Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic LOTRO Legendary Server (Read 2601 times)
Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

LOTRO Legendary Server
Oct 28th, 2018 at 9:55am
Print Post  
So LOTRO is getting a "progression" server. Starting at level 50 with the level 50 content (current max is 120). However this isnt a true 'classic' experience. Its the current game with all the current systems with just the content and levels locked. Also its only for VIP players. Seems very lazy and definitely a weird move on SSG's end.. Perhaps trying to capitalize on WoW's classic server announcement? 

https://www.lotro.com/en/legendary

Could you imagine DDO getting this? The current game locked to level 20 content. Everyone starting fresh. Only available to VIP's. The server would be dead on arrival.

https://youtu.be/kk0fXLh_3IU?t=78

Dev stated going back to old trait system is impossible. Never going to happen since you have to design them all over again. Rip classic server.

Quote:
Is the Legendary server a “Classic” or “Vanilla” server?
By most descriptions, a “Classic” server is an attempt to recreate LOTRO exactly as it was at launch, using only assets and content that was available in 2007.

A Legendary server runs alongside existing servers, and therefore contains many of the changes that have been made to the game over the years, such as UI improvements, bug fixes, changes to game systems, etc. In cases where we have updated or changed the layout of regions, the Legendary server uses the updated version of the regions. In cases where we have changed items or player abilities, the Legendary server uses those updated abilities.  Some content or gameplay that isn’t appropriate to the Legendary server’s current level cap may be restricted, until that portion of the story unlocks with level cap increases (one does not simply walk into Mordor on Legendary until the time comes).
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2018 at 10:13am by Rose-tinted Goggles »  

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Re: LOTRO Legendary Server
Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2018 at 10:10am
Print Post  
Hmm. I'd say it's more inspired by runescape classic than WoW. Especially with the strange starting at level 50 idea.

Which is a shame for me. The best content in Lotro was the early game bits, where the story and was strong. It started to fall apart around 40+.

I'll always remember the Barrow Downs, Breeland, etc. That was memorable. Everything past that was boring as all get out.
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2018 at 10:12am by Edrein »  

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #2 - Oct 28th, 2018 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Oct 28th, 2018 at 10:10am:
Hmm. I'd say it's more inspired by runescape classic than WoW. Especially with the strange starting at level 50 idea.

Correct me if im wrong but I thought Old school Runescape is an exact recreation of the vanilla game (or the point where they choose to re-create from). Even down to the anti-cheat/bot system.

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #3 - Oct 28th, 2018 at 10:48am
Print Post  
I’m not sure I get the point of the lotro server.  What’s the appeal?

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #4 - Oct 28th, 2018 at 11:35am
Print Post  
Yeah, I don't get it either.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #5 - Oct 28th, 2018 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Could you imagine DDO getting this? The current game locked to level 20 10 content. Everyone starting fresh. Only available to VIP's. The server would be dead on arrival.

fify

no AH, no PvP, Velah end game Raid, Cult of the 6 and Southern Excavation Endgame Quest chains, Old Harbour, Underlevel Bonus, no Dungeon Alert, and Death Penalty.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #6 - Oct 28th, 2018 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Could you imagine DDO getting this? The current game locked to level 20 content. Everyone starting fresh. Only available to VIP's. The server would be dead on arrival.

I'd play this

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #7 - Oct 28th, 2018 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 28th, 2018 at 10:48am:
I’m not sure I get the point of the lotro server.  What’s the appeal?

LotRO is weird. They sell an item (for "real money" LotRO points) in their store to stop xp gain. And people use it.

Apparently people don't like how the game autolevels before you get a chance to run all the at-level content.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Oct 28th, 2018 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 28th, 2018 at 2:38pm:
They sell an item (for "real money" LotRO points) in their store to stop xp gain. And people use it.

Apparently people don't like how the game autolevels before you get a chance to run all the at-level content.

lol. fucking turbine are such sleazebags.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

TornadoJoe
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Oct 28th, 2018 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Oct 28th, 2018 at 2:36pm:
I'd play this

As would I. Grinding epic gear at 20 with original Epics would be wonderful. +3 or 4 tomes max, +7 stats with exceptional. I'd play the shit out of that.

IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Reply #10 - Oct 28th, 2018 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
I don't get it either. Going to have to poll the two LotR players at my PnP table about it.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #11 - Oct 29th, 2018 at 7:25am
Print Post  
TornadoJoe wrote on Oct 28th, 2018 at 5:25pm:
As would I. Grinding epic gear at 20 with original Epics would be wonderful. +3 or 4 tomes max, +7 stats with exceptional. I'd play the shit out of that.

Why would you be doing that?  It’s not a rollback server.  It’s the current game just you can’t go over level 20. So you’d be fArming heroic slavers gear, mines of teth, and raven loft heroic sets and the like.   Because those are far superior to s/s/s gear.   And if those weren’t available then cannith crafted or ran gen loot would be the best. +7 stat with +1 exceptional or +9 stat and +4 insightful (with +1 augment)?   You might run some shroud.  At least for conc opp and an hp item.

For this to even be a possiblly viable thing on ddo they would need to finish fixing all the named loot that hasn’t been updated to the new loot power curve.

But honestly, it would just be you starting a new character on a on new server with no ability to twink it and running Racials and Heroic TR's while building up some reaper points.   They'd probably have to disable Iconics because you couldn't start an iconic life and get to 20 and then not be able to TR (since you can't get to 30).  You'd get a feel for what all that is like without Epic PL's.   Since you wouldn't  have any until they got the level cap up high enough for you to earn some.   Since it isn't a roll back, you wouldn't get them at 28.   You'd have to wait till cap 30 is opened to get Iconics and Epic PL's. 

Some interesting points would be that you would not have access to your shared bank of stuff and past activities.  Bypass timers, collectibles, ingredients, etc.   You'd have to actually farm things to get your crafting levels up, etc.   You'd be truly starting from scratch. 

I dunno.  I just don't think it works with the character progression systems in DDO and the way 90% of the named loot from level 13-27 is all borked up because of the loot curve changes.   

« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2018 at 8:28am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint