Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) DDO Season Pass (Read 19067 times)
Humble Pie
Korthos Resident

Never settle.

DDO Season Pass
Dec 5th, 2018 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
From the Motherboards:

Introducing the DDO Season Pass! It combines the convenience of VIP access with the joy of ownership. During the two-year season, you get VIP access, permanent ownership of new VIP access content, and more benefits!

Only 1,000 Season Passes will be available, beginning
December 7th at 12:00 PM Eastern through December 16th at 11:59 PM Eastern.
When they're gone, they're gone, so don't miss out if you want to be a Season Pass holder!

Here's what you'll get with the DDO 2020 Season Pass:

2 Years of DDO VIP Access

Enjoy all the perks of being a DDO VIP, like 500 DDO Points per month, bonus XP, and more.

VIP benefits kick in immediately upon redeeming your Season Pass code on your account. (Limit one Season Pass per account)

Yours To Keep

Season Pass grants permanent ownership of VIP features that are released during the two year Season from 2019 through 2020! That means every time a VIP gets their automatic free access to the newly released Store content*, Season Pass holders get to keep it! Enjoy accessing features such as new adventure packs, new races, new classes, and when your Season Pass expires, you'll still retain ownership of those features on your account!

*Excludes any non-VIP inclusive features, such as Expansions.

You've got the DM's Favor

Season Pass holders get DAILY free rolls of Gold dice, in addition to the standard daily silver rolls! Get fabulous rewards when you roll on Gold Daily Dice, like Sentient XP gems, Tomes, increased XP rewards, rare Cosmetics, and more!

The DM's favor lasts for the full 2 year season, and ends Dec 31st, 2020.

Celebrate With New Armor

Season Pass holders get a limited release Cosmetic Outfit for all their characters:
Silver Dragon Armor

That's one for every character you have now, and every future character you make too! (Each armor is Bound to Account)

A Heroic Otto's Box

Your season pass also bestows one Heroic Otto's box for your account, a 4995 DDO Points value, which includes:
• 1 Stone of Heroic Experience (2 million XP)
• 5 Superior Experience Elixirs
• 5 Major Slayer Count Boosts
• 5 Huge Jewels of Fortune
• 5 Siberys Spirit Cakes
• 3 Greater Siberys Spirit Cakes
• 1 Complete Reincarnation Timer Reset
• Your choice of either a Cyan Gelatinous Cube Creature Companion or 65 Astral Shards

Note: Your Otto's box is delivered to the character that you redeem your Season Pass code on.

Don't wait, become a Season Pass holder today!

How to get the DDO 2020 Season Pass:

The DDO 2020 Season Pass is available for a limited time
in the DDO Market for $299.
Only 1,000 Season Passes will be sold, so don't miss out!

To begin your Season Pass:

1. Receive your Season Pass code from the DDO Market

2. Open the DDO Store and select "Redeem Code" from the top menu

3. Enter your code and select "Apply"

Upon redemption of your Season Pass code, you will immediately receive your Gold Dice roll benefit and Season Pass holder bonus items for your characters. Your 24 months of VIP time also begins upon redemption of the code.

*Terms & Conditions apply. DDO Points from VIP access are distributed monthly based on the day of the month that your Season Pass code was redeemed. For existing VIP subscribers applying a Season Pass, your 24 months of VIP time will be added to any remaining VIP time you had from your existing VIP plan, and your existing plan will not rebill until after your Season Pass time has run out. Expansions are not included with VIP or Season Pass access. The DM's Favor benefit for free daily Gold dice rolls takes effect when you redeem your Season Pass code, and the DM's Favor ends on Dec 31st, 2020. All VIP access features released in the DDO Store in 2019 and 2020 will be granted permanently to DDO 2020 Season Pass holders' accounts automatically. DDO 2020 Season Pass does not include permanent ownership of any VIP access features that were already released in the game prior to Dec 31st, 2018. Limit 1 Heroic Otto's Box per account with the Season Pass. Only one Season Pass can be redeemed on a game account. The redemption code for Season Pass expires December 31st, 2020 at 11:59pm Eastern.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Re: DDO Season Pass
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
IMO its not worth it. Currently 2 years of VIP is 200$. Sure you dont "own" the content but I dont think thats worth the 100$ premium. You get some free gold rolls (gold rolls are trash), a re-skin of the old epic redscale heavy armor (a rather lack-luster one at that), and one Heroic Ottos Box which is essentially useless.

Keep in mind you STILL have to buy expansions. Just isnt worth it. In fact I think its a rip off. The fact that they keep saying "only 1000 being sold" acting as if we should drop everything were doing and just buy it seems questionable. Why even have an artificial number of units sold? I could see if it was a black friday/boxing day limited thing where the price was 200$ but this isnt the case.
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2018 at 12:33pm by Rose-tinted Goggles »  

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
This just screams that they need an immediate influx of cash and usually that's not a positive sign.

IP Logged

Humble Pie
Korthos Resident

Never settle.

Reply #3 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Season Pass Silver Dragon Armor Pics - did not come through with post:

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
It seemed like an interesting idea... and then I saw the price tag. Oof.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #5 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Two years of VIP is $200 and an ottos is $40-50ish?  (depends on points bundle you buy)

So, you get $240 bucks worth of stuff for $300! WINNING!... wait..

Kinda depends on how much content is put out between now and 2 years from now to know if it's a savings.

What do we expect?
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2018 at 12:48pm by Head-Meat »  

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
This is a really weird package.  The gold rolls are meh.. the ottos boxes are worth what 35 bucks if you buy the points during the double bonus, so it's basically $70 to permanently get the content from 2019 and 2020 less expansions.  But you are going to have to sub up again at the end of the period... So $70 bucks for nothing.  Perhaps if you are FTP and have bought everything and want to have 2 years of VIP and then back to FTP... That's SSG for ya, quality marketing team.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 12:48pm:
Kinda depends on how much content is put out between now and 2 years from now to know if it's a savings.

2 years of content ownership would be around 4 quest chains with 4-6 quests each. And 2 raids. Roughly what the year looked like before and after Ravenloft. Expect the same model for the Sharn expansion. Maybe an iconic or other race. Possibly a universal tree.  Decent value.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #8 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Humble Pie wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 12:31pm:
Season Pass Silver Dragon Armor Pics - did not come through with post:

https://i.imgur.com/92HCO0z.png

Probably won't look like that on Bladeforged. I still can't understand why they haven't resolved cosmetic armor issues on them.
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2018 at 5:18pm by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:13pm:
An immediate need for $299,000?

What on earth for?

If it were a need for say $40,000,000, I'd buy that because you might be able to redesign the engine or even create a whole new game, but $299,000?

Seems odd to conclude that.

The whole thing seems odd to me.  It's not a generous offer, it doesn't raise all that much cash, relatively.  That's maybe 2 FTEs for one year.  It locks you into a 2 year commitment at a higher cost than regular VIP.  Maybe some people get really excited about gold rolls?  At most it's buying 2 years of VIP and some additional goodies at full price for a $300 upfront payment...  Or maybe that dragon armor is just too good to pass up to some players?

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #10 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
NoGoodDoc wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 12:27pm:
This just screams that they need an immediate influx of cash and usually that's not a positive sign.

What on earth for?

If it were a need for say $40,000,000, I'd buy that because you might be able to redesign the engine or even create a whole new game, but $299,000?

Edited:
Deleted this post accidentally. Had to repost here.
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:21pm by Technomage »  

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #11 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:18pm:
The whole thing seems odd to me.  It's not a generous offer, it doesn't raise all that much cash, relatively.  That's maybe 2 FTEs for one year.  It locks you into a 2 year commitment at a higher cost than regular VIP.  Maybe some people get really excited about gold rolls?  At most it's buying 2 years of VIP and some additional goodies at full price for a $300 upfront payment...  Or maybe that dragon armor is just too good to pass up to some players?

Yes...very odd.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:09pm:
2 years of content ownership would be around 4 quest chains with 4-6 quests each. And 2 raids. Roughly what the year looked like before and after Ravenloft. Expect the same model for the Sharn expansion. Maybe an iconic or other race. Possibly a universal tree.  Decent value.

Only if you aren't VIP now and plan to go back to FTP afterwards.  If you are currently VIP and don't own anything other than the expansions, it's full price for everything included, that isn't a decent value, or are you considering the gold rolls valuable?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #13 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
I think they are trying out the market for super-vip sort of offers. 

A VIP for 2 years, bought annually = $200

An Otto's box is $40 (lets go with a quasi points sale value)

That leaves $60 for daily gold dice rolls - Average about 4k per roll, 6 extra rolls per week, about 2,500,000 extra XP over the course of the 2 years, plus whatever other stuff you get.  The cosmetics, and you own the content for the next two years.   

Would you rather do a two year sub and pay $200 and spend $100 for 15,000 points?   You can get 3 ottos boxes at that price point.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #14 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:21pm:
Only if you aren't VIP now and plan to go back to FTP afterwards.  If you are currently VIP and don't own anything other than the expansions, it's full price for everything included, that isn't a decent value, or are you considering the gold rolls valuable?

I will probably get this for my wife for Christmas. She's one of the FTP players and was looking to go VIP for a year. Now she'll be VIP+ for two years!
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:24pm by Technomage »  

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #15 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:22pm:
I think they are trying out the market for super-vip sort of offers. 

This. It's a test. IF it's hot and sells out you can be sure there will be more like it. Expect some ULTRA VIP options, etc.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:20pm:

What on earth for?

Edited:
Deleted this post accidentally. Had to repost here.

300k could a long way to help with day-to-day costs and help cover the time until the upcoming expansion, etc - especially if they don't have the income they had hoped.

Selling 1k of these is to make it feel exclusive to evoke the FOMO feeling. But in reality your gambling on SSG. Past performance isn't always a good predictor of future performance (esp with these guys). So while we might get the same amount of content, we might not.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:23pm:
I will probably get this for my wife for Christmas. She's one of the FTP players and was looking to go VIP for a year. Now she'll be VIP+ for two years!

Yeah, gifts for others will probably the largest percentage of purchases.  I'm taking another break sometime before my sub runs out in April, but even if I wasn't this just doesn't have enough juice for me to be willing to take the 2 year commitment and $300 cash drop upfront.  But I agree if this sells out we can expect more mediocre ultra VIP offers in the future.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
NoGoodDoc wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:44pm:
300k could a long way to help with day-to-day costs and help cover the time until the upcoming expansion, etc - especially if they don't have the income they had hoped.

Selling 1k of these is to make it feel exclusive to evoke the FOMO feeling. But in reality your gambling on SSG. Past performance isn't always a good predictor of future performance (esp with these guys). So while we might get the same amount of content, we might not.

Yep, there might not even be DDO in a year even.. Seems like they are doing OK so probably not.  But old games just get older.  The next expansion will be telling, if it's RL or better then things are probably shiney....

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:51pm
Print Post  

You're*

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #20 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:20pm:

What on earth for?

Might be a good chunk of an office renovation, or something like that.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:21pm:

Decent if you already own most of the content and are vip anyway. Very narrow demographic, but I assume they have enough of these playing that justifies the package for them. And any bigger spenders will buy this, too.

The 12k TP upfront is useful if you havent got 7 or 8 tomes, assuming +8s go on sale for the holidays.

It seems like a lazy kickstarter for christmas bonuses.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #22 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 2:07pm
Print Post  

I mean, it says limit 1,000, but how would anyone know if they sold more than this?  Unless they sold over 1,000 to people that post on the mobos, no one will know if they actually end up selling 1,500 or even 2,000. 

And if it really is that popular, I imagine they will increase the numbers.  There is no real reason to limit it, other than to make it feel more exclusive to try to entice the l33ts.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:49pm:
if it's RL or better then things are probably shiney....

Sharn has to be good enough to warrant spending and keep the buzz from RL going. I assume there is a ton of content for Sharn already fleshed out for SSG to copy into DDO. Dont expect as many resources as Ravenloft has, but enough already written out. SSG is still good at copying over paper modules and this should be perfect for them until the 3rd expansion.
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2018 at 2:09pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
no. wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 2:07pm:
I mean, it says limit 1,000, but how would anyone know if they sold more than this?  Unless they sold over 1,000 to people that post on the mobos, no one will know if they actually end up selling 1,500 or even 2,000. 

And if it really is that popular, I imagine they will increase the numbers.  There is no real reason to limit it, other than to make it feel more exclusive to try to entice the l33ts.

That's a good point. They could sell more and nobody would have any way of knowing better. I wonder what the over/under would be of them even getting to 1000.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint