Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Downtime extended to 5am (Read 29810 times)
Darcat
DQ Assaulter

BEEFCAKE!!

Re: Downtime extended to 5am
Reply #125 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 2:17am
Print Post  
I really suck at poker =(

I never been to sharn in 10 yrs... hmm

I bought RL dexule too never been there cept entry quest...

too damn busy supplying everyone on the server with toys

Shocked
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2019 at 2:18am by Darcat »  

IP Logged

Dread1313
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #126 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 2:24am
Print Post  
#AreWeHavingFunYet?

IP Logged

Dread1313
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #127 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 2:26am
Print Post  
GimpyPaw wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 12:17am:
So now that they've lost all game data and our toons have all been deleted, how do you think they will try to spin this?

"We are excited to announce our new quest A New Start!" Now, build your character and experience the complete challenge you've all come to know and love!"
- Start in adventurous Korthos, as Celina guides you in the ways of breaking boxes and using levers!
- See how quickly you level as a first life player!
- Unlock Drow, because they are just that awesome!

"ANUSTART"_meme.jpg

IP Logged

Hudat
Korthos Resident

Everywhere a derp derp!

Reply #128 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 2:30am
Print Post  
Best part is that they think this is totally acceptable. They even managed to secure a following of sheep telling them how great they're doing, like it's a bunch of down syndrome babies doing the absolute best they can!
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2019 at 2:31am by Hudat »  

IP Logged

Hudat
Korthos Resident

Everywhere a derp derp!

Reply #129 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 2:30am
Print Post  
Oh wait ...

IP Logged

Dread1313
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #130 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 2:34am
Print Post  
Hudat wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 2:30am:
Best part is that they think this is totally acceptable. They even managed to secure a following of sheep telling them how great they're doing, like it's a bunch of down syndrome babies doing the absolute best they can!

Boomercucks with more money than sense and a bunch of clueless scrubs who self-flagellate and love being screwed up the ass is more like it. Calling them "sheep" is an insult to sheep everywhere.
At least most sheep know they are getting fucked.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #131 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 2:35am
Print Post  
I have to admit - SSG's crappy business sense aside, I've really been enjoying the game more the past two years than I ever did in the past.  I've been hooked on it for way longer than I expected to be when I downloaded it again on a whim two years ago.

And they'll pretty much keep me hooked provided they keep me entertained enough I resist the temptation to play something else where I'll be reminded how good other games actually are.

Incidentally: I'm downloading a new game since apparently I'm going to need something to play today (and possibly this weekend)....

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

mog
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #132 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 2:45am
Print Post  

Laughing and laughing and laughing  Grin Grin
Only ddo have data centers then cause its the first game on history that thinks like this happens Grin

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #133 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 3:30am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 1:52am:
Already happened...
August 15 to November 15th ( more or less ) downtime occured for all the European players when they closed the CodeMasters Servers and sent the character data to Turbine.
Strangely, the following year when LoTRO EU servers closed there was no significative downtime, just a regular maintenance for the European Players ( and no maintenance for the other players ).

… you got the reference.  The code is being shipped to Russia.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #134 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 3:50am
Print Post  
The number of IT armchair quarterbacks and IT apologists is laughable.  This has very little to do with IT execution, and everything to do with company culture. Digimonk nailed it:

Digimonk wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 2:07pm:
Given their stellar track record with bugs, update testing, and code maintenance, I have no doubts at all that their infrastructure and hardware are top-notch with an emphasis on best practices, including redundant backups that are regularly tested as part of their thoroughly documented business continuity and DR plan.

Organizational culture eats strategy for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

IP Logged

mojomuscle
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #135 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:30am
Print Post  
agreed data centers are a real bitch.
i hope they figure out what the fucked up soon.
poor bastrds

IP Logged

Penalty Box
Ex Member

Reply #136 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:37am
Print Post  
Hudat wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 2:30am:

Who thinks it is totally acceptable?  Unfounded statements like this are just as bad as those made by the sheep themselves. 

Fuck off with your blanket negative statements that have no factual basis except to showing how big of an asshat you are.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #137 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:49am
Print Post  
It was nice rambling with you all see see you in DDO 2

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #138 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:14am
Print Post  
Will they have the good sense to say "Hey, sorry, here is a whole week of xp bonus because youre our customers and we care about you!"

Probably not.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Penalty Box
Ex Member

Reply #139 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:26am
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:14am:
Will they have the good sense to say "Hey, sorry, here is a whole week of xp bonus because youre our customers and we care about you!"

Probably not.

I'm going to give them the benefit of doubt till proven otherwise.   I think a good start from ssg would be:

Credit days for subscribers
Extend the anniversary for those that like it
Blanket xp boost for 1 week
....and maybe something else, but the above would be ok.

A heart felt apology goes a long way as well, but usually falls on deft ears from the asshat negative crybabies that always think they are owed something. 

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #140 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:40am
Print Post  
Quote:
but usually falls on deft ears from the asshat negative crybabies that always think they are owed something. 

Are you an SSG employee?  Because you seem to share their cluelessness to how business works.

The business is beholden to the consumer, not the other way around.

Let's go slowly.  I have thousands upon thousands of choices of entertainment and companies I can give my money to. 

SSG are expected to provide me with enjoyment and a good deal if they want my money.  If they don't, I go somewhere else.

SSG provides full access (ish) to the game for a subscription fee.  If anything stops them from providing what they promised for any amount of time - they damn well better kiss some serious ass and make amends for promised services not provided.

It's called capitalism.  Look it up.

It's dumb-ass Pollyanna sheep that blindly follow and support without understand that helps this company make bad decisions not the "asshat negative crybabies."

Grow the fuck up and learn how life works.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Penalty Box
Ex Member

Reply #141 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:59am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:40am:
Are you an SSG employee?  Because you seem to share their cluelessness to how business works.

Let's go slowly.  I have thousands upon thousands of choices of entertainment and companies I can give my money to. 

SSG are expected to provide me with enjoyment and a good deal if they want my money.  If they don't, I go somewhere else.

SSG provides full access (ish) to the game for a subscription fee.  If anything stops them from providing what they promised for any amount of time - they damn well better kiss some serious ass and make amends for promised services not provided.

It's dumb-ass Pollyanna sheep that blindly follow and support without understand that helps this company make bad decisions not the "asshat negative crybabies."

And just because a company screws up does not entitle the consumer to jack shit.  That is how life works fuckhead. 

Expecting nothing and simply being happy that the game is back up(when and if it finally does) is not the same as blindly following and supporting ssg. 

There is not a scenario in earth that says you are ever owed anything.  And THAT is how life works. 

IP Logged

StratleThot
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #142 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 9:00am
Print Post  

^ This +1
They would be very wise to compensate the value loss subs have received. My withdrawal symptoms are starting to satiate now.  Maybe SSG helped me to kicked a bad habit!?

They may have already lost a boatload of F2P.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #143 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 9:09am
Print Post  
Quote:
And just because a company screws up does not entitle the consumer to jack shit.  That is how life works fuckhead. 

Expecting nothing and simply being happy that the game is back up(when and if it finally does) is not the same as blindly following and supporting ssg. 

There is not a scenario in earth that says you are ever owed anything.  And THAT is how life works. 

If they want my future money, then the need to at least give me what they owe me for the money I already gave them. I completely understand tech problems. Tech problems happen and downtimes happen, but when they do happen, the company needs to do a much better job of communicating than Turbine does. And I'm saying Turbine because it's really clear that this is still Turbine even though they call themselves something different now.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #144 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 9:11am
Print Post  
Quote:
A heart felt apology goes a long way as well, but usually falls on deft ears from the asshat negative crybabies that always think they are owed something. 

A heartfelt apology would go a very long way toward mitigating the negative feelings that come from screwups like this and from actively bad decisions like offerwall and Mayban, etc.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #145 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 9:12am
Print Post  
Does anybody remember if they did anything "nice" for the players when they fucked up the datacenter move?

I don't think they did. But my memory may be fuzzy.

I have some sort of vague recollection of being bummed because they did not do anything.
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2019 at 9:14am by somenewnoob »  

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Penalty Box
Ex Member

Reply #146 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 9:31am
Print Post  
StratleThot wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 9:00am:
^ This +1
They would be very wise to compensate the value loss subs have received. My withdrawal symptoms are starting to satiate now.  Maybe SSG helped me to kicked a bad habit!?

They may have already lost a boatload of F2P.

Bahahaha.  That is so true.  When someone is trying to kick a bad habit, dont they say the first 72 hours is the worst? If ssg keeps the game down till sometime Saturday, there might be a lot of players that finally got rid of the ddo addiction.

IP Logged

Sunset Ryder
Korthos Resident

Peace through superior
firepower

Reply #147 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 9:34am
Print Post  
I shall not belittle or berate SSG or its employees. Sometimes large maintenance projects are needed; and sometimes unforeseen problems come up during such work. I am not a programmer, coder, IT person, etc. I wish these people best of luck with their work, and hope to be online soon.  Smiley
I do think that due to this disruption, there should be some compensation for all players, moreso for those with paid membership.
I have had a week of vacation this week, and was looking forward to playing ddo for most of it, so I am somewhat disappointed.

Thelanis: Drowmon, Dwapal, Elvran, Gnowar, Halcle, Helart, Helwiz, Horfig, Humdru, Sunnsett, Wafoar, Wardrakni

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #148 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 9:34am
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 9:12am:
Does anybody remember if they did anything "nice" for the players when they fucked up the datacenter move?

I don't think they did. But my memory may be fuzzy.

I have some sort of vague recollection of being bummed because they did not do anything.

They did an experience bonus IIRC
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2019 at 9:34am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #149 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 9:35am
Print Post  

Not disagreeing with you in principle, but in degree of severity.   Which is highly subjective.   I don't play every day during the week.   Wednesday nights, I have kid sports activities that tie up my evening, Thursday is usually a gaming night but this Thursday I was already planning to see Captain Marvel, so I wasn't planning on playing anyways.   So for me, the downtime is pretty "meh".   I missed the 10 minutes of gold rolls I do each morning and perusing the forums.   If it stretches into the weekend, then I think that's a bigger deal to me.

To me this is like when I got to Starbucks and they are out of my favorite breakfast sandwich to go with my coffee.  It's annoying, but certainly not something that is terribly upsetting.  Of course they run the risk that I will go someplace else to get breakfast that day, like it more, and start going there more often.   But they don't really have to do anything to "make it up to me" emotionally.   Because I'm not all that scarred or upset or triggered.   Now if it happens regularly, that's a different story.   If it starts happening weekly, then it might be a "screw this.  I'll take my business someplace that is more reliable."    But this is the first extended SSG downtime in how long?   Since the data center move back in March/April 2016 or 2017?  Two or three years between downtime that goes for two - three days during the work week isn't moving my needle.   

But that's where everyone is different.  If you are spending 10+ hours per day in game during the week and it is, basically, your primary daily activity that fills your day, then it's a much bigger deal.   Or even if you work 8 hours, come home and spend 4-6 hours every evening in DDO as your primary leisure activity, then it is a bigger deal.

So they don't need to do anything to "make it up" to me, but that's not because I'm a sheep.   It's because I don't feel damaged, at all.   But I get that there are other segments of the community that do feel damaged and do feel the need for an apology and a "let me make this right" compensatory offer.   They can do a lot of things that have zero impact on their bottom line.  Things like larger than normal bonus quest XP at the same time as buddy bonus, etc.   I hope they extend events and bonuses and such, at a minimum.         

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
Send TopicPrint