Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Arcane DPS pass (Read 18700 times)
Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Re: Arcane DPS pass
Reply #75 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Show me your awesome building skills then digi? Instead of riding the coattails of the vault? I'm more than happy to show my bard build any day.

You don't get to see my dick just because you offer to show me yours.

Nice spin attempt, but this is a thread about Evo casters in general and so back to the topic we go.

I'll make it simple.

In LN
Instakiller kills a mob in 2 spells for a total spell point cost of X.  (assumes the need to debuff first)
Evo nuker kills a mob in 2 spells for a total spell point cost of Y.

In LE
Instakiller kills a mob in 2 spells for a total spell point cost of X.
Evo nuker kills a mob in 4 spells for a total spell point cost of Y*2.

In R1
Evo nuker kills a mob in 6 spells for a total spell point cost of Y*3.

In R5
Evo nuker kills a mob in 10 spells for a total spell point cost of Y*5

In R10
Evo nuker kills a mob in 20 spells for a total spell point cost of Y*10

See the problem yet?  The spell points per kill remains static for DC casters.  The spell points per kill scales very, very poorly for Evo nukers. 

There's no way SSG can fix this problem for Evo casters by simply piling on more damage without completely trivializing all the difficulties lower than what they're balancing against.
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2018 at 6:58pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #76 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Then don't say your dick is bigger than my dick if you've not got the confidence to whip it out?

The problem is you're trying to compare a DC instakill caster to a dps caster which is ground floor stupid. I could make that similar argument about DC instakills cost per kill vs melee dps cost per kill. There's no way from that standpoint to make Evoc casters on the level of DC instakills.

Your only basis of being right is that it's gonna cost Evoc casters more and more as the skulls get ratcheted up. I see the solution to that problem as being adjusting how you play and what you build for for harder content like is usually the case for adapting for harder content, your solution is to gut out the costing tied to casting spells entirely and make another standard mmo rotation based generic aoe/single target dps class that doesn't have to make any dynamic choices or decisions just pound down 5-6 keys when they come off timer and win. Your stupid idea would work in generic mmo wow clone shit, but it goes against the grain of ddo where casting has always been about resource management. If your dumb ass wants to blow all your spell points on the first group of mobs in r10 instead of softening it up for the help be my guest and show how bad you are at playing a caster. What you actually want to be playing is a dumb one button warlock.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #77 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Then don't say your dick is bigger than my dick if you've not got the confidence to whip it out?

Guess you really do want to see a dick eh?  Well, all your other posts already confirmed the retarded part, so I guess you didn't have anything to lose by confirming the gay part, too.

So you think the solution to Evo casters problems in 10 skull is to adjust how you play one?  That's just another retarded way of saying "don't play an evo caster like an evo caster, play a DC caster instead".

Why don't you load your bard up with all the evo spells you can, max your sonic spellpower and perform, then go try to nuke your way through a 10-skull Raven's Bane run at cap.  No melee, just nukes.  Be sure not to swap any feats or enhancements around since you'll obviously still want to run your build the normal way in lower content.  Let us know how that works out.  Video of it would be great.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #78 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
So you chastise me for homosexual jokes then you go straight to one yourself? Pathetic man.

My solution to evoc caster is to not try to race your dps against melee dps, i know the concept of trying to not lead kill counts is hard for you to understand, and save your big spells for the boss fights. Utilizing dc casting which is going to be far more spell point cost/mob killed savvy, and you can still toss in your evoc spells for good measure.

The reason I'm not gonna do that thing you suggested is because 1. i'm an average player and soloing r10 isn't gonna be something i'm going to dps my way out of anyway 2. i don't know of anyone personally that would be able to do r10 solo 3. if i'm not doing r10 solo then what is the point you're trying to make 4. what point are you trying to make by challenging me to something that doesn't prove anybody's point?

You're so stupid you can't even put up a good counter argument or a challenge that makes sense

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #79 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Nov 21st, 2018 at 6:45pm:
Nice spin attempt, but this is a thread about Evo casters in general and so back to the topic we go.

Stop. You had me at "You don't get to see my dick".

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #80 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Nov 21st, 2018 at 6:45pm:
You don't get to see my dick just because you offer to show me yours.

I'll make it simple.

In LN
Instakiller kills a mob in 1 spells for a total spell point cost of X.  (assumes the need to debuff first)
Evo nuker kills a mob in 2 spells for a total spell point cost of Y.

In LE
Evo nuker kills a mob in 4 spells for a total spell point cost of Y*2.

In R1
Evo nuker kills a mob in 6 spells for a total spell point cost of Y*3.

In R5
Evo nuker kills a mob in 10 spells for a total spell point cost of Y*5

In R10
Evo nuker kills a mob in 20 spells for a total spell point cost of Y*10

See the problem yet?  The spell points per kill remains static for DC casters.  The spell points per kill scales very, very poorly for Evo nukers. 

There's no way SSG can fix this problem for Evo casters by simply piling on more damage without completely trivializing all the difficulties lower than what they're balancing against.

You're not accounting for AOE or boss killing utility. You kill 12 mobs in 12 spells.
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2018 at 8:45pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #81 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
I can't believe how retarted you are Digi

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #82 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
REALITY

In LN
Instakiller kills a mob in 1 spells for a total spell point cost of X*12.
Evo nuker kills 12 mobs in 1 spell for a total spell point cost of Y.

In LE
Evo nuker kills 12 mobs in 2 spells for a total spell point cost of Y*2.

In R1
Evo nuker kills 12 mobs in 3 spells for a total spell point cost of Y*3.

In R5
Evo nuker kills 12 mobs in 6 spells for a total spell point cost of Y*6.

In R10
Evo nuker kills 12 mobs in 12 spells for a total spell point cost of Y*12.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #83 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Nov 21st, 2018 at 8:50pm:
REALITY

In LN

In LE

In R1

In R5

In R10

I'm surprised, I didn't think you were retarded enough to miss the forest for the trees.  Gramh, sure, but you generally seem intelligent.

While I'm pretty sure it's not news to you, instakillers have AoEs, too.  That moves it back to instakiller - 1/2 spells, Evo nuker -12.

If you really want to get that pedantic about it, what happens when there are only 1 or 2 mobs at a time?

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #84 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So you chastise me for homosexual jokes then you go straight to one yourself? Pathetic man.

My solution to evoc caster is to not try to race your dps against melee dps, i know the concept of trying to not lead kill counts is hard for you to understand, and save your big spells for the boss fights. Utilizing dc casting which is going to be far more spell point cost/mob killed savvy, and you can still toss in your evoc spells for good measure.

The reason I'm not gonna do that thing you suggested is because 1. i'm an average player and soloing r10 isn't gonna be something i'm going to dps my way out of anyway 2. i don't know of anyone personally that would be able to do r10 solo 3. if i'm not doing r10 solo then what is the point you're trying to make 4. what point are you trying to make by challenging me to something that doesn't prove anybody's point?

You're so stupid you can't even put up a good counter argument or a challenge that makes sense

Congrats, you completely missed the point and more importantly, the subtleties of that joke, which isn't really surprising considering the intellectual capacity you've displayed thus far. Here's a hint, gay and retarded isn't really a homosexual joke on these forums.  It's an inside joke/phrase/etc that is just another way of saying you're exceptionally stupid.

Please try to avoid strawman fallacies.  I never challenged you to solo it.  By all means, put together a group for your R10 runs.  Just play your bard as an evo nuker instead of how you normally run it.  Bards have multiple evo spells.  Hell, if Tilo can manage to soundburst his way to LN greatness, surely you can manage something in high skull runs?

See how it works to be carried through the entire mission because you'll be mostly worthless due to doing shit for damage because you're not min/max'd spec'd for Evo and because you run out of spell points halfway to the next shrine.  Then think about how stupid your suggestion to play an evo build as a non-evo nuker in high skull content is on from both the fun and functional perspectives.
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2018 at 10:15pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #85 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
Digi/Tilo's next genius suggestion will be to put melee on the same level as instakillers, that they should have infinite hp.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #86 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Nov 21st, 2018 at 10:01pm:
Congrats, you completely missed the point and more importantly, the subtleties of that joke, which isn't really surprising considering the intellectual capacity you've displayed thus far.

Here's a hint, gay and retarded isn't really a homosexual joke on these forums.  It's an inside joke/phrase/etc.

Holy fuck me jesus did you just say that there was subtleties to calling me gay? I can't even, that's beyond fuckin stupid, I just can't.

Scratch that, can't decide if you just love the smell of your own shit that your head is that far up your ass or if you're just that fuckin stupid.
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2018 at 10:11pm by »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #87 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Holy fuck me jesus did you just say that there was subtleties to calling me gay? I can't even, that's beyond fuckin stupid, I just can't.

Scratch that, can't decide if you just love the smell of your own shit that your head is that far up your ass or if you're just that fuckin stupid.

Still missing the subtleties.  Here, I'll keep it simple so you can understand.

The phrase "gay and retarded" is Vault speak for "you're an idiot".  It has nothing to do with your sexual preferences.  Context is important. 

Just in case that is still too complicated for you to grasp, here's some pictures.

and = you
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2018 at 10:36pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #88 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
Except you used the homosexual gay in reference to your i guess we can call it a dick, so your subtlety is gay and retarded in the foolish and stupid sense. Use words better I guess? I dunno, what can I expect your heads up your ass I'm surprised you could google let alone post pictures.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #89 - Nov 22nd, 2018 at 2:18am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Nov 21st, 2018 at 9:54pm:
I'm surprised, I didn't think you were retarded enough to miss the forest for the trees.  Gramh, sure, but you generally seem intelligent.

While I'm pretty sure it's not news to you, instakillers have AoEs, too.  That moves it back to instakiller - 1/2 spells, Evo nuker -12.

If you really want to get that pedantic about it, what happens when there are only 1 or 2 mobs at a time?

Do I need to explain how cooldowns work or are you going to be continually dense?

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #90 - Nov 22nd, 2018 at 7:52am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Nov 21st, 2018 at 8:50pm:
REALITY

In LN

In LE

In R1

In R5

In R10

This is still a problem. To get the numbers where they need to be for R10 they will be brokenly powerful in easier content. Now I don't know if the changes get them where they need to be but if they do then the forums will be flooded with complaints at how OP Sorcs are in R1 heroics.

The solution isn't as easy as increasing the damage across the board (as much as I will love doing some fast and easy racial lives) but to take a look at scaling in Legendary Reaper content.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #91 - Nov 22nd, 2018 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Nov 21st, 2018 at 10:32pm:
The phrase "gay and retarded" is Vault speak for "you're an idiot".  It has nothing to do with your sexual preferences.  Context is important. 

Yeah, whichever denotation you'd like to use, the word still carries its connotations. Try it with "negro"; see how that strikes you.

Interestingly, "sinister" has pretty successfully traveled the arc you want Vault usage of "gay" to travel. It's escaped its old denotation of "left-handed", and even mostly left behind any connotation of left-handedness. So it's not impossible. I don't think we have the kind of time we need for this to happen with "gay", though. Maybe if you research some archaic pejoratives for homosexuality, you might find one that no longer brings its sad history with it.

That could start getting used as a dog-whistle insult, I guess. But for a little while, probably not? As you say, context is important.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #92 - Nov 23rd, 2018 at 12:08am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Nov 22nd, 2018 at 2:18am:
Do I need to explain how cooldowns work or are you going to be continually dense?

No, but apparently you need someone to explain to you how instakilling works just as well in LN as it does in R10 assuming you have the DCs for it but that evo nuking does not.  Your point about AoE damage is valid, it's not relevant to the point I was making.  Instakilling was just used to highlight the difference in spell point burn rates. 

I'll try a simple simpler explanation since you seem to be simple.  Take instakillers out of the picture and consider Evo nukers on their own.

How many spell points would an evo nuker have to burn to kill 50 mobs in LN?  Now how many to kill the same mobs in LE?  And in R1?  And in R10?

Notice how the numbers change as the difficulty changes for the evo nuker?

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #93 - Nov 23rd, 2018 at 12:12am
Print Post  
Quote:
Except you used the homosexual gay in reference to your i guess we can call it a dick, so your subtlety is gay and retarded in the foolish and stupid sense. Use words better I guess? I dunno, what can I expect your heads up your ass I'm surprised you could google let alone post pictures.

Like I said, you confirmed it and continue to do so.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #94 - Nov 23rd, 2018 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Justanotherlurker wrote on Nov 22nd, 2018 at 7:52am:
This is still a problem. To get the numbers where they need to be for R10 they will be brokenly powerful in easier content. Now I don't know if the changes get them where they need to be but if they do then the forums will be flooded with complaints at how OP Sorcs are in R1 heroics.

The solution isn't as easy as increasing the damage across the board (as much as I will love doing some fast and easy racial lives) but to take a look at scaling in Legendary Reaper content.

Why not just increase the drop rate of the SP soul things? Seems simplest. Increase with skulls?

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #95 - Nov 23rd, 2018 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Nov 23rd, 2018 at 12:12am:
Like I said, you confirmed it and continue to do so.

Keep living in that fantasy digi/tilo <3

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #96 - Nov 23rd, 2018 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Nov 23rd, 2018 at 12:08am:
No, but apparently you need someone to explain to you how instakilling works just as well in LN as it does in R10 assuming you have the DCs for it but that evo nuking does not.  Your point about AoE damage is valid, it's not relevant to the point I was making.  Instakilling was just used to highlight the difference in spell point burn rates. 

I'll try a simple simpler explanation since you seem to be simple.  Take instakillers out of the picture and consider Evo nukers on their own.

How many spell points would an evo nuker have to burn to kill 50 mobs in LN?  Now how many to kill the same mobs in LE?  And in R1?  And in R10?

Notice how the numbers change as the difficulty changes for the evo nuker?

So what you're saying is that nukers have to adjust their tactics as skulls go up? fuck me that almost sounds like they are ramping up difficulty with each skull >.>

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #97 - Nov 23rd, 2018 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Nov 22nd, 2018 at 5:19pm:
Yeah, whichever denotation you'd like to use, the word still carries its connotations. Try it with "negro"; see how that strikes you.

To be fair, I'd totally accept "God, you're SUCH a straight white male" as an insult...though that might be hitting further below the belt than "gay and retarded".

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #98 - Nov 23rd, 2018 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Nov 23rd, 2018 at 5:56pm:
.though that might be hitting further below the belt than "gay and retarded".

What a pumpkin-spice-sipping white girl thing to say.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #99 - Nov 23rd, 2018 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 20th, 2018 at 4:09pm:
For AoE fire + acid is superior to the others. Meteor Swarm becomes the best aoe spell in the game after the update. It's like 30k crits. Uncapped fireball is 10k, DBFB is 8k, energy burst 30k, dragon breath 30k, acid well 20k, uncapped acid blast 7k, sphere/cone 8k, uncapped lightning bolt up to 15k. On lower difficulties this is going to be dumb op. During lam, I could clear the 500k red named in around 40 seconds or less with an all AOE rotation on a sorc.

For single target ice and electric are godly. I can cycle through 30k thunderstrike, 30k iceberg, 20k polar ray. Managed to get 22 seconds on a sorc without using thunderstrike since it had bugged shared cooldown with iceberg.

What about Evo DC? Is it even possible to get it high enough in Reaper content so the mobs arent saving all the time?

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint