Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic End game clerics (Read 2251 times)
Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

End game clerics
Nov 13th, 2018 at 8:05am
Print Post  
What’s the best cleric build out there now? I mean like solo-capable in mid-high reaper.

Is the maul thing still decent? I want to play some again but only have time for one toon (if that). Main is finishing a warlock life to get completionist back.

What about monks? There was some buff and then nerf. Where are they now? (Those are my two fav
Classes)

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Re: End game clerics
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Monks still seem fine in upper epics.  They got neutered with a coat hanger and no anesthesia in heroics by the +W nerfs though.   

A 2W loss was pretty big when you're only looking at handwraps having a total of +2 to +4 W at 20.  I think it was something along the lines of a ~40% damage reduction in Heroics. 

At end game, the nerf didn't change a lot due to all the other sources of +W in epics and the higher base W rating on end-game weapons.  Heard it the overall impact to DPS at endgame was around 10%.

I'm sure SSG had zero clues of the impact this nerf would have in heroics since they don't understand their own game and don't think things through from end to end.  Thus, they wrecked monks in heroics just to tweak something a little bit at end game.

Better off to run a tempest ranger these days.  Tempest get comparable defenses to monks, higher DPS, Dance of Death, buffs, heals and a wider and better selection of weapons and weapon effects.  Just wear cosmetic pajamas and the smallest daggers/shortswords you can find and pretend your a monk while you kill everything.
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2018 at 1:05pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Nov 13th, 2018 at 12:59pm:
with a coat hanger and no anesthesia

jesus, digi...

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #3 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
So, is there any cleric build that approaches like 85% as cool as a normal melee. Is that even a thing?

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Do you wanna play dc or melee cleric?
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2018 at 5:38pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #5 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 13th, 2018 at 1:16pm:
jesus, digi...

Yeah, I know.  I'm a bit salty about SSG's recent round of nerfs based on blatantly false data and perceptions. 

Their ignorance of anything outside of casual level builds and playstyles at different levels of the game is really causing them to fuck up the best thing about their game, the variety of and balance of builds that were fun and could contribute well.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #6 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Nov 13th, 2018 at 5:38pm:
Do you wanna play dc or melee cleric?
melee

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #7 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Probably best bet on melee cleric is Falcon Tree + Radiant Servant + War domain. Then use a LR+1 on a PDK and use Silvanus with mauls. If you can't go iconic then some kind of Falchion/Greataxe/SoS user with IMP CRIT slashing. Go wisdom based. I think similar to what Axel is running. You're not gonna be tier1 dps but you'll be tier 2 and you can heal others.

Mass Frog is surprisingly effective vs scarecrows and undead with almost no DC, so definitely pick that up.

Idk if any others have an opinion atm.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Nov 14th, 2018 at 6:15pm:
Probably best bet on melee cleric is Falcon Tree + Radiant Servant + War domain. Then use a LR+1 on a PDK and use Silvanus with mauls. If you can't go iconic then some kind of Falchion/Greataxe/SoS user with IMP CRIT slashing. Go wisdom based. I think similar to what Axel is running. You're not gonna be tier1 dps but you'll be tier 2 and you can heal others.

Mass Frog is surprisingly effective vs scarecrows and undead with almost no DC, so definitely pick that up.

Idk if any others have an opinion atm.

866 wolf ;p

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Sureokwhatever
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 3:07am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Nov 13th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yeah, I know.  I'm a bit salty about SSG's recent round of nerfs based on blatantly false data and perceptions. 

Their ignorance of anything outside of casual level builds and playstyles at different levels of the game is really causing them to fuck up the best thing about their game, the variety of and balance of builds that were fun and could contribute well.

SSG is dumb as fuck to want to balance anything other than the most obvious of shit. Why on earth fucking piss off your player base every fucking update, over and over and over and over, because of some random little shit when their own reaper system can vary the effectiveness of 2 characters that are absolutely the same except reaper points by a factor of about million.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #10 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
I've never seen good melee cleric in all the years I have been playing. Ok there was Budstein and Sith's fvs in the old ass days.

I don't know why the whole "battlecleric" concept is so "popular". Every single time it's just totally useless toon that can't kill or hjeal anything at all.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Sureokwhatever wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 3:07am:
SSG is dumb as fuck.

Fixed that for you by ending it at the natural stopping point.

I haven't seen a good melee cleric build, but there's a guy who does some ddo vids on utube that plays one.  I think he's 15 cleric 5 fighter and does 2hf and t5 radiant for the aura.  Axle is his name, you can prolly find his posts in the cleric forums.  I doubt it does anything in reaper above 3-4 well, but if you care enough to ask here you might care enough to go take a look at it there.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #12 - Nov 18th, 2018 at 4:00am
Print Post  
Epic NORMAL solo videos on YT (wtf) and some newbie questions in those threads ? Doesn't look very convincing to be honest.

IP Logged

imanoob
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Nov 20th, 2018 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Best end-game cleric is DC based, turning everything into skulls, thin air and everyone's favourite insta-kill spell, Frog!

If you're soloing, you have to ask yourself, why are you a cleric at cap!?!
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2018 at 1:52pm by imanoob »  

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #14 - Nov 20th, 2018 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
imanoob wrote on Nov 20th, 2018 at 1:51pm:
Best end-game cleric is DC based, turning everything into skulls, thin air and everyone's favourite insta-kill spell, Frog!

If you're soloing, you have to ask yourself, why are you a cleric at cap!?!

Side note, I've always liked the destruction animation and sound better than finger.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint