Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Raidin and goofin (Read 889 times)
ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Raidin and goofin
Dec 30th, 2018 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
So, pretty much every night we try to get a group together.. it's not EXACTLY static, but it's fucking close.

With the changes to loot, quite a bit of the Deathwyrm and Firepeak loot is in demand again, so we run them fairly often. Something that has us (ok.. maybe it's just me) laughing till we nearly piss ourselves is someone needing to flag (that's fine), and then spending 10 minutes trying to wake up the AFK that ported to the entrance, getting them out, and sending in the flagging team.

Also, while flagging, something goes wrong and someone manages to miss the boat on the flag. To make things faster only a few go in for the flag (to avoid building lag), while the rest wait for the all clear and port to the entrance.

Last night was special.

Flagging was uncertain because flagger never actually picked up the quest. Seems the rules are forgiving though, and it let them take the Raid once they jumped back out.

We did Deathwyrm, and the path choices were fairly sucktastic. Ended up choosing Jump room (which I learned is a LOT easier then I've been doing for the last several years.. so yeah.. even I can learn new tricks), and red light/green light. Nobody was willing to do Gravity Room.

Jump room was problematic.. more then half the party needed to go into a backpack. That's fine.. it happens and is expected. There were days when I simply said "fuck this, I'm packin it" and jumped in the fucking beam. Just NOT in the mood for struggling with my fumble fingers and utter lack of coordination.  So yeah, I get it.

But one party member REALLY wanted to give it his best shot, but just couldn't manage it. So a fellow party member offered to carry them and then give em a raise at the top, he just needed to come to the beam and get it done.

*Bonk*

His tab on the screen goes dead, and I hear ".... or, you can do that.. I'll come to you"

So i ask "Wait... what did you do?"

I don't know if they did it on their own, or if a wise-ass in the group told them to... but they slash-deathed.

Player honestly had no idea it kicked them out of the raid/quest & back to where-ever they saved their soul to. After that it was a mad dash to get them back into the raid before the instance re-set and they had to fight their way alone and single handed back to where they died.

Everybody make mistakes... but that was a new one for me.  Player felt bad and was MORE then adequately embarrassed. Raid ended fine though, LOT of drops (5 items)

3 Battleragers
1 Dumathoin
1 Dark Diversion

HOO RAH!  Wink

IP Logged

imanoob
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Raidin and goofin
Reply #1 - Dec 31st, 2018 at 9:21am
Print Post  
LOL Jump Room. Jumping is easy and requires no coordination, provided you've passed remedial jump class. You simply ask people "have you passed remedial jump class?" If not, go die in a beam right now, we're not waiting.

Seriously, most problems with Deathwyrm can be solved with better leadership and clearer communication.
« Last Edit: Dec 31st, 2018 at 9:21am by imanoob »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint