Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Arcane DPS pass (Read 18674 times)
WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Re: Arcane DPS pass
Reply #100 - Nov 24th, 2018 at 12:50am
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Nov 23rd, 2018 at 7:38pm:
What about Evo DC? Is it even possible to get it high enough in Reaper content so the mobs arent saving all the time?

Tier 3 from magister:

Quote:
[Spell School] Augmentation: Passive Bonus: Chosen school spells have 15% chance to reduce target Reflex by for 10 for 30 seconds.

You'll probably wanna run magister for the 3 MCL but Draconic works too. You can also twist 3 MCL from draconic

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #101 - Nov 24th, 2018 at 12:52am
Print Post  
You'll still want to necro (or wail) archers unless you're acid spec'd because of their low fort saves and evasion.

The magister debuff is really only useful on bosses.
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2018 at 12:53am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #102 - Nov 24th, 2018 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Nov 23rd, 2018 at 5:56pm:
To be fair, I'd totally accept "God, you're SUCH a straight white male" as an insult...though that might be hitting further below the belt than "gay and retarded".

Punching up?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #103 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
I dislike they making game more far and far away from dnd.
Yet I like they giving some love for nukers. I can see ice sorc as top single target dps after update but I bet noone will mess to get all the gear to build it on live.

Good news after u41 we may roll evocatos and farm some lifes on lower skulls on sorcs and wizards as easy and fast as we used to do so on warlocks.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #104 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
They just annihilated arcane dps by increasing cooldowns on the level 9 spells and nerfing polar ray.

RIP caster dps.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #105 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 27th, 2018 at 8:57pm:
They just annihilated arcane dps by increasing cooldowns on the level 9 spells and nerfing polar ray.

RIP caster dps.

Did they? Well, no matter. Breathes, burst and niac rays are workhorses ^^

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #106 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
post pass niacs won't be in your rota

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #107 - Nov 28th, 2018 at 11:52am
Print Post  
SSG has fucked up here. Tripling the cooldowns on the very spells that were added to fix the complete lack of arcane dps just shows they have no clue how to build, gear, use rotations, or even math the game they work on. Cooldowns going from 4 and 3.5 to 12 and 9 absolutely guts the dps because the new level 9 spells were the pillars that rotations would have been built around.

Pseudo and I mathed out the damage, crit values, crit multiplier, and rotations the night before the first lama preview came up. He deciphered their blurry image using his DEA skills, and we spent some time going through the changes. If 2 guys in the middle of the night, off of a blurry image could estimate what the damage was going to be, then how could ssg fail so hard at it.

We guessed the dps would be around 20-30 seconds. Where 20 was for bursts and 30 for more consistent non-bursting times. And when lama came up, that is exactly what we were getting on the test dummies. The new times are probably going to be around 50 seconds on burst mode to kill the test dummy. 

They need to lower the cooldowns to something acceptable like 6 seconds for sorc and 8 seconds for wizards. This way casters have a chance to burst up to around 30 seconds and non-burst times at around 40.

The current cooldowns are so bad that it renders the entire change null. Why would they waste so much time and money on something that will have no appreciable effect in its current form. A fix that doesn't fix anything in any difficulty is a waste of time for everyone involved, both players and devs.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #108 - Nov 28th, 2018 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
I think Steel found some OP quarterstaff EK build and felt he needed to tone it down a little

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #109 - Nov 28th, 2018 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The new times are probably going to be around 50 seconds on burst mode to kill the test dummy.

confirmed this morning

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #110 - Nov 28th, 2018 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
I can't handle how retarded Steel is on this. Am done giving feedback on this to him. If he wants to be isolated in a chamber of retartedness he can fuck himself.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #111 - Nov 28th, 2018 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Justanotherlurker wrote on Nov 28th, 2018 at 12:35pm:
I think Steel found some OP quarterstaff EK build and felt he needed to tone it down a little

Someone probably splashed 2 levels of Monk on an Evo sorc and soloed LH without dying using the new spells.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #112 - Nov 28th, 2018 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 28th, 2018 at 11:52am:
Why would they waste so much time and money on something that will have no appreciable effect in its current form. A fix that doesn't fix anything in any difficulty is a waste of time for everyone involved, both players and devs.

SSG depends on the stupidity of its player base, particularly the mobo crowd.  They can say they're fixing things but actually nerf shit because they know the usual suspects don't have the brains to figure it out.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #113 - Nov 28th, 2018 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Why would they waste so much time and money on something that will have no appreciable effect in its current form.

There's a right way, a wrong way, and the army way.

This is the SSG way.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #114 - Nov 28th, 2018 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
If 2 guys in the middle of the night, off of a blurry image could estimate what the damage was going to be, then how could ssg fail so hard at it.

To be fair I think everyone at SSG cant play ddo worth shit. Plus they're probably so sick of working on the shit code to even consider playing the game seriously. Also, where they get their feedback (shit mobos) the majority of people there fail at ddo. 

The current cooldowns are so bad that it renders the entire change null. Why would they waste so much time and money on something that will have no appreciable effect in its current form. A fix that doesn't fix anything in any difficulty is a waste of time for everyone involved, both players and devs.

It was a pipe dream tbh. I dont think it would have been viable in R10. Even if it was, it will shortly be made shit tier in a year or so. This is what, the third or fourth arcane pass?

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #115 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 12:05am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Nov 28th, 2018 at 5:20pm:
There's a right way, a wrong way, and the army way.

This is the SSG way.

Oh you have this joke in english too? ^^ In Russia we call it "army method" Smiley

IP Logged

Zehnpai
Waterworks Kobold

(◕‿◕✿)

Reply #116 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
I think he means well, he just isn't very good at it.  The problem is they don't really have anyone on staff that's good at it, so it falls to him.

I mean, if we're gonna be fair, it's not an easy thing to do.  Blizzard has billions of hours of logs, actual pro-gamers on staff, etc...and they still fuck it up.

Hoping that Steel-"Darkfire is good because it's free damage"-star will get it right is a bit much.

I'd be okay with them fucking it up left and right if it at least felt fun.  But they keep fucking that up too.  Touch range on EK tree.  RMM being full of 2 minute duration buffs.  They felt there wasn't enough token farming in the game so now we're getting yet another token system.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #117 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Quote:
My favorite Eldritch Knight build so far is also a THF, it was just a lot of fun. Smiley

Called it

IP Logged

mr420247
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #118 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
My take is fod 40 sp kills 1 r10 mob ruin grtr ruin does not

Energy burst 4 x the power of hell ball at 1/4 the cost

Non bosses see the probs yet

IP Logged

Afunkymunky
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #119 - Dec 1st, 2018 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
I think they might’ve realized something which was obvious to everyone.  This is a balance pass aimed directly at improving a class in reaper, and specifically r7+.  They buffed the damage such that it would actually work for reaper, but then realized it’s gonna be stupid OP for anything below r3.  And since they don’t run content above r3, and neither do players on the mobos; they nerfed it so that we won’t see a million threads complaining about it the way the mobos cried about warlocks when reaper was first released.

IP Logged

DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #120 - Dec 1st, 2018 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/501315-U41-Preview-2-Eldritch-Knight

They made some improvements but I still don't see how this could work on high reapers. Biggest problem is healing and item consolidation.

If you go undead no one is healing you, maybe your guildies with harm, because self healing on high skulls is trash, also no nullification itens except Silverthread Belt. The other item with stacking nullification is Null, the Darkness Without, but no one is using that on a melee. So you lose ghost form for more defense. Other route is robot but no one wants to heal them too on high skulls. You end up with flesh char depending on normal heals.

Also they make spells touch based, so it is crap. No Cha/Int to damage, so you go Str because you are not casting for dc anyways. Low hp, low saves. What else am I missing?

Or can you see a good build for EK?

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #121 - Dec 2nd, 2018 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
DnD wrote on Dec 1st, 2018 at 8:38pm:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/501315-U41-Preview-2-Eldritch-Knight

They made some improvements but I still don't see how this could work on high reapers. Biggest problem is healing and item consolidation.

If you go undead no one is healing you, maybe your guildies with harm, because self healing on high skulls is trash, also no nullification itens except Silverthread Belt. The other item with stacking nullification is Null, the Darkness Without, but no one is using that on a melee. So you lose ghost form for more defense. Other route is robot but no one wants to heal them too on high skulls. You end up with flesh char depending on normal heals.

Also they make spells touch based, so it is crap. No Cha/Int to damage, so you go Str because you are not casting for dc anyways. Low hp, low saves. What else am I missing?

Or can you see a good build for EK?

Disclaimer: I know SFA about casters, I don't usually roll them and I'm not big on the playstyle. That much being said:

I will throw my hat in the ring here...

There isn't a good EK build. In PnP, the idea was to make a pure caster slightly less useless in melee once their spells ran dry. You weren't going to make "Erdrick" from Dragon Warrior, it wasn't going to work and it wasn't supposed to.

As someone stated earlier, there alread is a "gish" tree, and it's called Swashbuckler. How this fact escaped them is beyond me, and I'm sure many other people feel the same.

They could have literally just copy/pasta'd the entire Swash tree, maybe tweaked a few things for INT based characters (which Swash already does), added a few EK-unique icons and called it a day.  Hell, they might have even found a use for Arcane Marauder or Cannoneer  enhancements (swashbuckling with rune arm or an orb off-hand). Any remaining gaps could be filled using enhancements copy/pasta'd from Arty Battle Engineer.

But NOPE.

This steaming coil of an enhancement tree offers nothing innovative, gimps some of the things that previously worked, and makes a hateful, frenzied mess of button mashing to maintain short duration buffs.

Fail. Fail. Fail.

Maybe this tree still has some merits for the LOLnoDPS tank builds, but for anything else, it's hot garbage.

So be prepared, Ye Faithful! The Arrogant SpergNation at SSG will roll this rubbish out and give each other congratulatory reach-arounds for how awesome their design was and everyone actually playing the game  will just click "Unset" on the enhancement tree panels.

To the SSG peeps creeping this forum: Cowboy Up, and speak truth to power. Tell whoever greenlit this tomfuckery to get a clue.

Feel free to point to this post (I don't play the game enough anymore to care if I get banned, and I'm not exactly hiding).

You can sell it to them by reciting what I said above: Just copy/pasta Swashbuckler and Battle Engineer and tweak it. Forget all this touch-range only casting and gimped Tenser's Transformation nonsense. If they did that, an intern could have this entire pass done in a week, new icons and all. Everyone is happy. Reframe the dev time already spent as "in house skills development and concept testing". You're Welcome.

Also, make sure that Rune Arm proficiency is selectable as an enhancement somewhere in this tree (it's not too OP to grant since most Rune Arms are gimp AF but they WOULD be of some small help to a melee caster).

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #122 - Dec 2nd, 2018 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
EK is dead now. It will be dead after the release. Nothing lost, nothing gained except a few laughs.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #123 - Dec 2nd, 2018 at 11:00pm
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Dec 2nd, 2018 at 8:53pm:
Nothing lost

Wasted dev time that could have been spent actually making the game better by doing QoL bug fixes instead.
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2018 at 11:00pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #124 - Dec 3rd, 2018 at 12:27am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Nov 13th, 2018 at 12:38pm:
One of the easiest ways they could fix evo casters in reaper is to add a passive, fairly fast spell point regen effect to them.  Or in other words, just give Evo casters a stance that works in a similar manner to the Epic Defensive stance for melee.  Have it give a steady and relatively endless spell point supply to Evo casters while reducing non-Evo spellpowers and DCs to zero and reduce healing range to touch.

Not a bad idea.  Maybe have it modify echoes of power to be always on regardless of sp status.  That's not going to allow for endless gruins, but it will feed slas all day long and give a slow but steady mana regen that will feed into your meteor swarms, ruins, gruins etc over time.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint