Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Early Look - Bard Changes (Read 5628 times)
Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Re: Early Look - Bard Changes
Reply #25 - Oct 18th, 2018 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Looks like a nice start. Somewhat wordy and cluttered though so it was kind of difficult to understand parts. I hope they also update Spellsinger and/or Warchanter because those trees seem somewhat lacking compared to Swashbuckler... does anyone even go T5 in those anymore, other than casuals?

They are niche T5s for sure, not entirely noob bait or casual bait. T5 Warchanter has a very niche use for a super high vorpal damage SWF swash splash build. I think I pumped a 19-20 roll up to 9x multiplier for Axe of the Unseen Blow. But granted that was just going full retard on a single weapon. A heroic weapon at that, so the damage was awful at cap when it'd be most useful.

Warchanter is going to need some serious boosts if it's supposed to be a main tree for a certain type of bard player. The +8 to hit and damage that the devs state you'll get if you go full retard (pure bard in Fatesinger... lol) is paultry. I can get +8 to hit and +11 to damage from Vistani alone. Kensai is similar with +8 to hit, +11 to damage, or +12 for two handers/crossbow. That's not even including the bonuses from feats required for the kensai weapon lines...

The bard themselves is going to need a self bonus for taking the line, like double or 1.5x, where the party gets the basic +8 crap. Since there's going to be no adjustment to AP costs at the moment, and Warchanter is an AP sink. I also dislike that the damage and utility from the capstone being changed is being ignored by the devs. Losing an additional +5 to hit/damage, the +15 PRR, and +15 stacking resists is a nerf. I really hope they add something back to fix that.

Spellsinger on the other hand just needs the damage spells to be uncapped or have their caps upped so they are useful beyond heroics. They could use a bit of sonic crit chance as well. As it's sad to be an effective SS nuker, you practically have to spash 3-6 levels of sorc. On the CC abilities more folks are more skilled to comment than me. Fascinate has to be the most boring (albeit useful) way to play a bard in my eyes.
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2018 at 4:38pm by Edrein »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #26 - Oct 19th, 2018 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Oct 17th, 2018 at 1:19pm:
Don't you know? You have to say "edgy" ssg attacks so that the vault thinks you're cool.

Sure. The Vault thinks an identifiable thought.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Dwarven Zoo Keeper
Korthos Resident

I Love llama's!

Reply #27 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Oct 16th, 2018 at 8:05pm:
Meh. Today's music ain't got the same soul.

As long as it doesn’t have pitbull(the artist or the breed) growling unintelligibly for a minute and a half, I’ll take it.

Well someone has to feed the trolls...

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 4:58pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #29 - Oct 21st, 2018 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Oct 20th, 2018 at 4:58pm:
video

I'll sit and listen to 'em by myself.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint