.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #2 - Oct 13th, 2018 at 7:59am
Print Post  
Quote:
lmao why am I not surprised... Turbine or whatever they wanna call themselves seem like EXACTLY the sort of people who'd cater to the loonie SJW-ish types. couldn't even load the page for a solid 10 minutes due to DDO and the site lagging out (during off-hours lol) but this shit is hilarious and well worth the time

Note how 99% of the time when shit like this happens (on the mobos or elsewhere), it's not actual transgender people or whoever getting offended. I didn't see any transgender people in that thread complaining or saying "this makes me a little uncomfortable" or whatever; it's Cordoban white-knighting and getting offended on behalf of someone who's not going to get offended anyway. And it makes sense, too, because I'm fairly certain that people who are actually trans have more important shit to worry about than people on a fucking retarded forum for a 10-year-old dying MMO poking fun at shitty ass art direction

also, I always lol @ whenever I see words like "homophobia" or "transphobia" being thrown around; phobia literally means "an irrational fear of," but have you actually met anyone who's afraid of gays or trannies? Such a silly word.

Yup! SJW white knight soy boy Cordovan virtue signalling to trans people who arent even reading or getting offended by the thread. Its funny because im pretty sure the DDO community is one of the more inclusive communities out there. Especially on the mobos. But I guess Cordovan got his "feel good" moment of the day. Saving that 1 trans person that may have read it from having a good laugh.

DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #3 - Oct 13th, 2018 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Oct 13th, 2018 at 7:59am:
Saving that 1 trans person that may have read it from having a good laugh.

Dude...

Have you never seen any of their podcast or update videos?  Yeah, the player base is primarily middle-aged white males, but the company is ripe with "insert whatever proper term is preferred this week".

Not even saying that to be funny or for shock value.  Way more than one person with a horse in this race working for them, just sayin'.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #4 - Oct 13th, 2018 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Oct 12th, 2018 at 8:18pm:
Soy Boy Cordovan

Hola Boy Cordovan soy Dad

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #5 - Oct 14th, 2018 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Oct 13th, 2018 at 2:54pm:
Way more than one person with a horse in this race working for them, just sayin'.

Independent 3rd party confirmed.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

SpookyBoi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Oct 14th, 2018 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
With the current population numbers I bet there isn't even 1 tranny playing DDO.

Maybe Cordo should be white knighting for his actual customers instead of degenerates that don't even play his game.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Oct 14th, 2018 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
SpookyBoi wrote on Oct 14th, 2018 at 6:47pm:
With the current population numbers I bet there isn't even 1 tranny playing DDO.

Maybe Cordo should be white knighting for his actual customers instead of degenerates that don't even play his game.

I know of at least two on Cannith.  One was in my guild for about a week before she joined an "LBGTQ friendly" guild on Thelanis.  (so that means one on Cannith now)

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 1:29am
Print Post  
It's not whether or not trans people play DDO that's the issue. I'm sure there are probably some who do, and I certainly don't bear them any ill will. Let them do what they want to do; I judge you as a player, not based on your sexual identity.

The silly thing to me is that Cordo's the one getting offended, and not the trans players themselves. I'd have a different view of the situation if I saw actual trans players popping into the thread and saying "this is inappropriate and hurtful" or something along those lines. But they're not. I say let people speak for themselves. I think it's silly for Cordo to get offended on behalf of some subset of the population to which he doesn't belong.

There's plenty of shit in DDO that needs fixing, and instead of getting offended on behalf of someone who's probably not taking offense anyway, Cordo and the rest of SSG would do well to actually work on what needs to be done.

I'm all for creating a positive and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. But for fuck's sake, let them speak for themselves instead of preemptively getting your knickers in a bunch over some perceived offense, Cordoban.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Funny, I always assumed Cordo would be firmly in the MRA camp. Maybe I'm thinking of Sev?

SpookyBoi wrote on Oct 14th, 2018 at 6:47pm:

There are more than a few, and it's probably offensive to call them "degenerates".

There was one nice person I remember from the motherboards a while back who was actively using DDO to cope with their trans status, by playing as their preferred gender and presenting themselves that way online. This sort of thing probably happens way more often than you realize.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #10 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Guys, it's a liability issue.   A private companies maintaining a forum can be held legally liable for the content posted on it if someone gets upset.   Maybe nobody will.  But it's not worth the risk.   

It's pretty standard stuff now days. 

IP Logged

Slick Stick
Puppy Farmer

Titties!

Reply #11 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
Oh fucking hell. Who gives a fuck about a few jackasses in a worthless fucking thread?

Sure Cordo is an idiot. We already knew that. But why did you even bother showing this to us? What a waste of fucking time.

Just because someone asks a question, doesn't mean they need an answer.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 15th, 2018 at 7:51pm:
Guys, it's a liability issue.   A private companies maintaining a forum can be held legally liable for the content posted on it if someone gets upset.   Maybe nobody will.  But it's not worth the risk.   

It's pretty standard stuff now days. 

Except its just a good-natured joke, not "trans-bashing". Would take a fair amount of effort to get "upset", let alone be offended enough to file a lawsuit.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #13 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 16th, 2018 at 1:47pm:
Except its just a good-natured joke, not "trans-bashing". Would take a fair amount of effort to get "upset", let alone be offended enough to file a lawsuit.

SSG, as usual, overreacted.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #14 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Oct 16th, 2018 at 2:45pm:

Yet they don't seem at all bothered by all the game-breaking bugs...

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Ladder bug: a staple feature of DDO since 2006

IP Logged

Zehnpai
Waterworks Kobold

(◕‿◕✿)

Reply #16 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 15th, 2018 at 7:51pm:
A private companies maintaining a forum can be held legally liable for the content posted on it if someone gets upset.

lol no

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #17 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Zehnpai wrote on Oct 16th, 2018 at 4:54pm:
lol no

Pretty sure Ash was kidding.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #18 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Oct 16th, 2018 at 4:55pm:
Pretty sure Ash was kidding.

Kinda.  You are immune from actual defamation lawsuits and the like.   But very few businesses have much of a sense of humor about gender these days.

It's just not worth the risk.    
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2018 at 8:51pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 15th, 2018 at 1:57pm:
There was one nice person I remember from the motherboards a while back who was actively using DDO to cope with their trans status, by playing as their preferred gender and presenting themselves that way online. This sort of thing probably happens way more often than you realize.

are you on orien? we had something like that in our guild. the guy was nice for a creepy catfish.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #20 - Oct 17th, 2018 at 9:24am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Oct 16th, 2018 at 2:45pm:

Just Cordovan being a cuck. Virtue signalling to .05% of the player base.

Im surprised ssg doesnt remove the dick and balls shadow from the desert public zone. At the very least add a vagina shadow. #genderequality

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint