Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) DDO Season Pass (Read 19134 times)
Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Re: DDO Season Pass
Reply #75 - Dec 14th, 2018 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
NoGoodDoc wrote on Dec 13th, 2018 at 7:40pm:
...interview about Sharn Xpack that mentions it will include Teiflings (not sure if that was previously mentioned).

I believe it was on Wednesday streaming session by Cordovan with Severlin. So, yes, the release of Tieflings was known.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #76 - Dec 15th, 2018 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Dec 14th, 2018 at 4:21pm:
I believe it was on Wednesday streaming session by Cordovan with Severlin. So, yes, the release of Tieflings was known.

Real question did they announce what the iconic would be? Personally I'm hoping for bard over sorc; as I feel bard is the more utility based option for what they can do with the racial tree.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #77 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 12:03am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Dec 15th, 2018 at 9:53pm:
Real question did they announce what the iconic would be?

They did not.

It should be a Warlock but I understand why they won't do that.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #78 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 3:44am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Dec 16th, 2018 at 12:03am:
They did not.

It should be a Warlock but I understand why they won't do that.

Depends on the edition really.

I think some would argue Rogue, other's sorc, and some will claim warlock due to R. A. Salvatore.

They've got it down to Sorc or Bard due to the f2p class need. Unless Sorc is going to be some sort of racial that can mesh well with melee (and not exclusively EK) then it's not a good design for an iconic. Let alone the Tiefling iconic. Bard gives them room to give an unique bard-based/boosting racial with some goodies for both casters and melees that won't look out of place.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #79 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 3:55am
Print Post  
One thing you can bank on is them releasing a Char to damage universal tree released at the same time as tieflings. It is almost a guarantee at this point given they refused to give EK it. Wouldn't be surprised if it came in another bundle with all the items people don't want just to force sales ala Falconry.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #80 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 4:37am
Print Post  
Justanotherlurker wrote on Dec 16th, 2018 at 3:55am:
One thing you can bank on is them releasing a Char to damage universal tree released at the same time as tieflings. It is almost a guarantee at this point given they refused to give EK it. Wouldn't be surprised if it came in another bundle with all the items people don't want just to force sales ala Falconry.

Why make it universal when you can tuck it in the Tiefling Iconic and sell the Tiefling Iconic exclusively in the biggest bundle.

I don't really see what they could do with universal trees at the moment. Save adding some sort of summoner tree or perhaps a shield tree (to bridge the fact any class can use shields but only Fighters and Pally's get the most use out of them.)

That being said I hope they don't pull another Falconry and tuck Cha to Tactics so far up the tree that it's practically impossible to invest in a savant/PM/AM tree to offset the fact EK doesn't really give any sort of casting stuff to help with the casting-required buffs. Wisdom to Tactics is nice; but it sucks ass having to completely give up on dipping into one of the druid trees as a druid.
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2018 at 4:39am by Edrein »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #81 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Dec 16th, 2018 at 3:44am:
Depends on the edition really.

I think some would argue Rogue, other's sorc, and some will claim warlock due to R. A. Salvatore.

So far they have deliberately avoided the double paywall of an iconic combined with a paid class.  That's not to say that they will never do that, but there are a few free classes left before they have the poor choice of doubling up on classes or doubling up on paywall.

What's left in classes?  By my count it's barb, bard, sorc.  If they wander into the territory of classes that can be unlocked for free then you add arti and fvs.  Fvs is a fairly trivial unlock, but arti requires a paid pack to get the favor needed, so that's probably out as long as they avoid the double paywall option.

EDIT:  Since this is the thread, they got their 1k sales.  Grats to them I guess.  I hope they spend that 300k wisely.
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2018 at 3:10pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

S
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #82 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Dec 16th, 2018 at 3:08pm:
arti requires a paid pack to get the favor needed, so that's probably out as long as they avoid the double paywall option.

You sure about that? I thought you could just barely get enough favor via challenges.
Of course, who wants to do that?

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #83 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Challenges only give up to 126 favor, assuming that you 6 star all of them--which is virtually impossible given that you'd need a full group of people who all have a solid grasp of the challenges for some of them. Rushmores can easily be soloed if you're familiar with the map (and get a little bit of good luck) but Extraplanar Mining and Caves require luck and coordination, while Kobold Island is a nightmare even with a full group.

Doing all of the Secrets of the Artificers quests + MA + LOB on Elite + Brothers of the Forge (free) = 126 favor, so it's more practical to do all of those and then solo a few of the Rushmore challenges to get your 150 favor, rather than to try to 6 star all of the challenges.

Anyway back on topic, I'm kind of surprised, yet not surprised that the season passes all sold out. That's something I'd never buy, but then again, there are quite a few people who have weird spending habits. $300 for essentially forcing yourself to be dedicated to DDO for 2 years is a bit of a steep price tag if you ask me. In my 8 years of playing DDO, I've spent somewhere in the vicinity of $300 total, and all the adventure packs + races + classes + etc I've unlocked is sticking with me permanently until the DDO servers shut down.

Long-term players are better off going premium if you ask me. VIP is a good deal if you're planning on just trying out the game for the short term. So season pass seems to me to be the worst of both worlds, in that the VIP is best suited for short term ventures, yet season pass forces you to buy a 2 year package--which is anything but short term.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #84 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
So far they have deliberately avoided the double paywall of an iconic combined with a paid class.  That's not to say that they will never do that, but there are a few free classes left before they have the poor choice of doubling up on classes or doubling up on paywall.

What's left in classes?  By my count it's barb, bard, sorc.  If they wander into the territory of classes that can be unlocked for free then you add arti and fvs.  Fvs is a fairly trivial unlock, but arti requires a paid pack to get the favor needed, so that's probably out as long as they avoid the double paywall option.

EDIT:  Since this is the thread, they got their 1k sales.  Grats to them I guess.  I hope they spend that 300k wisely.

If they were to do a pay-to-play but favor unlockable it'd definitely be artificer. Obviously the +int stat and the fact we've got the Shavarath Armorers from Chronoscope would give credence to the idea. Hell, I'd probably even stay pure melee arty on it if they didn't bungle the racial tree to shore up the DPS disparity. (Because arties, even fleshies are pretty damn tanky with Renegade and I'd never take T5 Battle Engineer at this point compared to recon SLA and aura.)

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #85 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 4:03am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Dec 16th, 2018 at 4:37am:
Wisdom to Tactics is nice; but it sucks ass having to completely give up on dipping into one of the druid trees as a druid.

Doesn't it also suck ass having to dip into one of the druid trees as a druid?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #86 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 9:02am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Dec 16th, 2018 at 10:17pm:
If they were to do a pay-to-play but favor unlockable it'd definitely be artificer.

Why do you say that?  As I pointed out fvs is a lot easier to unlock via favor, while arti is either impossible or so close to impossible as to be the next door neighbor who is fucking the mom on the side.

Arti also fairly well requires that the player already have a decent golf bag of rune arms already.  At least I bought arti but I didn't buy it until I had a small pile of rune arms already.  I'm sure they'd give out a rune arm in the starter gear, but it would suck like all their starter gear sucks.  Fvs is really the only real option for favor unlocks.  If they just throw out the concept of avoiding the double pay wall then there are still a lot better options for classes than arti, like monk or druid or warlock.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #87 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
I'm still baffled @ how the FUCK this sold out? Are these the same people who jump on the Walmart grocery '$2.50 each or 2 for $6' sales?

Christ on a fucking crutch....

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #88 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Dec 17th, 2018 at 12:36pm:
I'm still baffled @ how the FUCK this sold out? Are these the same people who jump on the Walmart grocery '$2.50 each or 2 for $6' sales?

Yeah, unless you just want to throw money at SSG, which I personally think is a terrible terrible idea, even if you ideologically just want the game to survive, because it sets up a really shitty incentivization for them to create good monetizable content.  As SSG they have been consistently screwing the pooch on marketing to the entirety of the playerbase. 

The only way it works is if you are a premium player with all the content purchased, for some reason want to go VIP for a limited amount of time and are willing to get locked in for 2 years AND love gold rolls.  Or you are simply bad at the maths.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #89 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Dec 17th, 2018 at 12:36pm:

I needed an ottos box and they wern't in the store. 300$ was cheaper than buying enough astral shards to buy one off the ASAH. I could give two shits about the armor and vip (im already vip). Also I'm not poor.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #90 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Dec 17th, 2018 at 2:58pm:
I needed an ottos box and they wern't in the store. 300$ was cheaper than buying enough astral shards to buy one off the ASAH. I could give two shits about the armor and vip (im already vip). Also I'm not poor.

sounds like you need a cocaine habit

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.ďż˝ Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.ďż˝ They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #91 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 3:12pm
Print Post  

Interesting.. Just doing the maths.  If farmer Brown needs 10 chickens and they are $4 each bought separately or he can buy all 10 at once for $300 inside a basket that has no use once he takes the chickens?  How can farmer Brown to buy the chickens he needs, and not punch himself in the dick?

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #92 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 4:08pm
Print Post  

Depends how much the PacMan LARP gear costs.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #93 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 4:18pm
Print Post  

I hear this kind of rational, and all I hear is:

"I stoned my way thru to triple completionist, racials, and Epics... every build I've ever had any level of success with was copy pasted from someone elses effort and time."

Nobody fucking needs a stone.  But hey.. if you've got the cash to spend.. more power to ya. it IS why they make those kinds of offers in the first place.  Wink

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #94 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Dec 17th, 2018 at 4:18pm:

"I stoned my way thru to triple completionist, racials, and Epics... every build I've ever had any level of success with was copy pasted from someone elses effort and time."

Nobody fucking needs a stone.  But hey.. if you've got the cash to spend.. more power to ya. it IS why they make those kinds of offers in the first place.  Wink

so angry and bitter, back in my day we didn't have stones or bravery bonuses we had to tr the hard way and create our own builds.You should get laid, and get some money.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #95 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
I bought it for the armor and because fuck you.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #96 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
It's $300 for Two years of ViP and an Otto's Box.  Which is $250 at retail prices.

So it's $50 for the armor, the gold rolls and owning the content.   If you maximize the gold rolls, then you can get hearts of wood, +8 tomes, skill tomes, and other stuff that easily adds up to $50 in DDO Points.   Plus all the XP stones.   

If you are going to actually log in and do the rolling, the math works fine, imo.   You may disagree and that's cool.  It might not be the deal you are looking for, and that's fine.   It worked for me and $300 is not a big deal.   

I get that a big part of the fun of internet forums is shitting on other people's life choices, though, so carry on.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #97 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
You’re an idiot for buying a Season’s Pass.

Asheras wrote on Dec 17th, 2018 at 6:19pm:
It's $300 for Two years of ViP and an Otto's Box.  Which is $250 at retail prices.

So it's $50 for the armor, the gold rolls and owning the content.   If you maximize the gold rolls, then you can get hearts of wood, +8 tomes, skill tomes, and other stuff that easily adds up to $50 in DDO Points.   Plus all the XP stones.   

If you are going to actually log in and do the rolling, the math works fine, imo.   You may disagree and that's cool.  It might not be the deal you are looking for, and that's fine.   It worked for me and $300 is not a big deal.   

I get that a big part of the fun of internet forums is shitting on other people's life choices, though, so carry on. 

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #98 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 17th, 2018 at 6:19pm:

if they sell shit you are going to buy without think twice.

Oh they just did and you bought it lol

Thx for suck their dicks, i mean support the game.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #99 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Dec 17th, 2018 at 4:18pm:

Why are you hardcore hating?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint