Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Amber farm is over with the next update (Read 37843 times)
Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Amber farm is over with the next update
Mar 12th, 2019 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
From Lamania:
Quests
Amber Temple now has more monsters on elite and reaper

IP Logged

noobane
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Amber farm is over with the next update
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Mar 12th, 2019 at 4:48pm:
From Lamania:
Quests
Amber Temple now has more monsters on elite and reaper

so you stepped in to test that or read something and thought you'd make a general statement?  I'm sure smart people will figure out how to still get close to 10 kills while optimizing their route.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
noobane wrote on Mar 12th, 2019 at 4:50pm:
so you stepped in to test that or read something and thought you'd make a general statement?  I'm sure smart people will figure out how to still get close to 10 kills while optimizing their route.

I just read the release notes, pretty obvious, but now there is this, nobody is gonna farm R anything:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/503840-Amber
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2019 at 5:21pm by Tspoon »  

IP Logged

hyplo
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
I have run on Reaper, only R1 due to the character I could get over there.

There is a mixture of Skeletons (Entombed Wizards/Protectors) and Specters along the way.   There were three skeletons as you open the door, there were Specters along the way to the first Mrak room.   The hallways all seemed to have one or two Specters.    I cannot say what else was contained as I got a good card draw on my first attempt.

As far as I am concerned the right build will not have any issues completing the quest but rather than sub six minute completions you are looking at 10 minute completions.  It took me longer as I did not have a decent Skeleton beater on my character.

IP Logged

mr420247
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Awesome testing thanks

FVS dps combo probably best

Skulls and red swarm might suck

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Just solo fvs meh. Implode + frog + undeath to death, done

will take a bit to practice but I'm sure if it's just 3 skells after first door, and a couple ghosts here and there it'll be about the same. Arcanes are going to have problem maybe
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2019 at 8:47pm by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
Someone recently posted here about running R10 Amber 400 times in a weekend. Our resident mole (Salias / Lynnabel) ran that tidbit over to Sev-pay's desk and then the gates opened to land a sledgehammer instead of being imaginative about it.

"We will not balance the game based on reaper" they lied, as this hammer applies to elite as well.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #7 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 3:05am
Print Post  
See?  This is why I hate Jerry and twats like Gramh.  They enable the turbine team to make really, really bad decisions.

Fucking Amber is so not an issue (leaving a really good joke there on the table, enjoy).

"Hey, a very small percentage* grind out a handful of reaper xp not really all that quickly at all.  These guys literally have no challenge left in this game but to God awful slowly grind out a gazillion fucking reaper xp for their 100th point.  They don't even TR any more, they just spend time in epics on capped toons, never earning favor, never using free points.  They just sit their spending their own money on XP pots to get these reaper points."

"We should totally fuck up the quest for everyone to teach these handful of guys that technically aren't doing anything wrong at all a lesson."

I don't even like farming Amber (even with one of the 'pros', it still fucking takes forever waiting for good cards) but this is a really fucking waste of time, effort and resources. 

Even if it were an issue, they're a year to late.  You barely see Amber groups any more.  Even on Cannith. 

So, congrats team.  You're making the game a little shittier to fix a non-existent issue.

*and it fucking is Gramh.  Stop being an idiot Gramh.  You're fucking clueless Gramh
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2019 at 3:10am by Skoodge »  

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 5:06am
Print Post  
These idiots are too clueless not to include some similar kind of oversight in Sharn. Just a matter of waiting.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #9 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 7:11am
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Mar 13th, 2019 at 5:06am:
These idiots are too clueless not to purposefully include some similar kind of intentional exploit in Sharn to make sure it sells as much as possible right out of the gate. Just a matter of waiting for them to punish us for their own bait and switch.

FIFY

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #10 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 10:23am
Print Post  
Exactly, everytime they create some absurd stupid op shit is to push sells.

When they are done or want to introduce a new bait shit they nerf the previous op shit.

If some of you stop to buy their garbage instead to buy it asap to compensate how crap player you are maybe one day they stop the nerfs.

Turdbin is a piece of shit that lives to scam the players but you tard that give them money is the reason they keep nerfing the game.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 11:52am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Mar 13th, 2019 at 3:05am:
See?  This is why I hate Jerry and twats like Gramh.  They enable the turbine team to make really, really bad decisions.

Fucking Amber is so not an issue (leaving a really good joke there on the table, enjoy).

"Hey, a very small percentage* grind out a handful of reaper xp not really all that quickly at all.  These guys literally have no challenge left in this game but to God awful slowly grind out a gazillion fucking reaper xp for their 100th point.  They don't even TR any more, they just spend time in epics on capped toons, never earning favor, never using free points.  They just sit their spending their own money on XP pots to get these reaper points."

"We should totally fuck up the quest for everyone to teach these handful of guys that technically aren't doing anything wrong at all a lesson."

I don't even like farming Amber (even with one of the 'pros', it still fucking takes forever waiting for good cards) but this is a really fucking waste of time, effort and resources. 

Even if it were an issue, they're a year to late.  You barely see Amber groups any more.  Even on Cannith. 

So, congrats team.  You're making the game a little shittier to fix a non-existent issue.

*and it fucking is Gramh.  Stop being an idiot Gramh.  You're fucking clueless Gramh

It goes against mission statement to leave amber temple alone forever just because a dedicated few will grind it out relentlessly. I personally don't care one way or the other, because I imagine if those dedicated few wanted they'll find a way to cope. My only gripe is with the people pretending that the people who weren't already doing this are losing out.

In simple to understand words: Oh noes the challenge mode is challenging!

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
If I thought there was any value to responding directly to Gramh I would probably do it, and he'll almost certainly chase my tailpipe until someone else drives by him now, the real problem is that this makes the saga a huge pain in the ass if you aren't VIP.  Elite is going to be a harder completion than low reaper, so the semi serious casuals or people who primarily run elite BB are getting fucked.  And while I am sure some people will still figure out how to make it work for farming, most will not bother...

IP Logged

yardarm_
Toothless Molehunter

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It goes against mission statement to leave amber temple alone forever just because a dedicated few will grind it out relentlessly. I personally don't care one way or the other, because I imagine if those dedicated few wanted they'll find a way to cope. My only gripe is with the people pretending that the people who weren't already doing this are losing out.

I hope your ip gets blocked from the vault you cunt

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
yardarm_ wrote on Mar 13th, 2019 at 12:05pm:
I hope your ip gets blocked from the vault you cunt

It's not his ip that is blocked....

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #15 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Mar 13th, 2019 at 10:23am:
Exactly, everytime they create some absurd stupid op shit is to push sells.

When they are done or want to introduce a new bait shit they nerf the previous op shit.

From the thing that didn't get nerfed this time, it's safe to say Sharn won't have non-combat optionals. They have to leave people some reason to still buy Ravenloft.

IP Logged

hyplo
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Lets cover the basics of this change.

If you are a superior piker and farm the shit of the cards to get the perfect run you can complete in sub 6 minutes, with 10 kills and 4,500 RXP this change fucks you over.   Plain and simple.

If you are at least a decent player on a decently equipped character who runs this quest ad Nauseam for 3,500 to 5,200 RXP and really don't give a rats ass about the end location of the Holy Symbol of Ratskind  than this change adds a few wrinkles.   Your path will change (already discussed on motherboards) and you may have to pack a few different tools of the trade, be it spell or weapons.   Instead of sub 8 minute runs you'll be at sub 10 minutes runs or sub 12 at worst.   For this group of players it doesn't fucking matter to them because it is still the fastest way to farm RXP.   The will continue to run it ad Nauseam until something better comes along. 

And that is the problem, SSG is screwing over the casual (or piker prefer) be creating a minor inconvenience to the top end players.   

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
hyplo wrote on Mar 13th, 2019 at 12:39pm:
Lets cover the basics of this change.

If you are a superior piker and farm the shit of the cards to get the perfect run you can complete in sub 6 minutes, with 10 kills and 4,500 RXP this change fucks you over.   Plain and simple.

If you are at least a decent player on a decently equipped character who runs this quest ad Nauseam for 3,500 to 5,200 RXP and really don't give a rats ass about the end location of the Holy Symbol of Ratskind  than this change adds a few wrinkles.   Your path will change (already discussed on motherboards) and you may have to pack a few different tools of the trade, be it spell or weapons.   Instead of sub 8 minute runs you'll be at sub 10 minutes runs or sub 12 at worst.   For this group of players it doesn't fucking matter to them because it is still the fastest way to farm RXP.   The will continue to run it ad Nauseam until something better comes along. 

And that is the problem, SSG is screwing over the casual (or piker prefer) be creating a minor inconvenience to the top end players.   

If you’re good you never card farm, you can run every single one of them under 5 mins if you have 1 other person doing secret doors.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #18 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 12:58pm
Print Post  

As always, most ppl will shift to the new farm.

They dont give a fuck about casual because they just care about the whales.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Slick Stick
Puppy Farmer

Titties!

Reply #19 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
My only gripe is with the people pretending that the people who weren't already doing this are losing out.

You are the guy that doesn't see the forest until you smacked the fuck into the 1st tree. Gratz! Cheesy

Just because someone asks a question, doesn't mean they need an answer.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #20 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
just a quest overperforming...

you know how they hate overperforming things ( including servers )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

yardarm_
Toothless Molehunter

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 13th, 2019 at 2:44pm:
just a quest overperforming...

you know how they hate overperforming things ( including servers )

or masters blitz LOL  Cheesy

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Man you idiots are salty about this amber farm thing XD "it's fucking over the casuals!" well the casuals don't deserve to be running reaper if they can only pike it. "it's fucking over the top end players" no it's not they'll figure a way around the problem. I think it's just you bad players found a way to skirt the system and they are taking it away from you so now you have to earn your wings the real way. Sucks to be shitty players.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Instead of sub 6 minute runs you'll be at sub 10 minutes runs or sub 12 at worst. 

Doubling the time to complete and the risk makes difference.

In any case, I just got a report that just to make it to the first mrack location in the table you need to kill 30 mobs. Say goodbye to this quest if this is going live.

Inlcudes amber golems and skulls. This is ridiculous. From the best quest to "with a full party and first time bonus maybe it's worth it if you reduce skull"
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2019 at 7:23pm by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
You don't really expect them to have any quests where you don't walk down a hall and find a pack of the same 10 mobs standing there every 100 feet do you?

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Send TopicPrint