Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Amber farm is over with the next update (Read 38014 times)
Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Amber farm is over with the next update
Reply #100 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 4:13pm:
Fuck.   Wish you could have box piked one of my toons for those 8 days.    Angry

Grin

I had a waiting list it was so bad...

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #101 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Dickbutt wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 8:14am:
While I disagree with the xp potion part (they sell more from people TRing),

They clearly sell way more for TRs due to the majority of the population doing TRs, and it is the basis of the game. The extra push from amber on xp potions are from players who have every life or close to. There is a fair amount of these on all servers, and anyone who did not TR endlessly.

They didn't want to fix it the first time that they adjusted it for a good reason ; it is a secondary source of xp potion sales that, while it will never rival TRs, it provided an avenue for it at cap. They are not shy about closing down any quest that they think is being abused. Lines of Supply?

The reason they killed it off now is solely due to Sharn release. How stupid would they look if the new expansion got farmed for loot and first time bonuses and then every one went right back to amber? Right. They know what they are doing, it's business. Everything is. Thinking that they fucked up twice on Amber and then still let it go for over a year as incompetence is some Stockholm syndrome shit that naive people tell themselves so they don't feel like they got hustled by a 19 year old intern and a Meth addict from Jersey, outside of a Denny's, as the Producer.
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2019 at 5:10pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #102 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 5:10pm:
They clearly sell way more for TRs due to the majority of the population doing TRs, and it is the basis of the game. The extra push from amber on xp potions are from players who have every life or close to. There is a fair amount of these on all servers, and anyone who did not TR endlessly.

I was assuming without Amber, much of that segment of players would TR to reset first time bonuses.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #103 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Dickbutt wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 8:03pm:
I was assuming without Amber, much of that segment of players would TR to reset first time bonuses.

They would, some still do. After first time bonuses are over almost everyone I know at cap was in Amber on xp weekends, with 50% pots.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #104 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 3:57pm:
Can 100% confirm xp weekends in amber will net you wings in 8 days

Starting from zero, that's 703k per day. Assuming max bonuses it was paying 2476 rxp per run if I'm not wrong. So 283 runs per day. Let's say you have a really efficient party, wich is not always the case, but let's just assume you are averaging 3.5 mins per run. That's 16 and half hours of farm per day. And I'm not couting the time spent in Land of Barovia. Possible? Totally. Worth it? Meh... I gave a shot. I did about 80 first day and wanted to kill myself. On the second did less. On the third the effciency dropped down a lot, as my brain was melting so the speed was reduced and deaths started to happen. The sun shinning outside became more interesting.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #105 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 3:27am
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Mar 19th, 2019 at 8:29pm:
Starting from zero, that's 703k per day. Assuming max bonuses it was paying 2476 rxp per run if I'm not wrong. So 283 runs per day. Let's say you have a really efficient party, wich is not always the case, but let's just assume you are averaging 3.5 mins per run. That's 16 and half hours of farm per day. And I'm not couting the time spent in Land of Barovia. Possible? Totally. Worth it? Meh... I gave a shot. I did about 80 first day and wanted to kill myself. On the second did less. On the third the effciency dropped down a lot, as my brain was melting so the speed was reduced and deaths started to happen. The sun shinning outside became more interesting.

Think you get like 4.5 k a run during the xp week they had.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #106 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
The reason they killed it off now is solely due to Sharn release. 

They pulled that shit with Aasimar race too. Straight up nuked Humans.

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #107 - Mar 23rd, 2019 at 8:02pm
Print Post  

They didn't want to fix it the first time that they adjusted it for a good reason ; it is a secondary source of xp potion sales that, while it will never rival TRs, it provided an avenue for it at cap. They are not shy about closing down any quest that they think is being abused. Lines of Supply?

The reason they killed it off now is solely due to Sharn release. How stupid would they look if the new expansion got farmed for loot and first time bonuses and then every one went right back to amber? Right. They know what they are doing, it's business. Everything is. Thinking that they fucked up twice on Amber and then still let it go for over a year as incompetence is some Stockholm syndrome shit that naive people tell themselves so they don't feel like they got hustled by a 19 year old intern and a Meth addict from Jersey, outside of a Denny's, as the Producer.

Could have been easily avoided by making Sharn have good quests for rxp too but that might have been too hard for them to do.

IP Logged

Magneto
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #108 - Mar 24th, 2019 at 6:04am
Print Post  
Hardcore Farming sucks

ok , i was several times in teths party. but only 10 runs or so.
even 4600 rxp is not worth to do boring things like that.
where is the fun ?? now you got wings, and now ?if i have my wings i have to wait allways for new updates-play guild wars 2 immo.

cheers ytzi

IP Logged

ahti
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #109 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
rip amber Grin

IP Logged

imanoob
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #110 - Mar 29th, 2019 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
The fun police strike again!

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #111 - Mar 29th, 2019 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
Ran amber today.  Was indeed more painful.  Not sure if the awakened skulls start that way, or someone moved too close to rahadin and i didn't catch them.  Definitely more difficult to solo, but 2 or 3 folks that could solo before should be good.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #112 - Mar 29th, 2019 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Mar 29th, 2019 at 7:41pm:
Ran amber today.  Was indeed more painful.  Not sure if the awakened skulls start that way, or someone moved too close to rahadin and i didn't catch them.  Definitely more difficult to solo, but 2 or 3 folks that could solo before should be good.

There are skulls on the left stairs to main room, and 2 close to the skeleton at right. Soloable but not for 90% even among the good players, and in any case the efficiency is cut to  half at least, while the risk is multiplied many times. Not sure what is best class, arcanes have easier times with reapers, divines have implosion and stronger frogs. Impossible on warlocks, you want halt.

Maybe doing R8 is more interesting as you can self heal to an extent if you are a divine or you got lays.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #113 - Mar 30th, 2019 at 1:22am
Print Post  
Still pretty easy if you are competent. If you were gimp before, you might have trouble now.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #114 - Mar 30th, 2019 at 8:51am
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Mar 30th, 2019 at 1:22am:
Still pretty easy

I love it how people are so big mouthed about things in forums. While every good player in game is complaining about this. Video or never happened.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #115 - Mar 30th, 2019 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Mar 30th, 2019 at 8:51am:
I love it how people are so big mouthed about things in forums. While every good player in game is complaining about this. Video or never happened.

Being one of the best players on Ghallanda, Cripe just turned you into the big mouthed know nothing on the forums that you’re complaining about, dum dum.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #116 - Mar 30th, 2019 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Too bad never heard of this person. If that was the case a video wouldn't be hard for him to make. But yeah, he can "do the tiefling past lives in 6 hours" right lol

Cripey wrote on Mar 12th, 2019 at 8:50pm:
Yeah its gonna take about 6 hours to do 3 tieflings and back to normal.

Hm unless maybe there is a otto amber completion box?
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2019 at 2:21pm by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #117 - Mar 30th, 2019 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Mar 30th, 2019 at 2:18pm:
Too bad never heard of this person. If that was the case a video wouldn't be hard for him to make. But yeah, he can "do the tiefling past lives in 6 hours" right lol

Hm unless maybe there is a otto amber completion box?

No amount of begging will get me to make videos to teach you how to play, sorry.

Grands Superhero IRL

EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

what the fuck guys...

Assholes.

IP Logged

yardarm_
Toothless Molehunter

I Love Drama!

Reply #118 - Mar 30th, 2019 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Mar 30th, 2019 at 2:50pm:
No amount of begging will get me to make videos to teach you how to play, sorry.

stfu dumbass we are talking about r10 and not r1

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #119 - Mar 30th, 2019 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
yardarm_ wrote on Mar 30th, 2019 at 4:19pm:

Do you even know what r10 looks like? I didn't think you could count that high.

Grands Superhero IRL

what the fuck guys...

Assholes.

IP Logged

ahti
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #120 - Mar 30th, 2019 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Mar 30th, 2019 at 1:22am:
Still pretty easy if you are competent. If you were gimp before, you might have trouble now.

monks arcanes divines and aa-s could solo that before easiliy, what about other classes? now u need to deal with skulls, specters with sectral strikes even after u dd will take damage, champ,have fun
i sololed this on monk warlock and aa with 6 people scailing when was bonus xp , while party piked at entrance, now i cant do it it none of my toons, not realy crying, farming amber instances evry day 3 toons twice run was getting pretty booring anyway
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2019 at 5:44pm by ahti »  

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #121 - Mar 30th, 2019 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
yardarm_ wrote on Mar 30th, 2019 at 4:19pm:

If you’re so used to doing R10s, than what difference does a few more mobs make, dipshit? Unless, since you’re just a big talking forum shitter, the only quest that you could run on R10 was Amber, and now the one quest that made you an R10 superstar has been taken away. Eat a dick, dopey.
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2019 at 5:38pm by Gunga »  

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #122 - Mar 31st, 2019 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Mar 30th, 2019 at 4:29pm:
Do you even know what r10 looks like? I didn't think you could count that high.

Ever since a freak masturbating accident, he can only count to five.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

LavaMuffDiver
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #123 - Apr 1st, 2019 at 9:43am
Print Post  
The above is bullshit posturing.  Before in amber you didn't have to fight a single ghost or flame skull to complete and now every single room on the route to the lich is full of annoying mobs.  Can it still be done?  of course.  But for RXP grinding it became instantly not worth it.  Literally every other quest in RL can be done faster now.

It is the same as ever, there is no sense of scale at all when they fix stuff.  If card farming was the issue just making some mobs at the first door and soldier room would have been enough.  Now its just like every other dungeon, open door, fight mobs, repeat ad nauseam.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #124 - Apr 1st, 2019 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
LavaMuffDiver wrote on Apr 1st, 2019 at 9:43am:
The above is bullshit posturing.  

On the Vault? Noooo...

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
Send TopicPrint