Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) DDO Season Pass (Read 19084 times)
Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: DDO Season Pass
Reply #50 - Dec 7th, 2018 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 7th, 2018 at 5:27pm:
I was thinking about going VIP anyway...

I can't believe the number of people that are gonna shell out $300 for fucking daily gold rolls... There's a sucker born every minute, and then there are people who play DDO....

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Dec 7th, 2018 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Dec 7th, 2018 at 3:05pm:
I can hardly wait for another shit cosmetic for the anniversary gift to clog my inventories.

A Cosmetic tab/page similar to the Pet tab should have been executed in 3 to 5 years ago. There's no excuse for having Cosmetics clog the inventory, especially if they expect players to buy or invest time grinding them.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 12:56am
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:49pm:
Yep, there might not even be DDO in a year even.. Seems like they are doing OK so probably not.  But old games just get older.  The next expansion will be telling, if it's RL or better then things are probably shiney....

The RL quests are good, and there are a good number of them plus 2 raids.  But RL also brought a lot of power creep.  The item stats are pretty much CC, but 4 effects and a set bonus pushed them into 'must wear.'  If sharn does the same it'll just invalidate RL items.  If it doesn't do the same then people will just wear RL items and ignore sharn and possibly not even buy it.

The only middle ground would be a different heroic level and a non-cap epic level.  They could easily do the different heroic level and should.  But the epic level pretty much has to be cap to sell the expansion, so they are stuck with power creep making RL 29th gear junk or a sideways option.  Neither of which is a really good option.

I guess they could do the wpm model and spread the epic levels out a bit.  That would be a decent option, but I think the expansion will need a good bit of capped content to be a sales draw.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #53 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 4:12am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 12:56am:
The RL quests are good, and there are a good number of them plus 2 raids.  But RL also brought a lot of power creep.  The item stats are pretty much CC, but 4 effects and a set bonus pushed them into 'must wear.'  If sharn does the same it'll just invalidate RL items.  If it doesn't do the same then people will just wear RL items and ignore sharn and possibly not even buy it.

The only middle ground would be a different heroic level and a non-cap epic level.  They could easily do the different heroic level and should.  But the epic level pretty much has to be cap to sell the expansion, so they are stuck with power creep making RL 29th gear junk or a sideways option.  Neither of which is a really good option.

I guess they could do the wpm model and spread the epic levels out a bit.  That would be a decent option, but I think the expansion will need a good bit of capped content to be a sales draw.

Or. And hear me out here. They could make new sets that are vertical progression not horizontal. As asinine as the devs can seem at points; I feel like this is one of the few things Lynnabel understands and has made comment on.

They are almost certainly going to have to add new sets. I'd almost even bet that we're going to see the new Thread items work as a method of potentially allowing you to set bonus items to make the endgame set deal a lot more flexible. That being said; if that is to occur, I expect they might tune down the power of sets from RL (avenger) or at the very least they'll avoid making an absolute no contest best in slot set again.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #54 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Lynn said she'd link up some of the Killing Time items at the end of the lammania cycle for that raid; however, it looked like she didn't have time to do so, or delayed linking any up for a latter date.

Hopefully Sharn's primary power creep is a set-crafting system so that we can get flexibility with a slave-lords or ravenloft style set-bonus system.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 10:35am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 10:20am:
Lynn said she'd link up some of the Killing Time items at the end of the lammania cycle for that raid; however, it looked like she didn't have time to do so, or delayed linking any up for a latter date.

Hopefully Sharn's primary power creep is a set-crafting system so that we can get flexibility with a slave-lords or ravenloft style set-bonus system.

I expect Sharn to obsolete large swaths of gear. How are they going to sell loot if the old expansion is better? Avenger, Adherent, and Slavelord sets are all too good to pass up unless the new items are beating their power. Also, expect a silent set nerf if they plan on making any melee gear that isnt for heavy or medium builds. Especially now that RL is old and new loot must be sold in the expansion.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #56 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Dec 7th, 2018 at 9:29pm:
I can't believe the number of people that are gonna shell out $300 for fucking daily gold rolls... There's a sucker born every minute, and then there are people who play DDO....

Is that a lot of money to you?

For the record, I am still undecided.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #57 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 10:35am:
if they plan on making any melee gear that isnt for heavy or medium builds. Especially now that RL is old and new loot must be sold in the expansion.

This right here is what they need to fix. 

I'd love to roll some medium and heavy armor DPS melee builds but the set bonuses and stats are them are all for tanking and defense, no offense. 

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 12:39pm:
This right here is what they need to fix. 

I'd love to roll some medium and heavy armor DPS melee builds but the set bonuses and stats are them are all for tanking and defense, no offense. 

And while we are at it! Fix glancing blows on two handers to either scale with crits and doublestrike, or since that might be too much single target dps, allow glances to scale with helpless damage. Either way it needs something because even 80% of your base damage is shit when it never crits or scales on helpless mobs.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #59 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Your mom's a decent sucker and she's way less than $300.

Tspoon wrote on Dec 7th, 2018 at 9:29pm:

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #60 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 10:20am:

It will be this, except without flexibility or backwards compatibility. Possibly without "set". But definitely a new crafting system. Also, new mats. Always.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #61 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
I think that the DDO season pass is a sign of the declining morals of american society. There was a time when taking a fist in the ass was a taboo subject. Now it is something people line up for and brag about on a public forum.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #62 - Dec 9th, 2018 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 8:43pm:
I think that the DDO season pass is a sign of the declining morals of american society. There was a time when taking a fist in the ass was a taboo subject. Now it is something people line up for and brag about on a public forum.

I am sure it can be fixed with religion.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Dec 9th, 2018 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 11:11am:

No, I just spent $150 for a kitchen knife I don't really need.  I just think for a $300 up front payment there needs to be more value.

Gunga wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 5:29pm:
Your mom's a decent sucker and she's way less than $300.

She can charge whatever she wants as long as she brings me my money.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #64 - Dec 9th, 2018 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 11:11am:

Its not a question of how much money someone has. The fact is, spending $300 USD on the "Seasons Pass" is a very poor financial decision. You're basically throwing away $100 USD.

I get wanting to support the game you love. However, buying the "Season Pass" is just retarded.

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Dec 9th, 2018 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Dec 9th, 2018 at 5:41pm:
Its not a question of how much money someone has. The fact is, spending $300 USD on the "Seasons Pass" is a very poor financial decision. You're basically throwing away $100 USD.

I get wanting to support the game you love. However, buying the "Season Pass" is just retarded.

Exactly, you are  paying a relatively large up front payment for almost nothing.  And I hope for anyone who bought it that "Lost as sea" is not an indication of the direction of the expansion.  Whoever decided to bring back underwater combat is the mother of all dumbshits.

IP Logged

S
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #66 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
I've thought this several times over the years, but the heads of their marketing and sales departments need to be dragged out of their cubicles and shot.

IP Logged

Zehnpai
Waterworks Kobold

(◕‿◕✿)

Reply #67 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 1:32am
Print Post  
I like how in order to support SSG you need to buy a 300 dollar season pass.

I guess fuck those of us who have been signed up with VIP for like 12 years now.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #68 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 1:44am
Print Post  
Zehnpai wrote on Dec 13th, 2018 at 1:32am:
I like how in order to support SSG you need to buy a 300 dollar season pass.

I guess fuck those of us who have been signed up with VIP for like 12 years now.

12 years.

What exactly about getting screwed are you not familiar with, by now?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Zehnpai
Waterworks Kobold

(◕‿◕✿)

Reply #69 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 8:05am
Print Post  
I can't sit comfortably without their dick up my ass.

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #70 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
I can't expect anything except for the new to make the old obsolete. But, I really thought that sentient weapons were going to be the biggest, driest, hairy knuckled hug without the common courtesy of a reach around. Once you can feed loot to other loot it opens up the possibility of items being affected differently by being fed items from different adventure packs. Or raids. Instead of an inferior air focus and a material essence you feed it 3 Sireths.

Since DDO has been alive a probe was launched to Pluto. It made it and kept flying right the fuck past it. That's how old this game is. $300 being a season pass and not a lifetime sub in a game this old? I can ignore that my acid dripping shuriken doesn't melt my monk's fingers off, but believing that pass is worth it demands more suspension of disbelief than I can manage. The simple fact that the pitch is, "Here's some shit you'll get to keep for a while unless we decide to call it an expansion." Man, fuck that. I don't need to read a lease. If I just knew that for $300 whatever the hell came along it would be paid for until the day DDO finally wheezes its last auto-erotic asphyxiated breath then...maybe.

IP Logged

DiePaetus
Korthos Resident

Stay Hard!

Reply #71 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
LOL!  These season passes sold out.  I didn't think 1000 people still played DOO.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #72 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Your Sonic manager is looking for you.

gibbon wrote on Dec 13th, 2018 at 4:18pm:
I can't expect anything except for the new to make the old obsolete. But, I really thought that sentient weapons were going to be the biggest, driest, hairy knuckled hug without the common courtesy of a reach around. Once you can feed loot to other loot it opens up the possibility of items being affected differently by being fed items from different adventure packs. Or raids. Instead of an inferior air focus and a material essence you feed it 3 Sireths.

Since DDO has been alive a probe was launched to Pluto. It made it and kept flying right the fuck past it. That's how old this game is. $300 being a season pass and not a lifetime sub in a game this old? I can ignore that my acid dripping shuriken doesn't melt my monk's fingers off, but believing that pass is worth it demands more suspension of disbelief than I can manage. The simple fact that the pitch is, "Here's some shit you'll get to keep for a while unless we decide to call it an expansion." Man, fuck that. I don't need to read a lease. If I just knew that for $300 whatever the hell came along it would be paid for until the day DDO finally wheezes its last auto-erotic asphyxiated breath then...maybe.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Synchrono
Waterworks Kobold

I am not a noun, I am
a VERB.

Reply #73 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Dec 9th, 2018 at 8:11pm:
Whoever decided to bring back underwater combat is the mother of all dumbshits.

Now I have never been a fan of how they implemented the underwater shit in Into the Deep but the fact you don't have to spend so much time managing your movement velocity made this quest at least mildly enjoyable. What would make it better is if you could have more vertical play given you're in the fucking water and could float around like the mobs do. That would have made it interesting but for what was a single we need to do something quest.... at least it was better than those 3 annoyances that led to Wheloon.

I laugh at the damn Kama's because they would never be used but the Goggles and Bracers are least decent items and I suppose the ring is a swap in...

We've seen updates with worse shit released.

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Announce that all passes (that include all races released that are free-to-VIPs) have sold out and within an hour, link interview about Sharn Xpack that mentions it will include Teiflings (not sure if that was previously mentioned).
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2018 at 7:41pm by NoGoodDoc »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint