Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Downtime extended to 5am (Read 29815 times)
Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: Downtime extended to 5am
Reply #225 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 4:26pm:
I played GW2 for a bit when it first came out.  It's fine, I guess.  But I never really liked it.  Felt like there were too many limitations in active combat and the character building and progression was just bland. 

I recall they do non-instanced encounters as well, which I'm not a fan of.

It does have nice graphics and if you like PvP and WvWvW type of stuff then I think that's a plus.  Personally, I'm not into the Battle Royale or PvP stuff.  But there is probably a decent amount of PvE content as well.  it has been out for what, 7 years now?

I played GW2 for 3 years, mostly WvW but also the open world stuff and dungeons.  I thought it was fairly compelling, not the variety of build options of DDO, but still plenty to play with, but over time WvW just got stale and many of PvE development and mechanics caused real problems in WvW...  It was fun running around in groups of 20-40 fighting other similarly sized forces, holding or sieging keeps, I might D/L it again if things don't come back up tonight...

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #226 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
RabbitChoker wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 4:14pm:
"Forcing SSG employees to take rest breaks - 4 hour sleep breaks."  - Oh Poor bastards....they are salaried and won't get a dime from you cheap fuckers.

I'm actually glad to hear that, it gives me a hair more confidence in them.  If your boat has a leak in it - sleep is not a fucking luxury you can afford.  And seriously, to any 'tard that doesn't understand that - you've obviously never had a real career and need to stfu.

There needs to be hell to pay with their technical consultant though.  Every possible problem needed to be expected and planned for well in advance.

And if (I'm joking, I know they didn't) they weren't smart enough to hire a technical consultant and did it all in house, whoever made that call should put their own heads on the chopping block if it happened along the lines of "hey Jack, we have this huge move coming up, you think you and your crew can handle this thing you've never done?"  "I don't know...we can try I guess..."  "Good enough for me, see you Wednesday!"

I can't stress this enough: well over two decades dealing with this type of thing I am yet to see a single company that could afford to lose 3 days worth of business - especially if it should have only been one day with well thought out planning.

Someone dropped that ball.  Someone lost their company a lot of money.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #227 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 4:33pm:
I tend to reject pvp games because it means the developers are making balance decisions based on pvp, and it leaves the game inherently limiting(try Archeage, where there is literally 1 viable build because of the huge advantage it has in pvp).

But I've heard two different things about guild wars: one side insists the pvp is optional, no big deal, and doesn't affect gameplay for non pvpers. Others insist the game is all about pvp and to not even install it if you arent going to live, breath, and eat pvp.

I'm frankly not sure who to listen to.

You don't have to PvP at all, I did a little but it can be pretty tough.  They put a lot of effort in balancing match ups, and your gear is all the same and the build is different.  When you enter the PvP staging area, your build changes to the PvP build, and you choose your gear  and weapons from a list that everyone gets.  There is no grinding for power in PvP, but there are a lot of cookies and cosmetics to get from winning matches.  WvW and PvE are different gear, which you grind for..  the persistant world is cool, each map has a level range associated with it., so if you are level 80 and your friend just started playing you an join them on the low level maps and you get down sized accordingly, but irrc the loot for you is the right level. It's been a while.

IP Logged

Darcat
DQ Assaulter

BEEFCAKE!!

Reply #228 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
TBH actually they just called my secret homephone... and
sending a plane to pick me up cus this isn't working right.
I told them I could fix their crappy HPs--

Im gettin VIP for 2yrs and gold dice rolls daily with my
own huge sack of balls

Cheesy

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #229 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 4:04pm:
I didn't find quildwars grabbed me that much, but it can most likely keep you entertained for a weekend. I suppose I should probably give it another chance.

Have any tips for multi-boxing DDO?

Even if I only get 50 hours out of it that's still about 6 months for me, so well worth trying for the cost of the bandwidth to download.

I use the PyLotro launcher, I've got 2 gaming rigs that I multibox on that are almost identical (mine and my wife's). The smaller one, what I'd consider the minimum for serious dual boxing, is quad core AMD at 3.2 GHZ (not overclocked) with an air cooled heat sing, 16 GB ram, 1 GB LAN, Samsung EVO SSD, and a 8 GB nVidia GTX1070 powering a 4k main monitor and a 1080p side monitor. I can run 4 DDO clients on the 4k monitor and 2 overlapping on the side monitor and my PC stays at about 50%-70% CPU utilization and 65 degrees Celcius, but performance is choppy. 4 windows on the 4k and 1 on the side monitor is pretty good, with occasional stutters while zoning but otherwise completely playable, and 4 or fewer are as responsive as a single instance.

The larger rig has 32 GB RAM and 8 cores, but is otherwise the same, and does a bit better with CPU usage but still has 5 simultaneous instances as the max for good performance.

The kids get weaker PCs, but they all can dual box with PyLotro without significant performance issues. They don't have SSDs, BTW.

I don't use any software to help control the multiple characters, mostly I use 2 or at most 3 characters, and even then it's usually at less crowded times when I can't find a human to run with. I use the 2nd box to open quests on higher difficulty, stand on pressure plates, and/or to cast buffs or handle traps. Performance might be worse if I had 4 accounts all in the quest in a room with active combat, I really don't know how much of a difference that would make. I tried the 5 and 6 instance cases mostly just to see if I could, it's more work than fun for me.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #230 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 4:00pm:
Did they tell him he's got work to do

I know how to use basic cable ties, tacks and sleeves. Cabling problems solved.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #231 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Apparently alluding to Daybreak games fucking up things for SSG was a little too vague >.>

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #232 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 4:50pm:
Even if I only get 50 hours out of it that's still about 6 months for me, so well worth trying for the cost of the bandwidth to download.

I use the PyLotro launcher, I've got 2 gaming rigs that I multibox on that are almost identical (mine and my wife's). The smaller one, what I'd consider the minimum for serious dual boxing, is quad core AMD at 3.2 GHZ (not overclocked) with an air cooled heat sing, 16 GB ram, 1 GB LAN, Samsung EVO SSD, and a 8 GB nVidia GTX1070 powering a 4k main monitor and a 1080p side monitor. I can run 4 DDO clients on the 4k monitor and 2 overlapping on the side monitor and my PC stays at about 50%-70% CPU utilization and 65 degrees Celcius, but performance is choppy. 4 windows on the 4k and 1 on the side monitor is pretty good, with occasional stutters while zoning but otherwise completely playable, and 4 or fewer are as responsive as a single instance.

The larger rig has 32 GB RAM and 8 cores, but is otherwise the same, and does a bit better with CPU usage but still has 5 simultaneous instances as the max for good performance.

The kids get weaker PCs, but they all can dual box with PyLotro without significant performance issues. They don't have SSDs, BTW.

I don't use any software to help control the multiple characters, mostly I use 2 or at most 3 characters, and even then it's usually at less crowded times when I can't find a human to run with. I use the 2nd box to open quests on higher difficulty, stand on pressure plates, and/or to cast buffs or handle traps. Performance might be worse if I had 4 accounts all in the quest in a room with active combat, I really don't know how much of a difference that would make. I tried the 5 and 6 instance cases mostly just to see if I could, it's more work than fun for me.

I've also got a 4k screen, and a pretty powerful beast I could be using(dual 6 cores, 64gb RAM, etc). My main hassle is having to run the rest of the characters through the dungeon. I'm mostly looking for chest pullers. Would  love to find something to help with moving the chars around, don't need them to attack or nothin.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #233 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 4:50pm:
I know how to use basic cable ties, tacks and sleeves. Cabling problems solved.   

Yes, but do you know how to test if a cable is still good after it's been used for autoerotic asphyxiation? Because with this crowd that's probably what "cable problems" means. Pacman larp only goes so far when you've got such a long shift.

I can't believe I came back to this screwed up game to farm a kobold sentient gem for my kid only to hit the worst downtime in recent memory and wind up making lewd comments on the vault, it feels so 2015  Grin

Probably a lot more fun than the actual game, though  Undecided

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #234 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:05pm:
I've also got a 4k screen, and a pretty powerful beast I could be using(dual 6 cores, 64gb RAM, etc). My main hassle is having to run the rest of the characters through the dungeon. I'm mostly looking for chest pullers. Would  love to find something to help with moving the chars around, don't need them to attack or nothin.

Sorry, I can't help you there. Good luck with it, and post back if you find a good solution. I don't play much anymore and rarely bother to grind anything, but if I had an easy way to get multiple pulls I might be inclined to try a little grinding. Though honestly 5 times nothing is still nothing so I probably still wouldn't bother unless they seriously improved drop rates.

IP Logged

Darcat
DQ Assaulter

BEEFCAKE!!

Reply #235 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
DOWN WITH STINKY PINKY!!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #236 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Darcat wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 4:47pm:
rolls daily with my
own huge sack of balls

pics or gtfo

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #237 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:05pm:

You kill them at the beginning, grab stones and res them at the end chest....

IP Logged

contessor
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #238 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:13pm:

Sounds like a smart solution to a dumb problem to me.

IP Logged

pinkpuff
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #239 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Login server is online but not connected to the player database. No news feed in the launcher either.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #240 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:05pm:
Yes, but do you know how to test if a cable is still good after it's been used for autoerotic asphyxiation? Because with this crowd that's probably what "cable problems" means. Pacman larp only goes so far when you've got such a long shift.

Don't use solid core cable for autoerotic asphyxiation, you'll go under the minimum bend radius when you pass it through your fist and wrap it around your thumb for better grip.  Stranded should be ok for this, but take care to not pull with more than 25 pounds of force.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #241 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:13pm:

2x uncleansed greensteel accessories removes the need for finding something to kill you before the backpack ride.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #242 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:11pm:
Sorry, I can't help you there. Good luck with it, and post back if you find a good solution. I don't play much anymore and rarely bother to grind anything, but if I had an easy way to get multiple pulls I might be inclined to try a little grinding. Though honestly 5 times nothing is still nothing so I probably still wouldn't bother unless they seriously improved drop rates.

There's a piece of software called http://isboxer.com/ - i've seen screenshots of people using it(and run into a few of them in game) but it seems to have a steep learning curve. I keep meaning to experiment with it... then I get sidetracked.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

pinkpuff
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #243 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:34pm:
2x uncleansed greensteel accessories removes the need for finding something to kill you before the backpack ride.

/death and then immediately running to quest, stepping in, and then removing con item works until gs can be made also.

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #244 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Downtime Extension: 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) Saturday, March 9th

Our downtime has been extended through 12:00 PM Eastern on Saturday, March 9th. We will keep you updated, and apologize for this lengthy downtime

IP Logged

pinkpuff
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #245 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Noon tomorrow now. It'll be down for the weekend.

IP Logged

AAH
DQ Assaulter

SSG .. making shit a reality.

Reply #246 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
platfarmchink wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 2:40pm:
He (she?) did a short stream a couple hours ago. Hardware issues with the data center move and problems with authentication with the login server....blah blah

15 minutes in. ZOMG THE CORRECTED THE POLARITY.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/392292423

OMFG.  Is that a ponytail ........... creepy pedo look.

Did he just smile when he said that we'll be "suffering" through this. 3:02

"probably have horror stories along those lines" re: working in data centres.   Umm .. NO  Some of us know what we're fucking doing.  Fuck me I can't believe he said that.  It's 2019 ffs.

5:34 "we will resolve everyone's outstanding issues"  Right.  Then fix the fucking 1920s interface from hell made for a 1024x768 screen.

LMAO.  Start at 6:20.  He pauses mid sentence to take a drink.  It's like his brain locked up for a second.  Maybe he's an android.

Signs off with "have fun everyone".  Yeah, we were ...

Anyway, I only log in to get my daily dice and log out.  I just can't resist bagging SSG and Jerry.

Gunga wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 9:31am:
This game doesn’t deserve great players, honestly.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #247 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Pffft

At this point I have no faith it'll be open tomorrow.

IP Logged

Satanscock
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #248 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
NoGoodDoc wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:43pm:
Downtime Extension: 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) Saturday, March 9th

Our downtime has been extended through 12:00 PM Eastern on Saturday, March 9th. We will keep you updated, and apologize for this lengthy downtime

DDO the Venezuela of MMO

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #249 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Satanscock wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:48pm:
DDO the Venezuela of MMO

More like North Korea.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Send TopicPrint