Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Quality server (Read 2216 times)
Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Quality server
Dec 27th, 2018 at 11:59am
Print Post  
Khyber hamsters seem to be out of coke...

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Re: Quality server
Reply #1 - Dec 27th, 2018 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
The reason I decided to stick with Khyber many years ago was because after playing a little on all the servers, I noticed that Khyber had by far the most healthy PUG scene. But nowadays, that's not really the case. It feels like 1/3 or less than what it used to be. And when I do find people to run with nowadays, most of them just aren't the same caliber as players I used to run into back in the day--and I'm not talking about how good they are at the game, it's more that most of them seem soulless and don't wanna chat, joke around, or have a good time like people used to. What's the fun in that?

Dunno how the situation is on other servers, though I'd imagine that DDO's decreased quality over time has naturally caused the servers to all hemorrhage players.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #2 - Dec 28th, 2018 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
I'm on Khyber and this matches my experience as well. But, there are plenty of cool kids on Khyber. They hang out in channels, on Discord, in Vent, etc. I used to roll with some. But, I'm too casual these days to keep up.
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2018 at 9:50pm by Head-Meat »  

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Dec 29th, 2018 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
I was just posting about the login servers crashing, but Khyber is a mixed bag these days.  I solo mostly and raid with guildies, but if I am willing to make the effort of putting up an LFM I usually get people to join, but I only PUG reaper 1.  Reaper fucked the entire scene, that and racials.   It's split up the already small player base.  I honestly don't think SSG has any real plan, they don't understand the game well enough to have any vision about where it should go, and frankly, I'm not that sure about that either.  If they were smart they would add a 5% buddy bonus permanently and make it 10% bonus days.  That would get more grouping and make things better for new players, but they don't even understand that... they are happy to sell sovereign pots so the don't give a fuck about "free" xp, but they don't see making the experience for players better as worthy versus making cash... And I really wish I could unsee the video of Sev outside Denny's, that just fucked my whole mindset about DDO....  Sorry for the mixed brain salad...

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #4 - Dec 29th, 2018 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Dec 29th, 2018 at 8:01pm:
I was just posting about the login servers crashing, but Khyber is a mixed bag these days.  I solo mostly and raid with guildies, but if I am willing to make the effort of putting up an LFM I usually get people to join, but I only PUG reaper 1.  Reaper fucked the entire scene, that and racials.   It's split up the already small player base.  I honestly don't think SSG has any real plan, they don't understand the game well enough to have any vision about where it should go, and frankly, I'm not that sure about that either.  If they were smart they would add a 5% buddy bonus permanently and make it 10% bonus days.  That would get more grouping and make things better for new players, but they don't even understand that... they are happy to sell sovereign pots so the don't give a fuck about "free" xp, but they don't see making the experience for players better as worthy versus making cash... And I really wish I could unsee the video of Sev outside Denny's, that just fucked my whole mindset about DDO....  Sorry for the mixed brain salad...

I agree about spreading out small base.

What if they made an auto-scale function just for raids? Scale everyone to lvl x. Maybe make the raid scalable too like reaper skulls.

I’m not sure how to do loot. But, someone could figure it out.. maybe?

Maybe you have a separate enhancement set that applies in-raid like reaper points?
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2018 at 9:09pm by Head-Meat »  

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Darcat
DQ Assaulter

BEEFCAKE!!

Reply #5 - Dec 31st, 2018 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Cannith the BEST

IP Logged

contessor
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Dec 31st, 2018 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Thelanis by far. I spent points transferring around servers and I would rate the best as Thelanis followed by Khyber as far as quality (not accounting time differences).

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #7 - Dec 31st, 2018 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Darcat wrote on Dec 31st, 2018 at 12:03pm:
Cannith the BEST

Irony.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #8 - Jan 1st, 2019 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
Thelanis.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint