Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) DDO Season Pass (Read 19142 times)
Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Re: DDO Season Pass
Reply #100 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 17th, 2018 at 3:01pm:
sounds like you need a cocaine habit

Grin

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #101 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Dec 17th, 2018 at 4:36pm:
You should get laid, and get some money.

Big fan of both of these.
I will add that before racial incarnation was a thing, everytime I used a stone, the lives felt empty and unworthy.   

I do feel better using a box after doing 3 racial lives so I can get into epics faster for a time.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #102 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Dec 17th, 2018 at 6:27pm:
You’re the best for buying a Season’s Pass.

Thanks!

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #103 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 4:12am
Print Post  
Let me correct a few sentences in that motherboard statement...

Introducing the DDO Season Pass! It combines the convenience of VIP access with the joy of ownership. During the two-year season, you get VIP access, permanent ownership of new VIP access content, and more benefits!

Only (no actual limit, just making shit up about it being) 1,000 Season Passes will be available, beginning
December 7th at 12:00 PM Eastern through December 16th at 11:59 PM Eastern. After which, we will say: sold out, even tho most likely nobody's gonna buy it
When they're gone, they're gone, so don't miss out if you want to be a Season Pass holder! (No....we don't suck at advertising or marketing *sad face* Sad)

Here's what you'll get with the DDO 2020 Season Pass:

2 Years of DDO VIP Access

Enjoy all the perks of being a DDO VIP, like 500 DDO Points per month, bonus XP, and more, to be fair, there is no more meaningful to mention  Sad

VIP benefits kick in immediately upon redeeming your Season Pass code on your account. (Limit one Season Pass per account), unless Xsolla or SSG fucks something up, after which you can spend the next days calling support on phone to be treated like a moron, and wasting your time, until you get a confirmation email, that they are working on it, and it may take a few weeks...

Yours To Keep

Season Pass grants permanent ownership of VIP features that are released during the two year Season from 2019 through 2020, whatever that from-through means, hehe! That means every time a VIP gets their automatic free access to the newly released Store content*, Season Pass holders get to keep it! Enjoy accessing features such as new adventure packs, new races, new classes, and when your Season Pass expires, you'll still retain ownership of those features on your account!

*Excludes any non-VIP inclusive features, such as Expansions.

You've got the DM's Favor

Season Pass holders get DAILY free rolls of Gold dice, in addition to the standard daily silver rolls! Get fabulous rewards when you roll on Gold Daily Dice, like Sentient XP gems, Tomes, increased XP rewards, rare Cosmetics, and more! Bugs included and malfunctioning rolls!

The DM's favor lasts for the full 2 year season, and ends Dec 31st, 2020. So if you read carefully, it is not full 2 year season.

Celebrate With New Armor, that is not really that new...

Season Pass holders get a limited release Cosmetic Outfit for all their characters:
Silver Dragon Armor

That's one for every character you have now, and every future character you make too! (Each armor is Bound to Account), see we are not complete douchebags...BtA armor for each toon!

A Heroic Otto's Box

Your season pass also bestows one Heroic Otto's box for your account, a 4995 DDO Points value, which includes:
• 1 Stone of Heroic Experience (2 million XP)
• 5 Superior Experience Elixirs
• 5 Major Slayer Count Boosts
• 5 Huge Jewels of Fortune
• 5 Siberys Spirit Cakes
• 3 Greater Siberys Spirit Cakes
• 1 Complete Reincarnation Timer Reset
• Your choice of either a Cyan Gelatinous Cube Creature Companion or 65 Astral Shards

Note: Your Otto's box is delivered to the character that you redeem your Season Pass code on.

Don't wait, become a Season Pass holder today!

How to get the DDO 2020 Season Pass:

The DDO 2020 Season Pass is available for a limited time
in the DDO Market for $299.
Only 1,000 Season Passes will be sold, so don't miss out!

To begin your Season Pass:

1. Receive your Season Pass code from the DDO Market

2. Open the DDO Store and select "Redeem Code" from the top menu

3. Enter your code and select "Apply"

Upon redemption of your Season Pass code, you will immediately receive your Gold Dice roll benefit and Season Pass holder bonus items for your characters. Your 24 months of VIP time also begins upon redemption of the code.

*Terms & Conditions apply. DDO Points from VIP access are distributed monthly based on the day of the month that your Season Pass code was redeemed. For existing VIP subscribers applying a Season Pass, your 24 months of VIP time will be added to any remaining VIP time you had from your existing VIP plan, and your existing plan will not rebill until after your Season Pass time has run out. Expansions are not included with VIP or Season Pass access. The DM's Favor benefit for free daily Gold dice rolls takes effect when you redeem your Season Pass code, and the DM's Favor ends on Dec 31st, 2020. All VIP access features released in the DDO Store in 2019 and 2020 will be granted permanently to DDO 2020 Season Pass holders' accounts automatically. DDO 2020 Season Pass does not include permanent ownership of any VIP access features that were already released in the game prior to Dec 31st, 2018. Limit 1 Heroic Otto's Box per account with the Season Pass. Only one Season Pass can be redeemed on a game account. The redemption code for Season Pass expires December 31st, 2020 at 11:59pm Eastern.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #104 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 17th, 2018 at 6:19pm:
It's $300 for Two years of ViP and an Otto's Box.  Which is $250 at retail prices.

So it's $50 for the armor, the gold rolls and owning the content.   If you maximize the gold rolls, then you can get hearts of wood, +8 tomes, skill tomes, and other stuff that easily adds up to $50 in DDO Points.   Plus all the XP stones.   

If you are going to actually log in and do the rolling, the math works fine, imo.   You may disagree and that's cool.  It might not be the deal you are looking for, and that's fine.   It worked for me and $300 is not a big deal.   

I get that a big part of the fun of internet forums is shitting on other people's life choices, though, so carry on. 

Buyers remorse already?  Seriously though, anyone who bought a pass basically agreed to a 2 year commitment for at value content, no discount.  This is just bad everyone who plays ddo, I admit to being part of the problem because I bought the RL expansion with the fucking mist bottle, which I love, but that was a shit package, and it makes me mad that I had to eat all those cosmetics and pets.   We basically proved that SSG can make money selling shit sandwiches, the pass is even worse value than the RL expansion packages.  Unless you are premium  and plan on only staying VIP for the 2 years, then there is value.   They couldn't even come up with a new cosmetic.  The XP stones will be handy for getting to level 2 but that is pretty much it.  I am not trying to shit on your parade, it was shit before I walked up.  Personally, while RL was quite awesome, and some of the other stuff isn't bad, so far SSG's business model and overall direction doesn't look all that great to me.   The changes to the anniversary cakes were a big tell for me.... 
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2018 at 12:20pm by Tspoon »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #105 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Dec 18th, 2018 at 12:19pm:
Buyers remorse already?  

Nope.  I'm good.  No buyers remorse.   You should be more salty about that $150 kitchen knife though.   Talk about overpaying and getting fleeced...   Wink

I like that with RL they were doing cosmetics and QoL stuff as well as power/systems stuff in the bundles.  I think they should sell more of that stuff.  There is a market for it, clearly, and it adds revenue to the game without selling power, which is a tricky balancing act to pull off and can have diminishing returns.   

The problem was the organization of the bundles in RL   Both Tier 2 and Tier 3 had a mix of cosmetics and power stuff.   

They needed:

Tier 1:  Content only.   

Tier 2(option 1):  Cosmetics + QoL + Pets + Content.

Tier 2(option 2):  Racial AP Tome + Iconic + power stuff + Content.

Tier 3:  Cosmetics + QoL + AP Tome + Iconic + Power STuff + Content + Extra DDO Points for spending top tier.

By mixing and matching the power stuff and the content into the bundles together like they did, the result was that the cosmetics/QoL fans had to get power stuff they don't care about and the power gamers had to get cosmetics they don't care about.    Both felt like they were overspending because part of the package was unappealing. 

Do it as above where Tier 3 is just the combination of the two tier 2 options and a generic kicker like DDO Points and you can allow the Cosmetics only people to get what they want, the power gamers to get what they want and the intersection of the two (people who like both Cosmetics and power) to buy the tier 3 and get what they want.   Should be something for everyone.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #106 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 18th, 2018 at 1:14pm:
Nope.  I'm good.  No buyers remorse.   You should be more salty about that $150 kitchen knife though.   Talk about overpaying and getting fleeced...   Wink

No way,  Miyabi 8 inch chefs SG2 steel, rockwell hardness 63.. pure butter.  but I completely agree with your comments about the RL bundles.  I honestly don't get SSG's marketing decisions...

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #107 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Dec 18th, 2018 at 1:30pm:
No way,  Miyabi 8 inch chefs SG2 steel, rockwell hardness 63.. pure butter.  but I completely agree with your comments about the RL bundles.  I honestly don't get SSG's marketing decisions...

https://www.cutleryandmore.com/miyabi-mizu/chefs-knife-p133133?gclid=CjwKCAiA0uL...

This one?   That's A knife, even by Crocodile Dundee standards.   And I like the styling on that.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #108 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 18th, 2018 at 2:14pm:
https://www.cutleryandmore.com/miyabi-mizu/chefs-knife-p133133?gclid=CjwKCAiA0uL...

This one?   That's A knife, even by Crocodile Dundee standards.   And I like the styling on that. 

No, this one.  Different handle, the Mizu was out of stock at the store I went to: https://www.cutleryandmore.com/miyabi-artisan-sg2/chefs-knife-p135188
I have an 8" Miaybi Kiazen that has the more traditional Japanese handle like the Mizu.  I actually think I like that handle better, but the artisan handle is nice as well.  I am just beginning to work on my water stone sharpening so I got the Artisan, not only for the SG2 steel, but also as a benchmark for my how well I have sharpened my other knives.  I'm starting with a king 1000/6000 water stone, a 8000 nagura stone and a leather strop, which I think I will use a diamond polishing compound...

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #109 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Dec 18th, 2018 at 1:30pm:
Miyabi 8 inch chefs SG2 steel

Ash, this is no ordinary knife.

Hardness maintains its edge longer but makes for a brittle structure. Just make sure to not drop it or the tip can break. This is where this knife sets itself apart from the rest due to how thin it is but how hard the material and process used to make it.

Flat shape that most French and Japanese knives have is better suited for forward slicing. I prefer the German Wusthof and its rounded shape for rocking cutting motions. The Wusthof is thicker and better for cutting through rougher meats and bones, but the thinness of the Japanese knife makes for a better cut on everything else. No exceptions.

The Miyabi is the exotic car of knives. It is aesthetically beautiful with enormous attention to detail. The mosaic piece on the all wood handle is made of 20 individual metal pins inserted into the handle. Both sides of the blade are wrapped in 50 layers of steel to make for a Damascus steel look. All hand made, with incredible material and a thickness of around 12 to 9 degrees at the edge making it one of the thinnest knives on the market.

Single bevel? Would make it a pain to sharpen but makes for the best cuts. Is a hidden tang handle aiding in balance on the blade. all that adds up to a superior cutting knife. With no bolster on the handle's edge making for a better grip on the blade when doing fine slicing.

They use an ice hardening process to get that level of hardness on the SG2 powdered steel.

Great knife. Thanks for putting me on to it.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Knife?
Reply #110 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Dec 18th, 2018 at 2:23pm:
No, this one.  Different handle, the Mizu was out of stock at the store I went to: https://www.cutleryandmore.com/miyabi-artisan-sg2/chefs-knife-p135188
I have an 8" Miaybi Kiazen that has the more traditional Japanese handle like the Mizu.  I actually think I like that handle better, but the artisan handle is nice as well.  I am just beginning to work on my water stone sharpening so I got the Artisan, not only for the SG2 steel, but also as a benchmark for my how well I have sharpened my other knives.  I'm starting with a king 1000/6000 water stone, a 8000 nagura stone and a leather strop, which I think I will use a diamond polishing compound...

Now THIS is a knife.

Behold, the Outback Eclipse Bowie Knife from www.downunderknives.com (website seems to be down at the moment).

16" overall length
11" blade
6mm thickness
28.2 Ounces
Made of 1095 Carbon Steel

MSRP: $289.00*

*I paid slightly less than $200 for mine.

This knife is, perhaps, the most comfortable-to-use large knife I own. When I go backpacking in the mountains nearby, it is always strapped to my side.

Edited:
Corrected the steel composition. For some reason, I was looking at the wrong specs. 1095 Carbon Steel is better than 440C Stainless anyway. 1095 Carbon isn't nearly as brittle.
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2018 at 4:26pm by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #111 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Dec 18th, 2018 at 2:49pm:
Outback Eclipse Bowie Knife

DAMN!  What do you go after with that beast, grizzly?  Cheesy

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #112 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Dec 18th, 2018 at 2:55pm:
DAMN!  What do you go after with that beast, grizzly?  Cheesy

People.

I have bear spray for grizzlies.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #113 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 18th, 2018 at 2:40pm:
They use an ice hardening process to get that level of hardness on the SG2 powdered steel.

Great knife. Thanks for putting me on to it.

I've had my Kaizen for a couple years now and it's still plenty sharp with lots of use and no sharpening.  Of course the new one is crazy.  I was worried about chipping as well, but so far it hasn't been a problem, but I definitely use other knives for tough stuff.  I used to be a Wustoff/Zwillig fanatic,and Sabatier nice too, especially Deglon, but after Miyabi (which is owned by Zwillig) there is no going back.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #114 - Dec 19th, 2018 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Dec 18th, 2018 at 2:49pm:
Now THIS is a knife.

I agree with that Knife.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #115 - Dec 19th, 2018 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Dec 19th, 2018 at 1:35pm:
I agree with that Knife.

That's not a knife, it's fucking short sword.... 11 inch blade fucking A.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #116 - Dec 19th, 2018 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Dec 17th, 2018 at 6:29pm:
Thx for suck their dicks, i mean support the game.

Newsfeed?

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #117 - Dec 19th, 2018 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Dec 19th, 2018 at 1:35pm:
I agree with that Knife.

I agree with anyone pointing that knife at me.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #118 - Dec 20th, 2018 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Dec 18th, 2018 at 12:19pm:
but that was a shit package, and it makes me mad that I had to eat all those cosmetics and pets.

Still a better deal than the Donner season pass....

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

imanoob
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #119 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 4:13am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Dec 20th, 2018 at 10:50pm:

That's coming soon - players eating each other to keep the servers running.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #120 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
imanoob wrote on Dec 21st, 2018 at 4:13am:
That's coming soon - players eating each other to keep the servers running.

Probably not soon enough, nutritionwise. Scuttlebut in Smuggler's Cove says the players have already got scurvy.

Also, as thematic as it would be to fuck up the timing on the Donner's Pass, it would make no sense unless they release it in the Winter.

So expect that deal in the Summer.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Magneto
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #121 - Jan 5th, 2019 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Happy Gambler

I rolled  another 100 today aaaand:

Standard): You obtain 15000 Experience Points, 100 Astral Shards, and a Festivult Winter Cloak.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #122 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Magneto wrote on Jan 5th, 2019 at 4:40pm:
Festivult Winter Cloak.

Pic?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Magneto
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #123 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 4:02pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #124 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 9:48am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Dec 20th, 2018 at 10:50pm:

Hory carp.

Tspoon has been revaulted.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint