Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Cash Strapped SSG Needs Help (Read 6863 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Cash Strapped SSG Needs Help
Dec 20th, 2018 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
There is a new epic Otto's in the store today.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/501939-Improved-Epic-Otto-s-Irresitabl...

Quote:
A bundle that includes a Stone of Experience, potions, cakes, and more!
A jam-packed bundle that contains the following: 1 Stone of Improved Epic Experience (4 million XP); 5 Superior Experience Elixirs; 5 Major Slayer Count Boosts; 2 Greater Elixirs of Discovery; 5 Siberys Spirit Cakes; 3 Greater Siberys Spirit Cakes; 1 Complete Reincarnation Timer Reset; 1300 Commendations of Valor; and your choice of either an Orange Gelatinous Cube Creature Companion or 65 Astral Shards. Stone of Experience Information: Grants four million XP to the user (Enough to completely fill an empty epic destiny). Granted XP goes toward epic level, active epic destiny, and karma of active destiny's sphere. Can be used at any time during the epic level range (Level 20+). The XP grant can be increased by using Experience Elixirs or acquiring other XP-boosting effects before using the stone. IMPORTANT: XP granted caps at epic level cap (Level 30), but if capped still goes to active epic destiny and destiny karma (up to their respective caps). Minimum Level for Usage: 20 - Only one Stone of Improved Epic XP can be used per life.(All types of reincarnation reset this except for Lesser Reincarnation.) NOTE: Otto's box and the Stone of Experience inside are tradable. The other items inside are not.

6999 Turbine Points

I love how even Trudh is feeling the money grubbing claws of ssg.

Quote:
Seems like a rip off. They are the ones that expanded the amount of exp for a epic life without changing the original epic otto's box, and now they want to charge us extra for it?

This is not random. The Daybreak layoffs presumably have slashed SSG's funding and the studio is hurting. The 2 year pass and this box are going towards holiday bonuses and maybe some extra hands to help with the new shitty expansion coming.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Re: Cash Strapped SSG Needs Help
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2018 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 20th, 2018 at 2:57pm:
There is a new epic Otto's in the store today.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/501939-Improved-Epic-Otto-s-Irresitabl...

I love how even Trudh is feeling the money grubbing claws of ssg.

This is not random. The Daybreak layoffs presumably have slashed SSG's funding and the studio is hurting. The 2 year pass and this box are going towards holiday bonuses and maybe some extra hands to help with the new shitty expansion coming.

I mean... if I were them running their business, I'd 100% sell these also.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Dec 20th, 2018 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Dec 20th, 2018 at 3:04pm:
I mean... if I were them running their business, I'd 100% sell these also.

Or, you know, maybe just adjust the epic xp on the stone to match the adjusted xp they raised on epic trs? But nahhhhhh

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 20th, 2018 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
To me, the Otto boxes always seemed like the purest form of "why the fuck are people buying this." At some point, you have to look at yourself and realize that you're paying money to NOT play the game, and when that happens, it's probably better to just find something else to do with your time. When the game is at a point where it's more fun or advantageous to pay money to skip portions of the game, then it's a game that's definitely not worth it in my eyes. Furthermore, by paying money to NOT play the game, you're supporting them monetarily to keep making content that you would rather skip over. It's a downward spiral.

4m exp * 1.5 (exp pot) * 1.05 (master's gift) * 1.05 (ship) = 6.67m exp, which is just short of an epic reincarnation. That's about 1 week of doing dailies, which are stupidly easy anyway. Sure, they're braindead, but I'm not going to give money to Turbine as if to say "good job on designing this flawed system." It's still somewhat fun to at least play my character through those levels, and it makes more sense to me to save my money for other, more important things.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Dec 20th, 2018 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
yeah, epic otto's boxes are just about useless.
But for people with more money than time, dropping $50 or $100 probably doesn't mean much to them (I'm not one of them). 
and when you just want to get all the past lives so you can finally build your "utlimate" build and play that at cap, I can see why people would want to "pay to not play"... they don't like the grinding through levels and doing dailies everyday.  They want to be quad-triple completionist and stay at max level.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Dec 20th, 2018 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Quote:
To me, the Otto boxes always seemed like the purest form of "why the fuck are people buying this." 

Well, I see them as having been more useful back in the day when completionist was a thing and maybe you didn't want to do a bard life or something like that, so you could skip most of it.  I bought a heroic box because I am doing racials  now (finally, IKR) and if for some reason the expansion drops and I need to finish off a heroic life fast or not liking a particular build and just want to be done.   
But this box is exactly what zhenvex is talking about in the "vote for SSG" thread on the mobos, boy is that fucker salty, made me smile reading it.  SSG just still can't fucking put together a truly good package that has real value.  They can't help but clog it up with crap:
Stone -good
slayer pot -good
Superior elixer -ass
cakes -ass
coms -complete ass
shards -ok

They need money, next in the store: True heart of phenomenal cash grab -grants 2 past lives for one reincarnation.   1299 points
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2018 at 3:52pm by Tspoon »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Dec 20th, 2018 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Dec 20th, 2018 at 3:51pm:
zhenvex

His snark feeds me. I need moar

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #7 - Dec 20th, 2018 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Quote:
To me, the Otto boxes always seemed like the purest form of "why the fuck are people buying this." At some point, you have to look at yourself and realize that you're paying money to NOT play the game, and when that happens, it's probably better to just find something else to do with your time.

Ok, let me try and explain SSG's business model for you.

Imagine going to a prostitute and she offers you the best blow job of your life for 50 bucks.  But she's going to jab her finger up your ass while she does it, spit your own cum in your mouth afterwards, then smear your own shit on your face when she's finished.

On the bright side, you can pay an extra 25 bucks and she won't spit your cum in your mouth at the end...but for no reason there's no way to avoid the finger going up your ass or the shit being smeared on your face.

The finger doesn't make the blow job better and isn't needed, she just doesn't understand the spaghetti code well enough to remove it and she's not smart enough to realize should could charge more to not do it.

And the idiot paladins on the forums?  They encourage her not to change what she's doing and argue that she shouldn't even offer the 25 buck upgrade because...fucking 'tards.

It is arguably a pretty damn good blowjob though.

I hope this helps.
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2018 at 4:15pm by Skoodge »  

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Dec 20th, 2018 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Dec 20th, 2018 at 4:14pm:
But she's going to jab her finger up your ass while she does it, spit your own cum in your mouth afterwards, then smear your own shit on your face when she's finished

For some people that is a bonus!

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Dec 20th, 2018 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 20th, 2018 at 4:56pm:
For some people that is a bonus!

I've always had to pay extra for that... unless you look for the ones with an Adams Apple... not judging
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2018 at 5:15pm by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #10 - Dec 20th, 2018 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 20th, 2018 at 3:10pm:
Or, you know, maybe just adjust the epic xp on the stone to match the adjusted xp they raised on epic trs? But nahhhhhh

This is an "improved" stone.

Don't you dare think there won't be a "greater" and/or a "superior".

Do you tomes?
Do you capitalism?

I expect a bunch more ottos packages in the future. I'll likely buy some.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #11 - Dec 20th, 2018 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Sweet. Buying 15 NOOOOOWWWWWWW.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #12 - Dec 20th, 2018 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
made my night skooge,

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Dec 20th, 2018 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Dec 20th, 2018 at 4:14pm:
Ok, let me try and explain SSG's business model for you.

Imagine going to a prostitute and she offers you the best blow job of your life for 50 bucks.  But she's going to jab her finger up your ass while she does it, spit your own cum in your mouth afterwards, then smear your own shit on your face when she's finished.

On the bright side, you can pay an extra 25 bucks and she won't spit your cum in your mouth at the end...but for no reason there's no way to avoid the finger going up your ass or the shit being smeared on your face.

The finger doesn't make the blow job better and isn't needed, she just doesn't understand the spaghetti code well enough to remove it and she's not smart enough to realize should could charge more to not do it.

And the idiot paladins on the forums?  They encourage her not to change what she's doing and argue that she shouldn't even offer the 25 buck upgrade because...fucking 'tards.

It is arguably a pretty damn good blowjob though.

I hope this helps.

That's actually an amazing (and equally disgusting) analogy; thanks Skoodge

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #14 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 3:46am
Print Post  
Whys is this business trying to make money, what are they thinking! Harumph

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Dec 21st, 2018 at 3:46am:

They're stuck with crackheads for whatever they can sell after their supplier gutted their funding.

Hurry up, buy that crack!

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #16 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 20th, 2018 at 2:57pm:

I hear Amazon and Walmart are also trying new things that are expected to be profitable. They must be hurting!!! 

The sign of success must be to just keep doing what you've been doing. Look at RadioShack, they'll never go out of business!!! 

Oh, wait. It's not opposite day. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 21st, 2018 at 2:34pm:
I hear Amazon and Walmart are also trying new things that are expected to be profitable. They must be hurting!!! 

The sign of success must be to just keep doing what you've been doing. Look at RadioShack, they'll never go out of business!!! 

Oh, wait. It's not opposite day. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

sometimes we all question just how retarded you really are...

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #18 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 21st, 2018 at 3:06pm:
sometimes we all question just how retarded you really are...

...while you leave us no room for doubt.   Grin
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2018 at 5:58pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 21st, 2018 at 5:58pm:
...while you leave us no room for doubt.   Grin

Your autism is showing again. We don't question if, just the severity of it. It's what we do on discord after seeing your posts.

And, please, there has never been a conservative comedian. Don't try now.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #20 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 21st, 2018 at 9:05pm:
And, please, there has never been a conservative comedian. Don't try now.

Ummm...Dennis Miller...Tim Allen...Norm Macdonald...Jeff Foxworthy...the list goes on.

https://www.ranker.com/list/best-conservative-republican-comedians/ranker-comedy
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2018 at 11:27pm by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Dec 22nd, 2018 at 1:58am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Dec 21st, 2018 at 11:26pm:
Ummm...Dennis Miller...Tim Allen...Norm Macdonald...Jeff Foxworthy...the list goes on.

https://www.ranker.com/list/best-conservative-republican-comedians/ranker-comedy

should have said good comedian.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Dec 22nd, 2018 at 2:07am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Dec 21st, 2018 at 11:26pm:

IP Logged

Zehnpai
Waterworks Kobold

(◕‿◕✿)

Reply #23 - Dec 22nd, 2018 at 3:28am
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Dec 21st, 2018 at 3:46am:

Nobody is faulting them for trying to make money.

What we're doing is mocking them for being bad at it.

One of the worst assumptions the white knights make is that because SSG has all the dataz behind the scenes, they automatically know how to best make profit off the game.

And that's why they don't even own the merchandising rights to their own game, they have to hit up the whales every 3 months for cash infusions and Cordovan has to stay in roach motels when he goes to cons.

I mean after dragoncon, what was it, last year? he was talking about how buying a 70 dollar record nearly bankrupted him.

Now granted they probably pay him in expired Subway coupons, but it's obvious they aren't exactly drowning in money.

If what they were doing was such a good business practice, maybe they wouldn't be announcing new expansions while outside a Denny's at 3 in the morning.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #24 - Dec 22nd, 2018 at 4:45am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 22nd, 2018 at 1:58am:
should have said good comedian. 

I'll be honest, I'm a moderate who leans slightly left.  That said, if you can find an actual uncut version of Norm MacDonald's "Me doing stand up," you really should watch it.  It's probably one of the most un-PC things I've seen in 20 years and I about pissed myself laughing.

They had it on netflix for literally about a day before the social warriors got it pulled (and when I watched it I knew it wasn't going to last).  It's really hard to find a version that hasn't been edited to hell now, but well worth it if you can track one down.

Allen and Foxworthy are shit though.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint