Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Air/Water Sorc, Heroic/Racial Zerger (Read 18205 times)
Ioun
Dragon Raider

Daddy don't hurt me.

Re: Air/Water Sorc, Heroic/Racial Zerger
Reply #25 - May 23rd, 2019 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Sounds like a good build I can LR my gimped sorc into, still all of the old spells since I havent touched him in over two years

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - May 24th, 2019 at 7:47am
Print Post  
Creeping dust conduit looks good enough to try Ice primary for a life shame it doesn't synergise with any of the RL belts though

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #27 - Jun 21st, 2019 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Updated OP.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Jun 23rd, 2019 at 8:52am
Print Post  
I have a dumb/noob question.
what's the strategy for zerging low levels?
seems to take for ever with only spell

I know about just trying to melee things with master's touch but not sure if I'm missing something else

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #29 - Jun 23rd, 2019 at 9:13am
Print Post  
I usually take a Barb level & LR it out later, then run with Invis until I have to stop. Also having old low level BTA festival burst other burst items helps. IIRC the Spray spells are good value if you gather a load of mobs up. It's been a while since I ran Sorc though and things have changed so other spells beefed up by their element line may be better.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jun 23rd, 2019 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Yeah, I'm just going earth savant with acid spray and the acid spray sla until I get better electric/cold spells.

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #31 - Jun 23rd, 2019 at 10:07am
Print Post  
I run earth/fire until 10. Usually have enough daily dice exp accumulated to get a few action points and pick up the Acid Spray SLA. Run a few quests and then get the Burning Hands SLA. Meta’d Caustic Bolt for single target.

I use those two until I get Acid Blast and Fireball as regular spells. You could go with Scorch in between but never felt like it did much more damage since you can throw metas on SLAs and I don’t use those on most normal spells.

Then just use a blood at 10 and swap to cold/elec.
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2019 at 10:35am by Distributed »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #32 - Jun 24th, 2019 at 11:44am
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jun 23rd, 2019 at 8:52am:
I have a dumb/noob question.
what's the strategy for zerging low levels?
seems to take for ever with only spell

I know about just trying to melee things with master's touch but not sure if I'm missing something else

It does take a while to pick up speed so I stick to 1 skull reaper some time. I use accumulated daily dice to go directly to level 2 or 3 right off the boat

So you can start with Niac's Cold Ray, SLA Niac's Cold Ray, Shocking Bolt, SLA Shocking Grasp, and one other spell.

Cold Ray is usually a one-shot kill at that level. The electric spells are less impressive, but they are good enough for finishing stuff off or pummeling skellies.

At level 4 you take Electric Loop: mini chain lightning with CC.
With 3rd level spells you get Lightning Bolt and Frost Lance as well as enough AP to take SLA Electric Loop and it's off to the races.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Jun 28th, 2019 at 8:52am
Print Post  
I'm probably just playing this wrong, but it's not as zergy for me as warlock was for heroic/racial past lives.

I'm at level 11 and have the full gear set. 
Just keep running out of spell points (i've plenty of SP potions, just hate having to gulp so many down).

And fuck, I never knew so many things were immune to electric.   Maybe I just need to Git Gud.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #34 - Jun 28th, 2019 at 9:50am
Print Post  
If you can't zerg with Ball Lightning and Cone of Cold then I don't know what to say.

Maybe you're holding back because the meta'd up spells burn through your SP too quick?

If you want to avoid drinking SP pots, only use the metamagics vs bosses. Spamming 2-3 spells gets the job done for less than a maxed-out spell.

Sorcerer=spell spammer.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

UnknownBuilder
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Jun 28th, 2019 at 11:08am
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jun 28th, 2019 at 8:52am:
And fuck, I never knew so many things were immune to electric.   Maybe I just need to Git Gud.

You're suffering from BETA MALE disease

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #36 - Jun 28th, 2019 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jun 28th, 2019 at 8:52am:
I'm probably just playing this wrong, but it's not as zergy for me as warlock was for heroic/racial past lives.

I'm at level 11 and have the full gear set. 
Just keep running out of spell points (i've plenty of SP potions, just hate having to gulp so many down).

Don’t use max/emp for trash, better off throwing multiple spells instead. You hit hard enough without them. No point spending double the SP if half of your spell damage is beyond the mob’s HP.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Jun 29th, 2019 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
I got gooder.
Haven't played non-warlock spellcaster in so long.
But not this is tearing through stuff.

Miss Evard's though

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #38 - Jun 29th, 2019 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
Any gearset ideas for this through the epics? Figured I'd double dip on racial/epic lives since I never finished epics before quitting.

Thinking I'll just cannith craft 2-3 sets up to 29 but there are surely better options.

Caught up on heroic stuff but still 2 years behind on anything related to epic content/gear at this point.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Jun 30th, 2019 at 3:46am
Print Post  
With the exception of a few items from the WPM pack quests Cannith crafted is the only up to date epic gear until 26

Other options include challenge gear (epic bracers of the wind maybe)

Most of us wear heroic sets until 29
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2019 at 3:50am by Justanotherlurker »  

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Jun 30th, 2019 at 9:09am
Print Post  
If you're lacking SP, do you have wizardry items?  Runic Trinket at level 2 -> Vibrant Purple Ioun Stone at level 5, HGS 150 SP item accessory at level 11.  Can also augment that by Cannith Crafting a large guild slot item for +65 SP (base) over the guild amenity.  Sorc+FvS past lives are another 120 SP base.  As a half-elf this life, with all that I mentioned, I had 861 SP at level 3 and 1568 SP at level 7.  I don't turn off Empower and Maximize, and at level 15 I've only had to drink 8 pots for a few R6/R7 quests we were challenging ourselves with.

Not a fan of air/water over fire/EK.  Other elements don't have the early zergy equivalents of Scorch+Fireball.  Acidball is fine, but you have to suffer through to level 6 with just Acid Spray.  Electric Loop is ok.  Lightning Bolt isn't the powerhouse that Fireball is.  Chain Lightning is amazing, but suffering until level 12 to get that -- no thanks.  Ice sorcs sit on their hands until Cone at 10.

For element immune mobs, bring a friend or do a different quest until you hit level 12.  As a fire sorc, that includes Fire Caves p2, Blackbone skeletons (House J), Hellhounds and some oozes.  No big deal.  Lean on Suggestion/Command Undead/Halt Undead.

I find EK to be more desirable than a second element if you're doing mid skulls.  And if you're playing a sorc, you can be doing mid skulls.  Scroll Mastery at level 9 when you can use Heal scrolls allows you to push skulls higher.  I usually do R2 until level 4 (reaper points), R3 until level 9 (Heal scrolls), then R4+ until cap.  Net 90k RXP per heroic life that way with 18 hours of 20% XP pots. 

Fire also gives you the option of using Flamecleansed Fury over Esoteric at 15.  It's 1 less DC compared to Esoteric, but more PRR and slightly higher crit dmg.  Also works out if your HGS item are goggles which I've had forever.

Even if you don't do fire, there's plenty of goodness in EK to consider as a nuker: +10 PRR, +10 MRR, +40 USP, +50 HP, Arcane Barrier, Scroll Mastery.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Jun 30th, 2019 at 9:38am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 6th, 2019 at 12:01pm:
Feats:
1 Maximize Spell
3 Empower Spell
6 Completionist
9 Pastlife Wizard
12 Enlarge Spell
15 Quicken Spell
18 Heighten Spell

Sorcerers do not need Quicken.  It's a waste of a metamagic.

I have no idea how you can delay Heighten until the end of a heroic life when you've got ~10 quests left to do.  You're giving up too many DCs for too many levels.  For racial PLs, my leveling experience has been fantastic with:

1 Maximize Spell
3 Empower Spell
6 Completionist
9 Heighten Spell
12 Enlarge Spell
15 PL Wizard
18 Evocation Focus

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jun 30th, 2019 at 9:48am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jun 30th, 2019 at 9:09am:
If you're lacking SP, do you have wizardry items?  Runic Trinket at level 2 -> Vibrant Purple Ioun Stone at level 5, HGS 150 SP item accessory at level 11.  Can also augment that by Cannith Crafting a large guild slot item for +65 SP (base) over the guild amenity.  Sorc+FvS past lives are another 120 SP base.  As a half-elf this life, with all that I mentioned, I had 861 SP at level 3 and 1568 SP at level 7.  I don't turn off Empower and Maximize, and at level 15 I've only had to drink 8 pots for a few R6/R7 quests we were challenging ourselves with.

Not a fan of air/water over fire/EK.  Other elements don't have the early zergy equivalents of Scorch+Fireball.  Acidball is fine, but you have to suffer through to level 6 with just Acid Spray.  Electric Loop is ok.  Lightning Bolt isn't the powerhouse that Fireball is.  Chain Lightning is amazing, but suffering until level 12 to get that -- no thanks.  Ice sorcs sit on their hands until Cone at 10.

For element immune mobs, bring a friend or do a different quest until you hit level 12.  As a fire sorc, that includes Fire Caves p2, Blackbone skeletons (House J), Hellhounds and some oozes.  No big deal.  Lean on Suggestion/Command Undead/Halt Undead.

I find EK to be more desirable than a second element if you're doing mid skulls.  And if you're playing a sorc, you can be doing mid skulls.  Scroll Mastery at level 9 when you can use Heal scrolls allows you to push skulls higher.  I usually do R2 until level 4 (reaper points), R3 until level 9 (Heal scrolls), then R4+ until cap.  Net 90k RXP per heroic life that way with 18 hours of 20% XP pots. 

Fire also gives you the option of using Flamecleansed Fury over Esoteric at 15.  It's 1 less DC compared to Esoteric, but more PRR and slightly higher crit dmg.  Also works out if your HGS item are goggles which I've had forever.

Even if you don't do fire, there's plenty of goodness in EK to consider as a nuker: +10 PRR, +10 MRR, +40 USP, +50 HP, Arcane Barrier, Scroll Mastery.

my problem with spell points was having maximize/empower on full time.  hadn't played non-warlock caster and wasnt' sure how it would do in reaper 1.
i learned.

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #43 - Jun 30th, 2019 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Justanotherlurker wrote on Jun 30th, 2019 at 3:46am:
With the exception of a few items from the WPM pack quests Cannith crafted is the only up to date epic gear until 26

Other options include challenge gear (epic bracers of the wind maybe)

Most of us wear heroic sets until 29

Yeah spent the evening looking at gear and not much new stuff indeed. Last life I did with the heroic set but found out I wasn’t landing spells much in reaper. Do people even bother with reaper to level in epics or just plow through lower difficulties?

IP Logged

UnknownBuilder
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Jul 2nd, 2019 at 12:05am
Print Post  
Not better than my sorc

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Jul 3rd, 2019 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
I did a Racial life with this build (2nd toon I'm trying to get to quad-triple completionist, so only basic heroic completionist... mostly 1 heroic past life on each class, it was my 9th racial past life... did 3x on two others... and I've got a long way to go on Epic past lives... 22 more or something) and only at 22 reaper points.

I had all the gear for 10th level.

So, my experience is that I didn't like this or consider it faster than Warlock zerger..

1. Too squishy for my tastes (love me some Stanch and Shining Through on Warlock for when things get hairy).

2. Missed me some evards. Web and dancing ball just ain't fast enough to capture mobs. 

3. Missed the "I get them earlier on Warlock" instakill spells.
4. too many mobs too good at Reflex saves.

Red-named take longer on Warlock to DPS down, but running through all the trash to get to rednames was much slower... and needing to shrine... I haven't shrined in a quest in an non-raid, non-r7+ reaper quest in ages... and I was doing it all the time on this build.

I'm sure it works for others and that's great.
We all have different likes and skills.

« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2019 at 3:37pm by bob the builder »  

IP Logged

goldgolem
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Jul 30th, 2019 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
+1 enlarge
I tend to take extend as my first feat for QOL
for heroic low reapers I dont feel a need for quicken. on higher skulls or epic I would take it
by lvl 18 i start to fail the odd save and if I head to epic on a life i will pick up force of personality

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #47 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 10:19am
Print Post  
I have been trying out different feat orders.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #48 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 11:48am
Print Post  
goldgolem wrote on Jul 30th, 2019 at 7:02pm:
+1 enlarge
I tend to take extend as my first feat for QOL
for heroic low reapers I dont feel a need for quicken. on higher skulls or epic I would take it
by lvl 18 i start to fail the odd save and if I head to epic on a life i will pick up force of personality

I agree.  The QoL benefits from Extend are nice in lower Heroics. 

In upper heroics and epics, a pure sorc's regular buffs last plenty long enough without Extend so I swap it out for Quicken or one of the other metamagics.  Displacement and Haste are the only exceptions, but given a decently geared sorc's spell point pool, Extend's benefit is still somewhat minimal.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #49 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
The Abbot in Sunrise (optional) is immune to both cold and electricity. It think that's the first problem enemy I've found. Screw that guy.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint