Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) You stupid F-ing Idiots (Read 7574 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: You stupid F-ing Idiots
Reply #25 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Darcat wrote on Nov 26th, 2018 at 10:43am:
I'm a stupid fucking twat  Cheesy

Oh! what's up, bro? Was worried about you, glad you're alright. Still making that ddo money? I heard you were the sugar daddy of cannith.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #26 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 26th, 2018 at 11:55am:
Oh! what's up, bro? Was worried about you, glad you're alright. Still making that ddo money? I heard you were the sugar daddy of cannith.

He absolutely works the auction house like a heroin-addicted Thai hooker.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #27 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Darcat wrote on Nov 26th, 2018 at 10:43am:
I'm a stupid fucking twat  Cheesy

I think you meant 'I'm fucking a stupid twat'.

Oh.. nevermind

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Darcat
DQ Assaulter

BEEFCAKE!!

Reply #28 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 4:59am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 26th, 2018 at 11:55am:

HAHA- yes. Actually I give most of what I earn in sales away to others... was handin out 500kp at a time other night... I dont horde plat like tribe zergers.

And more on that Me and oh ya got it - me and Welveriness... 12 yrs ago  both sold to tribe zerg and pushed them to the top with our wares. They bought alll our shit we sold so fucking fast.

Made us rich but yeh I'm sugar daddy w/e that means.

I take care of whomever I find worthy
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2018 at 5:10am by Darcat »  

IP Logged

Darcat
DQ Assaulter

BEEFCAKE!!

Reply #29 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 5:05am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Nov 26th, 2018 at 1:59pm:
He absolutely works the auction house like a heroin-addicted Thai hooker. 

On reply to this - umm.. I go between habor and market using trade channel to sell - ya kno /trade ... which hardly anyone uses... but I do... and make some sales... I enjoy it - it's fun -- and rly tbh people kno i sell stuff usually only found on shard exchange i bring it to plat form or trade.

YES! You are correct! I am a total slut whore

I think to get back to this convo I need to say SSG shud hire me for sales dept.  Cool

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #30 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 5:57am
Print Post  
Darcat wrote on Nov 27th, 2018 at 5:05am:
I think to get back to this convo I need to say SSG shud hire me for sales dept.

Well...if the choice was between you, a dead squirrel on a stick or whoever's running their sale department now...I'd have to say they'd have absolutely nothing to lose by giving you a shot.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 9:33am
Print Post  
Darcat wrote on Nov 27th, 2018 at 4:59am:
I'm sugar daddy w/e that means.

It's the guy who takes care of his hoes.

Darcat wrote on Nov 27th, 2018 at 4:59am:
Actually I give most of what I earn in sales away to others... was handin out 500kp at a time other night...

So, you're like the Robin Hood of Cannith and its sugar daddy? Damn, dude. You keep busy.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #32 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Trades shards for plat and unbound stuff..

Seems legit.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Darcat
DQ Assaulter

BEEFCAKE!!

Reply #33 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 9:55am
Print Post  
i love how youre both so fucking serious about what yer sayin that you actually fucking believe yourselves haha

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #34 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 11:12am
Print Post  
The Vault is very serious.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #35 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Zehnpai wrote on Nov 22nd, 2018 at 2:28pm:
Imagine the following:

DDO implements a decent group finder.  They consolidate all the different item bonus types into like...4 so it's not such a clusterfuck for new players.  They fix the character creator so that you can use player created templates for your characters.  They make a few nice UI updates (unifying all the various character panels into one interface for example for a fucking start.)

They have a modest Korthos revamp that includes an NPC that walks you through how to do a TR since that's like 90% of the game.

Then they sell a new "DDO Battlechest" for 10 dollars that has all non-expansion content and classes, and the "DDO Ultimate Battlechest" for 20 dollars that also has all the expansion content as well.

Then they advertise the fuck out of it as Eberron Reborn.  Post on every gaming forum they can find.  Get a bunch of mid/low tier Twitch variety streamers (Witwix, Theoddone, Cirno, etc...) and do a charity stream with them for a week.  Do a "We are the developers behind Dungeons and Dragons Online!" AMA on Reddit gaming and DND.  Sell a DDO bundle on Roll20 that has a bunch of maps and stuff for some of the more popular DDO content.  Advertise themselves as basically PoE the MMO.

They switch their income model away from selling content and instead start selling cosmetics and QoL stuff.

Sell me new spell graphics.  Imagine if you could bling up your dimension door so yours looked like a portal from D2 (kinda), some kind of hell gate, a field of broccoli.

Sell me things like a perma airship portal, perma bigby's hand, perma heal scroll that consumes some platinum every time I use it just so I don't have to keep making that run to Jorasco every TR.

They could do so much more.  If Runescape can fucking make a come back like it did, so can DDO.

But they won't and I have to tell myself it's because WoTC would smack them down in a minute if they tried.  If DDO even showed a glimmer of hope of pulling people away from NWN WoTC would be all over that.

Because the alternative is that Sev is a chicken shit with no spine and wants to keep collecting an easy, albeit shitty, paycheck over making DDO something great.

SSG is certainly fucking up hard on the ddo store items. Cosmetics being a big one. Theres a fairly large portion of the community that loves cosmetics. Make items like white/black dragonscale helms that have the same model as the epic red helm. Make some really good cosmetic outfits/weapons and sell them for a high price (not like the current shit cosmetics they have now). Do what other f2p mmos do and sell cosmetic loot boxes. Put a super rare, incredibly good looking cosmetic for a chaser item. Maybe even put a wing cosmetic in there similar to reaper wings (different model/looks obv). Your unlimited ship portal is a very good idea too.

The battlechest is a very good idea. It will never happen but still a good idea. Ive said it many times that DDO's current f2p model is god awful and outdated. VIP is a necessity. The battleschest would lessen the terrible new player barrier of entry the current game has. SSG is too greedy tho, they still sell shit low level packs like catacombs and steam tunnels which should be f2p! I think the battlechest idea would be great for a classic server.

The vast majority of us still playing ddo are long term vets. I think ssg knows this. Revamping UI and korthos is a waste of time sadly. The current game is terrible for new players. Year after year of game systems piled on top of each other (epic levels, racial/epic/iconic past lives, epic destinies, sentient gems, reaper xp, universal enhancement trees). This also doesnt take into account the amount of game knowledge one has to have in order to compete with the vets. Most people would rather play something like Classic WoW where the only difference between players is gear. At this point ssg is just pumping out content for us vets to consume until it becomes unprofitable. At the very least they should spend some time on cosmetics and QoL stuff in the store. Seems like easy money to me.

« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2018 at 11:55am by Rose-tinted Goggles »  

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
I mean, I could buy a bunch of 4k tvs and sell them for a penny a piece and people would love my merchandise....

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I mean, I could buy a bunch of 4k tvs and sell them for a penny a piece and people would love my merchandise....

you're no darcat. My dude is a hustler homie

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #38 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 27th, 2018 at 5:03pm:
you're no darcat. My dude is a hustler homie

Hustling a currency that has been irrelevant since I started playing this game (2009). Back then people traded large devil scales, scrolls (sos, chaosblade, etc.), and FRDS. At a time Shards were somewhat useful. Then turbine/ssg decided to devalue shards with making everything BtA. Probably a good thing tho since shards were duped.

EDIT: Remember when people were trading 1, even 2 ottos boxes for the very short lived EE Dream Visors? I also forgot the original raid timer bypasses became the go to currency for awhile.
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2018 at 7:55pm by Rose-tinted Goggles »  

DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Nov 27th, 2018 at 6:30pm:
Hustling a currency that has been irrelevant since I started playing this game

But he gets tit pics for plat. If that's not something outta nothing, then idk what is.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #40 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 27th, 2018 at 8:59pm:
But he gets tit pics for plat. If that's not something outta nothing, then idk what is.

Damn, that really is a hustle.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #41 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 1:31am
Print Post  
Skoodge, I dropped VIP recently, bought most packs on previous sale when everything was 25% off. I was thinking about to buy some ddo points and get rest plus couple of character slots on Black friday, but when I've seen this... LoL, nope, I'll just get shit for free slowly :-D thats exactly is what you mean Smiley

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Dec 3rd, 2018 at 1:03am
Print Post  
Quote:
You'd be right if they were drawing in tons of new players. Game's old, most people who are gonna play at this point have most of the content they want.

No, he is just right period.  If you were right, which you aren't, then there would be absolutely zero harm in them doing as skoodge suggests and putting more content on sale.  If all the vets own all the content then they'll get no sales of that content and will have lost nothing for putting it on sale.  But the game isn't dead, and there are new players.  And hell, old players who want to trick out a dual box opener account, or whatever.  I'd have liked to have seen character bank and backpack space on sale, because I play several characters and some of them have very little space to work with.  I can work with it until I see a sale.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint