Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Downtime extended to 5am (Read 29691 times)
Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: Downtime extended to 5am
Reply #250 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Somone on twitter posted

(Madstone crater) Almost there...  Just a little longer...

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #251 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Close but no banana

Quote:
DDO Unlimited
‏ @DDOUnlimited
18m18 minutes ago

Downtime Extension: 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) Saturday, March 9th

Our downtime has been extended through 12:00 PM Eastern on Saturday, March 9th. We will keep you updated, and apologize for this lengthy downtime. #DDO

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Darcat
DQ Assaulter

BEEFCAKE!!

Reply #252 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 6:02pm
Print Post  

DDO Unlimited
‏ @DDOUnlimited

Downtime Extension: 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) Saturday, March 9th

Our downtime has been extended through 12:00 PM Eastern on Saturday, March 9th. We will keep you updated, and apologize for this lengthy downtime. #DDO
5:40 PM - 8 Mar 2019

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #253 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
AAH wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:47pm:
LMAO.  Start at 6:20.  He pauses mid sentence to take a drink.  It's like his brain locked up for a second.  Maybe he's an android.

That part stuck out too when I watched.  Fucking weird.  What's he drinking, glycerine?  No wonder he sucks - probably running Wyoh's AI.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Sunset Ryder
Korthos Resident

Peace through superior
firepower

Reply #254 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Wait. I've seen this. This is it. This is the end. Yes. You were laying right there, just like that. And I. . . I... I stand here, right here, and I'm supposed to say something. I say, "Everything that has a beginning has an end, Neo."
-Agent Smith, The Matrix: Revolutions

Thelanis: Drowmon, Dwapal, Elvran, Gnowar, Halcle, Helart, Helwiz, Horfig, Humdru, Sunnsett, Wafoar, Wardrakni

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #255 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 6:28pm:
That part stuck out too when I watched.  Fucking weird.  What's he drinking, glycerine?  No wonder he sucks - probably running Wyoh's AI.

He looks around awkwardly in every frame he is in. I like to think he is tripping balls on shrooms every day.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #256 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 6:57pm:
He looks around awkwardly in every frame he is in. I like to think he is tripping balls on shrooms every day. 

Probably grows 'em in the shower of the basement he lives in.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #257 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Fun Fact: The data center move isn't SSG operated at all, isn't happening in Boston, and is all third party work. Take a guess at who that third party is. If you want to get salty about the downtime, at least be salty about the correct people.

The correct people: The ones who decided to contract with an incompetent operation?

Oh shit. That hits close to home.  Undecided

It is our fault for still giving them money....

Quote:
Apparently alluding to Daybreak games fucking up things for SSG was a little too vague >.>

No. Instead, it was a little too much of the same buck-passing Turbine & now SSG loves to do. A lot of things about their game are out of their control. They see that as an excuse. We tend to see it as a bald admission of incompetence.

In any case, it doesn't support the idea that it's SSG's fault when (okay, if) things go right.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

RabbitChoker
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #258 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 4:37pm:
I'm actually glad to hear that, it gives me a hair more confidence in them.  If your boat has a leak in it - sleep is not a fucking luxury you can afford.  And seriously, to any 'tard that doesn't understand that - you've obviously never had a real career and need to stfu.

Listen snowflake...I've spent the last 19 years administering SQL Server DB's.  Started with SQL 6.5. I've been party to many production migrations. Thankfully, most of them went well. I can empathize with the tech and DBAs know what they are going through. I lived the nightmare while upgrading a SQL Server 7.0 instance to SQL Server 2005 which required complete conversion of all Data Transformation Service(DTS) packages to SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages.

When upper management says "hey go get 4 hours sleep" it's like really....How in the fuck do you expect me to sleep when my whole work world is down? You don't. what you need is a hand job while drinking a six-pack just to mellow out and be distracted.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #259 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Well no if the data center move worked perfectly aces to the people in charge of making that happen which probably isn't SSG. For as much as Coco said (and i'm inferring) third party people were up in all of this from the start.

Calling anyone involved incompetent is showing how salty you are about it. You and I have no idea all the technical problems they are specifically dealing with enough to say that anyone dropped the ball here.

What more do you expect a company to do when a problem occurs? They apologized profusely, they are going to award people some token for their suffering, they are keeping the community updated as best as possible.

I'd hate to see how you guys deal with anyone else in your lives with this kind of attitude. "God damnit wife you burned dinner, fuck it i'm divorcing you and taking the house, this is bush league shit!"

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #260 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
RabbitChoker wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:30pm:
When upper management says "hey go get 4 hours sleep" it's like really....How in the fuck do you expect me to sleep when my whole work world is down? You don't. what you need is a hand job while drinking a six-pack just to mellow out and be distracted.

I'm the guy your bosses bosses hire to unfuck everything.  If I walk into this situation: no one sleeps.

I don't sleep.  They don't sleep.  You sure as fuck don't sleep.

If it makes you feel better, I'm going to hang one of their asses out to dry before yours: but while the ship is sinking - if you want a job next week, get the fuck over that sleep thing.  If you don't like it, sleep in the unemployment line and I'll hire someone who'll get results.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

pinkpuff
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #261 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
I had a part in helping Citibank blow their bailout money on new hardware, including servers. Every branch I visited from Miami to Baltimore to Dallas to Seattle every tech was drinking by 1am during the change overs.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #262 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
That's what SLAs are for.  If nobody gets sued over this, we'll know it was self-inflicted.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Dread1313
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #263 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:38pm:
SLAs

this

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #264 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:38pm:
That's what SLAs are for.  If nobody gets sued over this, we'll know it was self-inflicted.

Nobody will get sued over this, AND it won't be SSG/Daybreak's fault.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #265 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:35pm:
I'm the guy your bosses bosses hire to unfuck everything.  If I walk into this situation: no one sleeps

Do they call you The Wolf?

IP Logged

pinkpuff
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #266 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:50pm:

Let me prepare the oven.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #267 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
I've spent the last 19 years administering SQL Server DB's.

No one cares.  Your experience is irrelevant, as is every other IT armchair quarterback trying to sound authoritative about this situation.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #268 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:50pm:

I'd be lying if I said that wasn't an influence Wink

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #269 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
When you go the cheapest route, you get what you pay for.  They went for the budget server/datacenter, we paid for it with lag and weekly server restarts. Now they (and us) are paying an ever steeper price.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #270 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:04pm
Print Post  

Cordo's continued employment explained?

Quote:
I'd hate to see how you guys deal with anyone else in your lives with this kind of attitude.

Don't. Just don't pretend the 5th burnt dinner in a row is the same category of problem that a first burnt dinner is.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #271 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Wow. The posting rate for randos has gone through the roof since we can't get our laggy fix. Good stuff.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #272 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Randos.... what randos?

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #273 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:
And just because a company screws up does not entitle the consumer to jack shit.  That is how life works fuckhead. 

Expecting nothing and simply being happy that the game is back up(when and if it finally does) is not the same as blindly following and supporting ssg. 

There is not a scenario in earth that says you are ever owed anything.  And THAT is how life works. 

You really, REALLY showed what you don't know about business. You know how many companies have gone under after a natural disaster (not their fault) and didn't recover fast enough? This disaster IS ALL THEIR FAULT. They didn't have a fallback position (when we get to hour YY, we reverse and put everything back).

The three-strikes law should apply: They have never had a successfully "data center move". Each time they hemorrhaged customers.  Throughout several companies, the core personnel don't know how to manage a data center correctly.

Based on that, I had estimated 72 hours.... 48 of "holy fuck we can't get it to work, put it back" and then 24 hours of plugging it back in the way it was.

Are you really supporting this when it was being said the equipment is being moved within the same complex?

For all the hate I give him, I actually feel sorry for Cordo right now - he is the community relations person who has to keep a straight face when the world is imploding behind him (BAGHDAD BOB).

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #274 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:56pm:
No one cares.  Your experience is irrelevant, as is every other IT armchair quarterback trying to sound authoritative about this situation.

Fuck you. Some of us have very relevant experience in just this sort of job: Moving data centers of over 1000 devices over 2000 miles away. Even better, making a fucking data center that is nuclear resistant.

Fuck you and the white horse you rode in on...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 
Send TopicPrint